America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 16 months ago by Stogie1020. 60 replies replies.
2 Pages12>
3 I Like, Recco Me Another
Stogie1020 Offline
#1 Posted:
Joined: 12-19-2019
Posts: 3,972
List three cigars you like, other will make recommendations based on your three for something new you might like to try.
Stogie1020 Offline
#2 Posted:
Joined: 12-19-2019
Posts: 3,972
I will go first.

I like:
LGC Series N
CAO Brazil
MF Le Bijou

Based on those three "likes", what do the more seasoned smokers recommend I try?
Pudding Mittens Offline
#3 Posted:
Joined: 08-15-2016
Posts: 1,291
Stogie1020 wrote:
I will go first.

I like:
LGC Series N
CAO Brazil
MF Le Bijou

Based on those three "likes", what do the more seasoned smokers recommend I try?


601 Steel
601 Blue Label Maduro
Southern Draw Jacob's Ladder (lancero is the best size IMO)
.
CelticBomber Offline
#4 Posted:
Joined: 05-03-2012
Posts: 6,786
My Father Le Bijou Petite Robusto
La Aroma de Cuba Noblesse Regency
Partagas Short
ZRX1200 Online
#5 Posted:
Joined: 07-08-2007
Posts: 58,457
Gurkha Cortesan
Davidoff Oro Blanco
Cohiba Behike
Stogie1020 Offline
#6 Posted:
Joined: 12-19-2019
Posts: 3,972
Pudding Mittens wrote:
601 Steel
601 Blue Label Maduro
Southern Draw Jacob's Ladder (lancero is the best size IMO)
.


Thanks Pudding! I have been scoping out the Jacob's Ladder, but wasn't familiar with the 601 stuff.

What makes you like the lancero the best? Ratio of wrapper to filler? I wish I liked the smaller ring gauges, but 54-56 is my sweet spot.
Pudding Mittens Offline
#7 Posted:
Joined: 08-15-2016
Posts: 1,291
ZRX1200 wrote:
Gurkha Cortesan

Bwahaha.... there's actually a Gurkha line that translates to the "Gurkha Whore"?

Awesome! Do you have to put one of those little rubber "finger cots" (they look just like miniature condoms) on the head of a Gurkha Whore when you smoke it? You know, to protect yourself? Practice safe smoking, always!

They're priced differently too. They're $100 for a full hour of smoking or $75 for a half-hour. Those prices include conventional smoking only. If you want "nasal" (retrohaling) too, that's a pricey upcharge, and some don't allow nasal, it's up to the individual cigar to decide.

Oh, and you'd better treat the cigar well, or the "Gurkha Pimp" cigar (complete with miniature novelty purple felt hat on its head) will come and beat the schitt out of you.

jester
.
Stogie1020 Offline
#8 Posted:
Joined: 12-19-2019
Posts: 3,972
Anyone with recommendations for Celtic or ZRX?
tonygraz Offline
#9 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 19,110
Puddin - I'll trade you 10 of those Jacobs Ladder dog rockets and a couple of dozen other AJ rockets for one of those Gurkha Courtesans. I heard Z lights his with flaming $ 100 bills.

https://www.guyandtheblog.com/1000000-cigar-gurkha-cigars-breaks-the-bank-with-the-royal-courtesan/
Palama Offline
#10 Posted:
Joined: 02-05-2013
Posts: 20,897
CelticBomber wrote:
My Father Le Bijou Petite Robusto
La Aroma de Cuba Noblesse Regency
Partagas Short


All very good smokes! ThumpUp

The MFLBPR is excellent after 4-5 years of nap time. 😴
Pudding Mittens Offline
#11 Posted:
Joined: 08-15-2016
Posts: 1,291
Stogie1020 wrote:
Thanks Pudding! I have been scoping out the Jacob's Ladder, but wasn't familiar with the 601 stuff.

What makes you like the lancero the best? Ratio of wrapper to filler? I wish I liked the smaller ring gauges, but 54-56 is my sweet spot.

