America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 12 months ago by HuckFinn. 99 replies replies.
2 Pages<12
California Democrats Abandoning Blacks
DrafterX Offline
#51 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 88,326
You want someone to lie to you so you'll feel better..?? Huh
HuckFinn Offline
#52 Posted:
Joined: 07-10-2017
Posts: 2,044
DrafterX wrote:
You want someone to lie to you so you'll feel better..?? Huh

No. Tell us the truth. Are there ANY fine Neo-Nazis?
Speyside Offline
#53 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 7,854
Rick, the first part was directed toward you. The second part was directed toward anyone who agreed there were fine people on both sides. I should have been clearer on that point.
DrafterX Offline
#54 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 88,326
Not in my book.... Is everyone who believes that statue should still be standing a neo-nazi..?? Huh
bgz Offline
#55 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 7,257
Ancient Astronaut Theorists say yes!

By that logic, I believe Huck is an Astronaut Alien Theorist...

So he says yes too.
Speyside Offline
#56 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 7,854
That was not the question Drafter. So is what you are saying is that good people marched with white supremicists? Because that is the question.
DrafterX Offline
#57 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 88,326
I'm saying, and have said before, not everyone there supporting the statue were marching withe nazis... Although it's portrayed that way right.? If you like the statue you must be racist and nazi... Mellow
victor809 Offline
#58 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 18,139
Ive said before, if you're marching with Nazis you should get lumped in with Nazis.

I don't care if the cause is healthcare for orphan children. If you see Nazis marching next to you, you either get them out of your protests or get out of the protest yourself. If you stay, I see nothing wrong with associating you with Nazis.
DrafterX Offline
#59 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 88,326
Basically you had people who want to re-write history and remove all the statues and those who don't... Some, not all be any means, just happen to be nazi freaks.. that particular day anyway.. the anti-nazis but pro-statue people got thrown in to the nazi crowd because the like history and stuff... Mellow
HuckFinn Offline
#60 Posted:
Joined: 07-10-2017
Posts: 2,044
A girl was killed and 19 were injured because some Nazi fruitcake drove his car into a throng of counterprotesters. But Maxine Waters....

This was a "Unite the Right" rally of white nationalists and other right-wing groups more than it was a 'save the historic statue' warm and fuzzy event.
DrafterX Offline
#61 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 88,326
Obama started it all with the damn politically correct crap.. blame him... Mellow
delta1 Offline
#62 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 16,834
and he allowed all those statues to be put up, even tho they were intended to intimidate blacks in the area...ram27bat
bgz Offline
#63 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 7,257
--- StartThreadJack ---

Man, one of these days, I would like to take Drafter around the internet trolling lib sites, that s**t would be so awesome...

LMFAO, they wouldn't know what hit em.

--- EndThreadJack ---
delta1 Offline
#64 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 16,834
That crap started getting passed around on Facebook, so I stopped looking in...get enough of my blood boiling here, where I have stuff in common and am friends with those I'm bantering with...life is too short to take this stuff too seriously...
bgz Offline
#65 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 7,257
IKR, that's why I crack jokes :/
victor809 Offline
#66 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 18,139
If one thinks removing a statue is "rewriting history" then you don't understand the purpose of books.

victor809 Offline
#67 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 18,139
History:
People tried to leave the USA so they could keep slaves
They got their azzes handed to them
Decades later, in an attempt to intimidate the now free slaves , they erected statues to the losing traitors to the USA.
Decades after that, our population decided to start removing these statues as we realized they were statues honoring a set of troops who were fighting to be able to own others.

The act of removing the statues is part of history.
bgz Offline
#68 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 7,257
I vaguely remember the statue incident...

Forget what side I was arguing :/

I was probably pro statue because that would lead to greater discord.

OK, let's try this again...

