America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 2 weeks ago by Sunoverbeach. 413 replies replies.
9 Pages«<56789
Still Believe the FBI Is Some Honorable Institution?
DrMaddVibe Offline
#401 Posted:
A piece of me really wants Trump to run again so he can take a blowtorch to them all.
DrMaddVibe Offline
#402 Posted:
WTF are they hiding???

FBI Asks Court for 66 Years to Release Information From Seth Rich’s Computer

The FBI is asking a U.S. court to reverse its order that it produce information from Seth Rich’s laptop computer.

If the court does not, the bureau wants 66 years to produce the information.

Rich was a Democratic National Committee staffer when he was killed on a street in Washington in mid-2016. No person has ever been arrested in connection to the murder.

U.S. District Judge Amos Mazzant, an Obama appointee, ruled in September that the bureau must hand over information from the computer to Brian Huddleston, a Texas man who filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for the info.

The FBI’s assertion that the privacy interest Rich’s family members hold outweighed the public interest was rejected by Mazzant, who noted the bureau cited no relevant case law supporting the argument.

But the ruling was erroneous, U.S. lawyers said in a new filing.

The bureau shouldn’t have to produce the information because of FOIA exemptions for information that are compiled for law enforcement purposes and “could reasonably be expected to disclose the identity of a confidential source,” the lawyers said in a motion for reconsideration. Another exemption, which enables agencies to withhold information that would disclose law enforcement techniques also applies, they said.

“Given the Court’s findings that except for the information related to Seth Rich’s laptop withheld pursuant to Exemptions 6 and 7(C) based on privacy interests, the FBI properly withheld or redacted all other information responsive to Huddleston’s requests, the production order seems inconsistent with the rest of the order,” the motion stated.

The FBI, after claiming it never possessed Rich’s laptop or any information from it, acknowledged in 2020 that it had thousands of files from the computer.

The bureau “is currently working on getting the files from Seth Rich’s personal laptop into a format to be reviewed,” the government said at the time.

Information and material extracted from the computer were provided by a source to an FBI agent during a meeting on March 15, 2018, FBI records officer Michael Seidel said in a declaration. He said the files included photographs and documents, among other material.

In the new filing, government lawyers said the FBI never extracted the data, which it revealed as originating with a law enforcement agency. They said the information is on a compact disc containing images of the laptop.

“The FBI did not open an investigation into the murder of Seth Rich, nor did it provide investigative or technical assistance to any investigation into the murder of Seth Rich. As a result, the FBI has never extracted the data from the compact disc and never processed the information contained on the disc,” they said.

To produce the information, the FBI would have to convert information on the disc into pages and then review the pages to redact information per FOIA, according to the government.

If Mazzant upholds his order, the FBI wants a lengthy period of time to perform the work—66 years, or 500 pages a month.

“If the court overrules the FBI’s motion, the FBI wants to produce records at a rate of 500 pages per month. At that rate, it will take almost 67 years just to produce the documents, never mind the images and other files,” Ty Clevenger, a lawyer representing Huddleston, told The Epoch Times in an email.

“After dealing with the FBI for five years, I now assume that the FBI is lying to me unless and until it proves otherwise. The FBI is desperately trying to hide records about Seth Rich, and that begs the question of why.”

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has suggested Rich leaked Democratic National Committee (DNC) files to WikiLeaks, but special counsel Robert Mueller said the real source was Russian hackers. Still, Mueller’s finding conflicts with statements from CrowdStrike, the firm hired to investigate how the DNC files were released.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/fbi-asks-court-for-66-years-to-release-information-from-seth-richs-computer_4826785.html

When has Julian Assange ever lied with WikiLeaks???
Stogie1020 Offline
#403 Posted:
Maybe the Federal government can redirect some of the "drag shows for kids" money to hiring some contract attorneys to review the data. They blast through doc reviews containing tens of thousands of pages in weeks.
Sunoverbeach Offline
#404 Posted:
Supermarkets should have baskets placed around the store for that moment when I realize I can't carry another thing and should have grabbed a basket
DrMaddVibe Offline
#405 Posted:
Stogie1020 wrote:
Maybe the Federal government can redirect some of the "drag shows for kids" money to hiring some contract attorneys to review the data. They blast through doc reviews containing tens of thousands of pages in weeks.

