America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 2 months ago by tonygraz. 38 replies replies.
Are you going to wear a mask when you go out in public ?
tonygraz Offline
#1 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 13,011
and maybe a holster with a six gun and wear cowboy boots.
engletl Offline
#2 Posted:
Joined: 12-26-2000
Posts: 26,408
Nope...loving in hurricane alley leads to always having at the minimum a 2-3 week supply.

May run out of fresh milk and eggs for the short term...but there is always powdered in an emergency

Besides...there are no N100 let alone N95 masks to be had at a decent price
Dg west deptford Offline
#3 Posted:
Joined: 05-25-2019
Posts: 624
Gaiters are better. Especially for big beard guys like me. Had a few on hand for certain construction related dirty jobs. Ordered 6 more on Amazon from China of course.
deadeyedick Offline
#4 Posted:
Joined: 03-13-2003
Posts: 11,556
Only iffn' I have to go to the store. It's not going to help me but it's to keep me from spreading my germs around to others without knowing.

Every other place I go I can keep my distance without a problem.
Whistlebritches Offline
#5 Posted:
Joined: 04-23-2006
Posts: 19,090
Yes on the mask,holster and gun......Hell no on the cowboy boots,them **** ers just kill my feet


Oh and....WRONG FORUM NOOB
rfenst Online
#6 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 30,987
deadeyedick wrote:
Only iffn' I have to go to the store. It's not going to help me but it's to keep me from spreading my germs around to others without knowing.

Every other place I go I can keep my distance without a problem.

+1
Palama Offline
#7 Posted:
Joined: 02-05-2013
Posts: 14,544
Yes.

Always thought I did a good job at social distancing but given that you never know who might be infected, a little protection is better than no protection. Wife made a few cloth masks last night so I can’t say that I don’t have one.
Speyside Offline
#8 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 10,013
We have a batch, we are wearing them when we go out in public to protect others on the chance we at asymmetric.
Stogie1020 Offline
#9 Posted:
Joined: 12-19-2019
Posts: 285
I am not asymmetric like speyside, but I am wearing an n95 when I go out in case I am asymptomatic. I had a bunch of them in the garage from a while ago, so I am not part of the supply problem
tonygraz Offline
#10 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 13,011
Wife made one or two masks today. When we went to the store about 1/2 of the people there wore masks and some even had gloves. Hard to smoke a cigar with a mask tho.
izonfire Offline
#11 Posted:
Joined: 12-09-2013
Posts: 5,405
Wish you guys coulda all worn full-face masks last night.
My retinas are singed...

IT BURNS, IT BURNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Pudding Mittens Offline
#12 Posted:
Joined: 08-15-2016
Posts: 1,248
.
The authorities are "slow rolling" us so we don't freak out. First it was "don't gather in large groups" now it's "don't leave your house." First it was "15 days to slow the spread" now it's another "30 days to slow the spread". First masks didn't work so don't use them, now they do and please use them.

With this slow escalation of severity, I predict that six months from now, this will be CDC's suggestion for leaving your house:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/14/EV-A7L.png

It even has a pocket for your smartphone, which by then will be loaded with a mandatory non-removable government-issued app that tracks your every movement, twitch and fart and reports it to a central database to be kept forever.
.
Numismaniac Offline
#13 Posted:
Joined: 01-13-2012
Posts: 12,063
Yep, I have a couple of pleated surgical type and found the ones I usually wear for bush-hogging. I've been trying to social distance for a couple of weeks now. I've been doing this self quarantining for 8+ years, now, LMAO!
delta1 Offline
#14 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 21,778
I did when I went to the grocery store yesterday, but I couldn't get it to fit right...kept steaming up my glasses...more than half the shoppers were wearing them...


rfenst Online
#15 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 30,987
People at the grocery store were wearing masks, scarves and gloves. Not me, this time. I have some surgical masks and an N95 mask and I think I might start using it and washing it every day I wear it.
izonfire Offline
#16 Posted:
Joined: 12-09-2013
Posts: 5,405
Numismaniac wrote:
Yep, I have a couple of pleated surgical type and found the ones I usually wear for bush-hogging. I've been trying to social distance for a couple of weeks now. I've been doing this self quarantining for 8+ years, now, LMAO!

Yeah, right???

When the recommendations came out,
I thought, hmmmmm, just keep living life as I normally do...
frankj1 Offline
#17 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 33,712
hope I don't bump into Trump at the video store
USNGunner Offline
#18 Posted:
Joined: 05-17-2019
Posts: 4,402
My walmart suit.

https://i.imgur.com/oknL0QY.jpg
Plowboy221 Offline
#19 Posted:
Joined: 03-03-2013
Posts: 3,136
I always wear my mask and Cowboy boots out.,
Jaime.

Better hurry only one left!
https://www.amazon.com/Leather-Blindfold-Breathable-Restraint-Halloween/dp/B07VVLZ2HD
delta1 Offline
#20 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 21,778
frankj1 wrote:
hope I don't bump into Trump at the video store


you might...I heard he was out looking for a dvd of "I Like Black C o ck"...he'd be easy to spot


he's the one with a bulge in the front of his trousers...
tonygraz Offline
#21 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 13,011
Below or above the belt line ?
Whistlebritches Offline
#22 Posted:
Joined: 04-23-2006
Posts: 19,090
delta1 wrote:
you might...I heard he was out looking for a dvd of "I Like Black C o ck"...he'd be easy to spot


he's the one with a bulge in the front of his trousers...



