America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 5 weeks ago by ontrackp. 62 replies replies.
2 Pages<12
indoor smoking without getting a divorce
lance4824 Offline
#51 Posted:
I smoke on deck time to time but 90% plus of cigars are smoked in my garage. My garage has a TV with surround sound (Man cave) and I work in there also. I am renting this house and the garage is the first floor. You have to walk up a set of stair to get to front door to enter the main floor of the house. This garage is a two car garage but it doesn't have a side door. I have to enter and exit through the two car garage door only. This creates a problem when smoking and the door is closed because the garage is filled with smoke. I do have a propane heater I use during the winter keep the garage warm.

Any ideas on how to pump the smoke out and not all the heat?
dstieger Online
#52 Posted:
opelmanta1900 wrote:
rip willyv...

Hope he's just resting.....
delta1 Offline
#53 Posted:
Palama wrote:
Iffin' you hop on a plane going West, I'll hop on one going East. We'll meet at Al's garage. Herfing

Sounds like a good start for a SoCal Sunshine Herf here in Corona CA...besides the man-cave, we can soak in the spa/jacuzzi and if the weather is warm/hot, take a dip in the pool. I can fire up the grill or start the smoker after filling it with cuts and slabs of meat. MACS can be relied upon to bring a cooler full of top-notch brews and Opel has a corner on the salsas...

let's gitter done...
delta1 Offline
#54 Posted:
lance4824 wrote:

if there is attic space above the ceiling you can install an in-line extractor fan (similar to a bathroom exhaust fan) to pull the smoke out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8L-fANbIu4
Pudding Mittens Offline
#55 Posted:
lance4824 wrote:

A HEPA air cleaner helps, preferably with a CPZ filter too but it's not mandatory. HEPA and its activated charcoal prefilter takes out all the particulates and some of the smell, CPZ takes out some of the gasses and nearly all the rest of the smell.

Not as good as blowing the smoke completely outside, but features zero heat loss.

What might be good is a combo. Draw in a smaller amount of fresh air, exhaust a smaller amount of smoky air, and use HEPA or HEPA/CPZ as a supplement. Minimizes heat loss.

The Honeywell standalone HEPA air cleaners are my favorite. Plop them on the floor in any room and just plug them in. No installation, ducting, etc. They're quiet and they work very, very well against cigar smoke.

They also eliminate essentially all of the dust, mold spores, pet dander, and all other particulates and many gasses from the air that goes through them, making them great for allergy sufferers.
opelmanta1900 Online
#56 Posted:
delta1 wrote:
Sounds like a good start for a SoCal Sunshine Herf here in Corona CA...besides the man-cave, we can soak in the spa/jacuzzi and if the weather is warm/hot, take a dip in the pool. I can fire up the grill or start the smoker after filling it with cuts and slabs of meat. MACS can be relied upon to bring a cooler full of top-notch brews and Opel has a corner on the salsas...

let's gitter done...

Don't forget the cheesecake!
delta1 Offline
#57 Posted:
Oh MAN!!! That was SOME cheesecake...

http://www.cigarbid.com/...0/morro-bay-cheesecake-

and victor will definitely bring a bottle of top shelf single malt scotch...

we gotta get palama and whistle to settle on a date...
opelmanta1900 Online
#58 Posted:
I heard Drafter heard Victor got banned...
delta1 Offline
#59 Posted:
what did he do this time, send the ladies of CS a cookie shaped like his weinie?
delta1 Offline
#60 Posted:
what happened to the farewell photo we took at Morro Bay with the "where's Waldo" insert?
nmsolo Offline
#61 Posted:
Live in NYC..No way to smoke indoors here.
Get on a thick down jacket, some gloves, and a hat and hope you don't get stabbed basically is my ritual.

God I have to move out of here...horse
ontrackp Offline
#62 Posted:
I got a propane heater and kind-of-comfortable chair and a little table in the garage now. Works great.