America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 2 days ago by CelticBomber. 20 replies replies.
and the hit's just keep on coming!
CelticBomber Offline
#1 Posted:
Joined: 05-03-2012
Posts: 5,389
A leader of protests to reopen Maryland says he is ill with coronavirus.


"I had to go to the emergency room. I thought I was actually having a stroke, but it turns out I have COVID," Tim Walters said.

Tim is one of the founders of ReOpen Maryland, a movement that pressured that state's governor to end his stay-at-home order. I wonder who gave it to him and how many other's he gave it to? d'oh!

New U.S. COVID-19 infections top 43,000 in a single day, far outstripping previous peaks


Where are all the people claiming this is about freedom? I know where one of them is.... he's in a Maryland hospital with Covid.
Speyside Offline
#2 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 10,452
Which is worse?

Ignorance?
Stupidity?
Arrogance?
Or some combination there of?

#Trump2020
tailgater Offline
#3 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 24,767
So people who want the government to take a step back from their draconian measures are supposed to be immune from the virus?
CelticBomber Offline
#4 Posted:
Joined: 05-03-2012
Posts: 5,389
tailgater wrote:
So people who want the government to take a step back from their draconian measures are supposed to be immune from the virus?


I'm just gonna act like you really didn't type that with serious intent. BTW don't use big words like draconian without looking them up first.
Speyside Offline
#5 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 10,452
Tail, CB was pointing out the irony, though if you follow that it would be even more ironic. This next line will be sarcastic. I agree with you and find your logic flawless. What the government really should have done is demand people follow an honor system. That was facetious. CB, do you think Tail will follow this? That was rhetorical. I will take you more seriously though. That was a lie. Your turn.
CelticBomber Offline
#6 Posted:
Joined: 05-03-2012
Posts: 5,389
Speyside wrote:
Tail, CB was pointing out the irony, though if you follow that it would be even more ironic. This next line will be sarcastic. I agree with you and find your logic flawless. What the government really should have done is demand people follow an honor system. That was facetious. CB, do you think Tail will follow this? That was rhetorical. I will take you more seriously though. That was a lie. Your turn.


Man I don't know who make's me laugh more.... of course I'm laughing for different reason's. Laughing at or with really changes the context. I do think you wasted a bunch of $5 words in that reply. They will be wasted and ignored. I'm now going to go chase my tail. Damned thing keeps following me and I've had enough. I demand the freedom to not be followed all the time. This government just won't stay out of my life!

If my tail decides to kill a few people on the way it's not my fault, it's their's. Why should I be inconvenienced!

My tail may take your lives but, it will never take... MY FREEDOM! Saor Alba Gu BrĂ th!

Brick wall
tonygraz Online
#7 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 13,330
fuggin terrorist !
Speyside Offline
#8 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 10,452
Well there is that Tony. Now stop limiting Tails freedom, he is about ready to join the Jihad.
tailgater Offline
#9 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 24,767
CelticBomber wrote:
I'm just gonna act like you really didn't type that with serious intent. BTW don't use big words like draconian without looking them up first.


You should keep on pretending that I didn't say anything.
Because it disrupts whatever weak point you're trying to make.

And just so you know, draconian is the only $10 word I know.

tailgater Offline
#10 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 24,767
Speyside wrote:
Tail, CB was pointing out the irony, though if you follow that it would be even more ironic. This next line will be sarcastic. I agree with you and find your logic flawless. What the government really should have done is demand people follow an honor system. That was facetious. CB, do you think Tail will follow this? That was rhetorical. I will take you more seriously though. That was a lie. Your turn.


It was a mildly ironic original post.
Until you read the last line.

Freedom from government overreach is a separate issue from questioning whether the virus is real.

If the group in question claimed it was a fake virus, then your convoluted humor would be appropriate.
But that doesn't seem to be the case.




tailgater Offline
#11 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 24,767
CelticBomber wrote:
Man I don't know who make's me laugh more.... of course I'm laughing for different reason's. Laughing at or with really changes the context. I do think you wasted a bunch of $5 words in that reply. They will be wasted and ignored. I'm now going to go chase my tail. Damned thing keeps following me and I've had enough. I demand the freedom to not be followed all the time. This government just won't stay out of my life!

If my tail decides to kill a few people on the way it's not my fault, it's their's. Why should I be inconvenienced!