Fantastic idea...BUT...they're more intent on hiding the data like the CDC and NIH!
Mr. Jones Offline
#406 Posted:
#402 FIOA REQUESTS are a joke to the FBI...

THEY DENY ANY GENERAL REQUEST ....YOU HAVE TO REQUEST BY INTERDEPARTMENTAL TITLES...
THEY WILL SIT ON YOUR GENERAL REQUEST FOR 18 months or more...then say u have to request from individual divisions within the FBI DIRECTLY...SO MAYBE WITHIN 3-5 YRS IT FINALLY GET THROUGH....

THEN THIS 500 PAGE BULL**** REARS ITS UGLY HEAD ..

THEN GUESS WHAT???

YOU GET 500 PAGES OF REDACTED BULL CRAP...WITH ONLY
"AND" "HE" "SHE" "HIM" "HER" "THEY" "THEM" AND ABOUT 75 OTHER STUPID WORDS APPEAR ON EVERY PAGE THAT IS 90-95% PERCENT REDACTED AND BLACKED OUT BY SHARPIE....

WHAT A JOKE THE FBI IS ..

THEY ARE CRIMINALS ON STEROIDS...

THEY ARE FELON MURDERERS WHO LAUGH AT THE GENERAL RULE OF LAW...

THEY BREAK ANY LAW THEY WANT OR KILL (BY ACCIDENTAL CIRCUMSTANCES SET UP BY THEM) ANYONE THEY WANT ....WITH ZERO REPERCUSSIONS OR PENALTIES TO AN TO ONE INVOVLED IN SAID ACCIDENTAL DEATHS.

THE FBI IS THE WEST GERMAN STASI ENFORCERS FOR THE D.N.C. JUST LIKE D.M.V. PROFESSES ON THIS ENTIRE THREAD...
Mr. Jones Offline
#407 Posted:
P.S. Seth rich was killed by an undocumented "GUAT hitter" here illegally, then whisked away to Brazil or Chile on a new passport and identity....with 2 million deposited in said ARRANGERS dirty bank account ( of which the actual hitter gets very little vs. the subcontacting connection who actually hires the peon hitter, UNDOCUMENTED GUATS ARE A DIME A DOZEN ( HE MAY GET $150K AT THE MOST, PROLLY LESS)...and given a cushy govt. Job IN S.A. , along with anything else he needed ...

When you have an "general election information changing release" TARGET , it brings out the heavy hitters....sometimes these hits are subcontracted out on several layers...the actual hitter is so low on the scale that he is sometimes never really known...at all...which is good for the GUAT...(Guatemalan)
DrMaddVibe Offline
#408 Posted:
FBI Announces "Enhanced" Firearm Background Checks For Young Adults To Start Next Week

The FBI, through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) has announced that a mandatory wait period for 18–20-year-old legal adults, as enacted by the gun control known as Cornyn-Murphy or the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, will go into effect November 14, 2022.

Gun Owners of America reported on this issue in October 2022, when the FBI launched their Enhanced Background Checks for 18–20-year-olds in the state of Maine.

Those under the age of 21 will receive an initial delay that could last about two weeks. This delay is supposedly to allow the FBI to contact local law enforcement and check with state databases to enhance the background check system's effectiveness. This is nothing but a way to make it more difficult for young adults to own firearms. It's a mandatory wait period that anti-gunners have now added to a background check system that is broken well beyond repair.

Parents might not want their children to receive mental healthcare as minors, if it might create an administrative record resulting in the loss or delay of their child's constitutional rights when they turn 18. Those 17 and under who hunt, play shooting sports, or who wish to own firearms for self-defense as adults may choose to avoid essential mental healthcare in order to retain their right to own and operate firearms. If someone under 18 wants to legally buy a hunting shotgun or a target rifle on their 18th birthday, they may use the consequences of the law as an excuse to not get the mental health care they need.

The "enhanced background check" is in fact a mandatory delay or wait period on the purchasing of a firearm for those under 21 years old. Mandatory waiting periods put Americans' constitutional rights on hold when they may be in the middle of a dangerous situation, whether that be a threat from someone they know, a dangerous period of rioting and looting, or any number of scenarios. Further, allowing local law enforcement tips and hearsay to result in the denial of a constitutional right would truly constitute an arbitrary and unconstitutional gun ban.

