America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 2 months ago by rfenst. 503 replies replies.
11 Pages«<2345678910>»
The "Manhattan Clam Chowder Sucks" 500
DrMaddVibe Offline
#251 Posted:
Joined: 10-21-2000
Posts: 52,925
Rainbow Bridge Gene.

Sucks.
danmdevries Offline
#252 Posted:
Joined: 02-11-2014
Posts: 15,704
Sunoverbeach wrote:
I hate a lack of shutoff valves. Hell, I'd prefer additional isolation valves to easily replace the shutoff valve when it goes bad


When I plumbed my house I put in a shutoff to isolate every branch off the mains in addition to the normal shutoff valves under sinks and stuff.

8trackdisco Offline
#253 Posted:
Joined: 11-06-2004
Posts: 57,610
How different would the world be today if Soft Cell would have changed the name of their one-hit from Tainted Love to Love My Taint?
MACS Offline
#254 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 76,509
8trackdisco wrote:
How different would the world be today if Soft Cell would have changed the name of their one-hit from Tainted Love to Love My Taint?


File under: questions nobody has ever asked...
MACS Offline
#255 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 76,509
4 - 16.9 ounces of bottled water is my goal every day. Normally 5 or more.

You are 70% water, buddy... if you replace it with quality stuff every day, it can't be a bad thing.
tonygraz Offline
#256 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 18,842
So you also drink Aberlour ?
8trackdisco Offline
#257 Posted:
Joined: 11-06-2004
Posts: 57,610
MACS wrote:
File under: questions nobody has ever asked...


I asked. So…
izonfire Offline
#258 Posted:
Joined: 12-09-2013
Posts: 8,495
MACS wrote:
File under: questions nobody has ever asked...

I believe Mark David Latunski has asked that…

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11244177/amp/Michigan-cannibal-admits-killing-eating-man-called-Kevin-Bacon-met-Grindr-2019.html
Sunoverbeach Offline
#259 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 13,258
Morning, peoples. Rolling in towards the home stretch
deadeyedick Offline
#260 Posted:
Joined: 03-13-2003
Posts: 15,056
Morning suno. Quiet in here today. More coffee please.
MACS Offline
#261 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 76,509
tonygraz wrote:
So you also drink Aberlour ?


Well, yesterday it was Kirkland BIB... but it's also made with quality water. Anxious
8trackdisco Offline
#262 Posted:
Joined: 11-06-2004
Posts: 57,610
Getting the sleep rubbed out of my eyes. That is the only body part getting rubbed.
DrMaddVibe Offline
#263 Posted:
Joined: 10-21-2000
Posts: 52,925
8trackdisco wrote:
I asked. So…



Don't think that has a beat you can dance to.
Ram27 Offline
#264 Posted:
Joined: 04-30-2005
Posts: 46,448
Thursday greetings y'all. ram27bat
danmdevries Offline
#265 Posted:
Joined: 02-11-2014
Posts: 15,704
Hello Thursday. But in my head it's Friday because I started my work week a day early and it's impossible to believe otherwise.

I'm so used to working every other weds-tues with very rare exceptions. I even forgot I had switched last Tues to this Tues until about 3pm. Was doing chores, had a few beers, then around 3 I noticed the schedule on the fridge calendar. Well chit. Laid down for a couple hours, got a couple short naps in and went to work. It was unpleasant. Especially since the last two nights were hit the ground running and never stop until you punch out.

danmdevries Offline
#266 Posted:
Joined: 02-11-2014
Posts: 15,704
Was kinda happy at the gas station this morning. I always fill around 200 miles on the trip meter. Habits from days of not having a working gas gauge.

Filled the 96 chevy truck I've been driving while my ram lives at the shpo now and it clicked off really early.

Amazing the difference between 9mpg and 16mpg. Don't sound like much but I did 186 miles and only used 11.5 gallons. It would be 20gal in the Ram.
MACS Offline
#267 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 76,509
What engine? I've got the 5.7L Hemi and I've been getting 16-17 around the town pretty consistently. I got 20 mpg driving across country with the camper shell on and the back stuffed to the top.
Gene363 Offline
#268 Posted:
Joined: 01-24-2003
Posts: 28,796
Good Thursday Morning! It's breezy 62° on the way to 68° today. Looks like we'll be on the better-left side edge of Ian as it's supposed to go up the middle of South Carolina.

