America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 2 weeks ago by DrafterX. 155 replies replies.
4 Pages<1234>
da Wall....
RMAN4443 Offline
#51 Posted:
Joined: 09-29-2016
Posts: 894
delta1 wrote:
...maybe around Brockton...

Brockton???????????? I've heard a few things about Brockton d'oh!
tonygraz Offline
#52 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 8,450
Maybe it's something in the water.
RMAN4443 Offline
#53 Posted:
Joined: 09-29-2016
Posts: 894
tonygraz wrote:
Maybe it's something in the water.

I peed in the reservoir a few times......pretty sure the statute of limitations has run out.

frankj1 Offline
#54 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 16,144
RMAN4443 wrote:
Brockton???????????? I've heard a few things about Brockton d'oh!

oh yeah. I remember now. You like Tip Top Pizza, or was it Cape Cod Cafe? But Christo's for sure.
RMAN4443 Offline
#55 Posted:
Joined: 09-29-2016
Posts: 894
frankj1 wrote:
Brockton has the highest number of GOP voters? No way!

High School sports teams, especially football, often receive national attention. Also the home of the late, great heavyweight champion Rocky Marciano...but

Once upon a time it was a thriving, working class city, prominent in the shoe manufacturing industry. Fell on hard times decades ago when that industry left and has never really recovered. Compared to 98.2% of MA, they lag behind by most measurements other than good schools, which are hindered by lack of safety.

High crime, higher than normal (for MA) unemployment, high rates of poverty...there must be some mistake re: GOP voters, unless it's just sheer numbers (good sized population) and not percent. If percent, there are several very wealthy towns that would clobber Brockton when it comes to GOP activity.

If a wall were to be built around Brockton it would be to keep the drug dealers inside.



Marvin Hagler also lived in Brockton and trained at Petronelli's Gym in Brockton.........and the High School football team is known as The Boxers, and they play in Rocky Marciano Stadium.
RMAN4443 Offline
#56 Posted:
Joined: 09-29-2016
Posts: 894
frankj1 wrote:
oh yeah. I remember now. You like Tip Top Pizza, or was it Cape Cod Cafe? But Christo's for sure.

Cape Cod Café....had a friend who worked there and used to bring us pizzas when he got out of work.
My wedding dinner was at Christo's
frankj1 Offline
#57 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 16,144
RMAN4443 wrote:
Cape Cod Café....had a friend who worked there and used to bring us pizzas when he got out of work.
My wedding dinner was at Christo's

my bad for not listing Marvelous Marvin.

Tough town, but I have always loved it and still have reason to go there.
RMAN4443 Offline
#58 Posted:
Joined: 09-29-2016
Posts: 894
frankj1 wrote:
my bad for not listing Marvelous Marvin

Tough town, but I have always loved it and still have reason to go there.


I really haven't been there since my Mom died and my brother moved away about 10 years ago...just occasional visits...is the downtown area near the old Zayre's store as bad as it was in the late 70's.......that was a good place to buy your drugs or get killed, or both. Do you remember the Blue Moon Café?......not a nice place
frankj1 Offline
#59 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 16,144
downtown has had a lot of renovations done but few tenants.Blue Moon sounds familiar, I seem to recall a brick joint on a corner on RT 28 called The Viking that looked like death would happen once inside.

There is or was a sort of pro baseball teamthat palyed near the fair Grounds, When the were born and named the Brockton Rox, there was an uproar about it cuz morons thought it sounded like crack cocaine instead of Sox.

Forgot Hagler's brother, Robbie Sims.
DrafterX Offline
#60 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 75,596
Mellow
frankj1 Offline
#61 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 16,144
DrafterX wrote:
Mellow

don't worry buddy. a wall around Brockton is good for you.
DrafterX Offline
#62 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 75,596
They don't like me..?? Huh
frankj1 Offline
#63 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 16,144
DrafterX wrote:
They don't like me..?? Huh

they don't even like themselves. Tough place.
and the best part...we're gonna get Rhode Island to pay for da wall!
DrafterX Offline
#64 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 75,596
Cool..! Laugh
RMAN4443 Offline
#65 Posted:
Joined: 09-29-2016
Posts: 894
frankj1 wrote:
downtown has had a lot of renovations done but few tenants.Blue Moon sounds familiar, I seem to recall a brick joint on a corner on RT 28 called The Viking that looked like death would happen once inside.

There is or was a sort of pro baseball teamthat palyed near the fair Grounds, When the were born and named the Brockton Rox, there was an uproar about it cuz morons thought it sounded like crack cocaine instead of Sox.

Forgot Hagler's brother, Robbie Sims.

