America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 4 months ago by frankj1. 92 replies replies.
2 Pages12>
Ex-Trump Lawyer Michael Cohen Testifies...
rfenst Offline
#1 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 29,602
Anyone else going to watch it?
DrafterX Offline
#2 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 89,222
I'll wait until people summarize it here before I comment... Mellow
ZRX1200 Offline
#3 Posted:
Joined: 07-08-2007
Posts: 49,555
💩 show
bs_kwaj Offline
#4 Posted:
Joined: 02-13-2006
Posts: 5,151

So, convicted liar, who I assume is disbarred, comes out and hits all the talking points the extreme left wants to hear, eh?

Wonder who is paying his expenses now....

Beer
rfenst Offline
#5 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 29,602
Certainly NOT Trump!
Gene363 Offline
#6 Posted:
Joined: 01-24-2003
Posts: 24,109
bs_kwaj wrote:
So, convicted liar, who I assume is disbarred, comes out and hits all the talking points the extreme left wants to hear, eh?

Wonder who is paying his expenses now....

Beer


Yes, and "adjusting" his punishment, depending on his "honesty".
frankj1 Offline
#7 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 28,457
liar
conman
opportunist

OK I get it.

But what were the negative qualities that Trump overlooked when he picked this guy to be his attorney?

HA?
dstieger Offline
#8 Posted:
Joined: 06-22-2007
Posts: 10,336
The ethical attorney in NY was prolly busy.



Sorry, Robert and co.
DrafterX Offline
#9 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 89,222
I don't think he a full-time attorney on a retainer and stuff like we're being led to believe... He was just hired to handle a couple things... Mellow
rfenst Offline
#10 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 29,602
DrafterX wrote:
I don't think he a full-time attorney on a retainer and stuff like we're being led to believe... He was just hired to handle a couple things... Mellow

Why does that even matter?
frankj1 Offline
#11 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 28,457
someone else handled parking tickets
DrafterX Offline
#12 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 89,222
Prolly...

I guess it matters because it's being talked about like he was Trump's right hand man and best friend for life... I don't think that's the case.. All the 'How could Trump not have known' stuff is being played to raise suspicion... Mellow
rfenst Offline
#13 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 29,602
This hearing was the equivalent of monkeys throwing **** at each other.
ZRX1200 Offline
#14 Posted:
Joined: 07-08-2007
Posts: 49,555
Once I saw the “honorable” chair Elijah Cummings ignore the rule breaking I turned the channel.
Gene363 Offline
#15 Posted:
Joined: 01-24-2003
Posts: 24,109
rfenst wrote:
This hearing was the equivalent of monkeys throwing **** at each other.


Exactly, but not atypical for the parliament of whores.
Speyside Offline
#16 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 8,361
I don't know what Cohen can add other than slime. This is just another dog and pony show. Oh, my bad, an elephant and donkey show.
deadeyedick Offline
#17 Posted:
Joined: 03-13-2003
Posts: 10,266
Did not see it. Did he say anything other than Trumps an Ahole and please reduce my sentence?
dstieger Offline
#18 Posted:
Joined: 06-22-2007
Posts: 10,336
Just heard some snippets...but one that hasn't been in news coverage this evening I found pretty entertaining: When Meadows tagged Cummings to back him up in counterpunching Tlaib. Cummings didn't shy from the opportunity, but did end up pulling the knock out punch.
ckr11563 Offline
#19 Posted:
Joined: 01-17-2015
Posts: 3
Theater of the Absurd.

frankj1 Offline
#20 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 28,457
deadeyedick wrote:
Did not see it. Did he say anything other than Trumps an Ahole and please reduce my sentence?

could be wrong, but I don't believe anything said or done here could reduce or add to the time he will be serving.
also, this was about government oversight, not election rigging
rfenst Offline
#21 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 29,602
I think the most important thing is the Stormy Daniels-related check written after Trump took office.
Speyside Offline
#22 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 8,361
I just caught pieces, but didn't he say there are additional checks after Trump took office?
rfenst Offline
#23 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 29,602
Antone else catch the analogy between Donnie, Jr. and Fredo from the Godfather movies? LOL!
rfenst Offline
#24 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 29,602
Speyside wrote:
I just caught pieces, but didn't he say there are additional checks after Trump took office?

