America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 6 days ago by tailgater. 113 replies replies.
3 Pages123>
Get your third shot right here!
Plowboy221 Offline
#1 Posted:
Joined: 03-03-2013
Posts: 4,767
Get your fourth shot right hereeee, get fifth shot right over derrrr. Line em up an jab em, keep on stabbin them right here, look there’s another new variant. You must be vaccinated every four to five months our your gonna die!!!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/07/28/health/pfizer-third-dose-data-bn/index.html
DrMaddVibe Offline
#2 Posted:
Joined: 10-21-2000
Posts: 52,916
Guaranteed to work...guaranteed good....git yer vaccines....get yer vaccines he-ah!

Gonna be a real shooting gallery fer sure!
rfenst Offline
#3 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 37,187
Plowboy221 wrote:
Get your fourth shot right hereeee, get fifth shot HOPING TO GET IT RIGHT. right over derrrr. Line em up an jab em, keep on stabbin them right here, look there’s another new variant. You must be vaccinated every four to five months our your gonna die!!!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/07/28/health/pfizer-third-dose-data-bn/index.html

Meh.

Annual flu shots are similar in that they don't know which variants are going to be in play each year so they create a new "shot gun" type of vaccine hoping to have made a good educated guess. That is necessary every year to provide a modicum of resistance. I am comfortable with that and have taken the flu shot every year for the last 25+ or so years.

Certain vaccines are well known to require more than one dose, sometimes two, to be effective. If we have a new variant(s) and I can build anti-bodies to whatever variant(s) is/are out there at the time, I will gladly seek out the vaccination (unless I see something that concerns me).

YMMV
RayR Offline
#4 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 6,467
DrMaddVibe wrote:
Guaranteed to work...guaranteed good....git yer vaccines....get yer vaccines he-ah!

Gonna be a real shooting gallery fer sure!


I betcha it doesn't come with a warranty and a money-back guarantee.
Government programs never do.Shhh Cursing
frankj1 Offline
#5 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 42,739
call Pfizer for your warranty
RayR Offline
#6 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 6,467
frankj1 wrote:
call Pfizer for your warranty


The gubment said they are immune from warrantying anything because the vaccines are a gubment funded project.
What did you think, this is a free market thing.?
BuckyB93 Offline
#7 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,833
frankj1 wrote:
call Pfizer for your warranty


Yeah, good luck with that.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/16/covid-vaccine-side-effects-compensation-lawsuit.html

Immunity, not from the virus but from the "cure", has been provided to the creators and the distributors.

Get your shot! Save the world.

"The quickest vaccine ever developed was for mumps. It took four years and was licensed in 1967. Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine was developed and cleared for emergency use in eight months — a fact that has fueled public mistrust of the coronavirus inoculation in the U.S."


Hmmm... but yet we shouldn't question the "experts." It's all good... line up and get the shot. Be part of the beta test.
teedubbya Offline
#8 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 95,637
I heard this years flu shot will be for the variants over 4 years ago and stuff because 4 years is the quickest. I also heard mRNA hasn't been worked on for years and don't recognize the value of working on components prior to specific need and just having to work on a smaller specific component to address new epidemics or pandemics and the fact that was the plan all along to reduce timeframes without cutting corners. Who knew this could happen. Who knew? Other than everyone involved. And I am glad they are laying the foundation for the next one and hope it is a quicker process yet.

When it comes to healthcare you should probably follow the advice of the uneducated and inexperienced over those wicked wicked experts. I'd especially be careful about going directly to the research and data. Bunch of liars. Go to internet sources that interpret them for you. Much easier to get your answer.

By the way the flu shot is a pretty poor vax in reality. mRNA is much better and is targeted. (and no antivaxers that does not mean perfect)


Fun fact.... I pointed out that fund a long time ago when someone (another antivaxer) in here wanted to bet the over under on lawsuits...... granted I just provided a link and didn't explain the implications since they thought they were being so smart. I just indicated I'd take the bet.... a guaranteed win for me.
BuckyB93 Offline
#9 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,833
rfenst wrote:
Meh.