The "enhanced background checks" will include "checks with state databases and local law enforcement." Since Congress admits that such an enhancement is truly necessary for one category of adults, then will they soon find themselves answering why these delays and "enhancements" do not apply to all other law-abiding people? Further, allowing local law enforcement tips and hearsay to result in the denial of a constitutional right will truly constitute an arbitrary and unconstitutional gun ban.

For an example on how firearm purchase delays can be deadly, look no further than the case of Carol Browne of New Jersey. Carol Browne was stabbed to death by a former boyfriend. She had applied for a permit to purchase a pistol on April 21st, 2015, and was murdered on June 3rd, 43 days later, still waiting for approval. New Jersey State law requires that a Firearms Purchaser ID card be issued within 30 days, but often the wait is much longer. Carol's killer didn't need a gun, but Carol sure did. And she could still be alive today if arrogant officials had not denied her the right to protect herself.

https://tinyurl.com/5bjzb5h8

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/fbi-announces-enhanced-firearm-background-checks-young-adults-start-next-week
Sunoverbeach Offline
#409 Posted:
Every time I check my pockets for my wallet, keys, and phone, I do about 25% of the Macarena
DrMaddVibe Offline
#410 Posted:
Internal Documents Show How Close the F.B.I. Came to Deploying Spyware

Christopher Wray, the F.B.I.’s director, told Congress last December that the bureau purchased the phone hacking tool Pegasus for research purposes.

During a closed-door session with lawmakers last December, Christopher A. Wray, the director of the F.B.I., was asked whether the bureau had ever purchased and used Pegasus, the hacking tool that penetrates mobile phones and extracts their contents.

Mr. Wray acknowledged that the F.B.I. had bought a license for Pegasus, but only for research and development. “To be able to figure out how bad guys could use it, for example,” he told Senator Ron Wyden, Democrat of Oregon, according to a transcript of the hearing that was recently declassified.

But dozens of internal F.B.I. documents and court records tell a different story. The documents, produced in response to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit brought by The New York Times against the bureau, show that F.B.I. officials made a push in late 2020 and the first half of 2021 to deploy the hacking tools — made by the Israeli spyware firm NSO — in its own criminal investigations. The officials developed advanced plans to brief the bureau’s leadership, and drew up guidelines for federal prosecutors about how the F.B.I.’s use of hacking tools would need to be disclosed during criminal proceedings.

The Battle for the World’s Most Powerful Cyberweapon

A Times investigation reveals how Israel reaped diplomatic gains around the world from NSO’s Pegasus spyware — a tool America itself purchased but is now trying to ban.

Jan. 28, 2022
It is unclear how the bureau was contemplating using Pegasus, and whether it was considering hacking the phones of American citizens, foreigners or both. In January, The Times revealed that F.B.I. officials had also tested the NSO tool Phantom, a version of Pegasus capable of hacking phones with U.S. numbers.

The F.B.I. eventually decided not to deploy Pegasus in criminal investigations in July 2021, amid a flurry of stories about how the hacking tool had been abused by governments across the globe. But the documents offer a glimpse at how the U.S. government — over two presidential administrations — wrestled with the promise and peril of a powerful cyberweapon. And, despite the F.B.I. decision not to use Pegasus, court documents indicate the bureau remains interested in potentially using spyware in future investigations.

“Just because the F.B.I. ultimately decided not to deploy the tool in support of criminal investigations does not mean it would not test, evaluate and potentially deploy other similar tools for gaining access to encrypted communications used by criminals,” stated a legal brief submitted on behalf of the F.B.I. late last month.

In a statement, Mr. Wyden said “it is totally unacceptable for the F.B.I. director to provide misleading testimony about the bureau’s acquisition of powerful hacking tools and then wait months to give the full story to Congress and the American people.”

He added, “The F.B.I. also owes Americans a clear explanation as to whether the future operational use of NSO tools is still on the table.”

An F.B.I. spokeswoman said “the director’s testimony was accurate when given and remains true today — there has been no operational use of the NSO product to support any FBI investigation.” A senior F.B.I. official added that, in addition to Mr. Wray’s public and classified testimony, bureau officials have also given classified briefings on the matter to members of Congress and their staffs.