Hmm so you have a problem with black co ck..........only black?
delta1 Offline
#23 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 21,778
I discovered that was my favorite movie...in another thread, bassman put up a math riddle to help identify a person's fave movie, from a list of 18, using a four step math process...

seems a bunch of us like that one too...

click and find bassman's post to see what your fave movie is: http://www.cigarbid.com/.../posts/661914/More-Humor
Pudding Mittens Offline
#24 Posted:
Joined: 08-15-2016
Posts: 1,248
.
Somebody ought to wear a gorilla mask or clown mask, just to make people laugh. "That's NOT the kind of mask they meant, pal!"
.
jjanecka Offline
#25 Posted:
Joined: 12-08-2015
Posts: 4,333
I barely wear shirts let alone a mask
KingoftheCove Offline
#26 Posted:
Joined: 10-08-2011
Posts: 6,330
Yeah..........gonna start doing it now. Mayor of our small town has asked us to wear em.
We have 5 confirmed now........so, what..........maybe 50 people or more carrying the virus?
That will be 200 in another week?

We are behind the much of the country, but it’s coming here, like it is almost everywhere.
Oregon has done well thus far with social distancing.......hope we keep it up.
tonygraz Offline
#27 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 13,011
One confirmed in my small town, over 200 in the county. That one confirmation came over the weekend. I have seen some ignorance of social distancing.
lance4824 Offline
#28 Posted:
Joined: 07-06-2018
Posts: 597
I carry a cigar and lighter. If everyone else is wearing a mask, then I don't have to. Then I give them a reason to wear it. I am in morale building...
USNGunner Offline
#29 Posted:
Joined: 05-17-2019
Posts: 4,402
lance4824 wrote:
I carry a cigar and lighter. If everyone else is wearing a mask, then I don't have to. Then I give them a reason to wear it. I am in morale building...


LOL. Yeah, there is something to that.
frankj1 Offline
#30 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 33,712
tonygraz wrote:
Below or above the belt line ?

concealed carry
tonygraz Offline
#31 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 13,011
Maybe one of those Anonymous masks ?
chazbo Offline
#32 Posted:
Joined: 01-21-2007
Posts: 8,007
Found one laying on the ground at Walmart yesterday, seem to be working good👍
tonygraz Offline
#33 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 13,011
Be wearing one tomorrow (mask) for the first time. Still looking for my eye patch.
Mrs. dpnewell Offline
#34 Posted:
Joined: 08-23-2014
Posts: 1,324
Armed robbers must be having a field day. "Can you give us a description of the suspect?". " Yes, it was 6' tall guy wearing a mask! "

David
Pudding Mittens Offline
#35 Posted:
Joined: 08-15-2016
Posts: 1,248
Mrs. dpnewell wrote:
Armed robbers must be having a field day. "Can you give us a description of the suspect?". " Yes, it was 6' tall guy wearing a mask! "

This reminds me of the movie 3000 Miles to Graceland where a group of five criminals including Kevin Costner, Kurt Russell, Christian Slater, etc. rob a Las Vegas casino all dressed as Elvis....

....while it's "International Elvis Impersonator Week" in Las Vegas.

Bwahahaha, brilliant! "Officer, they were dressed like Elvis! Just like 2,362 other people in the city!"

The movie had a cute but sappy love subplot between Kurt Russell and Courteney Cox, and it dragged in places, but man that 10-minute casino robbery scene is the cat's ass. Automatic weapons cycling in super slo-mo, as bunch of heavily-rhinestoned Elvises (Elvii?) ripping up gaming tables with hails of bullets and Howie Long flying in an evac chopper to the roof of the casino to pick them up... all while a cross-mix of Elvis and The Crystal Method plays, a combination that seems like it could never work, but somehow IT TOTALLY DOES! You also get to see Paul Anka wielding a shotgun and calling Elvis a "fat porker", if I remember the comment right.

Great scene.
.
tonygraz Offline
#36 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 13,011
Mrs. dpnewell wrote:
Armed robbers must be having a field day. "Can you give us a description of the suspect?". " Yes, it was 6' tall guy wearing a mask! "

David


Strangely enough there is not a lot of robbing going on. The banks have the lobbies virtually closed and many stores are closed. Somebody will certainly pull off a robbery, but it is kinda lonely out there.
Palama Offline
#37 Posted:
Joined: 02-05-2013
Posts: 14,544
Pudding Mittens wrote:
This reminds me of the movie 3000 Miles to Graceland where a group of five criminals including Kevin Costner, Kurt Russell, Christian Slater, etc. rob a Las Vegas casino all dressed as Elvis....

....while it's "International Elvis Impersonator Week" in Las Vegas.

Bwahahaha, brilliant! "Officer, they were dressed like Elvis! Just like 2,362 other people in the city!"

The movie had a cute but sappy love subplot between Kurt Russell and Courteney Cox, and it dragged in places, but man that 10-minute casino robbery scene is the cat's ass. Automatic weapons cycling in super slo-mo, as bunch of heavily-rhinestoned Elvises (Elvii?) ripping up gaming tables with hails of bullets and Howie Long flying in an evac chopper to the roof of the casino to pick them up... all while a cross-mix of Elvis and The Crystal Method plays, a combination that seems like it could never work, but somehow IT TOTALLY DOES! You also get to see Paul Anka wielding a shotgun and calling Elvis a "fat porker", if I remember the comment right.

Great scene.
.


3 minute version:

https://youtu.be/HjAo8gxpwT0
tonygraz Offline
#38 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 13,011
Today's grocery shopping- virtually every shopper with a mask, one store only allowed one family member entry and were set to shut down entry after a limit was reached. Another store had arrows indicating one way aisles. No eggs at one- didn't need any. Toilet paper and most other paper products gone. As of a few days ago the city had 50 confirmed cases, we now have two in my town,
Users browsing this topic
Guest