America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 10 days ago by RayR. 295 replies replies.
6 Pages<123456>
DeSantis vs. Disney
Sunoverbeach Offline
#51 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 10,737
I had one girlfriend, she had one of them "recto-mies." You know, that's where they scoop the pu$$y out and leave the box it came in. We got along just fine. She didn't want nothin' from me, and I sure didn't want nothin' from her.
- RP
HockeyDad Offline
#52 Posted:
Joined: 09-20-2000
Posts: 43,095
Sunoverbeach wrote:
I had one girlfriend, she had one of them "recto-mies." You know, that's where they scoop the pu$$y out and leave the box it came in. We got along just fine. She didn't want nothin' from me, and I sure didn't want nothin' from her.
- RP


Get off this thread with your spam.
RayR Offline
#53 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 5,436
HockeyDad wrote:
So you’re in favor of the law?!

If it is an answer in search of a problem, why are some people so outraged? It would imply that they think not being able to freely teach sexuality to K-3 is a huge deal.


I think Robert is being a bit naive. He believes "human reproduction biology (not sex/sexuality/alleged "grooming") should be taught in schools in higher grades (like fifth grade and on)".
The WOKE leftist authoritarians don't care what he believes because in the woke socialist schools the fundamental doctrine is the state and the teacher's unions own the children's minds and bodies and so they assume the absolute right to decide how the children are groomed mentally and sexually at the exclusion of what the parent's or any other concerned party desires or demands.
Sunoverbeach Offline
#54 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 10,737
HockeyDad wrote:
Get off this thread with your spam.

You're not the boss of me now
You're not the boss of me now
You're not the boss of me now, and you're not so big
Life is unfair
frankj1 Offline
#55 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 41,506
HockeyDad wrote:
Get off this thread with your spam.

Dude!
It's Richard Pryor!!
rfenst Online
#56 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 36,625
HockeyDad wrote:
So you’re in favor of the law?!

If it is an answer in search of a problem, why are some people so outraged? It would imply that they think not being able to freely teach sexuality to K-3 is a huge deal.

I am not in favor of reproduction being taught to third graders.

But, they definitely should see "the movie" in fifth or sixth grade, and again in eighth or ninth grade biology, just like I and my kids did. Separate the boys from the girls if it will make it better. And, parents should be allowed to review "the movie" in advance and opt their child out-should they wish.

Sexuality being taught in public school is a completely different subject because homosexuality is not part of reproduction. But, simply acknowledging some third grader speaking out on his or her own and handling it properly by trying to get it back on track, should not jeopardize anyone.

And, if the third grade kid just can't stop talking about his or her two dads or two mom's, who is really going to be truly damaged by it? Not to mention that one would still have the opportunity to indoctrinate their kids against or in favor of homosexuality, should that be their personal choice.

When they get to high school and the class is going to read a book that involves a gay character, they ought to be fortified enough to handle it, but if they can't or their parents don't want them to, they should be allowed to opt out.

So, why do I think people are so outraged? The vast majority aren't. It is a few, vocal zealots, a majority Republican state legislature who don't dare oppose DeSantis (or Trump) and other political opportunists making a mountain out of a molehill- and claiming victory for the champions of social justice and then defeating it. Just a bunch of chest ponding, if you will.

Desantis never had a mandate from Floridians. He won by a measly 1% (thankfully in retrospect), but that's about it.
rfenst Online
#57 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 36,625
RayR wrote:
I think Robert is being a bit naive. He believes "human reproduction biology (not sex/sexuality/alleged "grooming") should be taught in schools in higher grades (like fifth grade and on)".
The WOKE leftist authoritarians don't care what he believes because in the woke socialist schools the fundamental doctrine is the state and the teacher's unions own the children's minds and bodies and so they assume the absolute right to decide how the children are groomed mentally and sexually at the exclusion of what the parent's or any other concerned party desires or demands.