Yes, it has a high wrapper-to-filler ratio, and the wrapper is high-grade Pennsylvania Broadleaf Maduro, reportedly the best grade that exists.

It makes that size (technical term "vitola") the best of them all, IMO. Very spicy and powerful on the retrohale.

By the way, if you're not retrohaling, you're missing nearly all the flavor of your cigars. The tongue picks up a small amount of flavors, but the olfactory system picks up tremendously more. Learn how to do it. There are YouTube videos about it. At first it may be awkward, but practice and it becomes second nature and automatic. You'll even notice yourself sub-consciously/automatically directing different percentages of the smoke out your nose and mouth depending on the blend, to optimize the flavor and experience of each kind of cigar.

The 601 Red Label Habano is also excellent, and you ought to try that one too.
.
frankj1 Online
#12 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 42,923
I hate retrohaling
CelticBomber Offline
#13 Posted:
Joined: 05-03-2012
Posts: 6,786
Palama wrote:
All very good smokes! ThumpUp

The MFLBPR is excellent after 4-5 years of nap time. 😴



The Wombat sent me a 5er with 4 or 5vyears on them and I was in LOVE! God bless that fuzzy varmint!
shaun341 Offline
#14 Posted:
Joined: 08-02-2012
Posts: 8,826
ZRX1200 wrote:
Gurkha Cortesan
Davidoff Oro Blanco
Cohiba Behike



I would suggest pairing them with Billionaire Vodka and maybe Shasta as a mixer.
clintCigar Offline
#15 Posted:
Joined: 05-14-2019
Posts: 4,474
CelticBomber wrote:
My Father Le Bijou Petite Robusto
La Aroma de Cuba Noblesse Regency
Partagas Short

Since I sent these to CB I'll one up his.

Dunbarton Mi Querida Triqui Traca
Cigar Federation Slither
Ezra Zion Chocolate Chip Cookie Maduro

Herfing
Palama Offline
#16 Posted:
Joined: 02-05-2013
Posts: 20,897
Stogie1020 wrote:
List three cigars you like, other will make recommendations based on your three for something new you might like to try.


If I understand your questions...and expanding a little:

3 old “standbys” that I like as “everyday” smokes:
AF 8-5-8 Maduro
AF Mag R44
Tat PCR

3 cigars that I like as regular rotation stogies (...but due to a availability and/or cost aren’t everydayers...)
AF 8-5-8 Sungrown
AF Anejo #46
Partagas Serie D4 (cc)

3 newer ‘gars that are working their way into regular rotation:
HVC La Rosa 520 Favoritos
JRE Aladino - haven’t yet decided on my favorite vitola but love the blend
Guardian of the Farm - have tried 4 vitolas and enjoyed all of them

3 new releases I would like to try:
AF Hemingway Rosados - due out later this year
Tat Anarchy KAOS
Tat Black Label PC


Dg west deptford Offline
#17 Posted:
Joined: 05-25-2019
Posts: 2,836
Can't comment on anyone elses list yet but ...
Anyone had a CFed Machete? I'd love to find an available comparable in profile. I'm usually geared toward SA chocolate and pepper but the Machete was a Criolla 98 leaning toward salted caramel and raisins (IMO)
clickbangdead Offline
#18 Posted:
Joined: 01-31-2009
Posts: 2,161
Stogie1020 wrote:
Thanks Pudding! I have been scoping out the Jacob's Ladder, but wasn't familiar with the 601 stuff.

What makes you like the lancero the best? Ratio of wrapper to filler? I wish I liked the smaller ring gauges, but 54-56 is my sweet spot.


