Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev78910NextLast
Jakethesnake86 Dropped the 500 Ball 500
401. Author: Ram27Date: Fri, 5/17/2024, 6:50AM EST
Turn the page it is Friday.............ram27bat
402. Author: MACSDate: Fri, 5/17/2024, 7:24AM EST
Mornin' dudes... coffeed up, dog walked and fed. Will chillax for a moment and then get started on yard work.

Maybe a smoke and a drink in the garage later.
403. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Fri, 5/17/2024, 7:52AM EST
Morning, peeps. Back to reality today. Think I can make it to the weekend
404. Author: MACSDate: Fri, 5/17/2024, 10:27AM EST
Don't overdo it. LOL

Got the grass cut, was prepping the equipment for cleaning before I put it away and the rain came. Got it cleaned and put away, but I got a little wet doing it.

S'awright... I got a lot wet when I showered it all off.Gonz
405. Author: rfenstDate: Fri, 5/17/2024, 10:36AM EST
Good late morning!

We are heading 55 miles to my best friends beach condo this weekend while he is out of town. Another good friend has a condo in a complex 200yds away and we plan to hang out with them this weekend. Fifth floor, direct ocean view.

Unfortunately, we are getting all the rain over the weekend that soaked Texas over the last week.

Nevertheless, a rainy day at the beach is better than none at all!
406. Author: rfenstDate: Fri, 5/17/2024, 10:38AM EST
DrMaddVibe wrote:
Rumor has it he's following the science or has his head up Fauci’s ass.

Lay off.

407. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Fri, 5/17/2024, 11:03AM EST
Running erands and prepping for an overnight trip out west.
Tomorrow moring will be up at 4:00 a.m. and on the road no later than 4:30.
Early to the lounge today, early out, and an early bedtime.
408. Author: MACSDate: Fri, 5/17/2024, 12:04PM EST
8trackdisco wrote:
Running erands and prepping for an overnight trip out west.
Tomorrow moring will be up at 4:00 a.m. and on the road no later than 4:30.
Early to the lounge today, early out, and an early bedtime.

MP3 visit? Hug the kid for me... if you can get your arms around him.
409. Author: izonfireDate: Fri, 5/17/2024, 2:39PM EST
Another day of breaking rocks in the hot sun.
Musta done something really bad in a past life…
410. Author: Huzza3045Date: Fri, 5/17/2024, 2:41PM EST
Happy Friday folks!
411. Author: MidnightToker( • )( • )Date: Fri, 5/17/2024, 3:11PM EST
Happy FridayBeer Herfing
412. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Fri, 5/17/2024, 3:43PM EST
rfenst wrote:
Lay off.

Are you kidding me?

You were here the entire time. He deserves it...and more!

All I did was raise questions (and more and more and more were proven to be correct!) while he tried to silence me and anyone else like Bucky and MACS and a host of others into submission.

He ran off. Whatever. Comes back with an alias and plays like it's not him. We all know it's him. Doesn't have the stomach to face the music.
413. Author: MACSDate: Fri, 5/17/2024, 4:15PM EST
fog He's right ya know...
414. Author: MidnightToker( • )( • )Date: Fri, 5/17/2024, 4:17PM EST
Spies amongst us?
415. Author: JGRAZDate: Fri, 5/17/2024, 5:25PM EST
Evening folks. Hope everyone's Friday was good, welcome to the weekend.
416. Author: frankj1Date: Fri, 5/17/2024, 5:47PM EST
izonfire wrote:
Another day of breaking rocks in the hot sun.
Musta done something really bad in a past life…

I'm guessing it's because you fought the law...
417. Author: PalamaDate: Fri, 5/17/2024, 6:09PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
I'm guessing it's because you fought the law...

…and the law won.

https://youtu.be/OgtQj8O92eI?si=R230kGmF-i41QrQm

Or mebbe this version instead:

https://youtu.be/AL8chWFuM-s?si=JTHxE9ye6iWUiS9d
418. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Fri, 5/17/2024, 6:54PM EST
Sorry, wasn't ignoring. Just day drinking.

