America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 6 hours ago by Gene363. 776 replies replies.
16 Pages<123456789>»
MACS to Florida Journey Journal
deadeyedick Offline
#101 Posted:
Joined: 03-13-2003
Posts: 14,606
Once all the deplorables leave the place will be a frikin' progressive utopia.
8trackdisco Offline
#102 Posted:
Joined: 11-06-2004
Posts: 56,820
(bump)
MACS Offline
#103 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 75,480
Met with an old Navy buddy today. He is a realtor. Picked his brain a little bit, and he left me a folder of information to go over.

2 houses in my cul-de-sac sold in the last month... one for 569k the other for 580k. Both of them, according to my new neighbors and another neighbor who walked through the other house... they were both a sh-t-show. Needed a lot of work inside.
8trackdisco Offline
#104 Posted:
Joined: 11-06-2004
Posts: 56,820
MACS wrote:
Met with an old Navy buddy today. He is a realtor. Picked his brain a little bit, and he left me a folder of information to go over.

2 houses in my cul-de-sac sold in the last month... one for 569k the other for 580k. Both of them, according to my new neighbors and another neighbor who walked through the other house... they were both a sh-t-show. Needed a lot of work inside.


Chest bursting with pride for my Brother. Matriculating the ball down the field. Muh Brutha!
CelticBomber Offline
#105 Posted:
Joined: 05-03-2012
Posts: 6,697
Just saw Drafters boobs on the Vherf! Woohoo!
CelticBomber Offline
#106 Posted:
Joined: 05-03-2012
Posts: 6,697
Meant this for the 500. But, I'm 7 beers deep.
MACS Offline
#107 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 75,480
CelticBomber wrote:
Meant this for the 500. But, I'm 7 beers deep.


I'll allow it... :-)
rfenst Offline
#108 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 36,825
MACS,
Sell now at the top of the market and accumulate cash. Move to an apartment for a year or two, then get the hell out of California (whether or not you come to Florida). Housing prices should be down by then and you will be in your best position to make decisions. Just sayin'...

(I'd be following this advice myself, but my wife has a five year employment contract to fulfill and my son is still going to be in school for three more years.)
Abrignac Offline
#109 Posted:
Joined: 02-24-2012
Posts: 16,176
MACS wrote:
All good.

I'm slowly disappearing things from the house. Salvation Army is thankful. They got a whole lot of clothing recently, and a window AC unit that was rarely used. When the wife gets back from the trip, we'll push the pedal a little harder. Stuff in the garage will be donated... more stuff in the house will be donated... and once we decide how to sell, a "moving sale" will happen.

Anything that doesn't sell will be donated.

Plan is to keep what she "has to have" for memento purposes, and the new living room furniture and TV's... plus her curio cabinet and my cigar cabinet... then buy new sh*t when we get to where we're going. Wherever the hell that is.


I hope you didn’t donate my white fishing boots…..
Speyside2 Offline
#110 Posted:
Joined: 11-11-2021
Posts: 2,049
Sounds like a solid plan MACS.
MACS Offline
#111 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 75,480
Abrignac wrote:
I hope you didn’t donate my white fishing boots…..


Um... yeah, uhhhh... about those... Anxious
Abrignac Offline
#112 Posted:
Joined: 02-24-2012
Posts: 16,176
MACS wrote:
Um... yeah, uhhhh... about those... Anxious


Awww damn
Abrignac Offline
#113 Posted:
Joined: 02-24-2012
Posts: 16,176
BTW Pensacola would be a good option. Great fishing there. Plus, you’re only about four hours from even greater fishing off the Louisiana coat.
8trackdisco Offline
#114 Posted:
Joined: 11-06-2004
Posts: 56,820
rfenst wrote:
MACS,
Sell now at the top of the market and accumulate cash. Move to an apartment for a year or two, then get the hell out of California (whether or not you come to Florida). Housing prices should be down by then and you will be in your best position to make decisions. Just sayin'...

(I'd be following this advice myself, but my wife has a five year employment contract to fulfill and my son is still going to be in school for three more years.)


psssst- don't encourage him to stay there another year or two. He started leaving four years ago.
Speyside2 Offline
#115 Posted:
Joined: 11-11-2021
Posts: 2,049
I would do the 1st year of rental where I thought I would move to. If I did not like it there I would rent the second year at my second choice. Green Bay is quite nice in the summer! Exnay on the winternay.
8trackdisco Offline
#116 Posted:
Joined: 11-06-2004
Posts: 56,820
Speyside2 wrote:
I would do the 1st year of rental where I thought I would move to. If I did not like it there I would rent the second year at my second choice. Green Bay is quite nice in the summer! Exnay on the winternay.


Yeah, you don't have to worry about excessive heat 50 weeks a year.

....I would do the 1st year of rental where I thought I would move to. ...
^
Yes.

Selling the CA house, spend a week driving along the Florida coast. Sign a year lease on a nice condo near the water and start a nice, casual search for the best match of a home.

-Out of the PRoC.
-In the desired general location.
-Get finshin'.

