America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 7 weeks ago by Brewha. 64 replies replies.
2 Pages<12
Supreme Court Strikes Down New York Concealed-Gun Law in Sweeping Decision
Brewha Offline
#51 Posted:
Joined: 01-25-2010
Posts: 10,780
MACS wrote:
Scotus just ruled the law unconstitutional. That's a fact.

You get the shot, the second, and a booster and still get covid. That's wholly ineffective. Another fact.

These are simply logical conclusions. No need to be a Rhodes scholar, but as I stated... you seem to lack the intelligence to come to the logical conclusions, soooooo... in comparison to you, I guess I would seem like a Rhodes scholar.

More like "Harvard on the Highway", lol.

I will grant you those are simple assessments, although calling it logic is a debasement of the word.
Brewha Offline
#52 Posted:
Joined: 01-25-2010
Posts: 10,780
ZRX1200 wrote:
“During my twelve-and-a-half years as a member of this body, I have never believed that additional gun control or federal registration of guns would reduce crime,”

So if all guns were illegal to possess, crime would not be reduced.

Truly an example of American Exceptionalism......
RayR Offline
#53 Posted:
Joined: 07-20-2020
Posts: 5,929
ZRX1200 wrote:
“During my twelve-and-a-half years as a member of this body, I have never believed that additional gun control or federal registration of guns would reduce crime,”


And he continued on to say, "I am convinced that a criminal who wants a firearm can get one through illegal, nontraceable, unregistered sources, with or without gun control,"

That must have been JoeBama before dementia completely took its toll.

MACS Offline
#54 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 75,480
Brewha wrote:
So if all guns were illegal to possess, crime would not be reduced.

Truly an example of American Exceptionalism......


Here's some testimony to congress. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n95r-3zFZX4

Here's some articles that may open your eyes (but I doubt it). https://www.heritage.org/staff/amy-swearer
Sunoverbeach Offline
#55 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 11,826
Brewha wrote:
So if all guns were illegal to possess, crime would not be reduced.

Truly an example of American Exceptionalism......

'Cept it's not, because as was pointed out to you the last time we did this dance, violent crime has been on the rise in a couple countries that have banned firearms. It's funny how criminals are gonna commit crime no matter what laws are in place. It's like they don't even care about law and authority.
Sunoverbeach Offline
#56 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 11,826
A man walks into a bar with a roll of tarmac under his arm and says: "Pint please, and one for the road."
Brewha Offline
#57 Posted:
Joined: 01-25-2010
Posts: 10,780
Sunoverbeach wrote:
'Cept it's not, because as was pointed out to you the last time we did this dance, violent crime has been on the rise in a couple countries that have banned firearms. It's funny how criminals are gonna commit crime no matter what laws are in place. It's like they don't even care about law and authority.

So gun are never the problem - and are the only answer.

Is that really your point?
ZRX1200 Offline
#58 Posted:
Joined: 07-08-2007
Posts: 57,451
You know they’re an inanimate object right?

They don’t do anything by themselves.
Sunoverbeach Offline
#59 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 11,826
Brewha wrote:
So gun are never the problem - and are the only answer.

Is that really your point?

Nope, you missed it, but I'm less than shocked. You referenced American Exceptionalism in response to our current POTUS quote from a ways back. My interpretation of your reference was that the lack of crime reduction due to banning guns is an American belief, therefore has been proven false in other countries. Yet, violent crime is still rising in other countries, thus disproving your inference. Or did I misunderstand your point?

But now that you mentioned it, guns in and of themselves are never the problem. People are the problem. Ban all people for guaranteed crime reduction!!!
ZRX1200 Offline
#60 Posted:
Joined: 07-08-2007
Posts: 57,451
I’m still holding my breath waiting for the resident legal beagles to chime in on agencies and lower courts abusing Chevron Deference and ignoring Rule of Lenity in regards to restrictions on the 2A.


Maybe we’ll see a thread about how awful it is to restrict abortions….

Mellow
rfenst Offline
#61 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2007
Posts: 36,825
ZRX1200 wrote:
You know they’re an inanimate object right?

They don’t do anything by themselves.

Neither do opiates.
DrafterX Offline
#62 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 96,149
I could sure go for some opiates about now... Mellow
ZRX1200 Offline
#63 Posted:
Joined: 07-08-2007
Posts: 57,451
Oh snap I got served!!!!

Wait…..haven’t I been consistent enough for you on the effectiveness of prohibitions? Asking for a friend.
Brewha Offline
#64 Posted:
Joined: 01-25-2010
Posts: 10,780
ZRX1200 wrote:
You know they’re an inanimate object right?

They don’t do anything by themselves.

Dude, you are openly irresponsible…..
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12