Son doing pretty well, thanks y'all.

DrMaddVibe Offline
#269 Posted:
Joined: 10-21-2000
Posts: 52,925
Really happy with the new Jeep...Turbo EcoDiesel 3.0...getting 26 MPH!
RiverRatRuss Offline
#270 Posted:
Joined: 09-02-2022
Posts: 339
Mornin All.... Slept in pretty good this morning!! Chilly 50 this am...

got some crappy news from my Ortho Doc yesterday.. my Arthritis has advanced and what I thought to be stretched tendons or bone spur, turns out to be bone on bone in my wrist. I musta crapped out the remaining Cartlidge last June when I twisted it wrong on our trip? So headed for an MRI and go from there. I think my roofing days are just about over? d'oh!
Gene363 Offline
#271 Posted:
Joined: 01-24-2003
Posts: 28,796
My Silverado Duramax turbocharged diesel straight six averages 22MPG around town and on a trip up the middle of South Carolina at about 55 MPH, got an amazing 37.3 MPG
BuckyB93 Offline
#272 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,833
High 50°s to low 60°s today dropping to mid 40°s tonight. Clear sky all day.

Ordered a set of snow tires for the son's car. Should be here this weekend. Prolly won't put them on until closer to snow season. It'll be his first winter for driving on his own in his first car and I want to make sure he has as the best chance to get through it unscathed. Snow tires, AAA membership, jumper cables, jump start battery pack, and all that other stuff to keep in your trunk for emergency situations.

Mid teen years worry me. My kid's are growing wings and you can't wrap them in bubble wrap. Hopefully they don't do some of the stupid $hit we did when we were teens and hopefully we groomed them well to make the right decisions along the way.

He saw his first big concert a few weeks back - the Red Hot Chilly Peppers at Fenway Park. Would have love to have gone with him but who wants their old man to hang out with him and his friends at a concert. Plus at $300/ticket... too rich for my blood. I come from a $50/ticket era (get off my lawn you whipper snappers!) and $300 is just too crazy of a price to see a concert but it was his own money and his first big show so... whatever.

Hoping all of you guys in the path of Ian are making it through with as little damage as possible. Mother nature is not a force that you can negotiate with.
MACS Offline
#273 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 76,509
Looking like it's going wide of Jville, out into the ocean. We've got mild, steady rain and 20-30 mph gusts at the moment.

I'm west of the 295, though. 20-30 miles from the Atlantic, but not too far from the St. John's River.
Gene363 Offline
#274 Posted:
Joined: 01-24-2003
Posts: 28,796
MACS wrote:
Looking like it's going wide of Jville, out into the ocean. We've got mild, steady rain and 20-30 mph gusts at the moment.

I'm west of the 295, though. 20-30 miles from the Atlantic, but not too far from the St. John's River.


Ian shows respect for Jacksonville's new residents.
RiverRatRuss Offline
#275 Posted:
Joined: 09-02-2022
Posts: 339
Gene363 wrote:
Ian shows respect for Jacksonville's new residents.


MACS mighta lost power or Internet or both by now? My daughter finally text me, she's in Deltona and lost power and part of her fence... My sister hasn't called back yet in Orlando/Ocoee area.. but should be hearing from them soon enough now that the Eye has passed?
MACS Offline
#276 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 76,509
Nope... haven't lost either. Rain has just been a steady drizzle and now the wind has even slowed.
RiverRatRuss Offline
#277 Posted:
Joined: 09-02-2022
Posts: 339
MACS wrote:
Nope... haven't lost either. Rain has just been a steady drizzle and now the wind has even slowed.


Good to hear, we're still zoned in on Fox Orlando news station.. looks like IAN is almost off the coast and headed to stir up the Oyster Beds in South Carolina now... maybe it'll stay off and land around Masstichastis and blow away the Gay bars along Provencetown? better get some strong winds built up.. that place is pretty deep rooted!!! Sarcasm Herfing
DrafterX Offline
#278 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 96,601
Jade's momma musta clogged up the eye of da storm... Mellow
MACS Offline
#279 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 76,509
DrafterX wrote:
Jade's momma musta clogged up the eye of da storm... Mellow


True... true...
Stogie1020 Offline
#280 Posted:
Joined: 12-19-2019
Posts: 3,720
Anyone heard from Robert?

