Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
I need TMCTLT's Approval before I go any further
1. Author: Ewok126Date: Mon, 10/2/2017, 6:17PM EST
I have let it set in a Bourbon soaked oak barrel for 3 days that had my bourbon (Ewok Van Winkle) in it. I have let 3 in the house hold besides myself test it to see if it has enough of that Bourbon flavor. There is a hint of bourbon taste to it, not enough to overpower it but just enough to compliment the peach was the response I got. My son done came in and stole a bottle, The little Butt Hole... TMCTLT I am asking for your approval before I offer it up with this label to the B/S OTL on here. If yes fantastic I will send a bottle to whom ever wants it. If no then fantastic I will eat it all my self cause damn its goood!!! lmaoooo.

PS: TMCTLT your message box is full or I would have just got your email addy from you and asked that way lol.
SpeederJuice Hot Sauce.jpg
2. Author: SpeysideDate: Tue, 10/3/2017, 7:26AM EST
Chris, great graphics as usual, cudos for giving Paul credit. I think this might be your best graphics to date. I would love to try some.
3. Author: Ewok126Date: Tue, 10/3/2017, 8:52AM EST
Speyside wrote:
Chris, great graphics as usual, cudos for giving Paul credit. I think this might be your best graphics to date. I would love to try some.

Thank you sir, Yes must give Paul Credit, its an ethical thing lol. Years as an amateur photographer also as an artist I have seen to many not get the credit that they should.

If he should give the Ok then I will get it out to you ASAP ThumpUp
4. Author: TMCTLTDate: Tue, 10/3/2017, 9:24AM EST
That looks awesome Chris, and I'll bet your sauce is tasty. Of course you have my permission you didn't need it to begin with, however a bottle sent my way will alleviate any future Problems… LMAO
5. Author: madspacklerDate: Tue, 10/3/2017, 9:37AM EST
TMCTLT wrote:
That looks awesome Chris, and I'll bet your sauce is tasty. Of course you have my permission you didn't need it to begin with, however a bottle sent my way will alleviate any future Problems… LMAO

Be careful. If the sauce is really hot you might be burning you’re arse off instead of laughing
6. Author: TMCTLTDate: Tue, 10/3/2017, 9:39AM EST
madspackler wrote:
Be careful. If the sauce is really hot you might be burning you’re arse off instead of laughing

Eric, when it comes to spicey chit.....it's always worth the risk baby!!!! Beer
7. Author: Ewok126Date: Tue, 10/3/2017, 11:00AM EST
TMCTLT wrote:

Blushing Blink Ummmmm.... Uhhhh..... wellll.... Ummmmm Blink Blushing Lmaooooo

So yep I will get yours and Allen's bottle out in the next few days, Yes sir I do need your permission its got your handle on it brother and its your recipe. lol. Beer
8. Author: RMAN4443Date: Tue, 10/3/2017, 12:08PM EST
Ewok126 wrote:

So yep I will get yours and Allen's bottle out in the next few days, Yes sir I do need your permission its got your handle on it brother and its your recipe. lol. Beer

Ewok,I'd love to give this a try.......if your up for a trade(a 5er for a sample bottle)
I smoked some ribs this past weekend and used your apple butter as a finishing glaze........AWESOME!!!!!
I brought them to the Pats vs. Panthers game and had them at the parking lot tailgate.They were great.I was watching as people were eating them,and every last person was licking their fingers to get all that appley goodness.Thanks,you helped make my ribs the "Belle of the Ball"Beer
9. Author: Ewok126Date: Tue, 10/3/2017, 12:19PM EST
RMAN4443 wrote:
Ewok,I'd love to give this a try.......if your up for a trade(a 5er for a sample bottle)
I smoked some ribs this past weekend and used your apple butter as a finishing glaze........AWESOME!!!!!
I brought them to the Pats vs. Panthers game and had them at the parking lot tailgate.They were great.I was watching as people were eating them,and every last person was licking their fingers to get all that appley goodness.Thanks,you helped make my ribs the "Belle of the Ball"Beer

Ahhh man that will make the wife's day for sure. I have held back 3 jars and dared any one in the house to touch it. I soooo want to try that on some ribs Do you do any kind of rub on them first or BBQ? Absolutely I will send you some no worries on a trade. I will get it out to you this Friday if that is ok along with TMCTLT and Speysides.
10. Author: RMAN4443Date: Tue, 10/3/2017, 12:51PM EST
Ewok126 wrote:
Ahhh man that will make the wife's day for sure. I have held back 3 jars and dared any one in the house to touch it. I soooo want to try that on some ribs Do you do any kind of rub on them first or BBQ? Absolutely I will send you some no worries on a trade. I will get it out to you this Friday if that is ok along with TMCTLT and Speysides.