What a sad world it must be to be afraid of so many others, and so many different ideas and ways of doing things. I want to see you teach your child about human reproduction biology better than an experienced, professional, public school system can. Good luck.
Speyside2 Offline
#58 Posted:
Joined: 11-11-2021
Posts: 1,863
Ray, I feel sorry for you.
RayR Offline
#59 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 5,436
You two don't franking get it. You give the WOKE leftist authoritarians an inch and they'll take mile. They're freaks!
They won't be teaching science like human reproduction biology, they'll be teaching pseudoscientific fabrications like gender is a social construct and it's just fine and dandy for men to get pregnant.
It would be like Hitler teaching racial classifications. He did write about indoctrinating yoots after all, saying "whoever has the youth has the future"...through the regimes "experienced, professional, public school system" of course.LOL
rfenst Online
#60 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 36,625
RayR wrote:
You two don't franking get it. You give the WOKE leftist authoritarians an inch and they'll take mile. They're freaks!
They won't be teaching science like human reproduction biology, they'll be teaching pseudoscientific fabrications like gender is a social construct and it's just fine and dandy for men to get pregnant.
It would be like Hitler teaching racial classifications. He did write about indoctrinating yoots after all, saying "whoever has the youth has the future"...through the regimes "experienced, professional, public school system" of course.LOL

Ray, Ray, Ray... Hitler is your favorite rhetorical reference/analogy. It's getting real old. That's because it has nothing to do with anything here, let alone this topic. He exterminated millions of innocent humans. Comparing that to just about anything
is a joke.

Perhaps I do not get it, Ray.

I am built to adapt to change and to fairly consider differing opinions and people in addition to my own, without always feeling threatened or fear of getting $hitted on in life. People and ideas don't scare me.

Why do they scare you?
HockeyDad Offline
#61 Posted:
Joined: 09-20-2000
Posts: 43,095
frankj1 wrote:
Dude!
It's Richard Pryor!!


Richard Pryor is long dead.

It’s spam.

He also calls me every night to tell me my car warranty is about to expire.
Sunoverbeach Offline
#62 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 10,737
While we're at it, you're computer has been infected with a virus. Do not worry! I can help

Also, there has been suspicious activity on your social security account. Call me immediately with bank information or you will be arrested in 30mins.
MACS Offline
#63 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 74,941
With my feet upon the ground
I lose myself between the sounds
And open wide to suck it in
I feel it move across my skin
I'm reaching up and reaching out
I'm reaching for the random or
Whatever will bewilder me
Whatever will bewilder me
And following our will and wind
We may just go where no one's been
We'll ride the spiral to the end
And may just go where no one's been
Sunoverbeach Offline
#64 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 10,737
I had to stop drinking, ‘cause I got tired of waking up in my car driving ninety.
- RP
rfenst Online
#65 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 36,625
DISNEY WORLD’S REEDY CREEK IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
What happens after setup abolished?


Orlando Sentinel

Dissolving Walt Disney World’s Reedy Creek Improvement District could saddle local taxpayers with about $1 billion in debt and leave local governments scrambling with how to take over vital services for Florida’s top tourist attraction.

State legislators passed a bill Thursday that dissolves the district The Walt Disney Co. uses to self-govern its Florida theme park properties on June 1, 2023. Gov. Ron DeSantis, who has been battling with the entertainment giant, signed it into law on Friday.

What happens next is unclear, but Orange County’s tax collector and other opponents of the bill say ending Reedy Creek could lead to higher taxes for Orange and Osceola residents.

The Legislature did not conduct an economic study on the ramifications of dissolving the district. Legislators spent only two days examining the bill, unveiled on Tuesday, providing little opportunity for public input.

Not even the bill’s sponsors — Sen. Jennifer Bradley, R-Fleming Island, and Rep. Randy Fine, R-Palm Bay — could provide the intricate details of how Reedy Creek would be dissolved, saying the matter will be hammered out in the next year.

