America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 5 months ago by jespear. 22 replies replies.
JAVA / TABAK / NUB CAFE-Lookin' for coffee infused
tschmitt Offline
#1 Posted:
Joined: 11-10-2013
Posts: 7
Hey everyone. I'm looking to buy/trade for coffee infused cigars. I'm a hardcore NOOB so I'm willing to pay/ship first. Lets make this happen.
elRopo Offline
#2 Posted:
Joined: 02-17-2014
Posts: 904
Just throw a handful of coffee beans in your humidor, turn those Dark Sharks into D.E. Java! Anxious
tschmitt Offline
#3 Posted:
Joined: 11-10-2013
Posts: 7
I don't know about that. I haven't heard good results.
Golden Offline
#4 Posted:
Joined: 03-21-2016
Posts: 78
I got a few Cuban Fosters and some Cuban Dunkin Donuts...
jespear Offline
#5 Posted:
Joined: 03-19-2004
Posts: 7,043
IMHO . . . JAVAs are the cream of the crop when it comes to 'coffee infused", but the "Isla del Sol" is almost as good, and can be had for half the price of the JAVAs.

Good luck, and welcome to the neighborhood, noob.

jes
tschmitt Offline
#6 Posted:
Joined: 11-10-2013
Posts: 7
Thanks for the tip!
RMAN4443 Offline
#7 Posted:
Joined: 09-29-2016
Posts: 1,616
jespear wrote:
IMHO . . . JAVAs are the cream of the crop when it comes to 'coffee infused", but the "Isla del Sol" is almost as good, and can be had for half the price of the JAVAs.

Good luck, and welcome to the neighborhood, noob.

jes


I'm not really into the infused cigars, but have burned through a 5er of the Isla del Sol, and I'd do it again....mild coffee flavor.......not overpowering.........tasty smoke
KingoftheCove Offline
#8 Posted:
Joined: 10-08-2011
Posts: 3,987
Infused cigars?
I just don't like em.
I've tried several, and the coffee ones are the only ones I could even attempt to smoke.
Still, it always ends up like this:

For about 1 or 2 seconds on exhale, or retrohale, I somewhat like the coffee "flavor".
But then the invariably nasty finish and chemical aftertaste dominates the "experience".

Meh...

tschmitt Offline
#9 Posted:
Joined: 11-10-2013
Posts: 7
Yea people I've them or hate them. I want to try some but haven't seen any good singles/5ers deals at auction
tschmitt Offline
#10 Posted:
Joined: 11-10-2013
Posts: 7
So....went to a BM and paid out the ass for the nub cafe and was very disappointed. Maybe they're not for me.
jespear Offline
#11 Posted:
Joined: 03-19-2004
Posts: 7,043
tschmitt wrote:
So....went to a BM and paid out the ass for the nub cafe and was very disappointed. Maybe they're not for me.


I'm tellin' ya, Schmitty . . . Try the Isla del Sol.
patrickh44231 Offline
#12 Posted:
Joined: 09-24-2009
Posts: 1,510
Every once in a while I like the coffee infused. Only the small quick ones though. Javas are good but way over priced. Nub espresso are pretty good but they're all really sweet at first till you chew through the sweetness they they get pretty earthy and good. Non coffee I like the makers mark cigarellos and my fiance likes the cap cherry bombs.
jespear Offline
#13 Posted:
Joined: 03-19-2004
Posts: 7,043
jespear wrote:
I'm tellin' ya, Schmitty . . . Try the Isla del Sol.


http://www.cigarbid.com/...-drew-estate-box-of-20/
A $59 bid will factor out to a little over $3.50 a stick.
Not a bad price . . . Not great, but not bad. (The bid looks like it will probably go higher, though.)


jes
RIGGERBILL Offline
#14 Posted:
Joined: 03-18-2017
Posts: 1
Anyone wanting to trade??? I bought quite a few of the Nub Espresso and they are too sweet for my tastes. I put in a bunch of bids....and guess who won them!?! Ha. Let me know what you got!