The specifics of why the bureau chose not to use Pegasus remain a mystery, but American officials have said that it was in large part because of mounting negative publicity about how the tool had been used by governments around the world.

Pegasus is a so-called zero-click hacking tool that can invade a target’s mobile phone and extract messages, photos, contacts, messages and video recordings. Numerous governments, both autocracies and democracies, have purchased and deployed Pegasus in recent years. It has been used by police and intelligence services to hack the phones of drug kingpins and terrorists, but gained notoriety when it was revealed that governments, like Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Hungary and India had deployed it against political dissidents, journalists and human rights workers.

Mr. Wray’s closed-door testimony came just weeks after the Biden administration last November placed NSO and another Israeli hacking firm on a Commerce Department blacklist, preventing American companies from selling technology to the firms without permission from the U.S. government. On Capitol Hill, Congress is working on a bipartisan bill that would ban government agencies from using foreign commercial spyware such as Pegasus.

The Times revealed in January that the F.B.I. had purchased Pegasus in 2018 and, over the next two years, tested the spyware at a secret facility in New Jersey. Since the bureau first purchased the tool, it has paid approximately $5 million to NSO.

Since that story was published, F.B.I. officials, including Mr. Wray, have gone further than they did during the closed meeting with senators last December. They acknowledged that the bureau did consider deploying Pegasus, though they still emphasized that the F.B.I.’s main goal was to test and evaluate it to assess how adversaries might use it.

During a congressional hearing in March, Mr. Wray said the bureau had bought a “limited license” for testing and evaluation “as part of our routine responsibilities to evaluate technologies that are out there, not just from a perspective of could they be used someday legally, but also, more important, what are the security concerns raised by those products.”

“So, very different from using it to investigate anyone,” he said.

A June letter from the F.B.I. to Mr. Wyden made similar points, saying the bureau purchased a license “to explore potential future legal use of the NSO product and potential security concerns the product poses.”
The letter continued, “After testing and evaluation, the F.B.I. chose not to use the product operationally in any investigation.”

During his time as F.B.I. director, Mr. Wray has worked to build good relations with lawmakers from both parties, especially after the tumultuous years of his predecessor, James B. Comey. He has earned praise from some on Capitol Hill for his public testimony during the Trump administration years — on issues including Russia and domestic extremism — that infuriated President Donald J. Trump.

The internal F.B.I. documents and legal briefs submitted on behalf of the bureau give the most complete picture to date of the bureau’s interest in deploying Pegasus. While heavily redacted, the internal documents show that, from late 2020 until the summer of 2021, the F.B.I. had demonstrated a growing interest in potentially using Pegasus to hack the phones of F.B.I. targets in criminal investigations.

In September and October 2020, after the bureau had tested the product, F.B.I. officials put together PowerPoint presentations that included “detailed discussions of the potential risks or advantages of using the NSO tool” and “proposals for specific steps the F.B.I. or D.O.J. should take before making a decision about whether to use it.”
On March 29, 2021, two months after President Biden took office, the bureau’s Criminal Investigative Division circulated a 25-page memorandum that documented the division’s recommendations supporting the use of Pegasus “under certain specific conditions,” which were not clear in the redacted documents.

Days later, the same division proposed guidelines for government lawyers around the country who prosecute cases brought by the F.B.I. about “how the tool’s use could be appropriately addressed in criminal discovery.”
Then, in May last year, the bureau’s Criminal Investigative Division prepared a document about the potential use of Pegasus for a daily briefing for Mr. Wray. There is not clear evidence in the redacted documents that the Pegasus information ultimately was included in his briefing, or what Mr. Wray’s views on the matter were.
On July 22, 2021, according to the government’s legal brief in the FOIA case late last month, the decision was made to “cease all efforts regarding the potential use of the NSO product.”

https://archive.ph/q66mJ#selection-285.0-334.0

Can't wait for the dumbass quote that won't be seen for this one.
Sunoverbeach Offline
#411 Posted:
It's crazy that there's this giant thing in the sky all the time that we're not supposed to look at
Mr. Jones Offline
#412 Posted:
#411 S.O.B.

IS IT ????

YO' MAMMA?

BWUHAHAHAHA 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Sunoverbeach Offline
#413 Posted:
That's just silly, Jonesy. Mommas don't fly.... Unless it's off the handle due to a disrespectful tone