Democrats warn property owners could be hit with higher tax bills if Republicans proceed with their plan. Sen. Gary Farmer, D-Lighthouse Point, estimated it would cost the average family in Orange and Osceola counties $2,200 to pick up the district’s outstanding debt and obligations. No detailed nonpartisan figures have been produced on the potential tax liability of dissolving the district.

“It’s shoot first and ask questions later. ... And maybe if Disney behaves over the next election cycle, we’ll undo it,” Farmer said.

Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings said Thursday that taking over Reedy Creek’s “first response and public safety components” with no new revenue would be “catastrophic” for the county’s budget. “It would put an undue burden on the rest of the taxpayers of Orange County to fill that gap,” he said.

Who governs Disney World?
Established in 1967, Reedy Creek allows Disney to use its own building codes and inspectors, avoid bureaucratic red-tape and issue tax-free bonds for its theme parks and resort property in Florida. Disney essentially taxes itself through the district to pay for roads, water treatment and other important services for Walt Disney World.

Reedy Creek owns and operates wastewater collection and treatment systems, electrical utilities, solid waste and recycling collection, as well as its own fire department. The Orange County Sheriff’s Office provides law enforcement protection.

Disney’s private government has been likened to Florida’s 68th county or a “Vatican with mouse ears.” The unique government structure involves Reedy Creek and two cities that Disney controls — Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista.

Those cities have a combined population of about 53 people, according to census data. The residents are trusted Disney employees, making the two cities company towns controlled by Disney, said Richard Foglesong, author of “Married to the Mouse,” a book about the creation of Disney World.

If Reedy Creek is dissolved, top-line items will include determining how its 40 square miles of land straddling both Orange and Osceola Counties would be governed, how its assets would be distributed and its debt paid, said Lee Constantine, a former state representative and senator and the incoming president of the Florida Association of Counties.

“You’re going to have to flush out where the assets go,” said Constantine, a Seminole County commissioner. “Who’s going to pay for them? Are they going to be given to counties? Are the counties going to pay for them? Whatever they are, whatever the debt service is, it’s got to be paid. I can assure you those bondholders … are going to want some entity to guarantee those bonds.”

“At this point, there’s more questions than answers,” Constantine added.

Four local governments would be involved in those discussions — Orange and Osceola counties and the Disney-controlled towns of Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista.

A spokesperson from Osceola County said its staff would begin evaluating the situation if and when final action was taken. Reedy Creek and Disney did not respond to requests for comment.

Senate President Wilton Simpson said he expects the matter will be discussed further when the Legislature convenes next year with input from Disney’s legal team. A plan could be developed that creates “efficiencies” that save taxpayers money, he said, adding that other theme parks in the state operate without independent districts.

“I think it’s just a matter of getting the teams together and sorting through it,” Simpson said. “I think it’s that simple.”
Fine, the House sponsor, said he thinks a different type of taxing district could be formed that could raise money to maintain Reedy Creek’s roads and other assets without burdening taxpayers or giving Disney unique powers.

Before signing the bill Friday, DeSantis said he thinks Disney will pay more in taxes, insisting “we’re going to take care of all that.” The governor’s office released a statement after the bill signing that legislation would be proposed in the near future to authorize additional special districts to ensure an “even playing field,” but offered no specifics.

Leaders would have to determine what happens to the district’s nearly 400 employees, including about 200 people who work for the Reedy Creek Fire Department.

Firefighters and other district employees are closely watching and hope to be part of conversations on the implementation of the bill, said Jon Shirey, president of the Reedy Creek Professional Firefighters Association.

“Our primary concerns are the livelihood and well-being of our members, retirees, and their families,” he said.

Settling with bondholders could be another complicated matter, and investors have been mystified by what is happening in Florida, said Eric Kazatsky, a senior strategist for Bloomberg Intelligence specializing in municipal bonds.

Florida’s bond documents include a covenant — a commitment to investors — that the state will not “limit or alter” the rights of Reedy Creek to collect revenue, including levying taxes. Kazatsky said he’s spoken with investors and others in the bond market who are puzzled by what is happening in Florida.