Man, you are doing yourself no favors ignoring lanceros/lonsdales/minutos/Corona gorda. Many times the lancero is the best vitola. Stopped really buying anything over 50 a long time ago, with a few exceptions. Just found most larger ring gauges had much more muted flavors.
gummy jones Offline
#19 Posted:
Joined: 07-06-2015
Posts: 7,968
White owl grape
White owl pineapple
White owl grape
clintCigar Offline
#20 Posted:
Joined: 05-14-2019
Posts: 4,474
Dg west deptford wrote:
Can't comment on anyone elses list yet but ...
Anyone had a CFed Machete? I'd love to find an available comparable in profile. I'm usually geared toward SA chocolate and pepper but the Machete was a Criolla 98 leaning toward salted caramel and raisins (IMO)

I've got some. Haven't tried them yet. Herfing
jjanecka Offline
#21 Posted:
Joined: 12-08-2015
Posts: 4,334
JSK Red Knight Lancero
San Cristobal Principe
Atabey Robusto
Sunoverbeach Offline
#22 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 13,934
clintCigar wrote:
I've got some. Haven't tried them yet. Herfing

The one I had was tasty. Kinda gave me a Fuente vibe
fishinguitarman Offline
#23 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2006
Posts: 69,148
San Cristabol El Principe
PSD4
AF Short Stories
CelticBomber Offline
#24 Posted:
Joined: 05-03-2012
Posts: 6,786
If I were to add a 4th to my list it would be the San Cristobal El Principe. Great little smoke!
delta1 Offline
#25 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 27,657
Stogie1020 wrote:
I will go first.

I like:
LGC Series N
CAO Brazil
MF Le Bijou

Based on those three "likes", what do the more seasoned smokers recommend I try?


looks like you like full flavor n full strength cigars...

try:

Viaje Skull and Bones, Summerfest, and Exclusivo...some others I had awhile ago that were also strong: White Label Project C-4, MOAB, Candy Cane

La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero, Colorado Oscuro

Padron 1964 and 1926 Anniversary in natural or maduro
Stogie1020 Offline
#26 Posted:
Joined: 12-19-2019
Posts: 3,972
delta1 wrote:
looks like you like full flavor n full strength cigars...

try:

Viaje Skull and Bones, Summerfest, and Exclusivo...some others I had awhile ago that were also strong: White Label Project C-4, MOAB, Candy Cane

La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero, Colorado Oscuro

Padron 1964 and 1926 Anniversary in natural or maduro


Thanks Delta, the ones I posted are definitely more full flavored, but the reason I am drawn to them specifically is that they seem to be blended in a way that the flavor is strong but not harsh. I know it's all a matter of taste, that's why I wanted some recommendations from the more seasoned smokers for full flavored but smoothly blended smokes. The first time I smoked a LGC Serie N (probably the first really full strength cigar I recall having) I was a little afraid when I lit it that it it would be too strong. Five minutes in to it I recall being amazed at how well blended and smooth the full flavor profile was.

Adding your recco's to my "to try" list, thanks!



delta1 Offline
#27 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 27,657
you're welcome, Bro...

none of the cigars on that list would qualify as harsh...most are strong, smooth and full flavored in different ways, with more complexity and layers to their flavors than lesser smokes...
benja123 Offline
#28 Posted:
Joined: 03-09-2015
Posts: 1,269
Hello all,

noob and part time lurker, I'm an occasional smoker but spouse is 30+ year daily smoker. I do the online buying.Favorites are:

DC Maximus toro- 1st of the am
Fuente 858 maduro- for a daily
RyJ Reserve Real Maduro- sadly no longer available
Oliva "V" Melanio varied vitola
Nica rustica El Brujito - yard 'gar

As a compulsive buyer I have purchased and secreted in closet Coolidor with overflow in Tuppidor a crapload of new (to spouse) brands.

Southern Draw: Jacobs Ladder Toro, Firethorn Habanero Perfecto

MF: #4 Lancero, #1 Robusto, Conn Toro & Le Bijou in Toro and Petit Robusto

Herrera Estelli Norteno Coronitas & limited Edition Churchill

Aging Room: Habano Rondo Robusto ,Quattro Nica Vibrato, Core Maduro Rondo

and a mix of Blackbird Unkind Robusto,LP Papas Fritas , Fratello D'Oro, Estaban Carreras 187 Toro, Jaime garcia Reserve Especial Toro, AJF San Lotano Dominico Robusto & Room 101 Farce

Most were 5 & 10 pks but there are 5+ boxes. Hoping I made some decent choices but waiting a few months to unveil. Will I be back here trying to trade off the losers?