Annual flu shots are similar in that they don't know which variants are going to be in play each year so they create a new "shot gun" type of vaccine hoping to have made a good educated guess. That is necessary every year to provide a modicum of resistance. I am comfortable with that and have taken the flu shot every year for the last 25+ or so years.

Certain vaccines are well known to require more than one dose, sometimes two, to be effective. If we have a new variant(s) and I can build anti-bodies to whatever variant(s) is/are out there at the time, I will gladly seek out the vaccination (unless I see something that concerns me).

YMMV



So you're comparing COVID with the flu? Anyone that mentioned such as a comparison would be berated.

But comparing the COVID vaccine (9 months old) with the flu vaccine (20 years-ish old??) is OK and all good on your end?

Transparency:
1) I don't do the flu vaccine. I haven't had the flu in... I don't remember how long. 25 yrs?? The last time I can place it, I sweated it out with hot and cold fever. Sort of bed ridden for a day or so... flipping though channels of DireTV. Landed on watching B&W movies... Orson Welles marathon on AMC or something. Citizen Kain totally sucked me in and would highly recommend it to anyone. (off topic)

2) The flu... I'm guilty of using it as an excuse to play hookie from work maybe once or twice a year. Today is gonna be one of those layabout... "cough, cough" sick days. No flu, no COVID, just a day... In MA you get somewhere on the order of 20 to 40 hrs un-paid sick time each year. Don't know specifics because I don't use it. If I'm sick or want a vacation, I use my earned paid vacation time. Today I chose to use a "cough, cough" sick day.

That said, I'm not big on getting shots for something I'm at a low risk of being infected with or even a lower risk of dying from. Even less so with something based on technology that never made it out of a lab until recently.

As for vaccines, I don't know if I've ever had a polio shot or a MMR vaccine and stuff... I probably did but I have no known record of it. I had to do the HEP shots for a previous job since there was a chance I could be exposed with bodily fluids (F-n gross, hated walking into that room to analyze used catheters. Loved the technology of heart catheters... super cool stuff, hated it when them when they came back if they failed).

I'm not an anti-vaxer. If someone wants to label me as such, so be it. My kids are up to date on the childhood vaxs. These vax have some time tested history behind them.

The COVID one, not so much. This is the rut I'm stuck in.

teedubbya Offline
#10 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 95,637
I specifically called the flu shot a poor vax compared to the mRNA (Covid) so if comparing means calling it very different color me guilty. Calling the flu shot 20 years old even though it's modified every year but not giving the same credence to mRNA shots is awesome.

You just can't make this **** up. LMAO


EDIT...... I misread and thought this was in response to me. It wasn't but I'll still leave it up. My bad.
BuckyB93 Offline
#11 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,833
teedubbya wrote:
I heard this years flu shot will be for the variants over 4 years ago and stuff because 4 years is the quickest. I also heard mRNA hasn't been worked on for years and don't recognize the value of working on components prior to specific need and just having to work on a smaller specific component to address new epidemics or pandemics and the fact that was the plan all along to reduce timeframes without cutting corners. Who knew this could happen. Who knew? Other than everyone involved. And I am glad they are laying the foundation for the next one and hope it is a quicker process yet.

When it comes to healthcare you should probably follow the advice of the uneducated and inexperienced over those wicked wicked experts. I'd especially be careful about going directly to the research and data. Bunch of liars. Go to internet sources that interpret them for you. Much easier to get your answer.

By the way the flu shot is a pretty poor vax in reality. mRNA is much better and is targeted. (and no antivaxers that does not mean perfect)


Fun fact.... I pointed out that fund a long time ago when someone (another antivaxer) in here wanted to bet the over under on lawsuits...... granted I just provided a link and didn't explain the implications since they thought they were being so smart. I just indicated I'd take the bet.... a guaranteed win for me.



Congrats on the win. You find solace that nobody will be held accountable should any detrimental effects result from the vaccine? Rhetorical question.

When do you plan of coughing up your list of mRMA vaccines that have been approved by the FDA. You claim that there are bunch of them...