“It’s a lot of head-scratching, and are they even allowed to do this?” he said. “It seems like they have a legal hurdle here. They have covenanted to do something.”

Fitch placed Reedy Creek’s credit ratings on “negative watch” on Friday, meaning the district could be downgraded because of a “lack of clarity” on how the dissolution would work.

Tax collector has concerns
Scott Randolph, Orange County’s tax collector, estimated absorbing Reedy Creek’s liabilities could cost property owners an extra $200 to $250 a year in property taxes. That’s a rough estimate, though, based on Reedy Creek Improvement District’s financial statement and the assumption Orange County absorbs Reedy Creek’s liabilities.

Reedy Creek collects about $164 million in property taxes to maintain roads, utilities and other services, which is almost entirely paid by Disney.

If Reedy Creek were dissolved as it stands now, no other governmental entity would have the authority to collect that money, Randolph said.

“There is no windfall to the county,” Randolph said. “There could be a ton of expenses with no additional revenue to cover it.”

Disney would continue to pay property taxes to Orange and Osceola counties, school districts and other entities as it has in the past. Reedy Creek enables Disney to avoid some other taxes, such as impact fees and sales tax on construction materials.

Governing Disney World and maintaining its surrounding property is a massive undertaking. Reedy Creek maintains 134 miles of roads and 67 miles of waterways, according to the district’s statistics. It handles 60,000 tons of waste and recycles 30 tons of aluminum, paper, steel cans, cardboard and plastic containers each year.

The district hosts 250,000 daily guests, which is more than the 196,000 people who live in Tallahassee, the state capital. With 77,000 pre-pandemic employees, Disney World is one of the largest single-site employers in the United States.

Sen. Jeff Brandes, R-St. Petersburg, questioned whether the Legislature’s effort would inadvertently help Disney financially.

“The assets include roads, which we would be unlikely to shut off,” he said. “A dump. A power plant, which we would be unlikely to turn off. A fire station, which we would be unlikely to shut down. So those assets, we would now take over the operations, the maintenance and support of, and Disney would be able to walk away from that ... debt.”

A matter of fairness or political revenge?
Republicans said Disney gets special treatment under the law that no other theme park in the state enjoys.

“Universal doesn’t get to create the Jurassic Park Improvement District to govern itself,” said Fine, the House sponsor. “They have to abide by laws of the cities and counties where they exist.”

DeSantis called for legislators to dissolve Reedy Creek and five other special districts created before 1968. He’s attacked Disney for opposing legislation critics branded the “don’t say gay” bill. In return, Disney, a powerful player in state politics, paused its contributions to Florida politicians.

Democrats countered that the bill is more about political retaliation and retribution than corporate accountability. Farmer called it “punitive, petulant political payback to a corporation who dared to say the emperor has no clothes.”

Citing a Florida statute dealing with special districts, state Rep. Carlos Smith, D-Orlando, and others have said dissolving Reedy Creek would require a voter referendum. The bill’s Republican sponsors said the new law trumps that statute, and a referendum isn’t required.

Disney’s autonomy is part of the reason why it’s been able to make Disney World a unique attraction, and undoing Reedy Creek could generate a protracted legal battle, said Bob Jarvis, a law professor for Nova Southeastern University.

“It will lead to a lawsuit, so the taxpayers will be funding the defense,” Jarvis said.



Anyone who reads this whole article and still thinks Desantis did something good for Florida is a franking idiot.
RayR Offline
#66 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 5,436
rfenst wrote:
Ray, Ray, Ray... Hitler is your favorite rhetorical reference/analogy. It's getting real old. That's because it has nothing to do with anything here, let alone this topic. He exterminated millions of innocent humans. Comparing that to just about anything
is a joke.

Perhaps I do not get it, Ray.

I am built to adapt to change and to fairly consider differing opinions and people in addition to my own, without always feeling threatened or fear of getting $hitted on in life. People and ideas don't scare me.