Jakethesnake86 wrote:
^ you into golf or just go when there’s an outing?

I'm back into it after several years. Not very good. Par is birdie and bogie is par in my mind.
Got back into it because I was tired of sucking at the outing though.

jeebling wrote:
Are you in the motion picture industry?

Nah, power generation. Specifically, treating the water we return to the river so the fishies stay happy.

Director I mentioned was Director of Chemical/Environmental Compliance
He lost his wife to cancer, so started raising funds for research to fight it. As of yesterday, hit $1.4m and had the #6 highest Relay for Life team in the country in '23. You might say he's kinda dedicated
419. Author: danmdevriesDate: Fri, 5/17/2024, 8:33PM EST
13 hours at work today.

This work thing has turned into a full time job.
420. Author: frankj1Date: Fri, 5/17/2024, 9:46PM EST
Sunoverbeach wrote:
Sorry, wasn't ignoring. Just day drinking.

I'm back into it after several years. Not very good. Par is birdie and bogie is par in my mind.
Got back into it because I was tired of sucking at the outing though.

Nah, power generation. Specifically, treating the water we return to the river so the fishies stay happy.

Director I mentioned was Director of Chemical/Environmental Compliance
He lost his wife to cancer, so started raising funds for research to fight it. As of yesterday, hit $1.4m and had the #6 highest Relay for Life team in the country in '23. You might say he's kinda dedicated

I am commanded to love this guy.

wanna share any kinda site where our generous brethren might be able to contribute?
421. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Fri, 5/17/2024, 9:48PM EST
Everybody is. He was a notorious micromanager, but still a great person to work for
422. Author: DrafterXDate: Fri, 5/17/2024, 9:49PM EST
Screw the fishes... Not talking
423. Author: BuckyB93Date: Fri, 5/17/2024, 10:35PM EST
A woman in town set up a mini pantry on her property this past week. Built a small shed and stocked it with non perishable foods, diapers, personal care products, and so on. Free to anyone that wants them and it's monitored with her security cameras. It's open 7 days a week from like 7 AM to 7 PM. Much of it is out of her own pocket and donations from others. Free stuff for folks that might need them. Sort of an honor system thing.

Town hall is giving her flack and wants to shut her down even though she has the proper permits. WTF? She's not preparing food so those regulations are not needed. She's not stocking perishables like fresh produce, milk, meat stuff. It's just a a small "Pantry" as she calls it but City Hall want's her to stop.

In town there is a church that grows a community garden in the summer. Fresh veggies and stuff for folks to take, again on the honor system. I try to support these types of things. Is her small Pantry much different than that?

Did I mention that she ran for mayor last year as an independent but lost to the sitting democrat mayor (they were the only two on the ballot). If you have an R to your name in MA you will most likely loose. Trying not to make this a political post but why would the town try to shut down a small free food panty supported by her out of pocket money and residents' donations? Personal vendetta from the existing mayor against someone who tried to unseat him on the last election? Is this much different than the community garden that the local church runs? Is this much different than a kid's lemonade stand?
424. Author: rfenstDate: Fri, 5/17/2024, 10:53PM EST
DrMaddVibe wrote:
Are you kidding me?

You were here the entire time. He deserves it...and more!

All I did was raise questions (and more and more and more were proven to be correct!) while he tried to silence me and anyone else like Bucky and MACS and a host of others into submission.

He ran off. Whatever. Comes back with an alias and plays like it's not him. We all know it's him. Doesn't have the stomach to face the music.

Just not in the 500.That's all. Herfing

425. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Fri, 5/17/2024, 11:26PM EST
DrafterX wrote:

Freak
426. Author: rfenstDate: Fri, 5/17/2024, 11:39PM EST
@423

Probably a zoning and/or code violation. Residential area?
Give me her last name, the town's name and the name of the county- and I will find it all in bout three minutes...
427. Author: izonfireDate: Fri, 5/17/2024, 11:40PM EST
Sunoverbeach wrote:
Freak

Hey, maybe he identifies as a fish.
You can do that now…
428. Author: rfenstDate: Fri, 5/17/2024, 11:42PM EST
izonfire wrote:
Hey, maybe he identifies as a fish.
You can do that now…

Because my fish flagellate upstream?
429. Author: izonfireDate: Fri, 5/17/2024, 11:42PM EST
rfenst wrote:
Just not in the 500.That's all. Herfing

Agreed.
All political bs aside, TW is a good hearted dude, and I miss him…
430. Author: izonfireDate: Fri, 5/17/2024, 11:43PM EST
rfenst wrote:
Because my fish flagellate upstream?

