America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 7 months ago by USNGunner. 16 replies replies.
Good price on box for tuppador
slo-mo Offline
#1 Posted:
Joined: 06-29-2019
Posts: 33
The jungle has the Sistema Klip It Rectangular Food Storage Container 236oz for $9.99 I just ordered a couple and thought I'd pass on the info.
jjanecka Offline
#2 Posted:
Joined: 12-08-2015
Posts: 4,334
That's great, for another six bucks I can get an Island Breeze and store lots of boxes though...
Stogie1020 Online
#3 Posted:
Joined: 12-19-2019
Posts: 806
I recently grabbed this 608oz (19qt) from the Container Store for $11.99 on sale. It's off sale, but only $13.99.

https://www.containerstore.com/s/storage/garage-storage-totes/clear-weathertight-totes/12d?productId=10026213
clintCigar Online
#4 Posted:
Joined: 05-14-2019
Posts: 2,552
Just bite the bullet and go ahead and get a 4 pack of these. With tax comes out to around $13.61 a piece. You will thank me later. Herfing

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ziploc-60-Quart-15-Gallon-WeatherShield-Storage-Box-Available-in-Single-or-4-Pack/37299945
dstieger Offline
#5 Posted:
Joined: 06-22-2007
Posts: 10,888
slo-mo wrote:
The jungle has the Sistema Klip It Rectangular Food Storage Container 236oz for $9.99 I just ordered a couple and thought I'd pass on the info.


236 oz container might fit enough cigars for a long weekend of fishing.


Clint's recommendation looks better. Just be a little careful getting containers that are too air tight. Make sure you open every week or so. Whatever happened to Oust fans?
clintCigar Online
#6 Posted:
Joined: 05-14-2019
Posts: 2,552
Refresh my memory, why do they need to be opened every week if the container is air tight?
Sunoverbeach Offline
#7 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 4,778
The theory is the airflow helps aging as opposed to locking in stasis. I've heard people argue both ways over the necessity
dstieger Offline
#8 Posted:
Joined: 06-22-2007
Posts: 10,888
clintCigar wrote:
Refresh my memory, why do they need to be opened every week if the container is air tight?


I have yet to find a humidification method that will hold steady in airtight container. HCM, HF, KL, Boveda --- all can regulate -- but none reliably enough for me without circulation.
delta1 Offline
#9 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 23,217
Stogie1020 wrote:
I recently grabbed this 608oz (19qt) from the Container Store for $11.99 on sale. It's off sale, but only $13.99.

https://www.containerstore.com/s/storage/garage-storage-totes/clear-weathertight-totes/12d?productId=10026213



go big or go home...got the 41 quart one for my overflow....still had to get a few smaller 1.5 gal snap lid tupperdors
Thunder.Gerbil Offline
#10 Posted:
Joined: 11-02-2006
Posts: 120,986
Hey all ya'll, 30 gallon heavy duty hefty garbage bags are on sale at wal-mart! Them suckers seal up GOOD and they are only 20-cents each!
frankj1 Offline
#11 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 35,581
do they make 'em in clear colored so's I can watch my babies?
Sunoverbeach Offline
#12 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 4,778
Not Hefty brand, but you could get yourself some of those commercial bags like they use for asbestos remediation. Should be able to see your babies just fine
MACS Offline
#13 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 68,981
Thunder.Gerbil wrote:
Hey all ya'll, 30 gallon heavy duty hefty garbage bags are on sale at wal-mart! Them suckers seal up GOOD and they are only 20-cents each!


Yeah, man... I still have my Club Chairside Humidor I got from this place... $181 + shipping.
cacman Offline
#14 Posted:
Joined: 07-03-2010
Posts: 12,096
dig the irony here - how cheap can I go to store my high-end cigars and CC's?

$20 - http://www.cigarbid.com/...to-filling-the-cooledor

And don't forget to use kitty litter for your humidification either.
ZRX1200 Offline
#15 Posted:
Joined: 07-08-2007
Posts: 52,916
Romaine lettuce, and an Igloo cooler are the ONLY way to store cigars.
USNGunner Offline
#16 Posted:
Joined: 05-17-2019
Posts: 4,402
clintCigar wrote:
Just bite the bullet and go ahead and get a 4 pack of these. With tax comes out to around $13.61 a piece. You will thank me later. Herfing

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ziploc-60-Quart-15-Gallon-WeatherShield-Storage-Box-Available-in-Single-or-4-Pack/37299945


This. Goes a long ways. You'll run out of room, but by then you'll know what's up. ThumpUp
Users browsing this topic
Guest