Why do they scare you?


Well...if you don't like the analogy to that particular progressive regime, I may oblige and provide another. Fair warning though, they are all the same, they all provide a centrally planned "experienced, professional, public school system" to indoctrinate the yoots with the only allowable opinions approved by the regime intellectuals.

What's puzzling though is your apparent indifference to the schemes of the WOKE leftist authoritarians as they wage war on culture, traditions, religion, and science.
Speyside2 Offline
#67 Posted:
Joined: 11-11-2021
Posts: 1,863
Most people differentiate with more nuance than you do Ray. I think your comparisons are insane, you think they are the best logical conclusion, so you consider me a woke leftist, or blind to the truth. You see yourself as a wise man who should be listened to with interest and respect. I see you as a pitifully broken man with a desperate unfulfilled need. Therefore I feel sorry for you.
RayR Offline
#68 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 5,436
Speyside2 wrote:
Most people differentiate with more nuance than you do Ray. I think your comparisons are insane, you think they are the best logical conclusion, so you consider me a woke leftist, or blind to the truth. You see yourself as a wise man who should be listened to with interest and respect. I see you as a pitifully broken man with a desperate unfulfilled need. Therefore I feel sorry for you.


Spey, if you have a more sane comparison, have at it, Maybe touchy-feely with nuance I suppose. Otherwise ShatUP!
Speyside2 Offline
#69 Posted:
Joined: 11-11-2021
Posts: 1,863
Ray, why would I shut up?
RayR Offline
#70 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 5,436
Speyside2 wrote:
Ray, why would I shut up?


I say if you've got no argument, ShatUP!
If you want to say it's OK for the WOKE leftist authoritarians to force us to bow to their demands and upend culture, traditions, religion, science, and proselytize this new fabricated reality in socialist skools or even amusement parks, come out and say it, don't hide it.
Are you like one of those who are willing to adapt to this WOKE leftist authoritarian change to placate the feelings of a micro-minority where we even have to change our thoughts and language to accommodate them?

HockeyDad Offline
#71 Posted:
Joined: 09-20-2000
Posts: 43,095
rfenst wrote:

Dissolving Walt Disney World’s Reedy Creek Improvement District could saddle…..

Orange County’s tax collector and other opponents of the bill say ending Reedy Creek could lead to ….

Democrats warn property owners could be hit with higher tax bills….

Scott Randolph, Orange County’s tax collector, estimated absorbing Reedy Creek’s liabilities could cost property owners an extra $200 to $250 a year….

There could be a ton of expenses with no additional revenue to cover it……

Anyone who reads this whole article and still thinks Desantis did something good for Florida is a franking idiot.


A how-to lesson in how to make propaganda look like journalism.

Democrats screaming for special tax breaks for huge corporations! Wait, what?



I would like to also add:

Disney could move their theme parks to Colorado and redevelop the Florida real estate as 750,000 tiny homes to house all the homeless from California. It could be named Celebration West.

Absorbing the Disney liabilities could cost property owners in Orange County an extra $300,000 a year in property taxes.

Housing values in Orlando could plummet as the entire Disney LGBTQ community moves to California and MACSW and Le HockeyDad will swoop in with financial backing from BlackRock and buy up entire neighborhoods on the cheap.

Disney could use their space weaponry program to capture and redirect an asteroid to hit Tallahassee but underestimates the impact and inadvertently caused a nuclear winter.

MACS Offline
#72 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 74,941
Anyone who reads that entire article got ONE perspective on the issue... a biased perspective.
rfenst Online
#73 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 36,625
MACS wrote:
Anyone who reads that entire article got ONE perspective on the issue... a biased perspective.

Can you find a better source of information (true facts) about this very matter or quotes from local politicians, economists and legal experts on this matter, that is better than the local newspaper/Orlando Sentinel?

If so, please cite the source.


