Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev12NextLast
Most Expensive Cigar on the Market
1. Author: Hank_The_TankDate: Fri, 6/23/2017, 2:53PM EST
The site won't let me search, so I guess I will start a new thread...

What are some of the most expensive cigars on the market? Are any of them worth the price?

I thought I remember there was one called the Strativarious (like the violin) that was crazy expensive. From what I heard about it, it was NOT worth the price.
2. Author: PeckerheadDate: Fri, 6/23/2017, 2:56PM EST
Gurkha

/endthread
3. Author: Hank_The_TankDate: Fri, 6/23/2017, 2:58PM EST
Peckerhead wrote:
Gurkha

Don't they have some his majesty grand reserva in a glass tube that is crazy expensive?
4. Author: PeckerheadDate: Fri, 6/23/2017, 3:00PM EST
Yes
5. Author: Hank_The_TankDate: Fri, 6/23/2017, 3:01PM EST
Anyone ever had that one? I thought I remember years back that some site put them on sale for an incorrect price and they had to honor it.
6. Author: DrafterXDate: Fri, 6/23/2017, 3:03PM EST
some of the Davidoffs are kinda pricey.. not like hundreds tho.. never tried one.. Mellow
7. Author: Hank_The_TankDate: Fri, 6/23/2017, 3:06PM EST
DrafterX wrote:
some of the Davidoffs are kinda pricey.. not like hundreds tho.. never tried one.. Mellow

I have heard that most Davidoff cigars aren't worth the price. A friend had one overseas and enjoyed it, but no clue which one.

That is one brand that I don't think I would ever buy but have always wanted to try.
8. Author: StinkdyrDate: Fri, 6/23/2017, 3:14PM EST
Dav's are decent stix. But overpriced, so they will underwhelm you.

If they were priced around $3 per, I would put them in rotation.
Like so many others.

Herfing
9. Author: Hank_The_TankDate: Fri, 6/23/2017, 3:18PM EST
Stinkdyr wrote:
Dav's are decent stix. But overpriced, so they will underwhelm you.

If they were priced around $3 per, I would put them in rotation.
Like so many others.

Herfing

I don't really know the prices on them but think if they were like $10 I would give them a try.
10. Author: jasecoffDate: Fri, 6/23/2017, 3:18PM EST
https://us.davidoffgeneva.com/All-Brands/Davidoff/Davidoff-Royal-Release-Salomone/p/46650

11. Author: jasecoffDate: Fri, 6/23/2017, 3:21PM EST
Well hell lets just go all out.... Gurkha has TWO in the list even... WTH

http://moneyinc.com/most-expensive-cigars-that-money-can-buy/

Has anyone even heard of most of these?
I do think that number 2 is the winner!
12. Author: Hank_The_TankDate: Fri, 6/23/2017, 3:24PM EST
jasecoff wrote:

I have heard of about half of them. Have those black dragons always been that expensive? I feel like I have seen those floating around before.
13. Author: danmdevriesDate: Fri, 6/23/2017, 3:26PM EST
The Davidoff s I've had have been absolute perfection to me.

I've never bought, but what I've had I'd gladly pay 10 for. Take them over an opus. But I prefer the milder side.

14. Author: danmdevriesDate: Fri, 6/23/2017, 3:28PM EST
Steve Saka live reviewed a $$$ gurkha (royal majesty or something)

Said it was crap, and the way it burned in pictures says not much care was put into it's construction.
15. Author: jasecoffDate: Fri, 6/23/2017, 3:44PM EST
danmdevries wrote:
Steve Saka live reviewed a $$$ gurkha (royal majesty or something)

Said it was crap, and the way it burned in pictures says not much care was put into it's construction.

Yeah Cigarobsession reviewed one as well and couldn't even get the damn thing out of the tube. Had to use a screwdriver or something LOL
16. Author: bgzDate: Fri, 6/23/2017, 3:46PM EST
I like Davidoffs. I might buy one or two here and there just to try them if the store owner says their good.

Then again, I like Avos too... I buy them by the box.
17. Author: jasecoffDate: Fri, 6/23/2017, 3:48PM EST
Hank_The_Tank wrote:
I have heard of about half of them. Have those black dragons always been that expensive? I feel like I have seen those floating around before.

yeah good point, you can get a sampler on CI with 2 Black dragons included for $70

There must be something different.... but maybe not...
18. Author: BuckwheatDate: Fri, 6/23/2017, 4:06PM EST
Several of the discontinued Cuban Davidoff and Dunhill's Exclusive Cigar I bought were above $100 each. The Dunhill's where worth it, the Davidoff's not so much. Obviously there is not always a 1/1 price to taste (which is subjective anyway). One of the best cigars I ever smoked was some '70s RyJ coronas that I paid $20 each. YMMV. fog
19. Author: shaun341Date: Fri, 6/23/2017, 4:09PM EST
jasecoff wrote:

I have heard of most of these and their pricing is way off. You won't get a BBMF for $55 unless you get one at Fuentemania and even then the maduro (which looks like the picture is) IIRC was more. I believe the AniverXario came in a humidor with 50 cigars for $3k not $7.5K. Behikes could be had for $300 a box last year but are once again rare so they have gone up to $750 or so I think, so that number is way off in the article. The rest like the Gurkha and Gran Habano would never sell for those numbers so they stick it on as an msrp and tell everyone they are doing a 70% discount sale to unload them and still can't sell them. The Mayan cigars are a cool collectible but I highly doubt the authenticity of them but rich people will pay foolish numbers for things they think are legit.