Thanks!
Abrignac Offline
#15 Posted:
Joined: 02-24-2012
Posts: 13,383
I smoked a great coffee infused cigar today. It was a Vegas Robaina Famosos that I smoked while I drinking a few cups of black Community Coffee Dark Roast. Absolutely no burnt sugar cube or chemical taste. IMHO, smoking an infused cigar is about the same as eating a well done choice steak covered with steak sauce.
jespear Offline
#16 Posted:
Joined: 03-19-2004
Posts: 7,043
Abrignac wrote:
I smoked a great coffee infused cigar today. It was a Vegas Robaina Famosos that I smoked while I drinking a few cups of black Community Coffee Dark Roast. Absolutely no burnt sugar cube or chemical taste. IMHO, smoking an infused cigar is about the same as eating a well done choice steak covered with steak sauce.


Well, ya have to do SOMETHING to make a "well done" steak taste good. d'oh!
I want MY steak to MOO when I stick a fork in it.
If it ain't blood red rare, I won't enjoy it.
To each his own, I guess.
Abrignac Offline
#17 Posted:
Joined: 02-24-2012
Posts: 13,383
jespear wrote:
Well, ya have to do SOMETHING to make a "well done" steak taste good. d'oh!
I want MY steak to MOO when I stick a fork in it.
If it ain't blood red rare, I won't enjoy it.
To each his own, I guess.


Funny you mention that. Many, many years who I was a Sous Chef in a restaurant owned by a fairly well know Cajun chef. One night his idiot brother came in and ordered a ribeye well done. So I cooked him a well done ribeye. He sent it back wanting some sauce for his "dry azz" hunk of meat.

I'm like you, I like a nice char on the outside and cold & red on the inside.
jespear Offline
#18 Posted:
Joined: 03-19-2004
Posts: 7,043
Abrignac wrote:
Funny you mention that. Many, many years who I was a Sous Chef in a restaurant owned by a fairly well know Cajun chef. One night his idiot brother came in and ordered a ribeye well done. So I cooked him a well done ribeye. He sent it back wanting some sauce for his "dry azz" hunk of meat.

I'm like you, I like a nice char on the outside and cold & red on the inside.


It got to the point where I would not order steak because I could NOT get the waitress to understand just how rare I wanted it. My usual shpeel went something like this . . .

"And how would you like that cooked, sir ?"

"I want it RARE, with a capital R. I want to see blood on my plate when I cut it. I mean, I want it to moo when I stick a fork in it. I want it charred on the outside and red, NOT PINK, on the inside. Tell the chef that if he can't cook it this way, then don't bother putting it on the grill, because I'm only gonna send it back. Okay ?"

( This is where my wife would usually say . . ."Tell the chef to just hold it over a Bic lighter for 30 seconds per side." )

More times than not, I would have to send it back.

Side note . . .
My best friend invited my wife and I to a BBQ at his house a few years ago. He told me that he bought some Porterhouses from Omaha Steaks. He even mentioned that he paid $25 per steak. I have had OS steaks in the past and they are REALLY top notch, so naturally , I accepted his invitation.
After about 30 minutes of chit chat, he fires up the grill and goes inside to get the steaks.
When he comes out, he has 4 beautiful Porterhouses, about 10 - 12 inches in diameter.
THEY WERE **** FROZEN ! d'oh!
We had a rather heated discussion about this, and I told him not to bother putting my or Sally's steak on the grill because we would not eat them as they would only be ruined, and I would hate to see such a beautiful piece of meat wasted.
We wound up going home, (at HIS request), and cooking our own meal.





Mr.magoo2 Offline
#19 Posted:
Joined: 06-27-2016
Posts: 131
FROZEN! Ay Dios Mios

If you ever travel to Enid, OK (Highly Unlikely) but the have the best steak house I've ever been to, its an open air bar called Chcaros very local spot. They only serve two things prime rib and Ribeyes and Ive seen people who were asked to leave if they ordered it anything over medium. Owner is an a** and if you piss him off he will ban you and its cash only but you can smoke a cigar and drink while you wait. I'm getting misty eyed just thinking about that place
frankj1 Offline
#20 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 17,920
steak nazi!
Speyside Offline
#21 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 4,520
I like a medium rare ribeye, but I always order a rare ribeye and tell them I mean rare. Often it comes out medium and goes right back. It never comes out rare.
jespear Offline
#22 Posted:
Joined: 03-19-2004
Posts: 7,043
Speyside wrote:
I like a medium rare ribeye, but I always order a rare ribeye and tell them I mean rare. Often it comes out medium and goes right back. It never comes out rare.


They just don't get it ! ram27bat
Users browsing this topic
Guest