America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 4 weeks ago by frankj1. 59 replies replies.
2 Pages12>
Wind farm hoax
Abrignac Offline
#1 Posted:
Joined: 02-24-2012
Posts: 16,131
Yesterday I was driving through Palm Springs, CA. There is a stretch of about 10 miles that must be home to about 500 windmills.

Out of all of them I counted EIGHT that were actually turning. At least 20% were missing as least one propeller blade. Half of those were missing all their blades.

What a franking joke.
DrafterX Offline
#2 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 95,957
eagles prolly ran into them... Mellow
frankj1 Offline
#3 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 41,506
blades are on back order
Sunoverbeach Offline
#4 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 10,737
There is a significant number of bird kills with windmills. Sierra Club says though it's not a big deal because of all the other things that kill birds
RayR Offline
#5 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 5,436
Lyin' Sierra Club commie basturds! That's not what I heard this past week...

New Study: Wind, Solar Energy Now Killing 48% Of Priority Bird Species With ‘Population-Level Effects’

From the NoTricksZone
By Kenneth Richard

Quote:
Of California’s 23 vulnerable bird species studied (barn owls, golden eagles, road runners, yellow-billed cuckoos…), scientists have found 11 are now experiencing at least a 20% decline in their population growth rates because wind turbines and solar panels are killing them and/or destroying their limited-range habitat.

California’s mild-winter Mediterranean climate is home to some of Earth’s rarest bird ecosystems.

But California is also where some of the most ardent supporters of “green” energy policies reside.

Disproportionately due to California’s activist-level insistence on converting their energy infrastructure from fossil-fuel-based to renewables-based, the US as a whole has facilitated a 300% to 9,400% increase in wind and solar energy generation, respectively, from 2009 to 2019. Nation-wide, the solar power industry alone is poised to detonate from a 0.4 GW energy capacity in 2009 to 75 GW by 2025.

Too few proponents of explosive wind and solar energy expansion are focused on the effect this unprecedented change has had on local ecosystems – especially vulnerable wildlife populations.

More...

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/04/24/new-study-wind-solar-energy-now-killing-48-of-priority-bird-species-with-population-level-effects/
BuckyB93 Offline
#6 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,256
The birds should know enough to avoid the windmills. It's just thinning the herd of stupid birds.
RayR Offline
#7 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 5,436
BuckyB93 wrote:
The birds should know enough to avoid the windmills. It's just thinning the herd of stupid birds.


Speaking of stupid, would that work for Democrats? Eh?
Dg west deptford Offline
#8 Posted:
Joined: 05-25-2019
Posts: 2,644
The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination
MACS Offline
#9 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 74,941
The I10 Freeway running from Banning, CA to Indio, CA has literally hundreds of these big ass windmills. Both sides of the freeway are littered with them.

Huh... CA has issues keeping up with power demand. San Onofre still sits there... unused... and could damn near power the whole frankin' state.

Dem policies.
ZRX1200 Offline
#10 Posted:
Joined: 07-08-2007
Posts: 57,150
They’re good at stealing our water anyways.
deadeyedick Offline
#11 Posted:
Joined: 03-13-2003
Posts: 14,414
ZRX1200 wrote:
They’re good at stealing our water anyways.


They have been taking more than their allocation for like 30 years. They are good at stealing everybody's water but chickens are coming home to roost.
frankj1 Offline
#12 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 41,506
ZRX1200 wrote:
They’re good at stealing our water anyways.

wasn't that the plot to China Town (Nicholson was great!)
frankj1 Offline
#13 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 41,506
BuckyB93 wrote:
The birds should know enough to avoid the windmills. It's just thinning the herd of stupid birds.

minutes ago I learned on 60 Minutes that birds aren't real!
Whistlebritches Offline
#14 Posted:
Joined: 04-23-2006
Posts: 21,619
Abrignac wrote:
Yesterday I was driving through Palm Springs, CA. There is a stretch of about 10 miles that must be home to about 500 windmills.