Dennis "Oil Can" Boyd pitched for the Rox in the early or mid 2000's......my brother used to go to a bunch of their games back then.
frankj1 Offline
#66 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 16,144
RMAN4443 wrote:
Dennis "Oil Can" Boyd pitched for the Rox in the early or mid 2000's......my brother used to go to a bunch of their games back then.

you gotta come down to Walpole if/when we do a MAHole Herf again this Spring.
Pick up Dgromberg in Lowell on the way.
RMAN4443 Offline
#67 Posted:
Joined: 09-29-2016
Posts: 894
frankj1 wrote:
you gotta come down to Walpole if/when we do a MAHole Herf again this Spring.
Pick up Dgromberg in Lowell on the way.

sounds good to me........I actually go to the Pat's games with some friends of mine who live in Lowell
tailgater Offline
#68 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,449
dstieger wrote:
I've said that for years.....but...ain't no self-respecting republican going to hold a business accountable when we can demonize someone who doesn't look or talk like us...just isn't in the dna


This is brilliant.
Take a logical argument and turn it into partisan blather.

Try this: Hold people accountable for their actions.
See?
No need to mention R or D.

It's refreshing.


tailgater Offline
#69 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,449
Why we talking about Brockton?

GOP voters represent less than 10%.
TMCTLT Offline
#70 Posted:
Joined: 11-22-2007
Posts: 18,723
dstieger wrote:
racist is such a strong word....maybe I should have said "so we can demonize someone who won't vote for us"



Or....someone who will NOT fight for their OWN country but think nothing of entering another Illegally?

But I agree with you agreeing with Steve and going after those who employ them fog
TMCTLT Offline
#71 Posted:
Joined: 11-22-2007
Posts: 18,723
teedubbya wrote:
Why stop there. Legal weed states are breaking federal law. Lock up their governors, legislators and all their staff, confiscate the list of users and lock them up too. Politics should be D.C. Based.




Try to stay on topic there fella....and I'd rather see all you boozers loose your hooch first. Hate to break it to you but the majority of the country thinks it's ( pardon the pun ) High Time it's taken off the schedule 1 list and STOP comparing it ti **** like heroin like the dumbass Sessions has done.
tonygraz Offline
#72 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 8,450
Zayres - used to like that store, but they went out of business and most were replaced by Ames which also went out of business and had no general replacement.
DrafterX Offline
#73 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 75,596
Mellow
frankj1 Offline
#74 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 16,144
tailgater wrote:
Why we talking about Brockton?

GOP voters represent less than 10%.

Delta googled something that said Brockton had the most GOP voters, a stat I vehemently questioned

But with or without GOP voters, it is a good candidate to be walled in.
tailgater Offline
#75 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,449
frankj1 wrote:
Delta googled something that said Brockton had the most GOP voters, a stat I vehemently questioned

But with or without GOP voters, it is a good candidate to be walled in.


Is it possible to vehemently question?

frankj1 Offline
#76 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 16,144
tailgater wrote:
Is it possible to vehemently question?


I considered editing, but decided it would probably impress 98.2% of those that admire me.
RMAN4443 Offline
#77 Posted:
Joined: 09-29-2016
Posts: 894
I'm glad I got out before they started talking about building a wall

O give me land, lots of land, and the starry skies above
Don't fence me in
Let me ride through the wide open country that I love
Don't fence me in

SteveS Offline
#78 Posted:
Joined: 01-13-2002
Posts: 8,340
Used to be, Brockton was probably the biggest shoe making city in the US ... at one point, nearly 100 different mfgrs of shoes were there ... the last of them vanished about 10 years ago ... dunno how this relates to the number of GOP voters, but it's the first thing I think of when Brockton is mentioned ...
RMAN4443 Offline
#79 Posted:
Joined: 09-29-2016
Posts: 894
SteveS wrote:
Used to be, Brockton was probably the biggest shoe making city in the US ... at one point, nearly 100 different mfgrs of shoes were there ... the last of them vanished about 10 years ago ... dunno how this relates to the number of GOP voters, but it's the first thing I think of when Brockton is mentioned ...



Brockton was referred to as "SHOETOWN" at one point in time..........my first job as a machinist, in the late 70's, was at Brockton Cutting Die, a company that manufactured and resharpened the cutting tools used to form shoe soles and cut out all the different parts used to make a complete shoe. fog
tailgater Offline
#80 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,449
frankj1 wrote:
I considered editing, but decided it would probably impress 98.2% of those that admire me.


So I should be 49.1% impressed?

tailgater Offline
#81 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,449
Shoetown is appropriate.
They've got nothing but a bunch of loafers there now.

frankj1 Offline
#82 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 16,144
tailgater wrote:
So I should be 49.1% impressed?


dunno. I'm good wif words, not so good wif numbahs, remember?
RMAN4443 Offline
#83 Posted:
Joined: 09-29-2016
Posts: 894
tailgater wrote:
Shoetown is appropriate.
They've got nothing but a bunch of loafers there now.