Simple question, looking for a simple answers for us simpletons.
teedubbya Offline
#12 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 95,637
Your blind spot cracks me up. Do your own homework but expand beyond your blind spot. I explained it in another thread but you can't see it. But if you really read something I typed out this morning and think....really think, you will get it. I'm not gonna put the time in to it especially when your lack of understanding misrepresents what you say my "claims" are. You've already demonstrated the inevitable result repeatedly.

Make your own choices. I just hope others don't chose based on your misguided and misinformed opinion that you feel so strongly about. That is my only concern. I honestly don't care what you chose and genuinely wish you good health.
teedubbya Offline
#13 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 95,637
Oh and I can argue either side of the fund as it applies to immunizations as a whole. (Covid is slightly different but same concept). It is a very debatable concept and very solid arguments can be made on both sides. I'm not making the argument about good or bad on it but could argue either (necessary to really understand something well). It's just fact at this point. A fact that's nice to see the new internet experts discovering. I was simply amused that one of the new experts was unaware of it when making one of their anti vax proclamations. They never did catch or understand what I was saying. I suppose that is my fault but I am ok with that.

Now go learn more about the history and the reasons for and against and you will be ready for a more in depth discussion about it. We had really robust arguments about it in one of my masters classes a couple decades ago.
BuckyB93 Offline
#14 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,833
teedubbya wrote:
I specifically called the flu shot a poor vax compared to the mRNA (Covid) so if comparing means calling it very different color me guilty. Calling the flu shot 20 years old even though it's modified every year but not giving the same credence to mRNA shots is awesome.

You just can't make this **** up. LMAO


The flu shot is available every year and tweaked each year based on what the experts feel will be the dominate/most prevalent strain that year. It's a shot in the dark. Official records have only been tracking the effectivity of the flu since 2003-ish. (Sorry I rounded down on the 20 years thing, remind me to update in 2 years when we hit 2023).

On average, the basic flu shot is 40% effective. I'd have better luck betting on heads or tails in a coin flip.

But yet the Covid shot, based on 9 months emergency testing says it's 90%+ effective. Recent talks indicate there are signs that it may not be that effective and we should go get a "fill up" on our injections?



Question is still open: Name one other mRNA based vaccine, other than the COVID one, that has been fully approved by the FDA or any other world organization fit for use on humans. I'll even open it up to include any mammal - Man or beast.

_____________________________ [insert answer here]
teedubbya Offline
#15 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 95,637
Still the blind spot LMAO

I'm not arguing with you man. Knock yourself out. Don't get the shot and good luck to you. I just hope others do their own homework prior to reaching their conclusion. Better yet do your homework and talk to your doc. Don't rely on the internet, me, Bucky, or news entertainment sources. Most of all don't rely on politicians.
HockeyDad Offline
#16 Posted:
Joined: 09-20-2000
Posts: 44,265
teedubbya wrote:
I specifically called the flu shot a poor vax compared to the mRNA (Covid) so if comparing means calling it very different color me guilty. Calling the flu shot 20 years old even though it's modified every year but not giving the same credence to mRNA shots is awesome.

You just can't make this **** up. LMAO


EDIT...... I misread and thought this was in response to me. It wasn't but I'll still leave it up. My bad.


Your apology is accepted.
MACS Offline
#17 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 76,501
Beware of the third wave of propaganda and a new strain of bullchit... Mellow
Speyside Offline
#18 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 13,106
I'll answer your question. There are none and that is relevant. There are also many other points that are relevant. I think the right question for all folks is this. Based on all of the information available what is my best choice. For me this is weighing the risk-benifit of being vaccinated and weighing the risk benifit of not being vaccinated. I am frustrated with the amount of disinformation. I believe the right spreads exponentially more disinformation than the left. Please note that is just my opinion. The left also has spread some disinformation. Also their messaging hasn't worked well enough. I think everyone fully grown would benefit from vaccination. I know no one should be forced to be vaccinated. I have reservations about growing children being vaccinated. Again, just my opinion. So like usual, I overspoke and probably offended almost everyone. Though I did answer your question.
Brewha Offline
#19 Posted:
Joined: 01-25-2010
Posts: 11,050
So….. it there were a shot to fix stupid, 40% of Americans would not take it.