Out of all of them I counted EIGHT that were actually turning. At least 20% were missing as least one propeller blade. Half of those were missing all their blades.

What a franking joke.


Some of the oldest wind farms in America are in the Palm Springs area,built back in the 80's.Lots of old worn out crap that needs to be removed or replaced.I've worked the San Gorgonio,the oldest wind farm in Cali........maybe the entire country I can't member. Anyway that field alone has almost 3000 turbines.Also some crazy schit there.........8 vehicles,two of which are $5000 a day rentals,were parked on one of the farm roads at a dead stop for three hours waiting on two very special desert tortoise's to cross the f***ing road.Safety man completely freaked out when it was recommended we pick the turtles up and move them off the road..........still SMMFH
tailgater Offline
#15 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 25,900
Wind farms are great.
They don't reduce the need for coal, natural gas or nuclear plants. Not one bit.
But they are great...





frankj1 Offline
#16 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 41,506
I think we need borndead to address this...
Abrignac Offline
#17 Posted:
Joined: 02-24-2012
Posts: 16,131
Whistlebritches wrote:
Some of the oldest wind farms in America are in the Palm Springs area,built back in the 80's.Lots of old worn out crap that needs to be removed or replaced.I've worked the San Gorgonio,the oldest wind farm in Cali........maybe the entire country I can't member. Anyway that field alone has almost 3000 turbines.Also some crazy schit there.........8 vehicles,two of which are $5000 a day rentals,were parked on one of the farm roads at a dead stop for three hours waiting on two very special desert tortoise's to cross the f***ing road.Safety man completely freaked out when it was recommended we pick the turtles up and move them off the road..........still SMMFH



Not just there though. There are 1000’s of windmills on I-80 and I-40. Never saw more than maybe a quarter turning when I drive through that area.
Palama Offline
#18 Posted:
Joined: 02-05-2013
Posts: 19,296
frankj1 wrote:
wasn't that the plot to China Town (Nicholson was great!)


The California Water Wars.

And yes, Jack was terrific in that one.

The sequel (…offhand I forgot the title…) was okay.
Sunoverbeach Offline
#19 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 10,737
Interesting, but why exactly did the very special desert tortoises cross the f**king road? Think
MACS Offline
#20 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 74,941
Sunoverbeach wrote:
Interesting, but why exactly did the very special desert tortoises cross the f**king road? Think


To avoid getting screwed like da chikens?
Speyside2 Online
#21 Posted:
Joined: 11-11-2021
Posts: 1,863
So the tortoise came before the chicken and the egg.
Sunoverbeach Offline
#22 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 10,737
Depends on his stamina and self control I imagine.
BuckyB93 Offline
#23 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,256
Sunoverbeach wrote:
Interesting, but why exactly did the very special desert tortoises cross the f**king road? Think


He was in a race against the hare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfLjhXA70Og
deadeyedick Offline
#24 Posted:
Joined: 03-13-2003
Posts: 14,414
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/05/02/california-renewable-energy-100/9612901002/

Renewable electricity met 100% of California's energy demands for the 1st time on Saturday - most of it from large amounts of solar power now produced along Interstate 10. Energy demands statewide hit 18,672 megawatts of which 101% were available from renewables.

I'm not an apologist for Cali in any regard but it seems they are doing something right.
deadeyedick Offline
#25 Posted:
Joined: 03-13-2003
Posts: 14,414
On second thought maybe the reduced demand was because HD was in New York then?
DrafterX Offline
#26 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 95,957
Prolly fake news... Mellow
HockeyDad Offline
#27 Posted:
Joined: 09-20-2000
Posts: 43,095
deadeyedick wrote:
On second thought maybe the reduced demand was because HD was in New York then?


I left all the lights on for my cat.
HockeyDad Offline
#28 Posted:
Joined: 09-20-2000
Posts: 43,095
deadeyedick wrote:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/05/02/california-renewable-energy-100/9612901002/

Renewable electricity met 100% of California's energy demands for the 1st time on Saturday - most of it from large amounts of solar power now produced along Interstate 10. Energy demands statewide hit 18,672 megawatts of which 101% were available from renewables.