Your flagellations are legendary.
Or so I’ve heard…
431. Author: MACSDate: Sat, 5/18/2024, 6:51AM EST
DrafterX wrote:

I dunno... they swim pretty fast... Think
432. Author: deadeyedickDate: Sat, 5/18/2024, 7:07AM EST
Morning fish fornicators and the rest of youse dudes.

Getting into the 90s now so it's time to get the floaty inflated, unfurl the big cantilever umbrella and get in the pool. The water is still a little cold but fine once ya get in past the nads.
433. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sat, 5/18/2024, 7:15AM EST
Happy Saturday fellas
434. Author: JGRAZDate: Sat, 5/18/2024, 7:36AM EST
Morning "gentlemen"
Got a rare quite morning. Everyone still sleeping, and a decent start to the day before the rains arrive. Coffee and a stick on the patio it is.
435. Author: corey sellersDate: Sat, 5/18/2024, 7:43AM EST
Morning gents
436. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Sat, 5/18/2024, 8:51AM EST
Morning peeps. Perusing local nurseries today. Mrs Beach wants to look at the pretty flowers
437. Author: BuckyB93Date: Sat, 5/18/2024, 8:56AM EST
Kind of a gray day today. Weather people say on and off showers. Gonna be a lazy day and do some stuff around the house and want to do some stuff on the deck. I have and indoor cat that I inherited from a neighbor. He's maybe 2 or 3 yrs old and has been and indoor cat his whole (short) life so we've slowly been introducing him to the outdoors. As with any domesticated animal, he likes to take a nap in the Sun, fresh air and claim some more territory. He likes outdoors but I don't want him wandering around the neighborhood outside with the possibility of getting squashed by a passing car.

He can lounge around on the deck but the deck slats are are open enough for him to slip through in attempts to chase birds and stuff (hunting instinct). Probably put a some lattice around the slats or a temporarily show fence thingy so he hang out on the deck but can't escape.

Also want to get the auto water irrigation thingy going for the container plants that we have on the deck.

Thawed out a bunch of chicken breasts but need to decide what to make with them. I predict a nap in the future as I contemplate what kind of chicken recipe to cook.

438. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sat, 5/18/2024, 9:10AM EST
Dishwasher latch broke. Only the 2nd repair needed since I pulled it from someone's curbside trash about 12 years ago. Initially needed a pump for about $100. 3-4 years ago the power cord was loose in the socket and arced/melted so I replaced that. Now the door latch broke. $88 for a latch handle and $22 for a spring!!

439. Author: MACSDate: Sat, 5/18/2024, 9:24AM EST
Walked the dog, did 30 minutes on the treadmill for 2.6 miles (ain't setting no speed records, fuh sho!) and then did some trap bar deadlifts.

Now I need to wash my stinky self and get some nourishment.

Warm out there... 82 going to 90 today, but the humidity is 77%. Ooof.
440. Author: Ram27Date: Sat, 5/18/2024, 9:25AM EST
Howdy one & all..............ram27bat
441. Author: RobertHivelyDate: Sat, 5/18/2024, 9:38AM EST
danmdevries wrote:
Dishwasher latch broke. Only the 2nd repair needed since I pulled it from someone's curbside trash about 12 years ago. Initially needed a pump for about $100. 3-4 years ago the power cord was loose in the socket and arced/melted so I replaced that. Now the door latch broke. $88 for a latch handle and $22 for a spring!!