Quit ripping down our statues!!!
DrafterX Offline
#69 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 88,326
delta1 wrote:
That crap started getting passed around on Facebook, so I stopped looking in...get enough of my blood boiling here, where I have stuff in common and am friends with those I'm bantering with...life is too short to take this stuff too seriously...



I'm sorry... Sad
HuckFinn Offline
#70 Posted:
Joined: 07-10-2017
Posts: 2,044
bgz wrote:
Ancient Astronaut Theorists say yes!

By that logic, I believe Huck is an Astronaut Alien Theorist...

So he says yes too.

I am.
An Ancient Illegal Alien!
As a BABY I was ripped from my MOTHERship ...but don't pity me earthlings..
I'll be reunited with mother soon I'm told...?
Here take my DNA!

....but...sadly...years have passed...terrible plumbing btw...and when finally I DEMANDED to speak to your leader I was flown .....to Russia!

Guy there, also of alien origin, laughed at my situation and as a joke, well, he laughed
anyway, sent me back to his newly conquered territory, America, to the one he called Comrade Golden Showers.
Travel time was ridiculous! Makes note: this planet is retarted.

Back in the States, a mischievous looking, sad but grinning orange follicled-headed foaming at the mouth baboon in a red cap and elephant pajamas (I assumed the aforementioned Comrade ) ordered me placed in a strange metal cage and given a tweeter account. #mytoiletstoppedflushingsendsomebody
DrafterX Offline
#71 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 88,326
I heard about you... Mellow
HuckFinn Offline
#72 Posted:
Joined: 07-10-2017
Posts: 2,044
DrafterX wrote:
I heard about you... Mellow

I'm sure you did.

Was front page news in Pravda.
bgz Offline
#73 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 7,257
Holy s***, I knew you were a friggin alien... I KNEW IT!!!
HuckFinn Offline
#74 Posted:
Joined: 07-10-2017
Posts: 2,044
I laughed writing #70.....but apparently alone...

Hurtful ....Unsure
bgz Offline
#75 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 7,257
If there was a like button, I probably would have clicked it.

Now back to your own world, we don't want your kind here.
Mdp8903 Offline
#76 Posted:
Joined: 02-24-2015
Posts: 48
Yeah... umm... the whole orange thing has kind of been played out (Not that it was ever funny) There’s plenty of other comedy to be had with this or any president.

Got anything besides the tired old Russia collusion, golden shower and orange humor? Or are you just going to reply with categorizing any/all supporters of the president with white Nationalsts or nazis?

Don’t get me wrong, Trump is a cartoon character, and I cringe every time he gets behind a microphone, but you have to admit that he’s doing a lot of what he said when campaigning and no president has ever been attacked by the media and those with the means AND outlet to criticize him (Cartoons, Showtime “Circus” series, Colbert, Kimmel, Bill Mahr, etc.) like he’s been. Criticize all you want, it’s your right, but the intolerance and whining of the “tolerant” left has been exposed and it is tiresome. The SOB is leading the way he said he would and you don’t have to agree with his style of leadership, but at least he’s putting the country he’s been elected to lead first.
delta1 Offline
#77 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 16,834
yah...one has to find his heroes wherever and whoever they are...leaders who have been relegated to the trash-heap of history all had their loyal followers/supporters, even Nixon...
HuckFinn Offline
#78 Posted:
Joined: 07-10-2017
Posts: 2,044
Mdp8903 wrote:
Yeah... umm... the whole orange thing has kind of been played out (Not that it was ever funny) There’s plenty of other comedy to be had with this or any president.

Got anything besides the tired old Russia collusion, golden shower and orange humor? Or are you just going to reply with categorizing any/all supporters of the president with white Nationalsts or nazis?