Yeah,I spread yellow mustard all over the ribs to act as a "rub glue",and then I use a rub recipe I found online.I spread the rub on the ribs kinda thick,and then let them sit for a bit......generally 45 minutes,but up to 4 hours.Then onto a preheated smoker for about 5-6 hours using the 3-2-1 method.Spread them with the applebutter when you get to the last hour or so.Cook them over a low fire for the last hour or so..........watch them,because if the fire is to hot the butter will burn.Enjoy!Beer

http://www.grillingcompanion.com/recipe/rib-rub/

That website has the rub mixture I used.......pretty tasty to me,but tastes vary so use any rub you like.
11. Author: Ewok126Date: Tue, 10/3/2017, 1:29PM EST
MAN That recipe sounds fantastic. I appreciate the info. Looks like I will be sending the wife after some spices later on lol.
12. Author: TMCTLTDate: Tue, 10/3/2017, 2:23PM EST
Ewok126 wrote:

YOWZA...lookin forward to it Chris. I'll have to send ya some SW Salsa
13. Author: Ewok126Date: Tue, 10/3/2017, 2:35PM EST
TMCTLT wrote:
YOWZA...lookin forward to it Chris. I'll have to send ya some SW Salsa

Bwahahaha, You dont have to twist my arm brother but I dang sure wont argue with you neither lmaoooo
14. Author: Ewok126Date: Wed, 10/4/2017, 6:06PM EST
Bottles going out this Friday. If any one else is wanting any shoot me a PM. If you have not given me your addy do so in the PM as well. Again I am not asking for trades for this. This just gave me something new to try and would love to get feedback from everyone.
15. Author: Ewok126Date: Fri, 10/6/2017, 2:53PM EST
All Right guys, here is your tracking numbers, Scheduled to be picked up tomorrow Herfing

Spayside - 9405803699300514733753
RAMAN - 9405503699300110573714
TMCTLT - 9405803699300514733784

Chef Chef Chef Chef Chef Chef Chef Chef Chef Chef Chef Chef
16. Author: TMCTLTDate: Sat, 10/7/2017, 9:23AM EST

Really looking forward to trying it Chris!!!! Thanks Brother fog
17. Author: Ewok126Date: Sat, 10/7/2017, 10:52AM EST
TMCTLT wrote:
Really looking forward to trying it Chris!!!! Thanks Brother fog

Any time, You will have to let me know what you think of it when you get to try it. I wish I had made it a little hotter, it is very mild to me. I had done sealed all the bottles so could not add more hot goodness to it lmaooo. My dumb ass jumping the gun as usual. lol
18. Author: TMCTLTDate: Sat, 10/7/2017, 12:22PM EST
Ewok126 wrote:
Any time, You will have to let me know what you think of it when you get to try it. I wish I had made it a little hotter, it is very mild to me. I had done sealed all the bottles so could not add more hot goodness to it lmaooo. My dumb ass jumping the gun as usual. lol

Yeah I kinda did that the first time as well Chris ( went mild ) trying to keep in mind others may NOT dig it too spicy. So the next time around I made up a yuge batch and then separated into smaller ones adding two peppers to that batch....3 peppers to the next batch etc. Even using some ghost peppers in yet another batch.
19. Author: RMAN4443Date: Sat, 10/7/2017, 1:05PM EST
Thanks Chris,I'll be looking for it...........not sure what I'm gonna do with it yet,but I'm thinking about it.......maybe a little Tekillya chicken,with a little bourbon aged peach/habanero hot sauce glazeThink