EDIT: Just saw in the IAN thread RiverRatRuss spoke to him.
danmdevries Offline
#281 Posted:
Joined: 02-11-2014
Posts: 15,704
MACS wrote:
What engine? I've got the 5.7L Hemi and I've been getting 16-17 around the town pretty consistently. I got 20 mpg driving across country with the camper shell on and the back stuffed to the top.


My POS Ram has the 6.4 and drinks like a fish. On the highway if I stay under 65 empty it'll hit 15ish but I've never done a full tank on the highway because it breaks every time I've tried to go far. Longest trip I've successfully done was 120 miles. So 15 on a half city half highway tank.

The 96 Chevy has the 4.3 v6 and has only done around town driving. A couple trips down to my parents, about 20 miles at up to 60mph tops. I think it could probably get high teens around 65.
Palama Offline
#282 Posted:
Joined: 02-05-2013
Posts: 20,276
BuckyB93 wrote:
High 50°s to low 60°s today dropping to mid 40°s tonight. Clear sky all day.

Ordered a set of snow tires for the son's car. Should be here this weekend. Prolly won't put them on until closer to snow season. It'll be his first winter for driving on his own in his first car and I want to make sure he has as the best chance to get through it unscathed. Snow tires, AAA membership, jumper cables, jump start battery pack, and all that other stuff to keep in your trunk for emergency situations.

Mid teen years worry me. My kid's are growing wings and you can't wrap them in bubble wrap. Hopefully they don't do some of the stupid $hit we did when we were teens and hopefully we groomed them well to make the right decisions along the way.

He saw his first big concert a few weeks back - the Red Hot Chilly Peppers at Fenway Park. Would have love to have gone with him but who wants their old man to hang out with him and his friends at a concert. Plus at $300/ticket... too rich for my blood. I come from a $50/ticket era (get off my lawn you whipper snappers!) and $300 is just too crazy of a price to see a concert but it was his own money and his first big show so... whatever.

Hoping all of you guys in the path of Ian are making it through with as little damage as possible. Mother nature is not a force that you can negotiate with.


My tops is almost $200 after fees and other BS charges to see Eric Clapton & Stevie Winwood at the LV MGM Grand in 2010. Iirc, the first concert I went to, the Young Rascals in 1966 was probably around $2-$2.50.
Sunoverbeach Offline
#283 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 13,258
Denied the wife seeing Petty at Wrigley Field 'cause tickets were $200 before tax, fee, etc.

Then he up and died, and I ain't heard the end of it
RiverRatRuss Offline
#284 Posted:
Joined: 09-02-2022
Posts: 339
Sunoverbeach wrote:
Denied the wife seeing Petty at Wrigley Field 'cause tickets were $200 before tax, fee, etc.

Then he up and died, and I ain't heard the end of it


You can buy her the complete box set of Petty on DVD for like $50 bucks now that streaming has taken over... and turn the lights down and do the puff puff pass amongst yourselves... Herfing
Sunoverbeach Offline
#285 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 13,258
The 30th Anniversary concert at Gainesville is our go to recording

Jinxed myself. Jammin' Me just came on and I heard about it again
8trackdisco Offline
#286 Posted:
Joined: 11-06-2004
Posts: 57,610
Palama wrote:
My tops is almost $200 after fees and other BS charges to see Eric Clapton & Stevie Winwood at the LV MGM Grand in 2010. Iirc, the first concert I went to, the Young Rascals in 1966 was probably around $2-$2.50.


Last concert was Earth Wind & Fire. $90 per.
First concert was 1981. Rush. $12.
Palama Offline
#287 Posted:
Joined: 02-05-2013
Posts: 20,276
Hope Tua’s injuries aren’t too bad.

Playing Thursday night after a game on Sunday is a bad idea.
dkeage Offline
#288 Posted:
Joined: 03-05-2004
Posts: 14,554
Palama wrote:
Hope Tua’s injuries aren’t too bad.

Playing Thursday night after a game on Sunday is a bad idea.

