America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 5 hours ago by Pudding Mittens. 108 replies replies.
3 Pages123>
2019 cigar of the year...
opelmanta1900 Offline
#1 Posted:
Joined: 01-10-2012
Posts: 10,675
My Father La Promesa Lancero... You heard it here first... Buy a box while you still can... And then send me a few as a thank you...
frankj1 Offline
#2 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 30,599
2019 mooch post of the year
opelmanta1900 Offline
#3 Posted:
Joined: 01-10-2012
Posts: 10,675
Well... Did you buy a box?
USNGunner Offline
#4 Posted:
Joined: 05-17-2019
Posts: 2,115
Oh boy. Thanks. There Goes another Benjamin. BigGrin
USNGunner Offline
#5 Posted:
Joined: 05-17-2019
Posts: 2,115
opelmanta1900 wrote:
My Father La Promesa Lancero... You heard it here first... Buy a box while you still can... And then send me a few as a thank you...


So. Are you serious about this or is this a another CAO Brazil reference? Think
opelmanta1900 Offline
#6 Posted:
Joined: 01-10-2012
Posts: 10,675
100% serious... And if you can find a box for a Benjamin get me like 6...
USNGunner Offline
#7 Posted:
Joined: 05-17-2019
Posts: 2,115
opelmanta1900 wrote:
100% serious... And if you can find a box for a Benjamin get me like 6...


LOL. Yeah, after I looked it's more like 2. Although the trident place has a 20% off anniversary discount right now. Just under a bill and a half.

V
opelmanta1900 Offline
#8 Posted:
Joined: 01-10-2012
Posts: 10,675
I got mine for $150 with overnight shipping, But that included the application of a $30 credit and a $30 coupon... If you can get em anywhere near $150 I'd say worth it...
mjrburn Offline
#9 Posted:
Joined: 02-28-2016
Posts: 727
The scary place has the petite rob, box of 20, for $104 w/free shipping...runs out at midnight et tonight.
Pudding Mittens Offline
#10 Posted:
Joined: 08-15-2016
Posts: 891
mjrburn wrote:
The scary place has the petite rob, box of 20, for $104 w/free shipping...runs out at midnight et tonight.

Wouldn't you rather pay $86.32 or $83.20 instead?

Bee-Oh-Tee-Ell-Oh-Arr-Gee
--OR--
Two-Zero-Oh-Eff-Eff-You-Pee-Ess

You're welcome!

Unfortunately, the item mentioned is not on the scary site anymore (as of 1PM Eastern time). But those "magic words" work on anything.
.
Numismaniac Offline
#11 Posted:
Joined: 01-13-2012
Posts: 11,451
I really enjoy lanceros, but I haven't bought hardly any domestic cigars in a few years now. Seems a bit pricey! Maybe I've become more of a cheapskate, hehe!
mjrburn Offline
#12 Posted:
Joined: 02-28-2016
Posts: 727
Pudding Mittens wrote:
Wouldn't you rather pay $86.32 or $83.20 instead?

Bee-Oh-Tee-Ell-Oh-Arr-Gee
Two-Zero-Oh-Eff-Eff-You-Pee-Ess

You're welcome!

Unfortunately, the item mentioned is not on the scary site anymore (as of 1PM Eastern time). But those "magic words" work on anything.
.


Thanks Pudding Mittens, you saved me some cash again! Order placed, 20% off, sweet deal! =d> I owe you one!

Also, the item is still available, but it's not in the list of items that are pictured. If you click on "Filter By Brand" and type in "My Father" they'll show up on the list. They tend to have 20 to 30 items in that list that are not pictured and they are usually boxes with pretty good discounts.

Marcus
Pudding Mittens Offline
#13 Posted:
Joined: 08-15-2016
Posts: 891
mjrburn wrote:
Thanks Pudding Mittens, you saved me some cash again! Order placed, 20% off, sweet deal! Applause I owe you one!

No problem, glad to help! Many times some good leaf brother told me about sales and codes, and I saved a schittload of cash over the years. Just pay it forward to other cigar dudes!

Quote:
Also, the item is still available, but it's not in the list of items that are pictured. If you click on "Filter By Brand" and type in "My Father" they'll show up on list. They tend to have 20 to 30 items in that list that are not pictured and they are usually boxes with pretty good discounts.


Nice, I didn't know that! Thanks for the info! If all my containers weren't full and I hadn't just dropped a ton of cash lately on cigarstuff, I'd pick up a couple boxes of this new Pepin one, but I'm gonna stay on the sidelines for awhile.

"Eyeball the manufacturer dropdown listings" is good to know for the future though! Thanks!

Enjoy the smokes. Rothschild (4.5x50) is a great size, it should showcase Pepin's talents nicely! I love the MUWAT Nightcrawler in that same size. Yum.
.

opelmanta1900 Offline
#14 Posted:
Joined: 01-10-2012
Posts: 10,675
Numismaniac wrote:
I really enjoy lanceros, but I haven't bought hardly any domestic cigars in a few years now. Seems a bit pricey! Maybe I've become more of a cheapskate, hehe!