I'm not an apologist for Cali in any regard but it seems they are doing something right.


The problem is it was for one point in a day when demand is lowest. Check back at 7pm. Or during the summer or winter.
DrMaddVibe Offline
#29 Posted:
Joined: 10-21-2000
Posts: 51,995
Riiight...peak hours in the summer!

Let me know how that works out.
HockeyDad Offline
#30 Posted:
Joined: 09-20-2000
Posts: 43,095

California's in-state utility-scale electricity generation equaled about four-fifths of the state's electricity retail sales in 2021, and the rest of its supply came from out of state. California imports more electricity than any other state and typically receives between one-fifth and one-third of its electricity supply from outside of the state.

(That’s our dirty little secret. Power plants are unsightly and dirty so we build them in other states.)
8trackdisco Offline
#31 Posted:
Joined: 11-06-2004
Posts: 56,449
Abrignac wrote:
Yesterday I was driving through Palm Springs, CA. There is a stretch of about 10 miles that must be home to about 500 windmills.

Out of all of them I counted EIGHT that were actually turning. At least 20% were missing as least one propeller blade. Half of those were missing all their blades.


That’s Dutched up.
8trackdisco Offline
#32 Posted:
Joined: 11-06-2004
Posts: 56,449
BuckyB93 wrote:
The birds should know enough to avoid the windmills. It's just thinning the herd of stupid birds.


These are Other-Abled Birds. These birds need to be saved. Unless…. The mothers of the birds weren’t able to get an abortion.

Wait….. but that would mean the windmills are providing the Death Penalty. Have also heard the windmills are disproportionately killing black and brown birds. And what about the closeted LGBT+ birds? Special concern for those birds who identify as Chipmunks.

There needs to be a special bill introduced, like the Don’t Say Gay bill. Maybe like Don’t Fly & Die bill.
Sunoverbeach Offline
#33 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 10,737
But are they breaking the law as soon as they fly for risk of dying, or do they only find themselves in violation upon the actual dying part? If the latter, how would punishment be applied?
8trackdisco Offline
#34 Posted:
Joined: 11-06-2004
Posts: 56,449
deadeyedick wrote:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/05/02/california-renewable-energy-100/9612901002/

Renewable electricity met 100% of California's energy demands for the 1st time on Saturday - most of it from large amounts of solar power now produced along Interstate 10. Energy demands statewide hit 18,672 megawatts of which 101% were available from renewables.

I'm not an apologist for Cali in any regard but it seems they are doing something right.


Can the solar panels also transfer to electricity the heat from the wildfires?
Sunoverbeach Offline
#35 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 10,737
No, but wood could be harvested for small controlled fires in a particular place designed for it within the home. This would reduce electricity demand as well as thin forests, reducing the rate of wildfires.

Yeah, I know cutting down trees isn't very California, but think of how many you save from the wildfires that way. Plus the fuel is renewable

Cutting edge technology developed by settlers a few hundred years ago
Mr. Jones Offline
#36 Posted:
Joined: 06-12-2005
Posts: 16,660
Watch:

"Planet of the Humans"

By
Jeff Gibbs
And
Michael Moore

It decimated the "GREEN ENERGY MYTH" AND INDUSTRY...
IT PROVES ITS A COMPLETE HOAX ...
ONLY HYDROGEN, SEA WEED, AND DESALINATION PLANTS WILL SAVE THE EARTH.. 🌎 🌍🌎🌍
8trackdisco Offline
#37 Posted:
Joined: 11-06-2004
Posts: 56,449
Sunoverbeach wrote:
But are they breaking the law as soon as they fly for risk of dying, or do they only find themselves in violation upon the actual dying part? If the latter, how would punishment be applied?