If my dishwasher broke I'd take her to a doctor if I couldn't find a DIY fix.
442. Author: rfenstDate: Sat, 5/18/2024, 10:19AM EST
Beach weekend cancelled. Woke up with a seriously infected thumb at the cuticle. Soaked it in warm wate/betadine. Squeezed out some puss so it wouldn't throb as much.

Went to walk-in clinic and got an RX for Keflex. Hope it works fast. Even though I am right-handed, I never realized how much I use my left thumb.

93/75F with 34% of rain starting around 3pm and for the rest of the night. Good for the lawn. Sucks for the pool because the extra rain water throws off my pool's salinity.

Not going to do anything much today except, perhaps the vherf tonight for UFC fights if others will be online.
443. Author: jeeblingDate: Sat, 5/18/2024, 10:32AM EST
corey sellers wrote:
Morning gents

Good morning, Gentlemen and Corey.
444. Author: jeeblingDate: Sat, 5/18/2024, 10:36AM EST
JGRAZ wrote:
Morning "gentlemen"
Got a rare quite morning. Everyone still sleeping, and a decent start to the day before the rains arrive. Coffee and a stick on the patio it is.

JGRAZ , did you see the coupon from the small place this morning? RE: Blackbird, Tatuaje, Crowned Head
PM if you need the codes.

EDIT: not Blackbird but rather Black Label Trading Company. Apologies for the mix up.
445. Author: Gene363Date: Sat, 5/18/2024, 11:01AM EST
Good Saturday Morning, almost noon, to All!It's an overcast 75° on the way to 77° today.

We left the house yesterday morning, drove four house down to Whidden Gunworks in Nashville, GA, to get a rifle lot tested. Rimfire rifles tend to be picky about ammunition and even which lot they shoot the best.

We intended to go to a rifle match in Dublin, GA today and stay the last night in Dublin, however the match was canceled due to bad weather so we made the four hour drive home last night. It was a long day, but getting to have the rifle tested while bolted to a 500 pound machine rest was worth the trip. I was also able to purchase a fair amount of the ammunition the rifle preferred.
446. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sat, 5/18/2024, 11:43AM EST
RobertHively wrote:
If my dishwasher broke I'd take her to a doctor if I couldn't find a DIY fix.

My wife refuses to hand wash dishes. Says it's gross. So that's my job. Yet she cleans the bathrooms/toilets n stuff.

I want the mechanical dishwasher fixed.
447. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sat, 5/18/2024, 11:51AM EST
Lawn mowed. Fixed the boy's go kart. Fed/watered chickens.

Wife n boy want to go to parents house to swim, so heading down there next.
448. Author: PalamaDate: Sat, 5/18/2024, 12:54PM EST
danmdevries wrote:
My wife refuses to hand wash dishes. Says it's gross. So that's my job. Yet she cleans the bathrooms/toilets n stuff.

Although it’s “my job” to wash the dishes, I don’t really mind. I feel I do a much better job than a dishwasher and since there’s only my wife and I, there’s not like a sinkful of stuff to wash after every meal. The only time we had a dishwasher was when we first got married and lived in an apartment but even then we almost never used it.
449. Author: Gene363Date: Sat, 5/18/2024, 1:24PM EST
Both my wife and I detested washing dishes, the first appliance we bought was a portable dishwasher that connected to the kitchen sink.

Dishwashing was a chore I often did as a kid. Probably most detested from cleaning up the kitchen at my Father's house. It was necessary if we wanted to eat anything and avoid food poisoning. My Pop lived on alcohol, nuts, a little yogurt and a couple of daily packs of PallMall red death cigarets. Kitchen sanitation was not on his list of things he cared about. On the positive side, I do have really high standards for kitchen cleaning.

Dishwashers need a couple of things to do a great job, Most of all HOT water and second dirty dishes, things like grease supposedly help the dishwasher detergent work better. We have had several brands over the years, the most silent was and Electrolux but the current Bosh, while not quite as silent, does a fantastic cleaning job.
450. Author: rfenstDate: Sat, 5/18/2024, 1:28PM EST
danmdevries wrote:

What's wrong?
FirstPrev78910NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic