America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 5 weeks ago by USNGunner. 15 replies replies.
anyone tried the Class 34 Maduro Blend No.9?
clintCigar Online
#1 Posted:
Herfing
BLISTER Offline
#2 Posted:
Nope, but here's a review from someone I trust

"Smoked one OTT. Ugly as sin but rolled like a railroad spike. Fully packed and no soft spots. Wrappers are dull and veiny. Light it up, perfect resistance on the draw and TONS of smoke! Just like LPs seem like they are dipped in oil, the smoke off of the cigars as they rest is quite similar. Full bodied for sure, but a bit young tasting. Ligas? I dunno, but with a little rest, this was a good buy after just the first one."
BLISTER Offline
#3 Posted:
.... And another

"My robusto were tagged June 2019. But they were not wet. Smoked 1 and got a big blast of pepper at first then it smoothed out to a medium strength. I don't know who made them but the maduro wrapper is very, very thin. Cracked a bit. They should be good after they settle."
clintCigar Online
#4 Posted:
Nice. Thanks!
ZRX1200 Offline
#5 Posted:
I only smoke class 5
clintCigar Online
#6 Posted:
ZRX1200 wrote:
I only smoke class 5

Oh I bought those no questions asked.
delta1 Offline
#7 Posted:
never heard of them...so they aspire to LP status....any idea who makes them?
clintCigar Online
#8 Posted:
Here is the sales pitch... I mean story:

To say these are value cigars is an understatement. That phrase sounds like the cigars are basic, economy, or even low-quality. This is the Holy Grail of cigars - a top-quality, factory-direct handmade first made by one of the finest factories in Nicaragua. The brand is Class 34 and this blend is called simply Maduro Blend No. 9. It's medium-bodied, slightly sweet with some spiciness. Gorgeous maduro wrappers, slow burners with ample flavor from head to toe. Basic branding, factory-direct.

Here's the Class 34 story:
Why do some good cigars cost so much – and why so much variation in costs between blends? The answer, which may be obvious, is brand name. I’ll acknowledge there’s some art to cigar making but at this day in age the production itself is more science. Established, accepted processes for growing tobacco, fermentation and pre-industry, and cigar production are more uniformly followed than at any point in history. Innovations are only incremental at this point, as fewer barriers exist with less hidden knowledge than ever before. So any factory that wants to meet the threshold of making quality cigars can.

To make an analogy: there are some objectively bad or inexperienced micro-breweries (not simply makers of beer that doesn’t suit your taste). But these low quality brewers don’t last. Meanwhile quality brewpubs and craft brewers are ubiquitous and you'll find them in every town from Dubuque, IA to Tampa FL to Oxford, MS to Albany, NY. Likewise, there are bad or inexperienced cigar makers, corner-cutters, or factories who choose to specialize in cheap cigars for the “barely premium” value market. Set those aside for a minute. For the rest, with any volume it costs a dime more at the factory level to make a good premium vs. basic handmade…which after taxes landed in the states call it a 20-cent difference. With each additional cent of cost put into the production of a cigar, there’s a quickly diminishing - if not vanishing - incremental increase in quality.

Back to cost, why is it $10, $12 or more a cigar on the shelf? 75-cents might be import taxes and shipping cost. There are middlemen markups. There is often pricing policies where brands mandate that retailers double the price. There are also sales taxes. But mainly, some brands can simply command more – as they count on their marketing spending to capture that premium price, not because it’s any better. These brands often pay retailers co-op and other fees for placement in their store. These costs and markups are all passed to you, and what you get in return is zero. Hence the old saw: “what’s the difference between a $2 cigar and a $12 cigar?” Answer: “10 bucks.”

Today, there is no reason for that. Better cigars need not cost more. Class 34 cigars are straight from factory to you. No middlemen, no inefficiencies, no needless markups.
ZRX1200 Offline
#9 Posted:
I hate marketing people.......
clintCigar Online
#10 Posted:
So I tried one of these (toro) with only 2 days humi rest. I'll have to say these sticks are a steal for $2. Easily a $4-$5 stick ROTT and with some age could be a $6-$7 stick IMO. Has a nice maduro sweetness all the way through with a little spice build starting around the halfway point. Nice construction, burn and draw. I smoked it down to almost a half inch nub. Herfing Here are a few pics I took:

http://warriorbreaks.com/misc/cigars/Class34Maduro01.jpg
http://warriorbreaks.com/misc/cigars/Class34Maduro02.jpg
http://warriorbreaks.com/misc/cigars/Class34Maduro03.jpg
http://warriorbreaks.com/misc/cigars/Class34Maduro04.jpg

(side note: having auto hyperlinks turned off for everything except cbid and CI is phuucking DUMB. Also the cuss word sensor BS)
KingoftheCove Online
#11 Posted:
ZRX1200 wrote:
I hate marketing people.......

Heh heh..................sometimes it’s a toss up as to who is worse......marketing or sales.
Back in da 80s and 90s when I was in pharma consulting, there was this sales wiz who we loved.............and hated.

That fuqer could sell yellow snow to an Eskimo.
The problem was that he would promise the Eskimo that the yellow snow would attract fish, cure cancer, and make his car battery last 10 times longer.
We got the sale, now we had to deliver magic yellow snow.......................those were some stressful days that I don’t miss a bit.

Over promising sales people are worse than marketing clowns....
Thunder.Gerbil Offline
#12 Posted:
234 cigars in 35 days and you couldn't find the time for one?

Slacker.
clintCigar Online
#13 Posted:
Thunder.Gerbil wrote:
234 cigars in 35 days and you couldn't find the time for one?

Slacker.

Eh? Eh? Confused Confused
ZRX1200 Offline
#14 Posted:
I used to say **** sales reps.

Then I did.

Look where that got me.
USNGunner Offline
#15 Posted:
KingoftheCove wrote:
Heh heh..................sometimes it’s a toss up as to who is worse......marketing or sales.
Back in da 80s and 90s when I was in pharma consulting, there was this sales wiz who we loved.............and hated.

That fuqer could sell yellow snow to an Eskimo.
The problem was that he would promise the Eskimo that the yellow snow would attract fish, cure cancer, and make his car battery last 10 times longer.
We got the sale, now we had to deliver magic yellow snow.......................those were some stressful days that I don’t miss a bit.

Over promising sales people are worse than marketing clowns....

I was an field service engineer in the Machine tool world. I hated those freaking kind of salesmen. And they quickly learned that if they did that to me, I would hang them out to dry, I had no facks to give. whip