America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 1 day ago by Brewha. 515 replies replies.
11 Pages<123456789>»
Gas Prices...
MACS Offline
#101 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 75,480
$4.89 at Sam's club... Jiminy flippin' Christmas.

And... Let's Go Brandon.
Sunoverbeach Offline
#102 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 11,826
Come on now. He's working like the devil on it.

$4.25 here. Think that's +$0.60 in the past week now
tonygraz Offline
#103 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 18,361
Gas station usually stop at wemt from 3.99 Friday to 4.39 today. Nothing under $ 4 seen in Maine and Mass.on the way home today.
frankj1 Offline
#104 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 41,993
BuckyB93 wrote:
Topped off the battery on my e-bike. Didn't cost me anything.

like uh genius, I tell ya.
Krazeehorse Offline
#105 Posted:
Joined: 04-09-2010
Posts: 1,841
New personal record. $74 to fill a Honda.
frankj1 Offline
#106 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 41,993
did ya put the nozzle in the back window?
MACS Offline
#107 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 75,480
Krazeehorse wrote:
New personal record. $74 to fill a Honda.


I had 3/8 ths of a tank and it cost me $103 to fill up. 33 gallons is nice to have until you have to fill it up. Brick wall
Mike3316 Offline
#108 Posted:
Joined: 02-05-2022
Posts: 289
BuckyB93 wrote:
Topped off the battery on my e-bike. Didn't cost me anything.

What's your top speed on that thing? And what kind of range do you get? Asking for a friend. Anxious
Mike3316 Offline
#109 Posted:
Joined: 02-05-2022
Posts: 289
I bought a Ford Edge about a week before Brandon took office. My first fill-up cost me @ $25-$30. I filled my tank over the weekend and it cost me @ $65!!!!! Great job Brandon! You're my frickin hero. Brick wall
BuckyB93 Offline
#110 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,420
Mike3316 wrote:
What's your top speed on that thing? And what kind of range do you get? Asking for a friend. Anxious


State laws limit the top speed to under 20 MPH. Above that it's not considered a bike but a motor vehicle and you'd have to register it, put a license plate on it, safety inspections, excise tax (here in MA)... like you would as a scooter or moped. The controller settings from the manufacturer has a setting that limits it to just under 20 MPH so they can sell it as a bike and not a motor vehicle.

Mine peaks out 19.8 MPH on a flat straight away. I can go into the controller settings and change the default max speed or eliminate it all together if I want. From what I read, the bike I have it can get up to 35+ MPH on flat road if the top speed setting in the controller is removed.

With the battery I have and depending on the terrain, it's range is quoted to be about 30 mi on a full battery and running on full electric mode. You can increase the range to 50-60 mi if you assist by peddling. It's about 5 hrs to recharge from 0-100%.

This is the one I bought. Actually bought 2.
https://tinyurl.com/cyjvej8a
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfLWFaLa2b0
One for me, one for my son & daughter that they share. We all have a regular peddle cycles too but it's fun to buzz around on the e-bike.
When I bought them last fall they were around $550 with taxes and shipping. Looks like they are now around $600 before taxes and shipping.

It's pretty low end on the e-bike spectrum, I just use it to buzz around town for errands or appointments and stuff if the weather is good or to just get out for some fresh air.

In some cases, it's faster to get from point A to point B than using a car. With a bike you can cut corners through parking lots and short cuts that cars can't do. Don't have to worry about 1 way streets, can glide past cars waiting at the stop lights and stuff. I maybe use it once a week since it's still winter here. I'll probably use it more in the summer when it's not 20° F outside with snow and slush on the roads.
8trackdisco Offline
#111 Posted:
Joined: 11-06-2004
Posts: 56,820
frankj1 wrote:
like uh genius, I tell ya.


Where did you top it off for free?
deadeyedick Offline
#112 Posted:
Joined: 03-13-2003
Posts: 14,606
Like I told bgz, sell that engine and get a motor! You all know you will sooner or later.
Sunoverbeach Offline
#113 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 11,826
Let us know when how the electric conversion for the Vette is coming Whistle
MACS Offline
#114 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 75,480
Mike3316 wrote:
I bought a Ford Edge about a week before Brandon took office. My first fill-up cost me @ $25-$30. I filled my tank over the weekend and it cost me @ $65!!!!! Great job Brandon! You're my frickin hero. Brick wall


Nothing is built. Nothing is back. And certainly nothing is better.

#LGB #FJB
deadeyedick Offline
#115 Posted:
Joined: 03-13-2003
Posts: 14,606
Sunoverbeach wrote:
Let us know when how the electric conversion for the Vette is coming :-"


Blasphemy!!

Loud and proud with that one.
BuckyB93 Offline
#116 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,420
8trackdisco wrote:
Where did you top it off for free?


My rent is all inclusive including utilities and other stuff like gym, outdoor pool in the summer (which I don't use) ... so technically, it's not free. It's just no extra charge until next year when it's time to update the lease (typically goes up $25-50/month per year).

For me, it's still not a bad gig considering the big picture of not having to do home maintenance, landscaping, snow removal, trash, property tax and crap like that. The downside is I don't gain any equity in the money I pay if I were to "own" a house.

It's either pay the property management rent and they cover all the stuff or buy a house (house prices are crazy high now) and pay the bank/mortgage company "rent" and still have to cover all the extras for the next 30 yrs. By the time I pay off a new mortgage, I'll likely be a babbling idiot in diapers again (there's a softball served up... right down the sweet spot).
HockeyDad Offline
#117 Posted:
Joined: 09-20-2000
Posts: 43,503
“Buses are for people who can’t afford expensive gasoline” ~ elite Democrat leadership
Krazeehorse Offline
#118 Posted:
Joined: 04-09-2010
Posts: 1,841
Well Russian fuel imports have been banned now I guess so I would expect accelerated increases in prices. But at the same time I prefer to only finance one side of the war. So I'll pony up or cut out the elective driving.
8trackdisco Offline
#119 Posted:
Joined: 11-06-2004
Posts: 56,820
BuckyB93 wrote:
My rent is all inclusive including utilities and other stuff like gym, outdoor pool in the summer (which I don't use) ... so technically, it's not free. It's just no extra charge until next year when it's time to update the lease (typically goes up $25-50/month per year).

For me, it's still not a bad gig considering the big picture of not having to do home maintenance, landscaping, snow removal, trash, property tax and crap like that. The downside is I don't gain any equity in the money I pay if I were to "own" a house.

It's either pay the property management rent and they cover all the stuff or buy a house (house prices are crazy high now) and pay the bank/mortgage company "rent" and still have to cover all the extras for the next 30 yrs. By the time I pay off a new mortgage, I'll likely be a babbling idiot in diapers again (there's a softball served up... right down the sweet spot).


'"It's just no extra charge".

Technically, you are getting an Extra Charge- for no extra charge. Whistle
Mr. Jones Offline
#120 Posted:
Joined: 06-12-2005
Posts: 16,884
$4.45 for regular in central pa today
Mr. Jones Offline
#121 Posted:
Joined: 06-12-2005
Posts: 16,884
Has anyone seen those 2-3" little sticker decals with Joe Stranosa pointing to the left and the cartoon cloud above his noggin that says...

"I did that" ....on your local gas pumps?

I've seen about 10 over the last year ..
Mike3316 Offline
#122 Posted:
Joined: 02-05-2022
Posts: 289
HockeyDad wrote:
“Buses are for people who can’t afford expensive gasoline” ~ elite Democrat leadership

Funny thing is that most of the Democrat "leadership" in Washington have a government supplied vehichle and a government paid gas card. So they dont' even have to pay for the gas increase that they're foisting on the rest of us. Brick wall
JGKAMIN Offline
#123 Posted:
Joined: 05-08-2011
Posts: 858
Mr. Jones wrote:
Has anyone seen those 2-3" little sticker decals with Joe Stranosa pointing to the left and the cartoon cloud above his noggin that says...