I think that some cigars are expensive because of rarity but generally the rarity is because of the specific roll or shape that was used. This puts them in the collectible category and gives them a higher price tag. However, from my experience those collectible cigars are generally based off of a regular production line and they sell for way less and unless your palate is super sensitive to picking out subtle differences then they smoke the same generally. I have smoked a few cigars in the $30 range and have never been wowed by them, and have always thought that I would be wise to buy the regular production line and get the same satisfaction for 1/3 the price.
20. Author: Hillbillyjosh770Date: Fri, 6/23/2017, 4:18PM EST
The Illuminati gotta smoke something.

They bomb each other with His Majesty 5fers
21. Author: jjaneckaDate: Fri, 6/23/2017, 4:19PM EST
Huge fan of Davidoff. Recently pieced together a box of classic no. 1's since they've been discontinued. They're ok sticks right out the store and a lot of people say the no. 2's smoke better.

The Escurio line is better than the Yamasa, though I've given away a couple Nicaraguans I've never smoked one. Would like to try and snag a box of the chef's edition as well as the Culebras.

Padron and Fuente are just as good for the money, especially the Casa Fuente. All of the Opus I've had from the 2016 holiday shipment need aging; they're just too rough. Still would like to get a box of the Lost City but imo they're probably the weakest link out of the entire series.
22. Author: BuckwheatDate: Fri, 6/23/2017, 4:35PM EST
shaun341 wrote:
I have heard of most of these and their pricing is way off. You won't get a BBMF for $55 unless you get one at Fuentemania and even then the maduro (which looks like the picture is) IIRC was more. I believe the AniverXario came in a humidor with 50 cigars for $3k not $7.5K. Behikes could be had for $300 a box last year but are once again rare so they have gone up to $750 or so I think, so that number is way off in the article. The rest like the Gurkha and Gran Habano would never sell for those numbers so they stick it on as an msrp and tell everyone they are doing a 70% discount sale to unload them and still can't sell them. The Mayan cigars are a cool collectible but I highly doubt the authenticity of them but rich people will pay foolish numbers for things they think are legit.

I think that some cigars are expensive because of rarity but generally the rarity is because of the specific roll or shape that was used. This puts them in the collectible category and gives them a higher price tag. However, from my experience those collectible cigars are generally based off of a regular production line and they sell for way less and unless your palate is super sensitive to picking out subtle differences then they smoke the same generally. I have smoked a few cigars in the $30 range and have never been wowed by them, and have always thought that I would be wise to buy the regular production line and get the same satisfaction for 1/3 the price.

I agree but the original 4,000 Behikes that they list cost that much if you could even find them.
Go look at the cigars on Sotheby's and checkout what some of these rare cigars are going for today. fog
23. Author: shaun341Date: Fri, 6/23/2017, 5:08PM EST
Buckwheat wrote:
I agree but the original 4,000 Behikes that they list cost that much if you could even find them.
Go look at the cigars on Sotheby's and checkout what some of these rare cigars are going for today. fog

I missed that it was the OR, didn't think the credibility of the article was worth reading everything in it. I guess all OR are worth more, I just don't see the justification unless you are some rich person that only wants to brag about how expensive the cigars are they smoke, as if $30-$50 cigar is not ridiculous enough. I guess if you are taking all those cigars as OR and using today's secondary market prices you might come close to their pricing but I didn't think that was what the article was stating, seemed more general as in msrp for the line.
24. Author: gummy jonesDate: Fri, 6/23/2017, 6:41PM EST
I turn my back for five minutes and hank goes on a roll!
25. Author: RMAN4443Date: Fri, 6/23/2017, 7:12PM EST
gummy jones wrote:
I turn my back for five minutes and hank goes on a roll!

You have to hit one straight every now and then!
26. Author: hnixon12Date: Fri, 6/23/2017, 7:22PM EST
I have had two good splits with the Hankster, so as long as they go well, don't care what he posts LOL

27. Author: bgzDate: Fri, 6/23/2017, 9:35PM EST
Who is Hank?
28. Author: tonygrazDate: Fri, 6/23/2017, 9:54PM EST
Gurkha has produced several "Black Dragons". Only one I've smoked was good and that was the Black Dragon Fury Nublizer - and it was very good and is no longer available. Never had the $ 1,000 plus one. As to the cognac infused Gurkhas, I tried a couple of the less expensive ones and they were not much better that a yard gar. CBID puts the $ 1,000 Gurkha up for $ 399.00 starting bid every so often and no one bids on them.
29. Author: shaun341Date: Sat, 6/24/2017, 8:57AM EST
tonygraz wrote:
Gurkha has produced several "Black Dragons". Only one I've smoked was good and that was the Black Dragon Fury Nublizer - and it was very good and is no longer available. Never had the $ 1,000 plus one. As to the cognac infused Gurkhas, I tried a couple of the less expensive ones and they were not much better that a yard gar. CBID puts the $ 1,000 Gurkha up for $ 399.00 starting bid every so often and no one bids on them.