Because that are so very very smart…..
BuckyB93 Offline
#20 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,833
No worries Brewha, if there was a stupid shot you don't need one. I'm pretty sure it's already in your DNA.

frankj1 Offline
#21 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 42,739
it's all about the RNA
BuckyB93 Offline
#22 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,833


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX3kxAA2L4Q
frankj1 Offline
#23 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 42,739
wonder whatever happened to my old Martin Mull albums
BuckyB93 Offline
#24 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,833
Maybe the same demise with all my hundreds of 60's, 70's 80's vinyl. Sold them for a buck a piece in a yard sale.

I'm now buying new ones back at $20-ish because my son likes classic rock and wants to collect "vintage" albums. (Why the Frank* didn't he tell me that 10 years ago when he helped me peddle them at our yard sale for pocket change?... stupid kids... I'm taking out of his college fund and get him a job at Walmart).


*Would you mind if we use "Frank" as the new unedited C-bid version of FU!K. Easier to spell and type, and don't need to add special characters to pass through the censors. No disrespect... you could be the C-bid Franker along with the C-bid tripod. Serve a dual role in disguise until you drop your pants.
frankj1 Offline
#25 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 42,739
BuckyB93 wrote:
Maybe the same demise with all my hundreds of 60's, 70's 80's vinyl. Sold them for a buck a piece in a yard sale.

I'm now buying new ones back at $20-ish because my son likes classic rock and wants to collect "vintage" albums. (Why the Frank* didn't he tell me that 10 years ago when he helped me peddle them at our yard sale for pocket change?... stupid kids... I'm taking out of his college fund and get him a job at Walmart).


*Would you mind if we use "Frank" is the new unedited Cbid version of FU!K. Easier to spell and type, and don't need to add special characters to pass through the censors. No disrespect. But you could be the Cbid Franker along with the Cbid tripod.

Frank yeah! I am humbled.

but you should probably clear it with other Frank streetrod.
BuckyB93 Offline
#26 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,833
frankj1 wrote:
Frank yeah! I am humbled.

but you should probably clear it with other Frank streetrod.



True... true. I don't make the rules though. I just bend them a bit. Since he doesn't post here as often maybe he can be lower case [email protected] Less aggressive.

Frank you A-hol3

vs

I don't give a frank
HockeyDad Offline
#27 Posted:
Joined: 09-20-2000
Posts: 44,265
BuckyB93 wrote:
Maybe the same demise with all my hundreds of 60's, 70's 80's vinyl. Sold them for a buck a piece in a yard sale.

I'm now buying new ones back at $20-ish because my son likes classic rock and wants to collect "vintage" albums. (Why the Frank* didn't he tell me that 10 years ago when he helped me peddle them at our yard sale for pocket change?... stupid kids... I'm taking out of his college fund and get him a job at Walmart).


*Would you mind if we use "Frank" as the new unedited C-bid version of FU!K. Easier to spell and type, and don't need to add special characters to pass through the censors. No disrespect... you could be the C-bid Franker along with the C-bid tripod. Serve a dual role in disguise until you drop your pants.


Frank yeah!
MACS Offline
#28 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 76,501
frankj1 wrote:
it's all about the RNA


BAZINGA! That was good...
MACS Offline
#29 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 76,501
I had my two shots, alright!!!

























Of Tequila...
rfenst Offline
#30 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 37,187
Franking great idea!
RayR Offline
#31 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 6,467
I could use 2 shots of Tequila right now.
bgz Offline
#32 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 13,023
I knew you were a lightweight.
Speyside Offline
#33 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 13,106
Man what a racist you are. Picking on a weight challenged individual! Wait, that would only be if he was a fat slob. My bad. Man I am communicationally challenged.
bgz Offline
#34 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 13,023
Man... I've met horizontally blessed individuals who can get drunk off two shots. I think that would be a "weightist".
RayR Offline
#35 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 6,467
bgz wrote:
I knew you were a lightweight.