Don’t get me wrong, Trump is a cartoon character, and I cringe every time he gets behind a microphone, but you have to admit that he’s doing a lot of what he said when campaigning and no president has ever been attacked by the media and those with the means AND outlet to criticize him (Cartoons, Showtime “Circus” series, Colbert, Kimmel, Bill Mahr, etc.) like he’s been. Criticize all you want, it’s your right, but the intolerance and whining of the “tolerant” left has been exposed and it is tiresome. The SOB is leading the way he said he would and you don’t have to agree with his style of leadership, but at least he’s putting the country he’s been elected to lead first.

You're mostly right. The media targets the guy relentlessly.
But did you tire of Obama's birthing accusations? I doubt it..how about when Trump himself called Obama the most ignorant president in our history? Or the cartoons of the Obamas depicted as primates?

Orange doesnt seem so inflammatory by comparison.

Ok, MSM didn't 'pick on' Obama. But isn't what you call 'tired' insults just anger and frustration spilling over? Yeah, it gets old but it sure does feel good.

I do appreciate your admitting you cringe also.

A big difference between your take and mine is I despise where he's leading us:
Antagonizing allies and aligning with enemies, constant name calling, ambiguous messaging about Muslims and minorities, ignoring the science that warns of global warming, all indicate a bizarre and dangerous direction imo.

But I see your point. It's just hard to have respect for a person who respects no one.
HuckFinn Offline
#79 Posted:
Joined: 07-10-2017
Posts: 2,044
bgz wrote:
If there was a like button, I probably would have clicked it.

Now back to your own world, we don't want your kind here.


Don't encourage me. I may never shut up.
Mdp8903 Offline
#80 Posted:
Joined: 02-24-2015
Posts: 48
The whole birthing thing got old quick and never was a big deal. I thought cartoons of the Obamas depicted as primates was distasteful. I didn’t care for his policies and direction he drove the country towards, but he wasn’t as easy of target because he had charisma. My point with the orange thing is that it was a bad makeup job or sunless tan crap on Trump and lefties have clung to that for name-calling and belittling him.

Yes, anger and frustration spilling over could explain a lot of it and with social media, ppl have a bigger platform and microphone than ever. However, the level of vitriol and hatred being spewed because their candidate lost 2 years ago has reached a level we’ve never seen (therapy dogs and counselors, coloring books on college campuses) I mean, some can’t be reasoned with or are even willing to have constructive conversations.

I teach history and civics and the biggest frustration for me is how ignorant the majority of the young population is (right & left) in regards to the Constitution and our history... and there’s not much of a desire to understand it.

I’m to the point where I would support a 5th grade-level basic civics test that you are required to pass in order to vote. Simple things like how many branches of gov?, what are they?, what are the BOR?, etc. Nothing like post-reconstruction literacy tests... After all, isn’t our job as citizens to cast an INFORMED vote? I think it would weed out a lot of awfully ignorant individuals that get to cancel out informed peoples votes. Plus, it would force American citizens to become more aware of American fundamentals if they want to participate in our representative democracy. If you want to vote, then prove your head isn’t up your ass. I would also argue that our LEGAL immigrants are better informed to vote than many born citizens because they have to pass that civics test to become legal.

Interested to hear your thoughts
bgz Offline
#81 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 7,257
I would add jurors to that list.

Disclaimer... I would probably fail the BOR test... I remember most of them, but not necessarily the order.

I'm sure I forgot a couple of them... I'm only counting 8 right now :/


Mdp8903 Offline
#82 Posted:
Joined: 02-24-2015
Posts: 48
Great point bgz on jurors. How many mistrials and retrials have because of idiots on the jury at taxpayer expense.

Although Im sure ppl would purposefully fail the test to be excused from jury duty.
bgz Offline
#83 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 7,257
Mdp8903 wrote:
Great point bgz on jurors. How many mistrials and retrials have because of idiots on the jury at taxpayer expense.

Although Im sure ppl would purposefully fail the test to be excused from jury duty.


I thought about that too but omitted it from my post because if they fail on purpose, then they lose their voting rights.
delta1 Offline
#84 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 16,834
Mdp8903 wrote:
Yeah... umm... the whole orange thing has kind of been played out (Not that it was ever funny) There’s plenty of other comedy to be had with this or any president.