Gon' Fishing

izonfire Offline
#117 Posted:
Joined: 12-09-2013
Posts: 8,421
Or he could just stay in CA and talk about it some more…. Mellow
8trackdisco Offline
#118 Posted:
Joined: 11-06-2004
Posts: 56,820
izonfire wrote:
Or he could just stay in CA and talk about it some more…. Mellow



Kind of like you are going to be all set up in the Southwest for the last two years, but still not settled in yet? Like that?
HockeyDad Offline
#119 Posted:
Joined: 09-20-2000
Posts: 43,503
You can check out any time you’d like…
MACS Offline
#120 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 75,480
8trackdisco wrote:
Kind of like you are going to be all set up in the Southwest for the last two years, but still not settled in yet? Like that?


Exactly like that. Hello, POT... my name is KETTLE... only I had a fkn WIFE to convince. Otherwise I'd have been gone 2 gat damn years ago!
MACS Offline
#121 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 75,480
Wife is looking to buy 500 square meters of property in the Philippines (yes, that's 5 football fields) for 30k. We can build 2-3 palaces on that sh*t for about another 250k.

Sell the other palaces to retiring gringos for a hefty profit and pocket the cash.

But you'd be living in Florida weather for 12 months instead of 7, and your constitutional rights? Yeah... lolFrying pan
8trackdisco Offline
#122 Posted:
Joined: 11-06-2004
Posts: 56,820
MACS wrote:
Wife is looking to buy 500 square meters of property in the Philippines (yes, that's 5 football fields) for 30k. We can build 2-3 palaces on that sh*t for about another 250k.

Sell the other palaces to retiring gringos for a hefty profit and pocket the cash.

But you'd be living in Florida weather for 12 months instead of 7, and your constitutional rights? Yeah... lolFrying pan


Hope you don’t relocate to PI. But guessing you’d have more freedom there, versus the PRC.
MACS Offline
#123 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 75,480
8trackdisco wrote:
Hope you don’t relocate to PI. But guessing you’d have more freedom there, versus the PRC.


Nope. The PRC allows gun ownership. In PI it's against the law.

Sure, you can't carry outside the home without jumping though a bazillion hoops... but in PI you can't have a gun. Period. End of story.
Abrignac Offline
#124 Posted:
Joined: 02-24-2012
Posts: 16,176
HockeyDad wrote:
You can check out any time you’d like…


But you can never leave.
izonfire Offline
#125 Posted:
Joined: 12-09-2013
Posts: 8,421
MACS wrote:
Exactly like that. Hello, POT... my name is KETTLE... only I had a fkn WIFE to convince. Otherwise I'd have been gone 2 gat damn years ago!

Well, the POT has moved from IL to AZ, so there’s that.
KETTLE ain’t done schitt… Mellow
izonfire Offline
#126 Posted:
Joined: 12-09-2013
Posts: 8,421
8trackdisco wrote:
Kind of like you are going to be all set up in the Southwest for the last two years, but still not settled in yet? Like that?

Well sure, a little like that…
Stogie1020 Offline
#127 Posted:
Joined: 12-19-2019
Posts: 3,314
Izon, you moved to AZ?

Oh crap...

There goes all the hookers and blow...
izonfire Offline
#128 Posted:
Joined: 12-09-2013
Posts: 8,421
Stogie1020 wrote:
Izon, you moved to AZ?

Oh crap...

There goes all the hookers and blow...

I’m willing to share on occasion…
Sunoverbeach Offline
#129 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 11,826
If one is a homeless vagabond, has one technically moved really? Think
Speyside2 Offline
#130 Posted:
Joined: 11-11-2021
Posts: 2,049
I thought you did not have a pot left to chit in. You see many coyotes around your area?
deadeyedick Offline
#131 Posted:
Joined: 03-13-2003
Posts: 14,606
Speyside2 wrote:
I thought you did not have a pot left to chit in. You see many coyotes around your area?


Sure he does .... and they have drop houses too.
DrafterX Offline
#132 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 96,149
https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/832-pound-bluefin-tuna-florida

Gon' Fishing
rfenst Offline
#133 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 36,825
MACS wrote:
Nope. The PRC allows gun ownership. In PI it's against the law.

Sure, you can't carry outside the home without jumping though a bazillion hoops... but in PI you can't have a gun. Period. End of story.

Florida is going to legalize conceal carry w/o a license.
Thought you'd love that.

(If you come to town to hunt, I would be happy to pick you up at the Orlando airport and drive you to Jacksonville or the Gulf Coast. My cubans the whole way. Not a problem at all.
Herfing
rfenst Offline
#134 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 36,825
MACS wrote:
Navy base is not a must have... just a nice to have. Near P-cola woudn't be bad, I don't think. *shrug*

Pensacola = Easter Alabama with a little South Georgia.
DrafterX Offline
#135 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 96,149
I've been to Pensacola Beach a few times... I like it... normally stay there on my way to da Villages.... Mellow
MACS Offline
#136 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 75,480
Contacted a Jville Realtor... got someone looking for homes for me now...

