America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 5 months ago by Sunoverbeach. 31 replies replies.
New DemoDemon Idea: Fighting Inflation With Inflation
RayR Offline
#1 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 5,929
That's right, Da plan to fix high gas prices is not to fix high gas prices caused by the current administration's idiotic GREEN policies, but just crank out some more FED funny money as gas price stimi-checks to every American.
Surely that will placate the proles.

Stimulus checks to 'fight inflation,' coming soon to America?
It’s already happening in Canada.

Jordan Schachtel

Quote:
During COVID Mania, our power drunk ruling class went on an unprecedented spending spree, printing untold trillions of dollars, manifesting our current reality that is skyrocketing inflation.

In the process, they set a small percentage aside in the form of multiple rounds of “stimulus checks,” largely to win over a distraught population and keep them distracted from the economic destruction they brought upon the American taxpayer.

Now, with a massive amount of dollars in existence “printed” over the last two years, the average American is struggling to keep up with the inflation caused by the people in charge of our monetary system. So it might be time for another monetary diversion.

Far from coming to terms with their mistakes and acknowledging their errors, the rulers of our fiat system, in their infinite wisdom, may soon decide to fight inflation with… you guessed it, more inflation.

Sounds crazy? No way they would be that ridiculous, right?

Well, I have some news for you.

It’s already happening in Canada.

https://dossier.substack.com/p/stimulus-checks-to-fight-inflation?
Sunoverbeach Offline
#2 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 11,826
God’s everywhere, but I gotta go down ‘to church’ to see him? Really? And he’s mad at me down there, and I owe you money?
- BB
Mike3316 Offline
#3 Posted:
Joined: 02-05-2022
Posts: 289
Well yeah. Print more money. That should solve everything. Brandon's press secretary - Pepperint Patty - said if things are too expensive then making sure that people have more money should fix it. And how does the federal gov't get its money? Well yeah - taxes (only a small percentage of federal money actually comes from taxes) .... the federal gov't doesn't have a job at Starbucks ... but they DO have printing presses. So you just print enough money to give everyone a million dollars. Who cares that it won't be WORTH anything - at least you'll be a millionaire!!!
JGKAMIN Offline
#4 Posted:
Joined: 05-08-2011
Posts: 858
Mike3316 wrote:
Well yeah. Print more money. That should solve everything. Brandon's press secretary - Pepperint Patty - said if things are too expensive then making sure that people have more money should fix it. And how does the federal gov't get its money? Well yeah - taxes (only a small percentage of federal money actually comes from taxes) .... the federal gov't doesn't have a job at Starbucks ... but they DO have printing presses. So you just print enough money to give everyone a million dollars. Who cares that it won't be WORTH anything - at least you'll be a millionaire!!!

Yes, free money and they well tax you more to get it back. This is akin to Bernie’s plan to raise the minimum wage but then raise taxes so at the end of the day you’re making twice as much but paying all that extra $ in taxes so you’re no better off.
Sunoverbeach Offline
#5 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 11,826
I love my dog. I hate bankers. I have issues with women. In my head, I’m a great guy.
- BB
bgz Offline
#6 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 12,736
I wonder how many people realize that we're moving towards a moneyless system (not just cashless system).

Every path I traverse in my head leads to an inevitable meritocracy... as long as we don't kill ourselves first.

This idea that things have value will quickly perish the more everything is automated and resources become plentiful... ie, rarity will be a thing of the past.

You think your cash will be worth less? It's already worthless, and so is gold for that matter.

The only reason it has any value at all is because you believe the paper you trade has value... or the gold you bought is worth more than the paper.

But let's be real, if gold spiked to $3k tomorrow, you would sell it.

You would trade your thing you claim has value for something you claim that don't.

What's that tell you about the concept of money? It's amazing we've made it work for as long as we have.
RayR Offline
#7 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 5,929
The stuff you said Ben sounds like you are promoting a commie red One World Government Matrix. Think
Are you Agent Smith? OhMyGod Scared
bgz Offline
#8 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 12,736
I might be...