That's because they misplaced the decimal, should be $3.99 starting bid.
30. Author: bgzDate: Sat, 6/24/2017, 9:23AM EST
shaun341 wrote:
That's because they misplaced the decimal, should be $3.99 starting bid.

And people still wouldn't bid on them.
31. Author: tonygrazDate: Sat, 6/24/2017, 6:35PM EST
I might try one for $ 3.99
32. Author: DrafterXDate: Sun, 6/25/2017, 7:55AM EST
Tony..!! Laugh
33. Author: tonygrazDate: Sun, 6/25/2017, 8:18PM EST
Drafter !!
34. Author: bgzDate: Sun, 6/25/2017, 9:25PM EST
tonygraz wrote:
I might try one for $ 3.99

lol, don't think I could do it.
35. Author: Hank_The_TankDate: Mon, 6/26/2017, 9:53AM EST
I would definitely smoke one for $4
36. Author: NapalmMan67Date: Mon, 6/26/2017, 2:33PM EST
The most expensive cigar on the market, is whatever I happen to buy that my old lady finds out about.

Last I saw a few places current Behikes were close to, if not north of 1k per 10/bx.
37. Author: tonygrazDate: Mon, 6/26/2017, 6:26PM EST
I think they put five of them up on CBID Saturday or Sunday or Monday for the usual 399.99 starting bid.
38. Author: Hank_The_TankDate: Tue, 6/27/2017, 9:41AM EST
I guess the better question is: What super expensive cigar is worth the money?
39. Author: bgzDate: Tue, 6/27/2017, 11:30AM EST
NapalmMan67 wrote:
The most expensive cigar on the market, is whatever I happen to buy that my old lady finds out about.

Last I saw a few places current Behikes were close to, if not north of 1k per 10/bx.

Ya, that's ridiculous.
40. Author: TransplantDate: Sun, 7/2/2017, 4:05PM EST
Hank_The_Tank wrote:
I guess the better question is: What super expensive cigar is worth the money?

I'm with you, though I've never spent more than $15 for a cigar. One of these was a LFD Andalusian Bull (yeah, I had to try the CA Cigar of the Year) and it was the best cigar I ever smoked. That's the top of my price tolerance. Paying $30+ for a cigar is a foreign concept to me.
41. Author: jjaneckaDate: Sun, 7/2/2017, 8:57PM EST
Lol if andalusian bull is the best cigar you've smoked you need to start smoking more.
42. Author: tonygrazDate: Mon, 7/3/2017, 5:20PM EST
Can't help but wonder what the transplant was.
43. Author: AbrignacDate: Mon, 7/3/2017, 8:09PM EST
jjanecka wrote:
Lol if andalusian bull is the best cigar you've smoked you need to start smoking more.

Lotto Gomez has put out some really good cigars, but great is a small club which I'm not convinced his cigars have been added to.
44. Author: tonygrazDate: Fri, 7/7/2017, 12:34PM EST
I forgot about this one - Gurkha Maharaja at $ 2,000 per cigar.
45. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Fri, 7/7/2017, 12:36PM EST
www.leiracannagars.com/#cannagars-2

they've got one that runs $4k I think...
46. Author: fenderbendertexDate: Fri, 7/14/2017, 5:02PM EST

Opus X at $30,000 a box?

What a bargain
47. Author: StinkdyrDate: Tue, 7/25/2017, 12:58PM EST
I own the most expensive cigar on the market.
It will cost you $1,000,000 to buy it from me.
The wrapper and blend are top secret.
It is worth every penny.

Send me the money order, and I will ship you the cigar.

Sipping tea
48. Author: tamapatomDate: Tue, 7/25/2017, 1:03PM EST
Can I pay in bitcoins?
49. Author: Hank_The_TankDate: Tue, 7/25/2017, 2:18PM EST
Stinkdyr wrote:
I own the most expensive cigar on the market.
It will cost you $1,000,000 to buy it from me.
The wrapper and blend are top secret.
It is worth every penny.

Send me the money order, and I will ship you the cigar.

Sipping tea

Are you also a Nigerian Prince?
50. Author: frankj1Date: Tue, 7/25/2017, 10:18PM EST
Hank_The_Tank wrote:
Are you also a Nigerian Prince?

I've met him twice. He is definitely a Prince among men.

BTW, I thought I had you blocked at the border. How'd you slip through the dragnet?
FirstPrev12NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic