America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 2 weeks ago by delta1. 900 replies replies.
18 Pages<123456789>»
MACS to Florida Journey Journal
ZRX1200 Offline
#51 Posted:
Joined: 07-08-2007
Posts: 57,732
HockeyDad wrote:
Types of people that leave California:

1. People whose incomes have not kept up with the price of housing and they’ve come to the realization that they can never buy a home here. We call these the “middle class”.

2. People who own a home and have decent equity. They can sell, retire, and move and buy a new house for cash and drive up the local housing market at their destination. With their newfound spare time they can then run for HOAs, city commission, and county commission and begin to enact change to make the new destination just like California.

3. People who are fine with living in tiny houses and selling tie dye t-shirts and smoke pot all day. These people go to Oregon, Washington, and Colorado.



FYI #2 & 3 are often the same and we call them “Equity Refugees” .

You, MACS, are welcome to join my man KOC moving up here.
MACS Offline
#52 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 75,897
WTF for?? Oregon is California light... and catching up fast.
madspackler Offline
#53 Posted:
Joined: 03-07-2000
Posts: 3,585
MACS wrote:
Navy base is not a must have... just a nice to have. Near P-cola woudn't be bad, I don't think. *shrug*


I'm thinking you should be looking at the Flora/Bama/SIP Gulf Coast. Nice weather, maybe not SoCal nice but still nice. Plenty of access to the Gulf or intercoastal. Lots of fishing available. SEC football. NOLA is just a couple of hours away. Pensacola NAS and the Blue Angels and Eglin AFB in the middle of things. What is not to like?

Spend a vacation week driving along the Gulf from Panama City north thru Destin and the panhandle, into Orange Beach/Gulf Shores, then Gulfport/Biloxi, thru Pass Christian and Bay St. Louis. I think you will be pleased with what you see.
Abrignac Offline
#54 Posted:
Joined: 02-24-2012
Posts: 16,201
madspackler wrote:
I'm thinking you should be looking at the Flora/Bama/SIP Gulf Coast. Nice weather, maybe not SoCal nice but still nice. Plenty of access to the Gulf or intercoastal. Lots of fishing available. SEC football. NOLA is just a couple of hours away. Pensacola NAS and the Blue Angels and Eglin AFB in the middle of things. What is not to like?

Spend a vacation week driving along the Gulf from Panama City north thru Destin and the panhandle, into Orange Beach/Gulf Shores, then Gulfport/Biloxi, thru Pass Christian and Bay St. Louis. I think you will be pleased with what you see.


Not to mention the Beau Rivage. Might be a good place to have an annual Gulf Coast herf.
Burner02 Offline
#55 Posted:
Joined: 12-21-2010
Posts: 12,491
WARNING: If traveling I-10 through lower Alabama do not exit at Exit 49. If you do, turn into Buc-ees, fuel up and return to I-10. If you make the mistake of traveling 25 miles south to Orange Beach/Gulf Shores, you may never leave.

If this were to occur, I could be a tour guide for a couple of drinks a day.
frankj1 Offline
#56 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 42,402
Burner02 wrote:
WARNING: If traveling I-10 through lower Alabama do not exit at Exit 49. If you do, turn into Buc-ees, fuel up and return to I-10. If you make the mistake of traveling 25 miles south to Orange Beach/Gulf Shores, you may never leave.

If this were to occur, I could be a tour guide for a couple of drinks a day.

and what's the downside?
DrMaddVibe Offline
#57 Posted:
Joined: 10-21-2000
Posts: 52,454
Burner02 wrote:
WARNING: If traveling I-10 through lower Alabama do not exit at Exit 49. If you do, turn into Buc-ees, fuel up and return to I-10. If you make the mistake of traveling 25 miles south to Orange Beach/Gulf Shores, you may never leave.

If this were to occur, I could be a tour guide for a couple of drinks a day.



When you know...you know.

Herfing

Daytona and soon to be Ocala.
Burner02 Offline
#58 Posted:
Joined: 12-21-2010
Posts: 12,491
frankj1 wrote:
and what's the downside?


Nothing other than maybe the snowbirds.
Burner02 Offline
#59 Posted:
Joined: 12-21-2010
Posts: 12,491
DrMaddVibe wrote:
When you know...you know.

Herfing

Daytona and soon to be Ocala.



You mean you are not taking the bait and heading to N.Y.?
DrMaddVibe Offline
#60 Posted:
Joined: 10-21-2000
Posts: 52,454
Lol...even NYers want out.

For anyone wanting to go back...to that???

Thats Stockholm Syndrome by definition.

I was referring to Bucees.
deadeyedick Offline
#61 Posted:
Joined: 03-13-2003
Posts: 14,796
frankj1 wrote:
and what's the downside?


Well, there is that article from the national hurricane forecasters that predicts an above average 19 named storms of which 9 will become hurricanes for this season and a 70% chance that at lease one of hurricane force will hit the area this year. But they have been wrong before. Pray
frankj1 Offline
#62 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 42,402
deadeyedick wrote:
Well, there is that article from the national hurricane forecasters that predicts an above average 19 named storms of which 9 will become hurricanes for this season and a 70% chance that at lease one of hurricane force will hit the area this year. But they have been wrong before. Pray

worth it for a guided drink tour with Burner!
deadeyedick Offline
#63 Posted:
Joined: 03-13-2003
Posts: 14,796
frankj1 wrote:
worth it for a guided drink tour with Burner!


And I agree! And some green egg brisket?
dkeage Offline
#64 Posted:
Joined: 03-05-2004
Posts: 14,435
DrMaddVibe wrote:
Lol...even NYers want out.

For anyone wanting to go back...to that???

Thats Stockholm Syndrome by definition.

I was referring to Bucees.


Bout time y’all got on the Bucees train!
HockeyDad Offline
#65 Posted:
Joined: 09-20-2000
Posts: 43,915
deadeyedick wrote:
Well, there is that article from the national hurricane forecasters that predicts an above average 19 named storms of which 9 will become hurricanes for this season and a 70% chance that at lease one of hurricane force will hit the area this year. But they have been wrong before. Pray


They make that s$&t up.
madspackler Offline
#66 Posted:
Joined: 03-07-2000
Posts: 3,585
I’m liking the Beau Rivage Gulf Coast Herf Idea Anthony. Might need to start making plans.
BuckyB93 Offline
#67 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,625
I'm totally ready for a move. My first destination would be in WI for personal/family reasons. Why no thread about me?

I'm gonna rage quit this forum!
BuckyB93 Offline
#68 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,625
This is my last post
BuckyB93 Offline
#69 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,625
Well, I can't leave a sixty NINE hanging.

(No frank a.k.a three tracks in the snow jokes) this is serious stuff
izonfire Offline
#70 Posted:
Joined: 12-09-2013
Posts: 8,443
My post blocker is no longer blocking Bucky’s posts!
WTF!!!!!! Rage quit time for me!!!!!

Sayonara a$$holes!!!!!!!!!!
frankj1 Offline
#71 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 42,402
BuckyB93 wrote:
Well, I can't leave a sixty NINE hanging.

(No frank a.k.a three tracks in the snow jokes) this is serious stuff

I can't recall ever seeing you this worked up!
Might be time for an intervention herf...
Ram27 Offline
#72 Posted:
Joined: 04-30-2005
Posts: 46,144
Y'all packing yet Mackie?
Will it be Florida or some other southern state?


Decisions must be made.Brick wall
8trackdisco Offline
#73 Posted:
Joined: 11-06-2004
Posts: 57,171
Ram27 wrote:
Y'all packing yet Mackie?
Will it be Florida or some other southern state?

Decisions must be made.Brick wall


Yeah, he seems to have the immediacy of the Russian military column that sat on the road for thirty days without moving.

C'mon Shawny-MACS. Subtracting 8 hours to sleep, 2 hours of time for meals and clean up and a 2 hour walk of Tank and an hour for a dump and coffee, it leaves you 11 hours a day to build your plan to gtfo of Cali.

Your sad ass is going to drag this out, isn't it. (sigh)
MACS Offline
#74 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 75,897
Sure... pulling up roots from a place you've lived for 22 years is easy as pie. Moving across the country, selling one house and trying to buy another in the times we're living in?

Pfffft... I should have been done weeks ago. Not to mention my wife will be out of the country visiting family for a month in a week or so. Shall I move while she is gone and let her figure out WTF happened when she gets back?

ram27bat
frankj1 Offline
#75 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 42,402
MACS wrote:
Sure... pulling up roots from a place you've lived for 22 years is easy as pie. Moving across the country, selling one house and trying to buy another in the times we're living in?

Pfffft... I should have been done weeks ago. Not to mention my wife will be out of the country visiting family for a month in a week or so. Shall I move while she is gone and let her figure out WTF happened when she gets back?

ram27bat

the new owners will probably tell her.
HockeyDad Offline
#76 Posted:
Joined: 09-20-2000
Posts: 43,915
MACS wrote:
Sure... pulling up roots from a place you've lived for 22 years is easy as pie. Moving across the country, selling one house and trying to buy another in the times we're living in?

Pfffft... I should have been done weeks ago. Not to mention my wife will be out of the country visiting family for a month in a week or so. Shall I move while she is gone and let her figure out WTF happened when she gets back?

ram27bat


I’m gonna beat you out of California!
Gene363 Offline
#77 Posted:
Joined: 01-24-2003
Posts: 28,518
Am I smelling fear and procrastination? It better not be deeply suppressed California communism oozing out. fog
Gene363 Offline
#78 Posted:
Joined: 01-24-2003
Posts: 28,518
HockeyDad wrote:
I’m gonna beat you out of California!


A challenge has been issued!
HockeyDad Offline
#79 Posted:
Joined: 09-20-2000
Posts: 43,915
Gene363 wrote:
A challenge has been issued!


The gauntlet has been thrown down.
Burner02 Offline
#80 Posted:
Joined: 12-21-2010
Posts: 12,491
deadeyedick wrote:
And I agree! And some green egg brisket?



It can be done.
DrMaddVibe Offline
#81 Posted:
Joined: 10-21-2000
Posts: 52,454
HockeyDad wrote:
I’m gonna beat you out of California!



Lemme guess...you're moving to JAX too?Herfing
Burner02 Offline
#82 Posted:
Joined: 12-21-2010
Posts: 12,491
MACS wrote:
Shall I move while she is gone and let her figure out WTF happened when she gets back?



There will be some exciting times when she finds your azz!
8trackdisco Offline
#83 Posted:
Joined: 11-06-2004
Posts: 57,171
MACS wrote:
Sure... pulling up roots from a place you've lived for 22 years is easy as pie. Moving across the country, selling one house and trying to buy another in the times we're living in?

Pfffft... I should have been done weeks ago. Not to mention my wife will be out of the country visiting family for a month in a week or so. Shall I move while she is gone and let her figure out WTF happened when she gets back?

ram27bat


Brother,
You are missing the intent of the thread and my inquiries.
It is a long process, with several steps, many of which neither you nor I fully understand, However (comma) you don’t make progress sitting down. Goal, strategy, tactics, and execution. Fire and move, fire and move, fire and move.

Yes, I’m yammering about chit you know 100 times more about than I do. I’m saying apply your military mission mindset to the moving mission. Each day, even a small step toward the goal gets you closer to the goal.

This should be fun, especially when you look back on the thread. Might help others as well hoping to escape.

One bite at a time. Eat the elephant (not in a sexual way).
deadeyedick Offline
#84 Posted:
Joined: 03-13-2003
Posts: 14,796
Gene363 wrote:
A challenge has been issued!


I'm betting on the gold toilet guy.
Sunoverbeach Offline
#85 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 12,522
MACS wrote:
Shall I move while she is gone and let her figure out WTF happened when she gets back?t

Yes. Then you should figure out a way to film her return, reaction, and consequent search for you. Make it a series for YouTube, TikTok, or maybe even Netflix. Easy money. Plenty left over after couples therapy.
HockeyDad Offline
#86 Posted:
Joined: 09-20-2000
Posts: 43,915
DrMaddVibe wrote:
Lemme guess...you're moving to JAX too?Herfing


Targeting south of Jax or Space Coast….or Texas hill country….or somewhere else we haven’t figured out yet like Savannah. Start site visits soon.

If we move to Florida it has to be some place I haven’t already lived.
CelticBomber Offline
#87 Posted:
Joined: 05-03-2012
Posts: 6,757
8trackdisco wrote:
Well, she's not a miracle worker but.. you know.