All this time off is dangerous
delta1 Offline
#29 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 27,657
welcome to the madhouse, benja123...glad you conquered your shyness and came in...

some of the guys are going to rough you up a little... hope you can take some punches

I suggest that you do an introductory post in a separate thread/topic


as for your list of cigar purchases...pretty good start: smoke them all and take notes so you can buy more of those you like...

first few years into cigars I liked to try a variety of different stuff...still experiment with new offerings, but not as much as in the beginning after finding a bunch of regulars that I always have on hand
Palama Offline
#30 Posted:
Joined: 02-05-2013
Posts: 20,897
benja123 wrote:
Hello all,

noob and part time lurker, I'm an occasional smoker but spouse is 30+ year daily smoker. I do the online buying.Favorites are:

DC Maximus toro- 1st of the am
Fuente 858 maduro- for a daily
RyJ Reserve Real Maduro- sadly no longer available
Oliva "V" Melanio varied vitola
Nica rustica El Brujito - yard 'gar

As a compulsive buyer I have purchased and secreted in closet Coolidor with overflow in Tuppidor a crapload of new (to spouse) brands.

Southern Draw: Jacobs Ladder Toro, Firethorn Habanero Perfecto

MF: #4 Lancero, #1 Robusto, Conn Toro & Le Bijou in Toro and Petit Robusto

Herrera Estelli Norteno Coronitas & limited Edition Churchill

Aging Room: Habano Rondo Robusto ,Quattro Nica Vibrato, Core Maduro Rondo

and a mix of Blackbird Unkind Robusto,LP Papas Fritas , Fratello D'Oro, Estaban Carreras 187 Toro, Jaime garcia Reserve Especial Toro, AJF San Lotano Dominico Robusto & Room 101 Farce

Most were 5 & 10 pks but there are 5+ boxes. Hoping I made some decent choices but waiting a few months to unveil. Will I be back here trying to trade off the losers?

All this time off is dangerous


So does your husband/wife bid here too?
benja123 Offline
#31 Posted:
Joined: 03-09-2015
Posts: 1,269
Delta,
Thanks, I'll do the intro thing. As for the attention good or bad, we can all use a good laugh these days. I've seen whats's here. Better than SNL.

Palama,
No! my husband wife barely knows what the interwebs is for. Picture one finger adorably smashing keyboard saying "this thing is BROKEN"
My husband wife only does the smoking, not the buying. I am a cigar enabler using my buying OCD to supply needs. In the last 3 months I've brought about 500 cigars into the house undectected.
Storage is becoming a problem

Pudding Mittens Offline
#32 Posted:
Joined: 08-15-2016
Posts: 1,291
benja123 wrote:
In the last 3 months I've brought about 500 cigars into the house undectected.

I never said "I do", so I just bring 'em right in the front door and don't have to care. Herfing

Quote:
Storage is becoming a problem

Big-ass Sterilite (or similar) tubs, clear so you can read your Caliber IV digital hygrometer right through the wall. They're stackable. You can have an enormous cigar collection in a pretty compact space this way, and it's very cheap and low-maintenance too.
.
benja123 Offline
#33 Posted:
Joined: 03-09-2015
Posts: 1,269
I think I may have one of those under the bed holding Godknowswhat. Whatever is in there can be tossed ina hefty bag, I bet. Great save, PM, thanks!
Project to transfer over this afternoon before the next (and final?) batch arrives. I took the Norteno Lmtd Ed Churchills out of the massively long thin box to shove in the humidor but saved it, gonna stack em back in there and move boxes over to Sterlite and back under da bed.