And, exactly what bias are you alleging?
HockeyDad Offline
#74 Posted:
Joined: 09-20-2000
Posts: 43,095
“True facts” do not normally use the word “could”.
Stogie1020 Offline
#75 Posted:
Joined: 12-19-2019
Posts: 3,041
HockeyDad wrote:
“True facts” do not normally use the word “could”.

You could be right, HD.
RayR Offline
#76 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 5,436
HockeyDad wrote:
“True facts” do not normally use the word “could”.


And "facts" do not normally need to be preceded by the word "true". Think
Speyside2 Offline
#77 Posted:
Joined: 11-11-2021
Posts: 1,863
Actually I am not arguing. I feel sorry for you and have listed the reasons why. You disagree with my reasons. I have learned that it is impossible to debate with you or criticize what you post as you have never shown an ability or interest in that. Perhaps you life is not a sad one. I can only consider how sad my life would be if I acted as you do. Perhaps one day you will be able to logically consider what others bring to the table. Of course that does not mean your opinion would change, just that it could and your life wouldn't be so singular.
frankj1 Offline
#78 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 41,506
RayR wrote:
And "facts" do not normally need to be preceded by the word "true". Think

is alternate truth still good though?

rhetorical.
8trackdisco Offline
#79 Posted:
Joined: 11-06-2004
Posts: 56,449
Speyside2 wrote:
Actually I am not arguing. I feel sorry for you and have listed the reasons why. You disagree with my reasons. I have learned that it is impossible to debate with you or criticize what you post as you have never shown an ability or interest in that. Perhaps you life is not a sad one. I can only consider how sad my life would be if I acted as you do. Perhaps one day you will be able to logically consider what others bring to the table. Of course that does not mean your opinion would change, just that it could and your life wouldn't be so singular.


Well observed and written.
RayR Offline
#80 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 5,436
Speyside2 wrote:
Actually I am not arguing. I feel sorry for you and have listed the reasons why. You disagree with my reasons. I have learned that it is impossible to debate with you or criticize what you post as you have never shown an ability or interest in that. Perhaps you life is not a sad one. I can only consider how sad my life would be if I acted as you do. Perhaps one day you will be able to logically consider what others bring to the table. Of course that does not mean your opinion would change, just that it could and your life wouldn't be so singular.


Cry Baby Cry

Why would I need to change if no better ideas occur? "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" (like Biden or any of the other leftist doctrinaires for instance)
Did I miss something you said to straighten me out?
If you want to debate make an argument, bring it to the table...or if you've got no argument, ShatUP!
Speyside2 Offline
#81 Posted:
Joined: 11-11-2021
Posts: 1,863
Do you even read the words? You are in no way discussing what I am talking about. Do you have any kindness and decency in you for your fellow man who is different than you? I wish you well Ray.
frankj1 Offline
#82 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 41,506
Speyside2 wrote:
Do you even read the words? You are in no way discussing what I am talking about. Do you have any kindness and decency in you for your fellow man who is different than you? I wish you well Ray.

a month living where Putin rules might open his eyes.
Attending a lecture from a Holocaust survivor might open his eyes...better hurry!
The fact he can say his chit is a blessing he fails to recognize.

I wish him well, as well.
Sunoverbeach Offline
#83 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 10,737
Most people that you talk to, they's intelligent. Like I said, "Most people."
- RP
RayR Offline
#84 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 5,436
Ah yes, the old deflecting to Putin and the holocaust strategy, a lame attempt to invoke an emotional response and avoid making an argument on point.
What do they have to do with indoctrinating the yoots with wokeism? A total mystery...

How's this grab you, you kind and decent fellows who are so accepting of your fellow man's perversions of pedagogical practices? A new normal, a new woke rage?

Latest Trend in Public Schools: 'Secret Gender Transition Closets'

By Elizabeth Stauffer
April 24, 2022

Quote:
Activist teachers understand how painful it can be for students whose parents won’t allow them to dress as the gender they identify as. And they’ve come up with a solution — “secret gender transition closets.”