Got anything besides the tired old Russia collusion, golden shower and orange humor? Or are you just going to reply with categorizing any/all supporters of the president with white Nationalsts or nazis?

Don’t get me wrong, Trump is a cartoon character, and I cringe every time he gets behind a microphone, but you have to admit that he’s doing a lot of what he said when campaigning and no president has ever been attacked by the media and those with the means AND outlet to criticize him (Cartoons, Showtime “Circus” series, Colbert, Kimmel, Bill Mahr, etc.) like he’s been. Criticize all you want, it’s your right, but the intolerance and whining of the “tolerant” left has been exposed and it is tiresome. The SOB is leading the way he said he would and you don’t have to agree with his style of leadership, but at least he’s putting the country he’s been elected to lead first.


I sense your frustration at the coarseness and incivility of our political discourse...you missed the level of "respect" the cons gave Obama here during his 8 years in office...talk about tiresome intolerant whining (understatement)...stick around and you'll see residues from the era among some of the cons here...

Some examples: Kenyan King, Lyin King, Obummer, Barry Soetero...


now the libs are doing some name-calling of an opposition President...this has been part of our political scene since.....................................muck-raking?

Always hurts more if your ox is getting gored, but keep up your spirits if you think your ox is doing a good job...you can't do anything about him getting gored, though...
HuckFinn Offline
#85 Posted:
Joined: 07-10-2017
Posts: 2,044
Mdp8903 wrote:
The whole birthing thing got old quick and never was a big deal. I thought cartoons of the Obamas depicted as primates was distasteful. I didn’t care for his policies and direction he drove the country towards, but he wasn’t as easy of target because he had charisma. My point with the orange thing is that it was a bad makeup job or sunless tan crap on Trump and lefties have clung to that for name-calling and belittling him.

Yes, anger and frustration spilling over could explain a lot of it and with social media, ppl have a bigger platform and microphone than ever. However, the level of vitriol and hatred being spewed because their candidate lost 2 years ago has reached a level we’ve never seen (therapy dogs and counselors, coloring books on college campuses) I mean, some can’t be reasoned with or are even willing to have constructive conversations.

I teach history and civics and the biggest frustration for me is how ignorant the majority of the young population is (right & left) in regards to the Constitution and our history... and there’s not much of a desire to understand it.

I’m to the point where I would support a 5th grade-level basic civics test that you are required to pass in order to vote. Simple things like how many branches of gov?, what are they?, what are the BOR?, etc. Nothing like post-reconstruction literacy tests... After all, isn’t our job as citizens to cast an INFORMED vote? I think it would weed out a lot of awfully ignorant individuals that get to cancel out informed peoples votes. Plus, it would force American citizens to become more aware of American fundamentals if they want to participate in our representative democracy. If you want to vote, then prove your head isn’t up your ass. I would also argue that our LEGAL immigrants are better informed to vote than many born citizens because they have to pass that civics test to become legal.

Interested to hear your thoughts

You've shifted the conversation, but make some really interesting and valid points I think.


Regarding Trump, I'm thoroughly convinced he's way out of his depth. He's not bright, dignified or qualified..and that's the short list. I don't agree that the reason the left (along with many Conservatives and traditional Republicans ) can't be reasoned with is because Hillary lost. It was more a matter of this moron won!? Trump's election victory was stupifying. Numbing. It's still mind-boggling to me that otherwise reasonable people couldn't see through his shtick. His ineptitude.  Him!


Even at his rallies, but especially since the election America seems unrecognizable to me. Hillary was boring but clearly qualified. Ultimately she was successfully maligned and demonized and then, last minute, derailed  by Comey's interference. It was a no-brainer imo: Hillary, an old school politician, not squeaky clean of course, or Trump, a carnival barker, with a rap sheet to rival Caligula. So yeah, I can't listen to Trump supporters/apologists and not get hot under the collar. No reasonable defense seems even possible. The man lacks character. And I think we're in trouble.

