America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 13 months ago by jespear. 38 replies replies.
Zima - Drink of the Gods and Perfect With Cigars??
GhettoNigFabulous Offline
#1 Posted:
Joined: 02-19-2018
Posts: 200

I was too young to drink when Zima first came out. I remember the distinctive bottle, the advertisements and how everyone turned against it saying it sucked and was a drink for girly-men.

Well they have bought Zima back for the summer. I bought a 6 pack at first not knowing what to expect. WOW what a **** drink!

Smooth, tasty and goes down like water. Doesn't make me feel gassy or headachy like beer does. I love it so much I bought a whole case. And man does it go great with a nice cigar. Try it with a Partagas Black , CAO brazilia or Don Felo and then get back to me. The soft sweetness marries beautifully with the elegant smoke of a cigar.

I love ZIMA. Now the only 2 malt beverages that this nig can stand are Crabbies Ginger Beer and now my new favorite, luscious Zima.
RMAN4443 Offline
#2 Posted:
Joined: 09-29-2016
Posts: 5,391
GhettoNigFabulous wrote:
I was too young to drink when Zima first came out. I remember the distinctive bottle, the advertisements and how everyone turned against it saying it sucked and was a drink for girly-men.

Well they have bought Zima back for the summer. I bought a 6 pack at first not knowing what to expect. WOW what a **** drink!

Smooth, tasty and goes down like water. Doesn't make me feel gassy or headachy like beer does. I love it so much I bought a whole case. And man does it go great with a nice cigar. Try it with a Partagas Black , CAO brazilia or Don Felo and then get back to me. The soft sweetness marries beautifully with the elegant smoke of a cigar.

I love ZIMA. Now the only 2 malt beverages that this nig can stand are Crabbies Ginger Beer and now my new favorite, luscious Zima.

I would have thought your malt liquor of choice to be Colt .45Anxious
Whistlebritches Offline
#3 Posted:
Joined: 04-23-2006
Posts: 17,413
GhettoNigFabulous wrote:
I was too young to drink when Zima first came out. I remember the distinctive bottle, the advertisements and how everyone turned against it saying it sucked and was a drink for girly-men.

Well they have bought Zima back for the summer. I bought a 6 pack at first not knowing what to expect. WOW what a **** drink!

Smooth, tasty and goes down like water. Doesn't make me feel gassy or headachy like beer does. I love it so much I bought a whole case. And man does it go great with a nice cigar. Try it with a Partagas Black , CAO brazilia or Don Felo and then get back to me. The soft sweetness marries beautifully with the elegant smoke of a cigar.

I love ZIMA. Now the only 2 malt beverages that this nig can stand are Crabbies Ginger Beer and now my new favorite, luscious Zima.


Zima ............I remember it,never tried it,you have to draw the line somewhere.
Salmoneye Offline
#4 Posted:
Joined: 01-18-2011
Posts: 160
I had no idea GNF was a chick...

shaun341 Offline
#5 Posted:
Joined: 08-02-2012
Posts: 8,127
I drank a ton of Zima summer of 96. Of course I was 18 and dumb so that would explain it. Might give it a go for old time sake but doubt I would make it my summer drink.


Colt 45, is that racist? Who knows anymore?
Speyside Offline
#6 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 7,854
Why not just eat cotton candy with your cigar? Zima was bad way back then, I'm sure it still is.
frankj1 Offline
#7 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 27,447
maybe good with bad cigars though?
Mrs. dpnewell Offline
#8 Posted:
Joined: 08-23-2014
Posts: 1,020
^This! BigGrin

David (dpnewell)
shaun341 Offline
#9 Posted:
Joined: 08-02-2012
Posts: 8,127
That's it, I am bringing a 6er of Zima to Jespear's this weekend and we sill see how they are by how many remain at the end of the night.
SMOKEYOU Offline
#10 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2015
Posts: 2,274
I had me some Xima and jolly ranchers better believe that. Anyone ever got "iced"? (Smirnoff ice)
GhettoNigFabulous Offline
#11 Posted:
Joined: 02-19-2018
Posts: 200
shaun341 wrote:
That's it, I am bringing a 6er of Zima to Jespear's this weekend and we sill see how they are by how many remain at the end of the night.



Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Great move! But better make 2 6er's.. that zima is gonna get drank
Mrs. dpnewell Offline
#12 Posted:
Joined: 08-23-2014
Posts: 1,020
shaun341 wrote:
That's it, I am bringing a 6er of Zima to Jespear's this weekend and we sill see how they are by how many remain at the end of the night.


That's no test. John's friends will drink anything, especially if it's free, lol.

Crap. Weather forcast shows 80% chance of rain and thunder showers on Saturday. I hope it changes.

David (dpnewell)
frankj1 Offline
#13 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 27,447
Mrs. dpnewell wrote:
That's no test. John's friends will drink anything, especially if it's free, lol.

Crap. Weather forcast shows 80% chance of rain and thunder showers on Saturday. I hope it changes.

David (dpnewell)

you gonna be there?
Heard a rumor I may get a call...
Mrs. dpnewell Offline
#14 Posted:
Joined: 08-23-2014
Posts: 1,020
^I'm planning on it but it really depends on the weather. I know one thing for sure. I sure as heck won't be drinking any Zima.

David (dpnewell)
frankj1 Offline
#15 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 27,447
Mrs. dpnewell wrote:
^I'm planning on it but it really depends on the weather. I know one thing for sure. I sure as heck won't be drinking any Zima.

David (dpnewell)

I never doubted your taste in beverages!

If we don't connect, please tell John and Mike how much I appreciate their support.
jespear Offline
#16 Posted:
Joined: 03-19-2004
Posts: 8,492
shaun341 wrote:
That's it, I am bringing a 6er of Zima to Jespear's this weekend and we sill see how they are by how many remain at the end of the night.


Maybe the wives will drink them !




Mrs. dpnewell wrote:
^I'm planning on it but it really depends on the weather. I know one thing for sure. I sure as heck won't be drinking any Zima.

David (dpnewell)


I have two patio umbrellas and a pop-up canopy ready to go !




frankj1 wrote:
you gonna be there?
Heard a rumor I may get a call...


That you may ! :-"




frankj1 wrote:
I never doubted your taste in beverages!

If we don't connect, please tell John and Mike how much I appreciate their support.

Big Hug
tonygraz Offline
#17 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 10,758
That Zima sounds like it will pair well with Don Smith serie Dee cigars.
tamapatom Offline
#18 Posted:
Joined: 03-19-2015
Posts: 7,191
Zima was one of those things that was interesting for about 15 minutes of fame. Go figure they would bring it back after we forgot how bad it was. They will pull it again and reintroduce next year when it will be new again.

GFN, Drink it in a binge and then tell us it is the Drink of Gods. Pray at the Porcelain throne.
DrMaddVibe Offline
#19 Posted:
Joined: 10-21-2000
Posts: 47,726
I can see the new ad for that stuff now.

Zima...makes really bad things taste palatable!

I bet it pairs well with a Lone Wolf.

Chuck Norris would be pleased.
Speyside Offline
#20 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 7,854
Doc, I think you are close. Zima makes really bad things taste less bad.
DrMaddVibe Offline
#21 Posted:
Joined: 10-21-2000
Posts: 47,726
Speyside wrote:
Doc, I think you are close. Zima makes really bad things taste less bad.



Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan


bgz Offline
#22 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 7,257
I'm glad GNF found a replacement for his Mad Dog 20/20.
Speyside Offline
#23 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 7,854
I thought it was Bartles and James.
RMAN4443 Offline
#24 Posted:
Joined: 09-29-2016
Posts: 5,391
I was thinking it was ThunderBird, Night Train, or Fred Sanford's favorite...…..Rippled'oh! Anxious
Speyside Offline
#25 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 7,854
Man, you missed Richards Wild Irish Rose.
DrMaddVibe Offline
#26 Posted:
Joined: 10-21-2000
Posts: 47,726
Speyside wrote:
Man, you missed Richards Wild Irish Rose.



Perhaps he really didn't! LOL!