Caliber IV digital hydrometer you say? I have one digital in the humidor (about 10 boxes in there) and an analog thing in the tuppador, (maybe 140 sticks). The rest I use Boveda packs and just check them once every 2 weeks or so.
Hopefully the Sterilite will consolidate enough I can use just the 2 hygrometers I have. They are probably crap and I can't remember if I ever calibrated them.
Pudding Mittens Offline
#34 Posted:
Joined: 08-15-2016
Posts: 1,291
benja123 wrote:
I think I may have one of those under the bed holding Godknowswhat. Whatever is in there can be tossed ina hefty bag, I bet. Great save, PM, thanks!
Project to transfer over this afternoon before the next (and final?) batch arrives. I took the Norteno Lmtd Ed Churchills out of the massively long thin box to shove in the humidor but saved it, gonna stack em back in there and move boxes over to Sterlite and back under da bed.

There are many models of Sterilite and other brands. Pay attention to the seal. You don't need airtight, but you need fairly close to it. The Sterilite tall tubs with the two handles that lock up and over the lid seem to fit the bill, and work great for me. Other models may not have a good enough near-seal. You'll have to experiment.

There are also rubber-gasket-seal models that are essentially airtight, but they tend to be smaller and not available in the huge sizes (like 116-quart) that regular Sterilites come in, and many believe a completely airtight seal can be bad as it doesn't allow a small bit of fresh air exchange or allow escape of ammonia and other gaseous aging products.

Some believe mold and other badness may be consequences of an absolutely perfect airtight seal. I tend to believe them, after getting mold on a box of Joya De Nicaragua Antano 1970 that was in a gasket-sealed box... and never getting any mold on my enormous number of other cigars that have been in not-quite-perfect-seal containers (like the handles-lock-over-lid 116-quart Sterilites), ever. Not a single stick in over a decade.

Quote:
Caliber IV digital hydrometer you say?

Hygrometer not hydrometer. And yes, they are the best, without getting into $200+ lab-grade units which is overkill for sure. Going rate for Caliber IV is around $22 or so. Just make sure to calibrate them. Occasionally there's a bum one you have to return, but it's rare. For example I now have 12 of them, no bums, all were calibratable within the provided -6 to +6 range and most are -1, 0 or 1 offset actually.
.
benja123 Offline
#35 Posted:
Joined: 03-09-2015
Posts: 1,269
yep, I see them on Amazon for the 22 you quote. I think the Sterilite box I have is without lockdown handles, probably won't work. I'm alittle concerned about my singles in the tupperware now that you mention airtight seal, gonna put my hyGrometer in there and see if its too high. This is getting complicated for my tiny pea brain.
Think I'll pull the trigger on 1 Caliber IV, then see how my other 2 compare in accuracy so I can get some peace of mind on all the chit I have.
Thanks
delta1 Offline
#36 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 27,657
run them through the moist salt in a sealed ziplock test for a day or so before deploying them...if they are at 75RH, perfect...otherwise mark them for how many points off, plus or minus, from 75


I do this about once a year for all my hygrometers...
Pudding Mittens Offline
#37 Posted:
Joined: 08-15-2016
Posts: 1,291
delta1 wrote:
run them through the moist salt in a sealed ziplock test for a day or so before deploying them...if they are at 75RH, perfect...otherwise mark them for how many points off, plus or minus, from 75


I do this about once a year for all my hygrometers...

I do an alternative by putting a brand-new, freshly-unwrapped 69% Boveda pack in an airtight, gasketed plastic container with a clear body, along with one or more Caliber IV units all set to a 0 calibration offset, and each with a different ID number Sharpied on it (or on a sticker stuck to it). The container shouldn't be too small (causes too-high humidity) or too big. If I remember right a 2-liter one works well. Then wait 24+ hours for stabilization.

Then over a few days, every time you walk past, write down the number each Caliber IV unit is showing on a pad of paper. Do this a whole bunch of times.

Then, for each Caliber IV unit, look at all its readings and average them, and how far off that average is from 69 is what you set the calibration at on the unit. For example if a unit's readings average out to 70.3, you'd set it at -1.

Optionally, you can then repeat the same test AFTER you've entered the calibration offsets into each unit, and you should see they're all hovering at 69, or sometimes 68 or 70. This confirms they're calibrated correctly.