My tail may take your lives but, it will never take... MY FREEDOM! Saor Alba Gu Bràth!

Brick wall



You should laugh more.
Just not while sitting alone on that bench.

Speyside Offline
#12 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 10,452
I don't think anyone catching COVID 19 is humorous. Wether my opinions are the same or the opposite.
delta1 Offline
#13 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 22,205
One primary purpose for government, one of the reasons that civilized people decide to relinquish some individual liberty and freedom and empower a governing body, is for the protection of the society as a whole.

One function of protection is public health.

All the anti-science, anti-government stay-at-home orders pro-freedom people won the debate over shutdowns, so most places re-opened.

The results were predicted by the experts who recommended the lockdowns in the first place...and stay-at-home orders are being re-considered...

but there is a more measured approach now, since we know more about the virus now than we did three/four months ago...

I'd rather our government take a cautious approach when dealing with a new potentially deadly threat rather than a laissez faire, do what you want, let's see what happens process...treat this like a potential minefield...
CelticBomber Offline
#14 Posted:
Joined: 05-03-2012
Posts: 5,389
Speyside wrote:
Tail, CB was pointing out the irony, though if you follow that it would be even more ironic. This next line will be sarcastic. I agree with you and find your logic flawless. What the government really should have done is demand people follow an honor system. That was facetious. CB, do you think Tail will follow this? That was rhetorical. I will take you more seriously though. That was a lie. Your turn.


Turns out the answer is a resounding NO. Apparently, Irony means "something made out of iron" in these parts.


Tailgater wrote:

You should keep on pretending that I didn't say anything.
Because it disrupts whatever weak point you're trying to make.


So you admit you couldn't follow along? The "weak point" I was making was the irony of the situation. This guy thought just like you. Formed a group to protest so called "Government Overreach" got the Governor to rescind the stay at home order and now has Covid. He put the lives of countless people at risk, including his wife and child. He did that making you're argument.

Tailgater wrote:

Freedom from government overreach is a separate issue from questioning whether the virus is real.


No one questioned whether the virus was real or not. One of the people making your argument know's it real. We all know it's real. So, I have to ask, what weak point were you trying to make with this statement? Trump is directly responsible for eight of his own staff contracting Covid by insisting on holding that "rally" in Arizona.

In the immortal words of Keanu Reeves "Those people now know Kung Flu." Woah!
delta1 Offline
#15 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 22,205
freedom from government over-reach needs context...


1) if the government mandated that we all eat broccoli and stop eating processed foods and red meat...read only books from an approved list...worship only in approved holy places... do internet searches of govt. approved topics...avoid consuming alcoholic beverages...avoid porn


that's different from 2) govt. mandates that we obey traffic lights; avoid driving while impaired; pay extra taxes to consume tobacco products; observe speed limits; show ID to vote...

stay at home orders to fight a deadly virus falls into the second category
tailgater Offline
#16 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 24,767
CelticBomber wrote:
Turns out the answer is a resounding NO. Apparently, Irony means "something made out of iron" in these parts.




So you admit you couldn't follow along? The "weak point" I was making was the irony of the situation. This guy thought just like you. Formed a group to protest so called "Government Overreach" got the Governor to rescind the stay at home order and now has Covid. He put the lives of countless people at risk, including his wife and child. He did that making you're argument.



No one questioned whether the virus was real or not. One of the people making your argument know's it real. We all know it's real. So, I have to ask, what weak point were you trying to make with this statement? Trump is directly responsible for eight of his own staff contracting Covid by insisting on holding that "rally" in Arizona.

In the immortal words of Keanu Reeves "Those people now know Kung Flu." Woah!



Not sure you understand "irony".

The protest was to open things up.
Do we know if this guy got the covid from going to a bar? Maybe it was at the grocery store that was already open.
You're making assumptions and then arguing with me because I pointed out the flaws in your post.
Like it's somehow my fault.

There are plenty of whack jobs that think the virus is fake. Or a conspiracy. If those blokes catch it, THAT'S irony.

Wanting freedom from a government that is overreaching their authority in random and arbitrary fashion does not mean that a person underestimates the virus. Your claim of "irony" here suggests you feel otherwise.


tailgater Offline
#17 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 24,767
delta1 wrote:
freedom from government over-reach needs context...


