America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 5 weeks ago by delta1. 73 replies replies.
2 Pages12>
O'Reilly More Powerful Than Ailes and Cosby?
delta1 Offline
#1 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 10,253
Bill O'Reilly, Fox News' champion of family values, has been accused of sexual harassment by at least 5 women co-workers at Fox News. Fox has paid $13 million to settle those claims. At least 30 companies have pulled their sponsorships of his show. He has managed to survive, and apparently maintains support from his viewers, whereas other rich and powerful men in similar circumstances were toppled and scorned.

O'Reilly's former boss, Roger Ailes was forced to resign. Bill Cosby is being sued, his "perp walks" always shown on TV, and is no longer able to get work. Clinton was impeached.

Will O'Reilly survive or ultimately be disgraced?
Abrignac Offline
#2 Posted:
Joined: 02-24-2012
Posts: 12,860
delta1 wrote:
Bill O'Reilly, Fox News' champion of family values, has been accused of sexual harassment by at least 5 women co-workers at Fox News. Fox has paid $13 million to settle those claims. At least 30 companies have pulled their sponsorships of his show. He has managed to survive, and apparently maintains support from his viewers, whereas other rich and powerful men in similar circumstances were toppled and scorned.

O'Reilly's former boss, Roger Ailes was forced to resign. Bill Cosby is being sued, his "perp walks" always shown on TV, and is no longer able to get work. Clinton was impeached.

Will O'Reilly survive or ultimately be disgraced?


Don't know. But, I'll reserve comment when there is actual evidence which points one way or another. Don't really care for him so I could care less if he sinks or swims.
ZRX1200 Offline
#3 Posted:
Joined: 07-08-2007
Posts: 45,507
^ this.

Look who's leading the witch hunt, same group went after Glenn Beck advertisers before.

But hey worst thing to do is hear the other side of the story.
tonygraz Offline
#4 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 8,413
O'Reilly should go - he can always write a book called "Killing O'Reilly" and tell a bunch of lies in it.
frankj1 Offline
#5 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 15,742
hasn't this been going on for years?
frombeyondthegrave Offline
#6 Posted:
Joined: 04-01-2017
Posts: 42
Abrignac wrote:
Don't know. But, I'll reserve comment when there is actual evidence which points one way or another. Don't really care for him so I could care less if he sinks or swims.


+1
delta1 Offline
#7 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 10,253
Thirteen million is a lot of "no evidence".
ZRX1200 Offline
#8 Posted:
Joined: 07-08-2007
Posts: 45,507
Who asks for settlementz?

Insurance companies.


Don't be a fuggin idiot like trolly.
frankj1 Offline
#9 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 15,742
I miss the days when one could hear the refrain 'where there's smoke there's fire" here over and over and over...
ZRX1200 Offline
#10 Posted:
Joined: 07-08-2007
Posts: 45,507
Except if you listen to people that know him there's no mass exodus. And I know who's leading this charge.

When the world's against your back, a friend supports you unless they have good reason not to. And FYI I can't stand Bill......Kennedy school of politics.
frankj1 Offline
#11 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 15,742
ZRX1200 wrote:
Except if you listen to people that know him there's no mass exodus. And I know who's leading this charge.

When the world's against your back, a friend supports you unless they have good reason not to. And FYI I can't stand Bill......Kennedy school of politics.

fact is, i have nearly zero knowledge on this matter, but it does seem like I've heard these things for several years about him. And it's not like there hasn't been an accepting culture for this at his place of work.

I'm not a smoke/fire believer, btw, but it sure was popular here when the smoke was blue, not red.
delta1 Offline
#12 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 10,253
ZRX1200 wrote:
Who asks for settlementz?

Insurance companies.


Don't be a fuggin idiot like trolly.


You're better than that, zrx...insurance companies do pay "go away" settlements, usually for pennies on the dollar of nuisance litigation costs...$13 million is excessive, and seems more like "hush money."
Abrignac Offline
#13 Posted:
Joined: 02-24-2012
Posts: 12,860
delta1 wrote:
You're better than that, zrx...insurance companies do pay "go away" settlements, usually for pennies on the dollar of nuisance litigation costs...$13 million is excessive, and seems more like "hush money."