Unbeknownst to their unenlightened parents, a student can arrive at school, enter a transition closet, which is equipped with a wide variety of gender appropriate clothing and accessories, and walk out dressed anyway he or she wishes. Obviously, before they return home to their parents, the student goes back into the closet to change into his or her original clothes. And no one is the wiser.

The closets, first introduced at colleges, are now cropping up in public high schools and middle schools, according to a report in The Epoch Times.

Appalling as this concept is at the college level, the existence of these closets in high schools and especially in middle schools is even more inappropriate. The teachers are working to bypass the student’s parents.

More...

https://www.westernjournal.com/latest-trend-public-schools-secret-gender-transition-closets/

rfenst Online
#85 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 36,625
RayR wrote:
And "facts" do not normally need to be preceded by the word "true". Think

Yes they do.
We still live in an "alternative facts" culture.
RayR Offline
#86 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 5,436
rfenst wrote:
Yes they do.
We still live in an "alternative facts" culture.


Like in the MATRIX? Huh
rfenst Online
#87 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 36,625
@# 82 and #83
Good stuff,
Me three.
Speyside2 Offline
#88 Posted:
Joined: 11-11-2021
Posts: 1,863
Ray, if Gender Transition Closets exist, why would you compare the people who created them to the Holocaust and crimes against humanity presently being perpetuated on Ukrainians by Putin? There is no comparison between them.

People who deserve to be fired are not people who deserve the death penalty. In the above paragraph I said if. That is because I only see extreme alt right sources, such as you always use, that say these closets exist.

I would never use extreme alt right, or extreme looney left opinion pieces that promote their agendas, and are not verifiable. Only someone who is extreme alt right or extreme loony left would do that in my opinion. They are also promoting an agenda of outlandish and sad extremism.

The people that you castigated here, other than myself, are solid, honest, decent people. They treat you with a respect that you snarl and rage at. One critical element of the forums here most everyone respects most everyone else here, not just those who see the world exactly as they do.
RayR Offline
#89 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 5,436
WTF are you talking about?...you erratic person with multiple personalities.
Your honest, kind and decent WOKE brother Frankie injected Putin and the Holocaust into the poisoning yoots with WOKISM discussion, not me....and in a shamelessly dishonest way too...that sneaky basturd! And your mouthpiece rfenst who invents "alternative facts" comes along for the ride as backup.

Your wurds are empty on the battlefield of ideas. Yer shooting blanks. If you've got woke feelings for Gender Transition Closets, Gender Neutral Bathrooms, Transition training lessons in public skools, and handing out hormone blockers like candy or whatever outlandish and extremist kooky leftist agenda thing that you say needs respect..come out and say it!

How's dat for snarlin' and ragein'? You like that? I've got MORE!Cursing Frying pan


rfenst Online
#90 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 36,625
RayR wrote:
WTF are you talking about?...you erratic person with multiple personalities.
Your honest, kind and decent WOKE brother Frankie injected Putin and the Holocaust into the poisoning yoots with WOKISM discussion, not me....and in a shamelessly dishonest way too...that sneaky basturd! And your mouthpiece rfenst who invents "alternative facts" comes along for the ride as backup. You are such a hateful, loser. If you knew Frank and Allen personally outside of CBID, you would know that they are both stand-up BOTL outside of CBID and in most every part of their lives. I didn't invent "alternate facts," Trump's mouth-pieces did.

Your wurds are empty on the battlefield of ideas. Yer shooting blanks. If you've got woke feelings for Gender Transition Closets, Gender Neutral Bathrooms, Transition training lessons in public skools, and handing out hormone blockers like candy or whatever outlandish and extremist kooky leftist agenda thing that you say needs respect..come out and say it! What the frank are you taliking about?

How's dat for snarlin' and ragein'? You like that? I've got MORE!Cursing Frying pan


Brick wall
RayR Offline
#91 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 5,436
rfenst wrote:
Quote:
What the frank are you taliking about?


Ask Frankie, he'll probably say it has somethin' to do with Putin and Hitler or some chit like that.