And that's all there is to it. It works great.
.
benja123 Offline
#38 Posted:
Joined: 03-09-2015
Posts: 1,269
delta1 wrote:
run them through the moist salt in a sealed ziplock test for a day or so before deploying them...if they are at 75RH, perfect...otherwise mark them for how many points off, plus or minus, from 75


I do this about once a year for all my hygrometers...


pretend I don't know how to professionally "moisten" salt
1/4c salt and 5 eyedrops of d-water?
yes I am that slow.
benja123 Offline
#39 Posted:
Joined: 03-09-2015
Posts: 1,269
Pudding Mittens wrote:
I do an alternative by putting a brand-new, freshly-unwrapped 69% Boveda pack in an airtight, gasketed plastic container with a clear body, along with one or more Caliber IV units all set to a 0 calibration offset, and each with a different ID number Sharpied on it (or on a sticker stuck to it). The container shouldn't be too small (causes too-high humidity) or too big. If I remember right a 2-liter one works well. Then wait 24+ hours for stabilization.

Then over a few days, every time you walk past, write down the number each Caliber IV unit is showing on a pad of paper. Do this a whole bunch of times.

Then, for each Caliber IV unit, look at all its readings and average them, and how far off that average is from 69 is what you set the calibration at on the unit. For example if a unit's readings average out to 70.3, you'd set it at -1.

Optionally, you can then repeat the same test AFTER you've entered the calibration offsets into each unit, and you should see they're all hovering at 69, or sometimes 68 or 70. This confirms they're calibrated correctly.

And that's all there is to it. It works great.
.


Saving this for when I actually own a Caliber IV, planning on order one soon. But all my boveda packs are not new. Spent all my disposable income on the sticks and now I'm having maintenance anxiety. I remebered last night while trying to sleep I did have a pretty large Sterlite container with 2 handle close. Gonna dump whatever clothes are in it to a suitcase and move over all the boxed cigars to consolidate.

Somewhere I read someone was using those cedar grilling sheets to line acrylic or other plastic contains for single sticks. Is that a good idea?
Pudding Mittens Offline
#40 Posted:
Joined: 08-15-2016
Posts: 1,291
.
The more Spanish cedar (NOT typical aromatic cedar!) sheets, chunks and pieces, etc. you have in a container, the better humidity will stay regulated. Ditto for cigars themselves. Both Spanish cedar pieces and cigars help regulate humidity by their mere presence.

They both emit humidity when it's low in the container's air, and absorb when it's high, "buffering the swings", so to speak. This is very good.

Try to keep your containers relatively full of cigars, and have a good amount of Spanish cedar in there too. Some cigar boxes are made mostly or entirely of Spansh cedar, which makes it easier to do. Other cigar boxes are made of cardboard, which doesn't help, but shouldn't hurt either. Most 'divider sheets' inside cigar boxes are Spanish cedar.

You can also often go to local cigar shops and ask for Spanish cedar pieces, sheets, scraps, chunks and they'll often sell you them dirt cheap or just give them to you free because they open tons of cigar boxes all the time, and have spare boxes and divider sheets aplenty, usually.
.
benja123 Offline
#41 Posted:
Joined: 03-09-2015
Posts: 1,269
sounds like good advice, got plenty of empty wood boxes from premium cigars- should be spanish cedar. I'll put singles into those for storing. Wish i had keep all the cedar sheets I've tossed. Had no forethought my compulsion would shift to acquiring so many cigars. guess that is why its called compulsion. Happy to report I've not ordered anything yet today!
delta1 Offline
#42 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 27,657
Stogie1020 wrote:
Thanks Delta, the ones I posted are definitely more full flavored, but the reason I am drawn to them specifically is that they seem to be blended in a way that the flavor is strong but not harsh. I know it's all a matter of taste, that's why I wanted some recommendations from the more seasoned smokers for full flavored but smoothly blended smokes. The first time I smoked a LGC Serie N (probably the first really full strength cigar I recall having) I was a little afraid when I lit it that it it would be too strong. Five minutes in to it I recall being amazed at how well blended and smooth the full flavor profile was.