Good point...... Applause
DrafterX Offline
#84 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 75,596
You never learned gazintas..?? Huh
frankj1 Offline
#85 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 16,144
DrafterX wrote:
You never learned gazintas..?? Huh

all I know about dem is what Jethro Bodine learned me
DrafterX Offline
#86 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 75,596
He was pretty good at them... Mellow
RMAN4443 Offline
#87 Posted:
Joined: 09-29-2016
Posts: 894
DrafterX wrote:
He was pretty good at them... Mellow


yeah, but he had a hard time with the eagles, so he decided to become a double naught spy
frankj1 Offline
#88 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 16,144
drives my wife crazy when I'm sitting with the lap top and laughing...
Mr. Jones Offline
#89 Posted:
Joined: 06-12-2005
Posts: 8,480
Frank,

I was up in Cape Cod in the very late 90's
Around Dennisport, West Harwich , etc....
And saw
THE N.R.B.Q. BAND ( NEW RYTHM and BLUES QUARTET) A FREAKIN GREAT PERFOMANCE
, SAT AT A FRONT LOUNGE TABLE AND WAS 8 feet away.,,,
Plus they cranked the sound back which was nice....at a defunct motor lodge
Restaurant that kinda turned into a dumpy bar...
Almost had a Howard Johnson's feel to it....
It was
Next to a $9.99 TOURIST TRAP LOBSTER HOUSE ...
You know THE rejected 3/4 lb lobsters with on Big claw and a tiny crayfish claw on the other side....
tonygraz Offline
#90 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 8,450
That's what happens when lobsters play a lot of tennis.
delta1 Offline
#91 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 10,422
...so google let me down again? Any idea how difficult and time consuming it is to come up with witty remarks to help illuminate a point, especially when one is IQ challenged... and Snopes has been taken off the board...

How about Sharon, which is described as a wealthy enclave in Brockton...are the residents there mostly GOP, and have they built fortifications to keep the Masses out? Doesn't MA have gated communities where the wealthy live, separate from regular folk, like those that exist here in CA and in Mexico?
RMAN4443 Offline
#92 Posted:
Joined: 09-29-2016
Posts: 894
tonygraz wrote:
That's what happens when lobsters play a lot of tennis.

Or a lobster that abuses himself too much Not talking
DrafterX Offline
#93 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 75,596
Lobsters have junk..?? Huh
RMAN4443 Offline
#94 Posted:
Joined: 09-29-2016
Posts: 894
delta1 wrote:
...so google let me down again? Any idea how difficult and time consuming it is to come up with witty remarks to help illuminate a point, especially when one is IQ challenged... and Snopes has been taken off the board...

How about Sharon, which is described as a wealthy enclave in Brockton...are the residents there mostly GOP, and have they built fortifications to keep the Masses out? Doesn't MA have gated communities where the wealthy live, separate from regular folk, like those that exist here in CA and in Mexico?

Sharon is actually a town unto itself, and not a part of Brockton....... CNN Money has listed Sharon Mass. as one of the best places to live in Mass.
Sharon is, or was when I lived in Mass., a fairly wealthy town. I don't know about the GOP status, and I don't remember any gated communities........if I remember correctly it was a fairly rural area with many nature trails and wooded areas
RMAN4443 Offline
#95 Posted:
Joined: 09-29-2016
Posts: 894
DrafterX wrote:
Lobsters have junk..?? Huh

That's what I heard Confused
DrafterX Offline
#96 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 75,596
I think we should paint puppy-dogs on our side... Mellow
RMAN4443 Offline
#97 Posted:
Joined: 09-29-2016
Posts: 894
DrafterX wrote:
I think we should paint puppy-dogs on our side... Mellow

Do tattoos on your chest count? Then count me in.......already have mine
tailgater Offline
#98 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,449
tonygraz wrote:
That's what happens when lobsters play a lot of tennis.


Bob Kraft told me that one.
tailgater Offline
#99 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,449
delta1 wrote:
...so google let me down again? Any idea how difficult and time consuming it is to come up with witty remarks to help illuminate a point, especially when one is IQ challenged... and Snopes has been taken off the board...

How about Sharon, which is described as a wealthy enclave in Brockton...are the residents there mostly GOP, and have they built fortifications to keep the Masses out? Doesn't MA have gated communities where the wealthy live, separate from regular folk, like those that exist here in CA and in Mexico?


I used to love driving to Sharon, just so I could pass that sign: Entering Sharon.


Of course, it limits my exploration here on Cape Cod.
I don't dare drive to Dennis.


RMAN4443 Offline
#100 Posted:
Joined: 09-29-2016
Posts: 894
tailgater wrote:
I used to love driving to Sharon, just so I could pass that sign: Entering Sharon.


Of course, it limits my exploration here on Cape Cod.
I don't dare drive to Dennis.



If I remember correctly, don't you have to "Enter Dennis" on the way to Province town?.............not that there's anything wrong with that Whistle
Users browsing this topic
Guest (3)
4 Pages<1234>