And as a former LEO you like I know many accusations turn out to baseless. He may not have done anything he's accused of. He could have bought the negatives taken when he was screwing a goat.

Make no mistake, I'm in no way defending him. I really don't care for him. But, innocent until proven guilty.
delta1 Offline
#14 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 10,253
If so, then Clinton is innocent and all the snickering about his being a sexual assaulter is right wing fantasy...
Abrignac Offline
#15 Posted:
Joined: 02-24-2012
Posts: 12,860
delta1 wrote:
If so, then Clinton is innocent and all the snickering about his being a sexual assaulter is right wing fantasy...


I have no problem with this. But, it I guess it would be a power rush to talk to world leaders with an intern between your legs bobbing for bananas.
frankj1 Offline
#16 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 15,742
Abrignac wrote:
I have no problem with this. But, it I guess it would be a power rush to talk to world leaders with an intern between your legs bobbing for bananas.

I'm all in
DrafterX Offline
#17 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 74,811
TW was an intern once... Mellow
frankj1 Offline
#18 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 15,742
I'm out
tonygraz Offline
#19 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 8,413
Even O'Reilly kids don't want to live with him.
DrafterX Offline
#20 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 74,811
Chelsea obviously stuck around for the money.. Mellow
dstieger Offline
#21 Posted:
Joined: 06-22-2007
Posts: 7,017
delta1 wrote:
O'Reilly More Powerful Than Ailes and Cosby?



I know nothing of the allegations against O'Reilly, but it is sexual harassment that he's accused of, as you say, then I don't get the Cosby comparison. Sexual harassment is a serious offense....possibly even criminal in certain cases....

Cosby raping women that he drugged for that express purpose isn't even in the same universe as any sexual harassment that I've heard of
frankj1 Offline
#22 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 15,742
dstieger wrote:
I know nothing of the allegations against O'Reilly, but it is sexual harassment that he's accused of, as you say, then I don't get the Cosby comparison. Sexual harassment is a serious offense....possibly even criminal in certain cases....

Cosby raping women that he drugged for that express purpose isn't even in the same universe as any sexual harassment that I've heard of

former NFL star Sharper did the Cosby thing
delta1 Offline
#23 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 10,253
dstieger wrote:
I know nothing of the allegations against O'Reilly, but it is sexual harassment that he's accused of, as you say, then I don't get the Cosby comparison. Sexual harassment is a serious offense....possibly even criminal in certain cases....

Cosby raping women that he drugged for that express purpose isn't even in the same universe as any sexual harassment that I've heard of


You're absolutely right...Cosby's crimes are much more serious and reprehensible, and he deserves to be punished severely. O'Reilly's alleged misconduct pales in comparison. Thanks for setting me straight.
tailgater Offline
#24 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,306
Frank wants to be an intern?
tailgater Offline
#25 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,306
Am I reading backlash when some people want to simply hear all the facts before passing judgement?

And their reasoning is, well, Clinton?

smh
and the very same people probably wonder how we could elect Trump.

victor809 Offline
#26 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,067
To be honest tail... 98.2% of the posters on this forum spent the past 8 years believing any random rumor about Obama or Clinton without waiting for even 1 fact... let along "all the facts "...

To have any.of these people suggest they now want to be sure of something before jumping to conclusions is laughable and pointing it out with derision is perfectly acceptable.
frankj1 Offline
#27 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 15,742
tailgater wrote:
Frank wants to be an intern?

changed my mind 41 minutes later
tonygraz Offline
#28 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 8,413
Tail probably still thinks Aron Hernandez was innocent.
DrafterX Offline
#29 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 74,811
What was laughable was the way Obama and Clinton followers were taught to ignore facts... Mellow
delta1 Offline
#30 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 10,253
It looks like some people here lack the ability and/or willingness to see the hypocrisy and irony here...a vocal and "holier than thou" influential opinion shaper makes a living derisively criticizing public figures like Clinton and other politicians (mostly left leaning) for sexual misbehavior along with his opinions about America's declining values about sex in general is hoisted by his own petard...