I pretty much only smoke Tatuaje or my father these days... A preferred size from either will run at least $7-$10... Everything online is hit with a minimum 10% tax... Shipping has gone up...

But you know if you send your addy I'll definitely throw one or two in your direction... Herfing
Numismaniac Offline
#15 Posted:
Joined: 01-13-2012
Posts: 11,451
HEHE, I'm not falling for that one, BWAHAHAHAHA! I haven't been giving out my new addy, and some yahoos pushed down the mailbox at the farm and I haven't replaced it yet. Doesn't help that the mailbox was stolen after I started digging a new hole?!?!?!
Numismaniac Offline
#16 Posted:
Joined: 01-13-2012
Posts: 11,451
Thanks anyway, Brother! You have done me proud just by keeping that variety of Cherokee White Eagle Native corn growing all these years later. That means a lot to someone like me.
opelmanta1900 Offline
#17 Posted:
Joined: 01-10-2012
Posts: 10,675
Happy to do it! Every grow is a new experience and it was cool to see what it did with the stain glass corn...

Got lucky on that hybrid as the stain glass is under 90 days and 'numi corn' can take up to 150...

Just coincidence that the tassels of the latter still had a little pollen when the silks of the former appeared...
opelmanta1900 Offline
#18 Posted:
Joined: 01-10-2012
Posts: 10,675
Btw, this next spring will be my first attempt at aquaponic numi corn... Wish me luck, it'll probably be a disaster...
frankj1 Offline
#19 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 30,599
opelmanta1900 wrote:
Happy to do it! Every grow is a new experience and it was cool to see what it did with the stain glass corn...

Got lucky on that hybrid as the stain glass is under 90 days and 'numi corn' can take up to 150...

Just coincidence that the tassels of the latter still had a little pollen when the silks of the former appeared...

corn porn?
izonfire Offline
#20 Posted:
Joined: 12-09-2013
Posts: 3,566
frankj1 wrote:
corn porn?


Glistening, quivering niblets.
Are we headed back into the clitoral hood???
USNGunner Offline
#21 Posted:
Joined: 05-17-2019
Posts: 2,115
izonfire wrote:
Glistening, quivering niblets.
Are we headed back into the clitoral hood???


She said "huskily"
delta1 Offline
#22 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 19,024
From past experience, the same blend of cigars in different vitolas taste different...anybody compare the MF La Promesa lancero to the petite robbie?

I remember the MF no. 4 lancero, from a few years ago, was better, for me, than the belicoso and the robbie...

not sure how the current batches are since I haven't bought any in a while...
USNGunner Offline
#23 Posted:
Joined: 05-17-2019
Posts: 2,115
delta1 wrote:
From past experience, the same blend of cigars in different vitolas taste different...anybody compare the MF La Promesa lancero to the petite robbie?

I remember the MF no. 4 lancero, from a few years ago, was better, for me, than the belicoso and the robbie...

not sure how the current batches are since I haven't bought any in a while...


Yep. I did that very thing with Room 101 MC3's in Roxxos and Monstro's. Two completely different experiences.


frankj1 Offline
#24 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 30,599
USNGunner wrote:
She said "huskily"

a new Tom Swifty!
USNGunner Offline
#25 Posted:
Joined: 05-17-2019
Posts: 2,115
frankj1 wrote:
a new Tom Swifty!


Wink
frankj1 Offline
#26 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 30,599
HA!
gummy jones Offline
#27 Posted:
Joined: 07-06-2015
Posts: 7,177
Thanks for making me part with 150 you knuckleheads
mjrburn Offline
#28 Posted:
Joined: 02-28-2016
Posts: 727
Pudding Mittens wrote:
Enjoy the smokes. Rothschild (4.5x50) is a great size, it should showcase Pepin's talents nicely! I love the MUWAT Nightcrawler in that same size. Yum.

The Opulencia and Bijou have both been great in that vitola, hoping the Promesa will be also.
USNGunner Offline
#29 Posted:
Joined: 05-17-2019
Posts: 2,115
gummy jones wrote:
Thanks for making me part with 150 you knuckleheads


Yep. I'm a buck and a half shy myself now. d'oh!
izonfire Offline
#30 Posted:
Joined: 12-09-2013
Posts: 3,566
USNGunner wrote:
Yep. I'm a buck and a half shy myself now. d'oh!


And a few cards short of a full deck...
Pudding Mittens Offline
#31 Posted:
Joined: 08-15-2016
Posts: 891
.
Hey lads, today they're offering the Robusto Grande version (5.5x54) for $112.98 with free shipping, which means either $93.78 or $90.38 with the two magic words I mentioned above.

Looks like they might cycle through all the vitolas, one per day. Just a guess though.
.
USNGunner Offline
#32 Posted:
Joined: 05-17-2019
Posts: 2,115
Pudding Mittens wrote:
.
Hey lads, today they're offering the Robusto Grande version (5.5x54) for $112.98 with free shipping, which means either $93.78 or $90.38 with the two magic words I mentioned above.

Looks like they might cycle through all the vitolas, one per day. Just a guess though.
.