"I did that" ....on your local gas pumps?

I've seen about 10 over the last year ..

I see them every time I go by a gas pump, but as fast as they go on there they’re being pulled off by somebody in denial.
Thunder.Gerbil Offline
#124 Posted:
Joined: 11-02-2006
Posts: 121,337
Mr. Jones wrote:
Has anyone seen those 2-3" little sticker decals with Joe Stranosa pointing to the left and the cartoon cloud above his noggin that says...

"I did that" ....on your local gas pumps?

I've seen about 10 over the last year ..


What's a gas pump?

Only things I own that are gas powered are lawn tools and chainsaws. I wouldn't put CA's ethanol dosed pump gas in those.
ZRX1200 Offline
#125 Posted:
Joined: 07-08-2007
Posts: 57,451
Everyone knows gerbils run on cocaine.
Thunder.Gerbil Offline
#126 Posted:
Joined: 11-02-2006
Posts: 121,337
ZRX1200 wrote:
Everyone knows gerbils run on cocaine.


Bean chili. It's good for distance shots.
Speyside2 Offline
#127 Posted:
Joined: 11-11-2021
Posts: 2,049
This simply is fear mongering, the oil supply has not decreased.
ZRX1200 Offline
#128 Posted:
Joined: 07-08-2007
Posts: 57,451
I think you spelled manipulating the public for speculative profiting wrong…..maybe I’m wrong
frankj1 Offline
#129 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 41,993
Speyside2 wrote:
This simply is fear mongering, the oil supply has not decreased.

exactly!
some actually believe that capitalism is pure. Operating under the best system doesn't mean relax and have blind trust.
No shortage. no demand exceeding supply...by the "laws" prices should not have gone up.
frankj1 Offline
#130 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 41,993
ZRX1200 wrote:
I think you spelled manipulating the public for speculative profiting wrong…..maybe I’m wrong

maybe you're not
RayR Offline
#131 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 5,929
frankj1 wrote:
exactly!
some actually believe that capitalism is pure. Operating under the best system doesn't mean relax and have blind trust.
No shortage. no demand exceeding supply...by the "laws" prices should not have gone up.


Frank, the oil industry has only sporadically operated under something resembling "capitalism". When it did producers' competed freely with minimal gubment interference to provide the consumer with the quality product they desired at the lowest prices.
Clearly, especially under Biden, they are operating under an economic fascist system.

Gene363 Offline
#132 Posted:
Joined: 01-24-2003
Posts: 28,234

I checked the Kelly Blue Book Site today.

I wanted to know what my current ride was worth.

It asked if the tank was full or empty.
Sunoverbeach Offline
#133 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 11,826
My newfound and incredibly limited knowledge on the subject indicates that oil price is not set on the traditional supply/demand metric, but rather on oil futures. So if investors get spooked by perceived instability, say hypothetically, one large world power invading another country, chit's gonna go up.
frankj1 Offline
#134 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 41,993
RayR wrote:
Frank, the oil industry has only sporadically operated under something resembling "capitalism". When it did producers' competed freely with minimal gubment interference to provide the consumer with the quality product they desired at the lowest prices.
Clearly, especially under Biden, they are operating under an economic fascist system.


that's an ideal that is quite often abused, sadly.
Idealism is wonderful.
Reality is a different animal.
It would be great if it happened far more often in many industries.

MACS Offline
#135 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 75,480
The gov't makes more money off the sale of a gallon of gas than the oil companies.

THAT is the problem.
Whistlebritches Offline
#136 Posted:
Joined: 04-23-2006
Posts: 21,713
MACS wrote:
The gov't makes more money off the sale of a gallon of gas than the oil companies.

THAT is the problem.



Ding Ding Ding........we have a winner

$4 **** ing bucks in Texas.............. Unfuggin heard of

I live 75 miles from a refinery that literally processes hundreds of thousands barrels of oil pipelined in from the Midland/Odessa (Permian Basin) area.