Didn’t look good. Dolphins going to have some explaining to do. NFLPA already wondering how he got back in last weeks game after stumbling off the field
Palama Offline
#289 Posted:
Joined: 02-05-2013
Posts: 20,276
dkeage wrote:
Didn’t look good. Dolphins going to have some explaining to do. NFLPA already wondering how he got back in last weeks game after stumbling off the field


If I said it once, I’ve said it a dozen times, the Thursday Night games scheduling is horrendous. There is NFW the safety of the players is the primary concern of either the League or the NFLPA when they allow only a 3-day turnaround. Players have barely recovered from their Sunday game to be physically and mentally ready for another in that short time.

Iirc, years ago when the NFL started doing the TNF games, both teams usually played after their bye week. This way, they were both fresh and could install a proper game plan. I think the match-ups were usually division games too. But, this limited the number of games since they wouldn’t start till Week 5 and ended by Week 13. The move to having a Thursday game from Week 1 to the 2nd-to-last week meant more games which equated to more money…and money is what it’s all about.
Sunoverbeach Offline
#290 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 13,258
I thought the Hokey Pokey was what it was all about? Think

Morning, peoples. Happy Friday to youse
Ram27 Offline
#291 Posted:
Joined: 04-30-2005
Posts: 46,448
Welcome to Friday peoples..........ram27bat
RiverRatRuss Offline
#292 Posted:
Joined: 09-02-2022
Posts: 339
Mornin Ya'll...

Full Blown Harvest Season is in Session around here and my sinuses Know It!!! d'oh!
MACS Offline
#293 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 76,509
Mornin' dudes. Coffeed up... need to get the pupper out for his daily deuces, but me first. Anxious

I think the little guy likes our man cave. He slept in his man cave bed all night. Didn't bother coming to the bedroom. Didn't get up in the night to pee, either.
deadeyedick Offline
#294 Posted:
Joined: 03-13-2003
Posts: 15,056
Good Friday early risers. Glad to see the last day of September and the end of another long hot summer. I have paid my dues for another year and get some great weather for the next 8-9 months.
RiverRatRuss Offline
#295 Posted:
Joined: 09-02-2022
Posts: 339
WoW.. Tried to reach out to Ol' Slimboli (Kim) via email and it kicked back on me?

"Your message wasn't delivered to [email protected] because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail."

anyone know if He's doing ok? or still in touch with him?
Gene363 Offline
#296 Posted:
Joined: 01-24-2003
Posts: 28,796
Good Friday Morning! It's 63° on the way to 62° today, rain and wind expected later today.
RiverRatRuss Offline
#297 Posted:
Joined: 09-02-2022
Posts: 339
Gene363 wrote:
Good Friday Morning! It's 63° on the way to 62° today, rain and wind expected later today.


Mornin Gene, the local news here was sayin last night that IAN is sucking the cold weather from the North into it's storm fit it's having... which is fine by me... we're suppose to be in the 70's today whereas the weather has been tilting into the 60's earlier in the week and 30's at night... I'm not ready for this cold Chit!!! Herfing
Gene363 Offline
#298 Posted:
Joined: 01-24-2003
Posts: 28,796
RiverRatRuss wrote:
Mornin Gene, the local news here was sayin last night that IAN is sucking the cold weather from the North into it's storm fit it's having... which is fine by me... we're suppose to be in the 70's today whereas the weather has been tilting into the 60's earlier in the week and 30's at night... I'm not ready for this cold Chit!!! Herfing


And we are happy to ship out some heat, plus cold might cool down Ian.
DrMaddVibe Offline
#299 Posted:
Joined: 10-21-2000
Posts: 52,925
It was in the 60's here in my neck of the woods.

Today...other than storm debris all over the yard...it's a beautiful day. Right now it's 65 with a high of 79 projected.
danmdevries Offline
#300 Posted:
Joined: 02-11-2014
Posts: 15,704
Sunoverbeach wrote:
Denied the wife seeing Petty at Wrigley Field 'cause tickets were $200 before tax, fee, etc.

Then he up and died, and I ain't heard the end of it


Wife wanted to take the boy to Tinley Park to see some band he likes for his birthday. Tickets seemed reasonable, lawn tickets were like $50/ea. So I agreed. But then after adding the fees and parking it came to over $300. No freaking way.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
11 Pages«<2345678910>»