For yours and others consideration...the often forgotten and overlooked Boone's Farm and all their various "flavors".horse
jespear Offline
#27 Posted:
Joined: 03-19-2004
Posts: 8,492
And there's always WHITE TIGER, or my favorite as a kid, Spatola Blackberry.
tonygraz Offline
#28 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 10,758
I wonder if he ever tried Moxie.
frankj1 Offline
#29 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 27,447
RMAN4443 wrote:
I was thinking it was ThunderBird, Night Train, or Fred Sanford's favorite...…..Rippled'oh! Anxious

champipple! yum.
jjanecka Offline
#30 Posted:
Joined: 12-08-2015
Posts: 3,813
One great thing about Czechs, when you're wrong, stay wrong. What could be better than a drink that tastes like Orange flavored Schaefer? Not much. I love Zima personally; it's a trainwreck. Kinda like that chick that's so ugly you have to look at her a couple more times just to make sure she's really that ugly.
shaun341 Offline
#31 Posted:
Joined: 08-02-2012
Posts: 8,127
Just cracked one and not a fan anymore. Taste like a sprite with a touch of alcohol. I don't care for citrus normally with my cigars.
jespear Offline
#32 Posted:
Joined: 03-19-2004
Posts: 8,492
shaun341 wrote:
Just cracked one and not a fan anymore. Taste like a sprite with a touch of alcohol. I don't care for citrus normally with my cigars.


Well, apparently, no one else at the herf was a fan either . . . 5 of the 6 you brought are still in the cooler. RollEyes
GhettoNigFabulous Offline
#33 Posted:
Joined: 02-19-2018
Posts: 200
tamapatom wrote:
Zima was one of those things that was interesting for about 15 minutes of fame. Go figure they would bring it back after we forgot how bad it was. They will pull it again and reintroduce next year when it will be new again.

GFN, Drink it in a binge and then tell us it is the Drink of Gods. Pray at the Porcelain throne.



But thats the mistake. Drink anything in a binge and you will feel like **** the next day.

I always drink in moderation. Be it my Crabbies, Zima or when I'm sipping some 'yac. I like to have at most 4 drinks. Just as long as the cigar lasts.

GhettoNigFabulous Offline
#34 Posted:
Joined: 02-19-2018
Posts: 200
jespear wrote:
Well, apparently, no one else at the herf was a fan either . . . 5 of the 6 you brought are still in the cooler. RollEyes




Try drinking em this afternoon brother
jespear Offline
#35 Posted:
Joined: 03-19-2004
Posts: 8,492
GhettoNigFabulous wrote:
Try drinking em this afternoon brother


Worked up a good sweat and thirst, this afternoon, cleaning up after yesterday's herf.
Poured myself a big tall glass of Zima and downed about half of it.
Quite refreshing, but I had no desire whatsoever to finish the second half.
Mrs. dpnewell Offline
#36 Posted:
Joined: 08-23-2014
Posts: 1,020
jespear wrote:
Worked up a good sweat and thirst, this afternoon, cleaning up after yesterday's herf.
Poured myself a big tall glass of Zima and downed about half of it.
Quite refreshing, but I had no desire whatsoever to finish the second half.


Smart man.

Are you going to post about the herf? Maybe a photo or two? I'm really bummed that I couldn't make it, but that migrane had me down all day. Nauseous and couldn't even think about smoking a cigar, nor would I have been able to make the drive.

David (dpnewell)
GhettoNigFabulous Offline
#37 Posted:
Joined: 02-19-2018
Posts: 200
jespear wrote:
Worked up a good sweat and thirst, this afternoon, cleaning up after yesterday's herf.
Poured myself a big tall glass of Zima and downed about half of it.
Quite refreshing, but I had no desire whatsoever to finish the second half.



They are even more refreshing if you put it in the freezer for an hour or 2 until it gets ice crystals in the bottle.

Absolutely delicious
jespear Offline
#38 Posted:
Joined: 03-19-2004
Posts: 8,492
Mrs. dpnewell wrote:
Smart man.

Are you going to post about the herf? Maybe a photo or two? I'm really bummed that I couldn't make it, but that migrane had me down all day. Nauseous and couldn't even think about smoking a cigar, nor would I have been able to make the drive.

David (dpnewell)


Nothing much to post, Dave.
Same ole same ole.
Just a good old fashioned BBQ and herf.
Nobody thought to take pictures, sorry.
Everybody was asking for you . . . even Frankie Tripod when we called him.
A good time was had by all . . . or so they tell me.
I missed ya, buddy . . . as did Sally.
Hope you're feeling better.
Users browsing this topic
Guest