FJB , LGB
MACS Offline
#137 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 75,480
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEALf2I-9b0

Joe Biden's policies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7rn_74UG-s

Trump predicting it would happen... and Joe blaming everyone but his own policies.
Burner02 Offline
#138 Posted:
Joined: 12-21-2010
Posts: 12,464
I put in close to 600 miles behind the wheel over the past couple of days.

Wed, Buc-ee's on I-10, $4.099. The wife filled up her ride in Foley the same day at $4.199 per gallon.

Wed, prices in Birmingham were $4.299.

Thur, Tuscaloosa, $4.059.
MACS Offline
#139 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 75,480
Regular at Costco... cheapest you'll find... $5.399

It's **** ridiculous. Wife drives 65 miles to work. Told her she's likely earning just enough to pay for her **** gas at this point.
BuckyB93 Offline
#140 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,420
About $4.40 here
deadeyedick Offline
#141 Posted:
Joined: 03-13-2003
Posts: 14,606
Costco $4.299
tonygraz Offline
#142 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 18,361
Saw where one station about 60 miles from here at $ 4.09. $4.40s in my area.
Stogie1020 Offline
#143 Posted:
Joined: 12-19-2019
Posts: 3,314
Speyside2 wrote:
This simply is fear mongering, the oil supply has not decreased.

So, you are saying that the futures market (for any commodity really) is not a good predictor of the future of that market?

The market understands that in a few weeks, the ships from Russia with barrels of Russian oil that the current demand requires will suddenly not be arriving. As a result, they indicate that the demand is projected to be higher than the supply, and, as any third grader could predict, the price of oil goes up. Not because the barrel hitting the shores today cost any more to produce, but because the market is reacting to impending anticipated (and highly likely) shortfalls in production versus current demand.

It's not "fear mongering", it's a realstic near-term prediction.
Gene363 Offline
#144 Posted:
Joined: 01-24-2003
Posts: 28,234
Still only: $1.39

Available at Taco Bell
HockeyDad Offline
#145 Posted:
Joined: 09-20-2000
Posts: 43,503
$6.29 for 91 octane.
$5.99 for regular
Plowboy221 Offline
#146 Posted:
Joined: 03-03-2013
Posts: 4,615
4.59 for premium, 65.61 to fill the car up
4.59 for diesel, 58.41 to top the pickup off.

124.02 spent yesterday
delta1 Offline
#147 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 27,369
we're looking to get a plug in electric for our next vehicle purchase...daughter and SIL are considering the same...

after more than a century of dominance in the world economy, the fossil fuel industry (the actual folks responsible for the price of gasoline) is beginning it's slow fade
MACS Offline
#148 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 75,480
Yeah... it's not government regulation or taxation that's responsible for it.

C'mon, man...
Gene363 Offline
#149 Posted:
Joined: 01-24-2003
Posts: 28,234
delta1 wrote:
we're looking to get a plug in electric for our next vehicle purchase...daughter and SIL are considering the same...

after more than a century of dominance in the world economy, the fossil fuel industry (the actual folks responsible for the price of gasoline) is beginning it's slow fade


Chances are quite high the electricity to charge that electric vehicle will come from fossil fuel for some time to come.
Palama Offline
#150 Posted:
Joined: 02-05-2013
Posts: 19,768
delta1 wrote:
we're looking to get a plug in electric for our next vehicle purchase...daughter and SIL are considering the same...

after more than a century of dominance in the world economy, the fossil fuel industry (the actual folks responsible for the price of gasoline) is beginning it's slow fade


Iffin’ we had solar, I’d seriously consider an electric vehicle next time we get something but since we don’t, I’d be more comfortable with a hybrid.

Perhaps someday there’ll be vehicles with solar panel roofs, trunks and other body parts that will allow for (fast) charging while driving? Think
Users browsing this topic
Guest
11 Pages<123456789>»