Yes, 10 or 11 more.
Abrignac Offline
#25 Posted:
Joined: 02-24-2012
Posts: 14,381
Is this the same Michael Cohen about to do Fed time for lying to Congress?
DrafterX Offline
#26 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 89,222
House Oversight Committee Republicans on Thursday referred ex-Trump attorney Michael Cohen to the Justice Department for alleged perjury, claiming he lied during sworn testimony before the panel a day earlier about a number of issues including his ambitions to work in the Trump administration and contracts with foreign entities.


Committee Ranking Member Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, and Rep. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., penned a letter Thursday to newly sworn-in Attorney General William Barr, citing evidence that Cohen “committed perjury” during his hearing before the committee on Wednesday.


“We write to refer significant evidence that Michael D. Cohen committed perjury and knowingly made false statements during his testimony before an Oversight and Reform Committee hearing,” they wrote. “While testifying under oath, Mr. Cohen made what appear to be numerous willfully and intentionally false statements of material fact contradicted by the record established by the Justice Department in United States v. Cohen.”

They added: “Mr. Cohen’s testimony before the Committee at times was in direct contradiction to assertions contained in pleadings authored by the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York (SDNY.) There are other instances in which Mr. Cohen’s statements to the Committee were immediately contradicted by witnesses with firsthand knowledge of the subject matter.”

Film at 11.... Mellow
rfenst Offline
#27 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 29,602
I don't think this will go anywhere. Perjury is lying about a "material fact"...
DrafterX Offline
#28 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 89,222
Prolly not... Thought it was funny tho... Kinda, you'd think they'd have better things to do... Mellow
frankj1 Offline
#29 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 28,457
I thought Jordan was moronic.
ZRX1200 Offline
#30 Posted:
Joined: 07-08-2007
Posts: 49,555
I thought he was making a show of himself
rfenst Offline
#31 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 29,602
frankj1 wrote:
I thought Jordan was moronic.

Why are you so polite?
frankj1 Offline
#32 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 28,457
it was kinda funny that he had missed the "joke" and started to dive in seriously, as though it was yuuuge issue.
frankj1 Offline
#33 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 28,457
the name to watch going forward...Weissselberg
DrafterX Offline
#34 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 89,222
That's a silly name.. Mellow
Speyside Offline
#35 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 8,361
IF what Cohen alleged is verifiable then there might be RICO charges among other charges from the southern district. The CFO wiill be able to verify or put to rest many questions.
dstieger Offline
#36 Posted:
Joined: 06-22-2007
Posts: 10,336
ZRX1200 wrote:
I thought he was making a show of himself

I only caught parts on cspan radio. Which committee member wasn't?
tailgater Offline
#37 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 23,455
Funny how everyone was hanging on his every word, when he's not just a liar but a man convicted BECAUSE of his lying.


What could he POSSIBLY say that would be believed?

Oh yeah.
the answer is "Anything that is in sync with my beliefs or supports my like/dislike of Trump"


F*ck all of them form both sides.

and F*ck DiNero.


rfenst Offline
#38 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 29,602
tailgater wrote:
Funny how everyone was hanging on his every word, when he's not just a liar but a man convicted BECAUSE of his lying.


What could he POSSIBLY say that would be believed?

Oh yeah.
the answer is "Anything that is in sync with my beliefs or supports my like/dislike of Trump"


F*ck all of them form both sides.

and F*ck DiNero.



Do you believe the copy of the check was real?
frankj1 Offline
#39 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 28,457
convicted liar or not, betcha some stuff from his 10 years as an extremely high ranking trusted insider with Trump before he suddenly became a "bad attorney" will be true.

I've lied in my life. Doesn't mean nothing I say is believable.

You oversimplify by insisting it's only about Hate Trump. I don't hate him, but I don't believe him either. There is such a long and documented history you'd have to be in total denial to think nothing has happened and it's all TDS or whatever dismissive term has been latched onto by deniers.