I just realized a new way the extreme right are hypocrites...

Abortion... if you were to model affluency and health of the population of the system based on resource availability and population growth...

You would find an argument very similar to hunting... or culling the herds. You want to keep forcing people to keep their unwanted kids to appease your fake morality while flipping it around to justify your desire to kill sh*t.

More evidence that we live in a Bizarro world.
Speyside2 Offline
#9 Posted:
Joined: 11-11-2021
Posts: 2,049
Ben, I have some difference with your points of view. I believe everything was created by conscious energy (God). Also gold has the same intrinsic valuation that electronic currency will once it eventually levels itself out.

From my viewpoint abortion is evil. Though there is the discussion of when a medical procedure become an abortion? Also there is the discussion of when is carrying a child to birth the evil choice, and abortion is the morraly correct choice? Certainly there are justifiable abortions such as rape, incest, a child who cannot function in any way and will be a burden on society for say 85 years. Please do not use the ridiculous counterpoint that the odds of intelligent creation are approximately 0%, and the same argument hold for the odds of random creation are approximately 0%.
Speyside2 Offline
#10 Posted:
Joined: 11-11-2021
Posts: 2,049
As to the thread itself, this is modern monetary theory being practiced. Ray, please do not throw in Kensian economics, as it is not what this thread is about. Modern monetary theory devalues the dollar. If this happens, well, the ruble is a good example of this. It is rather worthless. I personally do not wish to live in an autocratic, socialist, or communist country. My belief is Trump had to go because he wanted an autocracy like Putin has. My belief is Biden has to go because he wants socialism like China has. In reality communism has, nor ever will exist.
RayR Offline
#11 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 5,929
Speyside2 wrote:
As to the thread itself, this is modern monetary theory being practiced. Ray, please do not throw in Kensian economics, as it is not what this thread is about. Modern monetary theory devalues the dollar. If this happens, well, the ruble is a good example of this. It is rather worthless. I personally do not wish to live in an autocratic, socialist, or communist country. My belief is Trump had to go because he wanted an autocracy like Putin has. My belief is Biden has to go because he wants socialism like China has. In reality communism has, nor ever will exist.


It's Keynesian Spey, not "Kensian"

Keynesian economics, MMT, and socialism are intrinsically interlinked. You can't separate them.
Creepy Keynes once controversially said, “In the long run, we are all dead,” so why should we worry about the unintended long run negative effects of interventionist public policy?
Are "We are all Keynesians now" as Friedman once lamented? It's all about government interventions always and ever into the economy, cronyism, deficit spending, dishonest money, central bank money printing, growing national debt, and inevitable inflation that proceeds it all that robs the majority of the people of the buying power of their money. It's the very antithesis of the benefits of capitalism.

RayR Offline
#12 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 5,929
bgz wrote:
I might be...

I just realized a new way the extreme right are hypocrites...

Abortion... if you were to model affluency and health of the population of the system based on resource availability and population growth...

You would find an argument very similar to hunting... or culling the herds. You want to keep forcing people to keep their unwanted kids to appease your fake morality while flipping it around to justify your desire to kill sh*t.

More evidence that we live in a Bizarro world.


Now you sound like Bernie Sanders or Bill Gates. They want to cull the human herds (as well as cows) too as you say...to save the world from the existential threat of CLIMATE CHANGE they'll say! Well, one excuse is as good as another. All you technocrats are alike, you don't believe in the natural organic order of things with all the glorious chaos that frightens you. You all think you've got it all figured out, that you are smarter than everyone else. You all know who can live and who should die in your imaginary Matrix world.
In your case, prolly too many drugs and too many dystopic fantasy video games.

Dg west deptford Offline
#13 Posted:
Joined: 05-25-2019
Posts: 2,819
bgz wrote:
I might be...

I just realized a new way the extreme right are hypocrites...