...again...remember his 2004 settlement with a previous accuser who he counter-sued until she produced tapes of his unwanted sexually explicit lewd phone calls?
tailgater Offline
#31 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,306
victor809 wrote:
To be honest tail... 98.2% of the posters on this forum spent the past 8 years believing any random rumor about Obama or Clinton without waiting for even 1 fact... let along "all the facts "...

To have any.of these people suggest they now want to be sure of something before jumping to conclusions is laughable and pointing it out with derision is perfectly acceptable.


I'm a right wing nut and I didn't hate on Obama in 8 years the way you liberals are mewling over Trump.
Not even close.

But this is about Bill O'Reilly.
A celebrity is accused of sexual misconduct. Let the jokes begin. Fine.
But when an honest discussion is requested we get the foxnews haterz saying we don't need any proof. Hell, the scoff at the very notion.



tailgater Offline
#32 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,306
tonygraz wrote:
Tail probably still thinks Aron Hernandez was innocent.


Is.
Is innocent.

Because of course he WAS innocent. At some time in his life.

Don't worry.
You're grasp of the English language is not nearly as bad as your grasp on anything political.

So you've got that going for ya.

tailgater Offline
#33 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,306
delta1 wrote:
It looks like some people here lack the ability and/or willingness to see the hypocrisy and irony here...a vocal and "holier than thou" influential opinion shaper makes a living derisively criticizing public figures like Clinton and other politicians (mostly left leaning) for sexual misbehavior along with his opinions about America's declining values about sex in general is hoisted by his own petard...

...again...remember his 2004 settlement with a previous accuser who he counter-sued until she produced tapes of his unwanted sexually explicit lewd phone calls?


You're brushing with very broad strokes.
Be more specific.

We all know Clinton is a proven liar and a sexual predator. that's not opinion. So it makes the numerous accusations against him very very very likely.

Bill O'Reilly is just ugly enough to believe that he would need a Cosby-esque solution to whet his willy, let alone wield his power position to grab some Trump-Cat.
But we have no real proof and because he's a very rich and powerful and polarizing azzwipe it's very very very easy to imagine false accusations.

I'm surprised this isn't more obvious.

And for the record, I think Bill is probably guilty. Just an opinion.

tonygraz Offline
#34 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 8,413
A 15 million dollar payout for silence says a lot - and it may not be over yet. Fox is paying because they are legally responsible and these payoffs have set them up for more claims. In that only 15% of sexual harassment claims are won in court, it would appear that the claims are most likely true.
burnem2 Offline
#35 Posted:
Joined: 12-23-2009
Posts: 434
tonygraz wrote:
A 15 million dollar payout for silence says a lot - and it may not be over yet. Fox is paying because they are legally responsible and these payoffs have set them up for more claims. In that only 15% of sexual harassment claims are won in court, it would appear that the claims are most likely true.


Nice logic trail, however, it doesn't prove $hit. Guess that only matters if you're stuck on requiring proof as I seem to be.
tailgater Offline
#36 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,306
tailgater wrote:
Is.
Is innocent.

Because of course he WAS innocent. At some time in his life.

Don't worry.
You're grasp of the English language is not nearly as bad as your grasp on anything political.

So you've got that going for ya.




Why do I always make a grammar mistake when making fun of someone's grammar?

Karma.

tailgater Offline
#37 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,306
tonygraz wrote:
A 15 million dollar payout for silence says a lot - and it may not be over yet. Fox is paying because they are legally responsible and these payoffs have set them up for more claims. In that only 15% of sexual harassment claims are won in court, it would appear that the claims are most likely true.


Actually, this makes zero sense.

You're saying that there is a $15MM payout despite an 85% chance of winning in court?

And you also claim that the newer claims prove it's true? Which would completely ignore the high payout previously mentioned.

Bravo. You just proved that 1 + C = Blue.

tonygraz Offline
#38 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 8,413
You need to put your logic in a sealed box.
tailgater Offline
#39 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,306
Al Gore's lock box?

delta1 Offline
#40 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 10,253
O'Reilly announced he was going on vacation...even after his ratings showed a slight uptick after the sex harassment allegations were announced (wonder if his audience are the same people who ridiculed Hillary for standing with Bill)...Fox was losing tons of advertiser dollars on his show as more than 80 companies pulled their ads...

unplanned vacations amid scandals are a bad omen...
delta1 Offline
#41 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 10,253
Apologies...turns out O'Reilly's vacation was planned in October...papa Murdoch wants him back, but Jr Murdoch doesn't...if he does come back, maybe his new "war" will be "war against women"...
tonygraz Offline
#42 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 8,413
His ex-wife would say that was nothing new.
tailgater Offline
#43 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,306
delta1 wrote:
Apologies...turns out O'Reilly's vacation was planned in October...papa Murdoch wants him back, but Jr Murdoch doesn't...if he does come back, maybe his new "war" will be "war against women"...