If you're managing to leave the house with your pants on the right way around she's working Miracles.
BuckyB93 Offline
#88 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,625
HockeyDad wrote:
Targeting south of Jax or Space Coast….or Texas hill country….or somewhere else we haven’t figured out yet like Savannah. Start site visits soon.

If we move to Florida it has to be some place I haven’t already lived.


Running from the long arm of the law?
BuckyB93 Offline
#89 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,625
Eighty NINE!
HockeyDad Offline
#90 Posted:
Joined: 09-20-2000
Posts: 43,915
BuckyB93 wrote:
Running from the long arm of the law?


No no. If that were the case I would head to South America with Mr Jones.

I’ve lived half my life in Florida so I know the state very well and don’t just want the same ole same ole.
Gene363 Offline
#91 Posted:
Joined: 01-24-2003
Posts: 28,518
HockeyDad wrote:
No no. If that were the case I would head to South America with Mr Jones.

I’ve lived half my life in Florida so I know the state very well and don’t just want the same ole same ole.


If you're considering Savannah, take a look at Charleston, SC.
MACS Offline
#92 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 75,897
8trackdisco wrote:
Brother,
You are missing the intent of the thread and my inquiries.
It is a long process, with several steps, many of which neither you nor I fully understand, However (comma) you don’t make progress sitting down. Goal, strategy, tactics, and execution. Fire and move, fire and move, fire and move.

Yes, I’m yammering about chit you know 100 times more about than I do. I’m saying apply your military mission mindset to the moving mission. Each day, even a small step toward the goal gets you closer to the goal.

This should be fun, especially when you look back on the thread. Might help others as well hoping to escape.

One bite at a time. Eat the elephant (not in a sexual way).


All good.

I'm slowly disappearing things from the house. Salvation Army is thankful. They got a whole lot of clothing recently, and a window AC unit that was rarely used. When the wife gets back from the trip, we'll push the pedal a little harder. Stuff in the garage will be donated... more stuff in the house will be donated... and once we decide how to sell, a "moving sale" will happen.

Anything that doesn't sell will be donated.

Plan is to keep what she "has to have" for memento purposes, and the new living room furniture and TV's... plus her curio cabinet and my cigar cabinet... then buy new sh*t when we get to where we're going. Wherever the hell that is.
deadeyedick Offline
#93 Posted:
Joined: 03-13-2003
Posts: 14,796
Gene363 wrote:
If you're considering Savannah, take a look at Charleston, SC.


I really liked Charleston but when the apocalypse hits it will be one of the 1st underwater along with Miami.
HockeyDad Offline
#94 Posted:
Joined: 09-20-2000
Posts: 43,915
deadeyedick wrote:
I really liked Charleston but when the apocalypse hits it will be one of the 1st underwater along with Miami.


Global warming has prolly already doomed Charleston.
Thunder.Gerbil Offline
#95 Posted:
Joined: 11-02-2006
Posts: 121,347
So shawnski is finally going to sh it or get off the pot?

unfucking believable. 15 years listening to the whining about CA and you're finally getting the balls to do something.

We'll miss you

Stogie1020 Offline
#96 Posted:
Joined: 12-19-2019
Posts: 3,498
From the back seat...


Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
deadeyedick Offline
#97 Posted:
Joined: 03-13-2003
Posts: 14,796
From Tank;

Hold my beer while I check out this big, flat coyote that just crawled out of the lake.
Sunoverbeach Offline
#98 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 12,522
*Macs quickly googling non-dinosaur dwelling states*
HockeyDad Offline
#99 Posted:
Joined: 09-20-2000
Posts: 43,915
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=imDnHIzzu58&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR3ESBLJfmAIbkWX_A_kRKgv__FGAClkVcW74eyZ-nNtQ83zWGF5RfEVs5k

Why is everyone leaving California
8trackdisco Offline
#100 Posted:
Joined: 11-06-2004
Posts: 57,171
Thunder.Gerbil wrote:
So shawnski is finally going to sh it or get off the pot?

unfucking believable. 15 years listening to the whining about CA and you're finally getting the balls to do something.

We'll miss you



You betchure ascot he is! He'll no longer be living in Cali in another 15 years!
Users browsing this topic
Guest (3)
18 Pages<123456789>»