Abortion... if you were to model affluency and health of the population of the system based on resource availability and population growth...

More evidence that we live in a Bizarro world.


Curious Ben, where do you get hypocrisy when you don't believe in truth?
bgz Offline
#14 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 12,736
Dg west deptford wrote:
Curious Ben, where do you get hypocrisy when you don't believe in truth?


You don't have the pre-requisites necessary for me to explain the truth for you. Realistically, you and I can't have a conversation on the subject... you require more knowledge to go at it with me.

In otherwords, you're currently incapable of understanding the truth.
Dg west deptford Offline
#15 Posted:
Joined: 05-25-2019
Posts: 2,819
Is that true
bgz Offline
#16 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 12,736
Unfortunately yes...

I'm about 99.9999999999999999999999999999% sure
Dg west deptford Offline
#17 Posted:
Joined: 05-25-2019
Posts: 2,819
So your saying you could be wrong about everything you think you know?
bgz Offline
#18 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 12,736
Yes.
Dg west deptford Offline
#19 Posted:
Joined: 05-25-2019
Posts: 2,819
If you could be wrong about everything you think you know then you could be wrong about that.

Your absurd

You can make no knowledge claims whatsoever

Hypocrisy makes no sense in your worldview

For you to call out Hypocrisy is Hypocrisy against your own worldview

bgz Offline
#20 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 12,736
Dg west deptford wrote:
If you could be wrong about everything you think you know then you could be wrong about that.

Your absurd

You can make no knowledge claims whatsoever

Hypocrisy makes no sense in your worldview

For you to call out Hypocrisy is Hypocrisy against your own worldview



Is space continuous or discrete?

Is time fundamental?

Is space fundamental?

What do you consider to be fundamental?

In your mind can your god answer problems that are undecideable? If so how?

Have you looked into other theories that try to answer these?

Also... while you're pondering those... how do you define a truth?

I define a truth as the result of an action applied to a truth function... ie, if I pass in list of variables under a predefined set of axioms, it either produces true or false.

Knowledge is collection of relationships built upon a given set of axioms and previously answered questions regardless of whether the results were true or false... ie it's possible to have false knowledge.

Therefore truth != knowledge.
Dg west deptford Offline
#21 Posted:
Joined: 05-25-2019
Posts: 2,819
Incase you don't grasp my argument against your use of "hypocrisy " or any "wrong"

Absent an absolute moral authority independent of fallible humans, the only meaning “wrong” could have (pertaining to conduct) would be “in opposition to X,” or “falling short of X’s standards,” which are only persuasive to those who have already accepted X.

For someone who can identify someone who is "currently incapable of understanding truth" you should be able to grasp this.

Give account for truth & quit hiding cowardly behind folly & boasts of superior intellect
bgz Offline
#22 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 12,736
Dg west deptford wrote:
Incase you don't grasp my argument against your use of "hypocrisy " or any "wrong"

Absent an absolute moral authority independent of fallible humans, the only meaning “wrong” could have (pertaining to conduct) would be “in opposition to X,” or “falling short of X’s standards,” which are only persuasive to those who have already accepted X.

For someone who can identify someone who is "currently incapable of understanding truth" you should be able to grasp this.

Give account for truth & quit hiding cowardly behind folly & boasts of superior intellect


How can I discuss truth with someone who can't even contemplate what is or isn't already known?

We as a species have acquired a great deal of "knowledge"... much of it is based on axioms which aren't known for certain as to whether they are true or not. (Edit: Those who are careful, label the knowledge as such).

You are basically saying I should concede, and say that a being higher than me knows, so I should cease in my desire for further understanding because I'll never achieve that beings level of knowledge... which sounds like an argument of a defeatist. I certainly hope I am misinterpreting your suggestion.

Further, every bit of "truth" you claim to believe in, you claim it's fundamentally based on the belief that this being exists and is necessarily true.

I'm saying I think you're 99.99999999999999999 ... percent wrong.

I have to leave a little margin in case you are correct, but I won't hold my breath on it.