You are WAY too invested in the comings and goings of Bill O'Reilly.

Mancrush? Or just a hobby?

delta1 Offline
#44 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 10,253
Neither... I was turned off by his manner and style as he was crusading for American values, holding himself as a paragon of American greatness...making up fictitious acts of heroism...the holier than thou arrogance as he was selling his books...declaring all kinds of war on secular America...

and I was surprised (not too) when those on the right didn't give a flip about the latest in a string of sexual misconduct allegations, except to utter "innocent until proven", but would've had a feeding frenzy had Clinton (substitute any high profile liberal for O'Reilly) been accused...

pointing out hypocrisy is hard work, but someone has to do it...

Personally, I think O'Reillly will survive... Limbaugh did after his drug scandal...we all can find forgiveness if someone talks the way we like...
ZRX1200 Offline
#45 Posted:
Joined: 07-08-2007
Posts: 45,507
So did he settle on a rape charge?

I miss that?
tailgater Offline
#46 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,306
delta1 wrote:
Neither... I was turned off by his manner and style as he was crusading for American values, holding himself as a paragon of American greatness...making up fictitious acts of heroism...the holier than thou arrogance as he was selling his books...declaring all kinds of war on secular America...

and I was surprised (not too) when those on the right didn't give a flip about the latest in a string of sexual misconduct allegations, except to utter "innocent until proven", but would've had a feeding frenzy had Clinton (substitute any high profile liberal for O'Reilly) been accused...

pointing out hypocrisy is hard work, but someone has to do it...

Personally, I think O'Reillly will survive... Limbaugh did after his drug scandal...we all can find forgiveness if someone talks the way we like...


I don't care for Limbaugh.
But "drug scandal"? LOL
When a liberal gets addicted it's a disease. When a right wing nutter gets addicted it's a scandal.

And you offer this gem in a post where you proselytize about hypocrisy, no less.

And yes. I had to look up the spelling of proselytize.






tonygraz Offline
#47 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 8,413
We assume that every time you use a "big" word.
tailgater Offline
#48 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,306
tonygraz wrote:
We assume that every time you use a "big" word.


You mean yuge?

delta1 Offline
#49 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 10,253
The actual gem is that before Limbaugh's conviction, he ranted and railed against the drug culture and claimed drug users needed to be prosecuted and locked up. No empathy for, or acceptance of, addiction as a treatable disease. After his conviction, the right shifted to an acceptance of addiction as a disease...when he was caught at an airport a few months later with illegal prescription drugs...he laughed and dismissed it...no biggie...Limbaugh got a pass...

It's the hypocrisy...do as I say, not as I do...then culture shifts to accommodate icons

I don't think people should be locked up for drug addiction...but Rush and his followers did, until...did some on the right become more empathetic too, because of Limbaugh?

The other point is that the wealthy can survive these encounters with law enforcement and the criminal justice systems...the average man in Limbaugh's circumstances then would've been thrown in jail and Limbaugh would've applauded.
MACS Offline
#50 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 59,911
frankj1 wrote:
fact is, i have nearly zero knowledge on this matter, but it does seem like I've heard these things for several years about him. And it's not like there hasn't been an accepting culture for this at his place of work.

I'm not a smoke/fire believer, btw, but it sure was popular here when the smoke was blue, not red.


Like feathers in the wind, brother... once words of gossip are released, no matter how true or untrue they are, cannot be collected back.

The ones who spread the lies can apologize and retract, but they can't undo the damage.

Al - I still think addiction is not a 'disease', but a series of bad decisions that lead to mental instability. Most (not all) people who are drug or alcohol addicts have an underlying MH issue that they are self medicating with drugs/alcohol.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>