This is my country, what my kids and grandkids are going to inherit. It's no small matter. If any of the other 16 Republican candidates would have won the nomination and election I  doubt they'd have met with the abuse Trump has. But of course would Jeb or Rubio etc have antagonized the media like Trump? Nope.  He likes it and therefore invites it. So, that's my take. Wasn't that I lost, it was THIS GUY won. THIS GUY!


The idea that citizens should be better informed is brilliant. And like most brilliancies, probably pie in the sky.

There's hardly a criticism of democracy that's invalid from Plato to Churchill imo. (Didn't Plato actually warn future democracies about the inevitability of an oaf like Trump?) 
That said, educating and testing, excellent ideas, have little chance of ever being actualized, particularly testing. The masses, left and right, are addicted to their  prejudices. Their laziness too. They'd reject testing. Because they'd fail testing and in a democracy you just have to show up and youre good at the voting booth. Why risk that. But incorporating it in to the curriculum? Good idea.
HuckFinn Offline
#86 Posted:
Joined: 07-10-2017
Posts: 2,044
bgz wrote:
I would add jurors to that list.

Disclaimer... I would probably fail the BOR test... I remember most of them, but not necessarily the order.

I'm sure I forgot a couple of them... I'm only counting 8 right now :/



I always thought couples getting married/ having kids should probably be educated and tested...
bgz Offline
#87 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 7,257
HuckFinn wrote:
I always thought couples getting married/ having kids should probably be educated and tested...


What about the ones not getting married and are too high on meth to GAF that they're having a kid?
HuckFinn Offline
#88 Posted:
Joined: 07-10-2017
Posts: 2,044
bgz wrote:
What about the ones not getting married and are too high on meth to GAF that they're having a kid?

Dumb question.

They get a pass.
frankj1 Offline
#89 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 27,446
bgz wrote:
What about the ones not getting married and are too high on meth to GAF that they're having a kid?

they're needed to fill those juries.
all the educated proper citizens shirk this annoyance.
bgz Offline
#90 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 7,257
HuckFinn wrote:
Dumb question.

They get a pass.


Oh ya, forgot how lefty minds work, my bad.
bgz Offline
#91 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 7,257
frankj1 wrote:
they're needed to fill those juries.
all the educated proper citizens shirk this annoyance.


I guess that's true, I always manage to get out of it :D
frankj1 Offline
#92 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 27,446
yet another reason to allow illegals in:

migrant jurors.

a job no smart American wants.
delta1 Offline
#93 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 16,834
this veered right into the the hilarity lane...
frankj1 Offline
#94 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 27,446
you're welcome
bgz Offline
#95 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 7,257
HuckFinn wrote:
Don't encourage me. I may never shut up.


Just noticed this one...

Like there's anything I can say that would prevent that from happening... Pshhh.
HuckFinn Offline
#96 Posted:
Joined: 07-10-2017
Posts: 2,044
Forgot to mention, regarding Trump, in addition to being inept, he cheated!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/02/13/when-we-talk-about-russian-meddling-what-do-we-actually-mean/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4b5f06eb79d4

RUSSIANS!!
RMAN4443 Online
#97 Posted:
Joined: 09-29-2016
Posts: 5,390
HuckFinn wrote:
Forgot to mention, regarding Trump, in addition to being inept, he cheated!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/02/13/when-we-talk-about-russian-meddling-what-do-we-actually-mean/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4b5f06eb79d4

RUSSIANS!!

I like their salad dressing...Anxious
DrafterX Offline
#98 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 88,326
I heard they carry dried fishes in their pockets... Mellow
HuckFinn Offline
#99 Posted:
Joined: 07-10-2017
Posts: 2,044
Freaking cheaters
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12