If you can ditch the dogma, and allow it that the greater being does not care whether I seek knowledge or not... or whether I exist or not... or whether even we as a species exists or not, I can probably drop a few 9s off that.

Basically as the probability against a hypothesis goes to infinity, it will continue to get closer and closer the more subjectivity and errant logic you add to it.
Dg west deptford Offline
#23 Posted:
Joined: 05-25-2019
Posts: 2,819
Ben, to risk being led down one of your silly rabbit holes

The theory that thought is merely a movement in the brain is, in my opinion, nonsense; for if so, that theory itself would be merely a movement, an event among atoms, which may have speed and direction but of which it would be meaningless to use the words ‘true’ or ‘false’.

Give account for truth or forsake knowledge

They're not mutually exclusive

You should KNOW this
bgz Offline
#24 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 12,736
Dg west deptford wrote:
Ben, to risk being led down one of your silly rabbit holes

The theory that thought is merely a movement in the brain is, in my opinion, nonsense; for if so, that theory itself would be merely a movement, an event among atoms, which may have speed and direction but of which it would be meaningless to use the words ‘true’ or ‘false’.

Give account for truth or forsake knowledge

They're not mutually exclusive

You should KNOW this


I disagree, you'll see I disagree if you re-read my previous posts.

Truth != Knowledge
bgz Offline
#25 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 12,736
With hypothesis's, you have to be careful... if one of your axioms is bad, that's it, it's over... the rest of it turns into nonsense very quickly...

You end up with angels and demons and sh*t.
Dg west deptford Offline
#26 Posted:
Joined: 05-25-2019
Posts: 2,819
It's telling that you bring God into this discussion.

Why would "conceding there's an all knowing creator" mean you shouldn't seek to discover all the treasures of wisdom hidden for His and your glory to find out?

I'm certainly not "saying" that in any way "basically" or otherwise

I'm not saying you don't know things for certain. You are.

Dogma has nothing to do with God's love for you & I

Start a separate thread or pm if you must continue
I'm not hijacking this thread anymore since you brought God into it AGAIN!
bgz Offline
#27 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 12,736
I just checked... this article is about demons... it's appropriate.

For the record I brought angels and demons into it as ideas that you get when your axioms are faulty... not God.
bgz Offline
#28 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2014
Posts: 12,736
Also for the record, you already hijacked the thread... it's too late for that.

You try to discredit everything I say because I don't believe in your absolute truth sh*t...

Which is comical to me, thus the reason I keep playing.
Dg west deptford Offline
#29 Posted:
Joined: 05-25-2019
Posts: 2,819
Is it absolutely true I try to discredit everything you you say?


If there is no God, then all that exists is time & chance acting on matter. If this is true then the difference between your thoughts & mine correspond to the difference between shaking up a bottle of Mountain Dew & a bottle of Dr. Pepper. You simply fizz atheistically & I fizz theistically.

This means that you do not hold to atheism because it is true , but rather because of a series of chemical reactions… … Morality, tragedy, & sorrow are equally evanescent. They are all empty sensations created by the chemical reactions of the brain, in turn created by too much pizza the night before. If there is no God, then all abstractions are chemical epiphenomena, like swamp gas over fetid water.

This means that we have no reason for assigning truth & falsity to the chemical fizz we call reasoning or right & wrong to the irrational reaction we call morality. If no God, mankind is a set of bi-pedal carbon units of mostly water pinky.
Dg west deptford Offline
#30 Posted:
Joined: 05-25-2019
Posts: 2,819
There are no ordinary people, Ben. We're similar to the angels & demons in that sense.

It's immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, & exploit.

Forgive my unkind & callous tendency with you.
As you say, you play for comical relief

Me too! It just feels like I'm the only one having fun most of the time
Sunoverbeach Offline
#31 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 11,826
Never put off till tomorrow what may be done the day after tomorrow just as well.
- Mark Twain
Users browsing this topic
Guest