They are devoid of hope, get disenfranchised, and fly into the mills.
If they are birds that have misbehaved, they should be put on a No Fly list.
Sunoverbeach Offline
#38 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 10,737
Like when they chit on my truck after I wash it?
8trackdisco Offline
#39 Posted:
Joined: 11-06-2004
Posts: 56,449
Sunoverbeach wrote:
Like when they chit on my truck after I wash it?


Yeah- like those. Those would be................. stool pigeons.
RayR Offline
#40 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 5,436
HockeyDad wrote:
California's in-state utility-scale electricity generation equaled about four-fifths of the state's electricity retail sales in 2021, and the rest of its supply came from out of state. California imports more electricity than any other state and typically receives between one-fifth and one-third of its electricity supply from outside of the state.

(That’s our dirty little secret. Power plants are unsightly and dirty so we build them in other states.)


Ya, I didn't believe that hot wind about California's GREEN energy success story for one minute.
Then there's all that killin' of birds and poisoning the desert ecosystem with toxic solar panels and batteries.

“I would rather the man who presents something for my consideration subject me to a zephyr of truth and a gentle breeze of responsibility rather than blow me down with a curtain of hot wind.”- Grover Cleveland.


frankj1 Offline
#41 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 41,506
8trackdisco wrote:
Yeah- like those. Those would be................. stool pigeons.

almost missed it!
Nice.
deadeyedick Offline
#42 Posted:
Joined: 03-13-2003
Posts: 14,414
HockeyDad wrote:
California's in-state utility-scale electricity generation equaled about four-fifths of the state's electricity retail sales in 2021, and the rest of its supply came from out of state. California imports more electricity than any other state and typically receives between one-fifth and one-third of its electricity supply from outside of the state.

(That’s our dirty little secret. Power plants are unsightly and dirty so we build them in other states.)


You think Cali black-outs are bad now. Wait until Lake Mead drops another few feet and the power from Boulder Dam gets cut off. The lake is already so low that they are starting to find the bodies the Vegas goons have dumped in there for many decades.

https://www.8newsnow.com/i-team/i-team-discovers-2nd-barrel-at-lake-mead-near-site-of-murder-victims-remains/
DrafterX Offline
#43 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 95,957
Anxious
deadeyedick Offline
#44 Posted:
Joined: 03-13-2003
Posts: 14,414
DrafterX wrote:
Anxious


"I knew it was you Fredo."
Sunoverbeach Offline
#45 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 10,737
“I would say there is a very good chance as the water level drops that we are going to find additional human remains,” Las Vegas Metro police Lt. Ray Spencer said."

$20 this ends up becoming a tourist attraction
RayR Offline
#46 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 5,436
I heard Lake Mead was the deadliest lake in the U.S., including the park.
HockeyDad Offline
#47 Posted:
Joined: 09-20-2000
Posts: 43,095
California likely will have an energy shortfall equivalent to what it takes to power about 1.3 million homes when use is at its peak during the hot and dry summer months, state officials said Friday.

Threats from drought, extreme heat and wildfires, plus supply chain and regulatory issues hampering the solar industry will create challenges for energy reliability this summer and in the coming years, the officials said. They represented the California Public Utilities Commission, the California Energy Commission, and the California Independent System Operator, which manages the state's energy grid.

State models assume the state will have 1,700 fewer megawatts of power than it needs during the times of highest demand - typically early evening as the sun sets - in the hottest months when air conditioners are in full use.
Mr. Jones Offline
#48 Posted:
Joined: 06-12-2005
Posts: 16,660
Marie Antoinette came back from the grave and said:

"Let the Californians just sweat"
Brewha Offline
#49 Posted:
Joined: 01-25-2010
Posts: 10,558
Abrignac wrote:
Not just there though. There are 1000’s of windmills on I-80 and I-40. Never saw more than maybe a quarter turning when I drive through that area.

Did it occur to you that more than half of those mills are the powered type meant to cool things of to combat global warming?
bgz Offline
#50 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 12,195
You want to see a functional windfarm?

Get a bunch of cbidders in the same room.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>