I'm too busy snarlin' and ragein' against the commie progressive leftist machine! ram27bat
Speyside2 Offline
#92 Posted:
Joined: 11-11-2021
Posts: 1,863
Rage and pontificate all you want if it makes you feel better Ray. Just don't expect anyone to believe you, or agree with you just because you you gave your point of view. Some people in the world will wholeheartedly while others will be in total disagreement with you. The great point is this is America, land of the free and home of the brave. I sure as heck have no right to infringe upon you and I sure as heck will not allow you to infringe upon me.

I think many people post less here because of you. I know that is true for myself. For myself it has nothing to do with you "winning". Or for your point of view either. It is because of your never ending mindless, hateful drivel and your inability to allow others to converse without interjecting yourself in an attempt to become the leader/focal point of the conversation due to you absolute lack of self-worth.

I hope that over time you grow personally and add something to our world. Right now I see you as a net negative to humanity, I imagine you see me in the same light. I always feel I have done as much good as I am capable of. Though I can say to you with 100% certainty that I always walk the walk. I have literally given people the coat off my back, they were in dire need, I was not. Long ago when I had little, I spent my last dollar to feed someone who was far hungrier than I, and went hungry. Does any of this make me a good person? I do not have the slightest idea. All it really shows is I try. There is a great Foo Fighters song the ends with "Who Are You?". Well, who are you?
Speyside2 Offline
#93 Posted:
Joined: 11-11-2021
Posts: 1,863
Error correction. I always feel I have not done as much good.
RayR Offline
#94 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 5,436
Pity post from Spey, who thinks he's like Jesus or something.

Blames me for peeps going flaccid, mute and rage quitting. LOL

Spey hates that I snarl and rage against the evil commie progressive machine! Boo hoo!

Did I sum it up?

"Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito," ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
Speyside2 Offline
#95 Posted:
Joined: 11-11-2021
Posts: 1,863
That was a complete swing and a miss Ray. I was pointing out a nuance you always miss. Someone that is the antithesis of you can still be a good person. Also I asked what you have done as there may be a side of you I am unaware of. As usual you are unable or unwilling to converse with me. Therefore I will stop trying to converse with you here.
frankj1 Offline
#96 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 41,506
one can't control one's feelings and thoughts, but one can control one's behavioral reaction to them...if mentally and emotionally healthy.

Without knowing you Ray, I hope this defines you.

I'm hoping, but I'm not convinced as you've been slowly leaking venom for quite a while.
What happens when this is no longer a "safe place" for your behavior?

Get help.
Good luck.

For real.
Sunoverbeach Offline
#97 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 10,737
Speyside2 wrote:
I think many people post less here because of you.

I actually post much more in politics now, due in large part to Ray's repetitive drivel.

Thanks, Commie Ray!! ThumpUp
RayR Offline
#98 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 5,436
Oh my pious pair of flaccid fellows who can find a good side in the Devil himself.
Every wicked authoritarian regime counts on people like that.
RayR Offline
#99 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 5,436
Sunoverbeach wrote:
I actually post much more in politics now, due in large part to Ray's repetitive drivel.

Thanks, Commie Ray!! ThumpUp


Yer sort of welcome SOB, but don't call me a Commie you SOB. If you haven't picked it up from my "repetitive drivel" as you call it, which is hardly subtle to any degree, I snarl and rage against the evil commie progressive machine!
And some people wonder why I have to be so repetitive of that fact. Geez!

Speyside2 Offline
#100 Posted:
Joined: 11-11-2021
Posts: 1,863
That is interesting SOB. His nihilism changed this place for me. The fun was gone. I am trying to overcome his negative presence and find fun here again. I guess this is simply another lesson for me on this path called life. Though as to what that lesson is I have no idea. Perhaps learning that negativity has an effect on myself because I allow it to.

Ah grasshopper, acknowledging your ignorance is but one step toward enlightenment.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
6 Pages<123456>