Adding your recco's to my "to try" list, thanks!




giving more thought...I listed some pricier ones to try...there are alternatives to emptying your wallet...

another three to try, that are in a "more affordable" price range:

Oliva G, O and V: all full flavored and smooth

Joya de Nicaragua 1970 Antano: good and strong when fresh, but if you can stash a few away, they become outstanding if you let them sit for a year or more...strong nic kick

601 Blue, and Green, and my fave, La Bomba (Espinosa makes some very good cigars that won't break the bank, imho)
Stogie1020 Offline
#43 Posted:
Joined: 12-19-2019
Posts: 3,972
Cool, thanks for the additional suggestions.

I have a handful of Oliva G's, need to grab some O's and the V's I have smoked and know they are delish.

I may have to grab a 601 sampler, you are the second person to suggest them.

Jdn 1970, added to the to-buy list.

Thanks!
Stogie1020 Offline
#44 Posted:
Joined: 12-19-2019
Posts: 3,972
Delta, I just finished the second of a fiver of JDN Antanos you recommended. Really tasty smoke. It's going to take some effort to let them sit for a year and not smoke them rott. I need to pick up a ten pack or two and hide them from myself.

Thanks again.
delta1 Offline
#45 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 27,657
you won't regret it if you do...glad you enjoyed
Stogie1020 Offline
#46 Posted:
Joined: 12-19-2019
Posts: 3,972
Anyone tried the JDN Antano CT?

Seems Halfwheel really liked them a few years back, but I have not heard much about them from anyone who has smoked one.

They are for sale on the mothership but I have never seen them on CBid...
frozenphoenix1 Offline
#47 Posted:
Joined: 02-27-2011
Posts: 1,912
My Favorite 3 right now would be...

Cohiba Macassar
Olivia V Short Robusto
MFLBPR

Always have some on hand and mix in when I know what I want for sitting by the bonfire.

3 Others I enjoy as well:

Tat Tattoo Caballeros are in there as a good runner-up
CAO LaTraviata Maduros are good and smooth as well
DE Factory Smokes Maduros and sun growns are good yard gars for me.



RandyLeahey Offline
#48 Posted:
Joined: 07-02-2020
Posts: 4
601 Blue Maduro Robusto
Ave Maria Argentum Robusto
Partagas Cifuente Maduro Toro
BuckyB93 Offline
#49 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,998
RandyLeahey wrote:
601 Blue Maduro Robusto
Ave Maria Argentum Robusto
Partagas Cifuente Maduro Toro


I've never had these. With all the murmuring of them that I see from folks here with tastes similar to mine, I snagged a 5er of them for $14 here on the auctions. I'm a fan of Nicaraguan cigars.

They are do in tomorrow. If they live up to what I'm reading, you guys might have some more competition on the bids.

As for a Recco, this one is not very creative and you probably already smoke them: Padron anything in the x000 series (choose your preferred vitola) for something that's readily available and at a reasonable price.

If I was only allowed to smoke from one single manufacturer for the rest of my life I'd pick Padron hands down.
Stogie1020 Offline
#50 Posted:
Joined: 12-19-2019
Posts: 3,972
Once again, I need some guidance from those of you with a more refined palatte than mine (so basically ALL of you).

I know what I like, and I usuallly don't spend too much on smokes, but I want to branch out a bit even if I end up having to spend more than I usually do.

What I am trying to avoid is just guessing at what a good smoke from a manufacturere would be. I don't want to pick the one Tat/LFD/Liga/Viaje/AF/etc. everyone here thinks sucks and is the outlier in the line.

So, I am looking for recommendations for your fav cigars from the more elevated brands like Tatuaje, LFD, Liga Privada, Fuente, and any other you recommend. I prefer stronger cigars, but really gravitate toward strong and smooth cigars. I am currently smoking a lot of Punch Diablos, Oliva Serie Vs, JdN Antanos (and Dark Corojos), Sancho Panza Dbl Maduros, 601 Blues and the champagne of all cigars CAO Brazilia.

Any specific cigars you think I should try?
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>