I did not vote for Trump. He is my President. The bad that could very well happen is scary to me for the sake of the USA. But it's crazy to pretend there's absolute zero when so many have already been found guilty in addition to Cohen. And so many had connections to foreign governments and so much financial debt is owed to those people...

hopefully not impeachable stuff, perhaps if we are lucky Trump totally shielded himself from any direct lines of knowledge. But influence has been bought and sold over our highest levels of government and the citizens need to get to the bottom of it.
frankj1 Offline
#40 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 28,457
DrafterX wrote:
That's a silly name.. Mellow

I know!
ZRX1200 Offline
#41 Posted:
Joined: 07-08-2007
Posts: 49,555
Don’t you have to PROVE the check was from campaign funds for this to even be an issue? Or the INTENT of the check? I mean my understanding is you do have to pay lawyers.......
DrafterX Offline
#42 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 89,222
It was prolly for drugs... Mellow
tailgater Offline
#43 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 23,455
rfenst wrote:
Do you believe the copy of the check was real?


Did anyone NOT know that the whore was paid off?

I don't need to see the soiled sheets to know that.

tailgater Offline
#44 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 23,455
frankj1 wrote:
convicted liar or not, betcha some stuff from his 10 years as an extremely high ranking trusted insider with Trump before he suddenly became a "bad attorney" will be true.

I've lied in my life. Doesn't mean nothing I say is believable.

You oversimplify by insisting it's only about Hate Trump. I don't hate him, but I don't believe him either. There is such a long and documented history you'd have to be in total denial to think nothing has happened and it's all TDS or whatever dismissive term has been latched onto by deniers.

I did not vote for Trump. He is my President. The bad that could very well happen is scary to me for the sake of the USA. But it's crazy to pretend there's absolute zero when so many have already been found guilty in addition to Cohen. And so many had connections to foreign governments and so much financial debt is owed to those people...

hopefully not impeachable stuff, perhaps if we are lucky Trump totally shielded himself from any direct lines of knowledge. But influence has been bought and sold over our highest levels of government and the citizens need to get to the bottom of it.


Oversimplify what?
Hate Trump?


It's like nobody reads anymore.
Read what I wrote.
Like/Dislike means both sides.
"F*ck all of them from both sides" means, well, BOTH sides.

Duh.


tailgater Offline
#45 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 23,455
In the scheme of things political, does paying off a whore who provided services prior to being an elected official truly rank as a major crime?
Campaign finance laws are a joke.
Obama was fined and nobody cared.
Trump buries an expense and it's impeachment.

Face it.
You (no one in particular) don't like Trump so every wrong turn makes your blood boil and you want him to be jailed for J-walking.

Fact.


Speyside Offline
#46 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 8,361
So my take away from this is tail likes reach around.
tailgater Offline
#47 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 23,455
Speyside wrote:
So my take away from this is tail likes reach around.


That's always your takeaway.

frankj1 Offline
#48 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 28,457
tailgater wrote:
Did anyone NOT know that the whore was paid off?

I don't need to see the soiled sheets to know that.


everyone knew.

of course, we were told Attorney Cohen paid her with his own money cuz he woulda taken a bullet for Trump (before bullets were actually fired).

frankj1 Offline
#49 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 28,457
tailgater wrote:
Oversimplify what?
Hate Trump?


It's like nobody reads anymore.
Read what I wrote.
Like/Dislike means both sides.
"F*ck all of them from both sides" means, well, BOTH sides.

Duh.



here are the words you wrote...

"What could he POSSIBLY say that would be believed?

Oh yeah.
the answer is "Anything that is in sync with my beliefs or supports my like/dislike of Trump"


yeah, you said F both sides too. I said a lot more than "you oversimplify" but that's what you got from it.
And there are dozens of prior posts stating pretty much the same thing, it's all Trump hate...it's all TDS...
basically, no substance just, well, Trump.

I say there is a lot of substance to sift through.
Mr. Jones Offline
#50 Posted:
Joined: 06-12-2005
Posts: 10,948
^^^^
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>