1) if the government mandated that we all eat broccoli and stop eating processed foods and red meat...read only books from an approved list...worship only in approved holy places... do internet searches of govt. approved topics...avoid consuming alcoholic beverages...avoid porn


that's different from 2) govt. mandates that we obey traffic lights; avoid driving while impaired; pay extra taxes to consume tobacco products; observe speed limits; show ID to vote...

stay at home orders to fight a deadly virus falls into the second category


No. They don't.

These stay at home orders are random.
Even when opening, it's applied in arbitrary fashion: You're safe eating at a table. But you can't sit at a bar. You're safe getting a haircut, but you can't take a dog to the groomer. OK to shop for clothing, but not for specialty kitchen utensils. Can't touch a shopping cart without it being washed down, but fine to sit on the subway. Because it's running less frequently. And that makes it safe.

Stop.
Just. Stop.

Anyone who thinks this is about actual safety is mentally challenged. At best.
It makes no sense at all.
But some might equate it to drunk driving laws...

Don't be that guy.




victor809 Offline
#18 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 22,843
tailgater wrote:
No. They don't.

These stay at home orders are random.
Even when opening, it's applied in arbitrary fashion: You're safe eating at a table. But you can't sit at a bar. You're safe getting a haircut, but you can't take a dog to the groomer. OK to shop for clothing, but not for specialty kitchen utensils. Can't touch a shopping cart without it being washed down, but fine to sit on the subway. Because it's running less frequently. And that makes it safe.

Stop.
Just. Stop.

Anyone who thinks this is about actual safety is mentally challenged. At best.
It makes no sense at all.
But some might equate it to drunk driving laws...

Don't be that guy.


"The law isn't written in a way that I personally think makes the most sense"

is not an argument for "we need to get rid of the entire law".

If you truly believed what you stated above, then your argument would not consistently fall on the side of "we need to stop these laws that are restricting my 3rd amendment rights to a haircut!" and would more often sound like "we should re-evaluate these laws and consider reducing the restriction on low-risk businesses, while increasing the restriction on high risk businesses"

However, you consistently fall in line with the arguments posed by the groups that literally want bars re-opened (which appear to be some of the worst hot spots at this point)... so I don't believe you are honest in your argument.
CelticBomber Offline
#19 Posted:
Joined: 05-03-2012
Posts: 5,389
Tailgater wrote:
Not sure you understand "irony".


You may not be sure but, I am.

Tailgater wrote:


The protest was to open things up.
Do we know if this guy got the covid from going to a bar? Maybe it was at the grocery store that was already open.
You're making assumptions and then arguing with me because I pointed out the flaws in your post.
Like it's somehow my fault.


You keep saying there are flaws in my post but, have failed to point them out.

Let's just assume you're right. He got it from a grocery store that was already open. If that's true then wouldn't it follow that opening things up even more would exponentially increase the risk to everyone? (The was rhetorical. The answer is yes.)

Tailgater wrote:
There are plenty of whack jobs that think the virus is fake. Or a conspiracy. If those blokes catch it, THAT'S irony


No one in this thread mentioned anything about people thinking it's a fake virus or conspiracy theories. You did. Why? To try and bolster your arguments making this political? It didn't do you any favor's here.

Tailgater wrote:

Wanting freedom from a government that is overreaching their authority in random and arbitrary fashion does not mean that a person underestimates the virus. Your claim of "irony" here suggests you feel otherwise.


You keep claiming government overreach. You're arguing this point over and over while ignoring the realities of what's going on. The numbers in the US continue to skyrocket. This isn't some abstract debate. There are real people getting infected and dying everyday. It's only gotten worse as states follow your logic and open things up more. Are you basing your argument on some technicality or do you really believe everything should just be opened up and let the chips fall where they may? The chips in this case are people's lives. I'm seriously trying to understand where you're coming from.

How many times have the Fed's, State's or local governments enforced evacuation orders for other natural disasters? A hurricane heads for a city and people are forced to leave quite often. No one has had any problems with that. Sure, people defy those orders and risk their lives. This pandemic is a natural disaster too. The one major difference being you aren't just risking your life by defying a stay at home order. You're risking everyone's.
CelticBomber Offline
#20 Posted:
Joined: 05-03-2012
Posts: 5,389
Beuller... Beuller... Beuller?
Users browsing this topic
Guest