Getting necessary sheit done around this house to improve the curb appeal. As in... trees and shrubs getting trimmed today. Gonna start listing stuff on offer-up that I don't want to take with...

Smoker. Grill. Patio furniture. Etc...
DrafterX Offline
#137 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 96,149
Why do you hate patio furniture..?? Huh
BuckyB93 Offline
#138 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,420
MACS wrote:
Contacted a Jville Realtor... got someone looking for homes for me now...

Getting necessary sheit done around this house to improve the curb appeal. As in... trees and shrubs getting trimmed today. Gonna start listing stuff on offer-up that I don't want to take with...

Smoker. Grill. Patio furniture. Etc...


I don't think manscaping helps with curb appeal.
BuckyB93 Offline
#139 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,420
One tree NINE!
MACS Offline
#140 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 75,480
DrafterX wrote:
Why do you hate patio furniture..?? Huh


I don't hate it. It's just easier to move with much less sheit.
8trackdisco Offline
#141 Posted:
Joined: 11-06-2004
Posts: 56,820
MACS wrote:
Contacted a Jville Realtor... got someone looking for homes for me now...

Getting necessary sheit done around this house to improve the curb appeal. As in... trees and shrubs getting trimmed today. Gonna start listing stuff on offer-up that I don't want to take with...

Smoker. Grill. Patio furniture. Etc...


You just got a smile and light applause.
Thumbs up from me.
frankj1 Offline
#142 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 41,993
nice guy tamapatom was involved in real estate and property stuff.
might be worth picking his brain...
rfenst Offline
#143 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 36,825
MACS wrote:
I don't hate it. It's just easier to move with much less sheit.

Many, many Florida homes built over the last 25+ years have 150 to 400 square ft. built-in covered patios. If you furnish them with decent outdoor furniture (coaches, chairs, autumns, tables, lamps and/or rugs, etc.), they make an additional and truly livable, out-door "room"- that add great additional living space year-round. Think twice before getting rid of anything in decent condition- depending on the configuration of the houses you are deciding between. As to beach, pool and lawn furniture- all are necessities in Florida, especially J'ville.

BTW, there is a Florida Realtor/lawyer created/approved standard home purchase Form Contract, used on all but unique or extraordinary home purchases. Get a blank copy from your Realtor now to read now, not after you sign it. Also, you just may still be able to hire a lawyer to represent you and do all the closing work for freelike in the past - rather than closing with the lender or seller chosen title or closing agency (with no one directly representing your interests).

Also, make sure to hire a Realtor who is solely your agent (fiduciary duty to you), rather than the seller's agent in any way. Get it up-front in writing! They may even have a form for that... Usually, people in Florida don't really understand that "their" broker is truly the sellers agent (responsible to the seller first) and is ultimately responsible to the seller, who pays your Realtor's commission...

Moreover, one of the worst things people do a lot in Florida is sign a purchase contract THEN ask a lawyer if they did the right thing. That's Too Late! Get someone to read things before you sign them.

I don't know if the other lawyer(s) on here (like the new guy) do real estate, but they might have advice for you too.

If you want, I will help you any way I can, including trying to find you a highly recommended J'ville real estate lawyer-given that you are out of state buyers.
HockeyDad Offline
#144 Posted:
Joined: 09-20-2000
Posts: 43,503
frankj1 wrote:
nice guy tamapatom was involved in real estate and property stuff.
might be worth picking his brain...


I dunno. Something about that guy…he was prolly from Valrico.
deadeyedick Offline
#145 Posted:
Joined: 03-13-2003
Posts: 14,606
[quote=rfenst]
BTW, there is a Florida Realtor/lawyer created/approved standard home purchase Form Contract, used on all but unique or extraordinary home purchases. Get a blank copy from your Realtor now to read now, not after you sign it. Also, you just may still be able to hire a lawyer to represent you and do all the closing work for freelike in the past - rather than closing with the lender or seller chosen title or closing agency (with no one directly representing your interests).

Be careful about reading the fine print; there's no way you're going to like it.
delta1 Offline
#146 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 27,369
yeah, make sure they allow peeps like me to visit you in your new home, in your new neighborhood...
HockeyDad Offline
#147 Posted:
Joined: 09-20-2000
Posts: 43,503
delta1 wrote:
yeah, make sure they allow peeps like me to visit you in your new home, in your new neighborhood...


Don’t worry…they allow Democrats there.
MACS Offline
#148 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 75,480
Met with my realtor today. Got my work cut out for me. Gonna start putting stuff on Offer Up and donating stuff.
8trackdisco Offline
#149 Posted:
Joined: 11-06-2004
Posts: 56,820
MACS wrote:
Met with my realtor today. Got my work cut out for me. Gonna start putting stuff on Offer Up and donating stuff.


Keep it up, Brotherman. Always forward.
delta1 Offline
#150 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 27,369
hmmmm...this is starting to sound serious...hope this has been fully hashed out with Mrs. MACS....
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
16 Pages<123456789>»