Yes, I am on the slender side...about 6ft. 200lb.
I hear there are a lot of short fat people here.
bgz Offline
#36 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 13,023
6'1" 200lbs here
RayR Offline
#37 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 6,467
bgz wrote:
6'1" 200lbs here


My driver license says I'm 6'-01"

I used to be 6'1" 175lb but you shrink a little with age and sometimes gain in weight.
bgz Offline
#38 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 13,023
Yeah... I used to be a big 6'1"
RayR Offline
#39 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 6,467
bgz wrote:
Yeah... I used to be a big 6'1"


I didn't ask to know the size of your d*ck.
bgz Offline
#40 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 13,023
But got more padding and girth!

Tradeoffs.
Speyside Offline
#41 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 13,106
I 100% want a booster shot for myself as long as it contains specificity for the Delta varient, in fact the sooner the better. So is everyone else in my circle of friends and family.
Plowboy221 Offline
#42 Posted:
Joined: 03-03-2013
Posts: 4,767
This aged well……
MACS Offline
#43 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 76,501
Plowboy221 wrote:
This aged well……


Yeah... I'm not gonna type what I'm thinking. Let's say it aged well if you're not a certain someone.
HockeyDad Offline
#44 Posted:
Joined: 09-20-2000
Posts: 44,265
I gotta get my third shot so I can get my fourth shot. And still wear a mask.
Dg west deptford Offline
#45 Posted:
Joined: 05-25-2019
Posts: 2,834
HUGE: CDC and Big Pharma Data Confirm that More Children will Die from COVID Vaccine than from the COVID Virus
tailgater Offline
#46 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 26,070
rfenst wrote:
Meh.

Annual flu shots are similar in that they don't know which variants are going to be in play each year so they create a new "shot gun" type of vaccine hoping to have made a good educated guess. That is necessary every year to provide a modicum of resistance. I am comfortable with that and have taken the flu shot every year for the last 25+ or so years.

Certain vaccines are well known to require more than one dose, sometimes two, to be effective. If we have a new variant(s) and I can build anti-bodies to whatever variant(s) is/are out there at the time, I will gladly seek out the vaccination (unless I see something that concerns me).

YMMV


What about those who rarely or never get a flu shot?
I've had one flu shot in my adult life. I was at the clinic and the pretty nurse suggested it. I'm not against them so I said "sure".
Ironically enough, that was one of the rare years I actually DID get the flu. I imagine it may have been even more severe without the shot, but we'll never know.

In any event, I'm in favor of having the booster available for those who choose to get it.

ZRX1200 Offline
#47 Posted:
Joined: 07-08-2007
Posts: 58,023
Kyle got 3 shot
BuckyB93 Offline
#48 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,833
Historically, the effectiveness of the annual flu shot is less than 50%, often times much lower. Vegas wouldn't even take that bet. Facts not opinion.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-work/past-seasons-estimates.html

Notice the footnotes at the bottom Re: 2020-2021 flue vax effectiveness. "**2020-2021 influenza vaccine effectiveness was not estimated due to low influenza virus circulation during the 2020-2021 influenza season."

Low flu virus circulation they say... but the rona virus contaminated the very air you breathe and on everything you touched?

The real winners are the drug companies who sell it.

The rona vaccine is turning out to be another sham but people don't want to admit that. There's too much political and professional ego at stake to admit that maybe they were wrong (not to mention the truck loads of money that drug companies have raked in).

Save the world and protect those that you love, get the shot, and the follow up... and then the booster
- This public service announcement was brought to you by Pfizer (our next round of boosters will simply be saline solution. It's just as effective without all the R&D, less chance of side effects and easier to manufacture, distribute and store).
BuckyB93 Offline
#49 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,833
Four tee NINE!
Speyside2 Offline
#50 Posted:
Joined: 11-11-2021
Posts: 2,069
But Kyle was only 67% effective and one of them needed 4 shots to be effective.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages123>