Thanks for the heads up. Seems like a reasonable hypothesis.
Pudding Mittens Offline
#33 Posted:
Joined: 08-15-2016
Posts: 891
.
6x52 Toro's up today, guys. $121.98 with free shipping, then apply one of the magic words to turn it into $101.24 or $97.58.
.
Numismaniac Offline
#34 Posted:
Joined: 01-13-2012
Posts: 11,451
opelmanta1900 wrote:
Btw, this next spring will be my first attempt at aquaponic numi corn... Wish me luck, it'll probably be a disaster...



That sounds interesting. Are the plans to sprout and let it finish in an aquaponic system. I will want to see some pictures of that!

I wondered about how you were able to keep the NUmicorn from mixing with the "Stained Glass" variety. It didn't appear to have crossed at all.
USNGunner Offline
#35 Posted:
Joined: 05-17-2019
Posts: 2,115
opelmanta1900 wrote:
My Father La Promesa Lancero... You heard it here first... Buy a box while you still can... And then send me a few as a thank you...


Mine landed today. They're in isolation. Can't wait for Saturday.
opelmanta1900 Offline
#36 Posted:
Joined: 01-10-2012
Posts: 10,675
Numismaniac wrote:
That sounds interesting. Are the plans to sprout and let it finish in an aquaponic system. I will want to see some pictures of that!

I wondered about how you were able to keep the NUmicorn from mixing with the "Stained Glass" variety. It didn't appear to have crossed at all.

just saw this... I think I'm gonna sprout in rockwool cubes, place them in a floating board and then grow on top of the "midget grave" pond... the struggle will be keeping them standing upright...

the early stained glass ears didn't look too affected by cross-pollination, but the stuff that finished during the warmer weather was only partially pollinated, not even worth saving... and every last one was cross-pollinated... but it looked cool...
opelmanta1900 Offline
#37 Posted:
Joined: 01-10-2012
Posts: 10,675
USNGunner wrote:
Mine landed today. They're in isolation. Can't wait for Saturday.

I kinda hope you don't like em... Herfing
clintCigar Offline
#38 Posted:
Joined: 05-14-2019
Posts: 1,272
Stolen Throne Crook of the Crown
mjrburn Offline
#39 Posted:
Joined: 02-28-2016
Posts: 727
Ashed my first La Promesa last night, it was a petite robusto and rott...It was good, mild spice, chocolate and earth notes with just a hint of citrus that kept leaving an orange peel aftertaste, that may just be because it was so fresh. Very enjoyable. Can't wait to see what a few weeks rest will do for them.
mjrburn Offline
#40 Posted:
Joined: 02-28-2016
Posts: 727
clintCigar wrote:
Stolen Throne Crook of the Crown

ThumpUp this one definitely deserves a place at the top, imho.
USNGunner Offline
#41 Posted:
Joined: 05-17-2019
Posts: 2,115
clintCigar wrote:
Stolen Throne Crook of the Crown


Dude, you need to quit telling people about these. LOL

USNGunner Offline
#42 Posted:
Joined: 05-17-2019
Posts: 2,115
opelmanta1900 wrote:
I kinda hope you don't like em... Herfing


I get that one. I discovered the Chief Cool Arrows too late. d'oh!


corey sellers Offline
#43 Posted:
Joined: 08-21-2011
Posts: 6,214
I have been looking at the Stolen Throne and thinking about a fiver looks like I should
opelmanta1900 Offline
#44 Posted:
Joined: 01-10-2012
Posts: 10,675
Rolled in Texas... The reviews look great, just having a tough time getting past that part...
corey sellers Offline
#45 Posted:
Joined: 08-21-2011
Posts: 6,214
I agree brother I started to pull the trigger when I first got the email but decided to wait until someone said they were worth the coin. I bought some Viaje 12 and half wtf ever gold this morning that had them on sale. Done for this week got a house project going on right now.
USNGunner Offline
#46 Posted:
Joined: 05-17-2019
Posts: 2,115
corey sellers wrote:
I have been looking at the Stolen Throne and thinking about a fiver looks like I should


Dude. They're absolutely worth it. Flavor bombs!
corey sellers Offline
#47 Posted:
Joined: 08-21-2011
Posts: 6,214
If any left next week I will jump on them and try them.
Sunoverbeach Offline
#48 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 2,680
corey sellers wrote:
If any left next week I will jump on them and try them.


Absolutely should not buy them. And on an entirely unrelated note, can I borrow some cash? Whistle
SirKnight Offline
#49 Posted:
Joined: 12-19-2018
Posts: 152
opelmanta1900 wrote:
Rolled in Texas... The reviews look great, just having a tough time getting past that part...



Everything is bigger in Texas.....including Flavor.
USNGunner Offline
#50 Posted:
Joined: 05-17-2019
Posts: 2,115
opelmanta1900 wrote:
I kinda hope you don't like em... Herfing


Well, you're in luck. These are terrible. Worst smoke ever. You guys should never, ever, ever waste your money on these spindly ole skinny cigars. Danged if I'm still not trying to get that taste out of my mouth.

Sarcasm

Just kidding. These are good. Great pointer, thanks Opelmanta!
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages123>