Then again the bourbon and tekillya might clash.....have to mix up a spoonful and give it a taste......it's a dirty job,but someone's got to do itBeer
20. Author: Ewok126Date: Sat, 10/7/2017, 1:22PM EST
RMAN4443 wrote:
Thanks Chris,I'll be looking for it...........not sure what I'm gonna do with it yet,but I'm thinking about it.......maybe a little Tekillya chicken,with a little bourbon aged peach/habanero hot sauce glazeThink

Then again the bourbon and tekillya might clash.....have to mix up a spoonful and give it a taste......it's a dirty job,but someone's got to do itBeer

My Pleasure brother, The bourbon is very very slight, just enough to give a hint to the peach, You will have to taste it to see if you can peg it. Man I will have to admit the Tekillya chicken sounds like it would be great with the hot sauce glaze.
21. Author: TMCTLTDate: Wed, 10/11/2017, 4:49AM EST

Arrived yesterday Chris.....looks good and I Love the packaging!!! Let ya know what we thinks after we open it, true story....I kinda quick like put it in the cabinet ( not really hiding it Liar ) and low and behold my bride comes home and I hear her asking " where'd the Ewok peach bourbon habanero sauce " come from???

Foiled again!!!!
22. Author: Ewok126Date: Wed, 10/11/2017, 7:41AM EST
TMCTLT wrote:
Arrived yesterday Chris.....looks good and I Love the packaging!!! Let ya know what we thinks after we open it, true story....I kinda quick like put it in the cabinet ( not really hiding it Liar ) and low and behold my bride comes home and I hear her asking " where'd the Ewok peach bourbon habanero sauce " come from???

Foiled again!!!!

Bwahahahhaha, What is it with women, Last bottle I had opened my wife came in and took the bottle off my desk and that was the last I seen it. I still have yet to even find an empty bottle. I think she hid it from me. Brick wall
23. Author: SpeysideDate: Wed, 10/11/2017, 8:04AM EST
Mine arrived yesterday. Love the label. Had it on my eggs this morning, great stuff, wonderful flavor. I like hot sauce mild or hot. This was a very good mild one. Chris, I will get your package out next week.
24. Author: Ewok126Date: Wed, 10/11/2017, 8:29AM EST
Speyside wrote:
Mine arrived yesterday. Love the label. Had it on my eggs this morning, great stuff, wonderful flavor. I like hot sauce mild or hot. This was a very good mild one. Chris, I will get your package out next week.

Very Nice Allen, I have informed the wife to be ready to make me some of her homemade biscuits for breakfast one morning. I also have the last bit of my Apple pie tea set aside from the same place where I got the peach lol. It is another herbal tea they have there and its like liquid heaven. I will only use honey as a sweetener in those teas. Here the only honey we can get is that crappy Honey Bear watered down crap at the grocery store. I had a jar that Hillbilly Josh had sent me and needless to say that jar got slaughtered lol.

Was you able to notice the Bourbon? I was debating if I should have left it a little longer in the barrel. I wish I had waited before sealing up the bottles so I could have added just a touch more peppers. That batch filled 12 of those bottles. I was thinking maybe 2 more peppers for the whole batch would have been spot on. What do you think? Herfing
25. Author: Ewok126Date: Wed, 10/18/2017, 5:36PM EST
Well, My wife surprised me today. She came in carrying a box and asked if I was expecting a box from our very own Rman. I was not expecting a box and it scared me for a bit. I first thought I had forgot about a trade of some sort. I try my best to keep up with these kinds of things but the stroke messed up my wiring on short term memory. Since I know this I was all like "OH SHIT!" I think my ass eat half my chair. Lucky for me Rick put a note in the package explaining that it was just a thank you for sending him some homemade goodies. My butt clinched so hard prior to reading the note it is going to take a few days for the soreness to go away lol.

Since this was not expected nor was this to be a trade, I view these actions as an act of kindness. I think it is only fair to honor his kindness and post what all he had sent.

Before I get to that though I want to say thank you very much Rick. Your timing is impeccable. Things have been kind of rough here in dealing with the every day BS and this just made my day.

Now for the list of goodness!

1 Macanudo Cru Royale. I have had this one and love it.
1 Ray Lewis by RP. NH but have been wanting dearly to try it.
1 La Palina Classic. NH but love all other La Palinas I have got to try.
1 La Palina Herencia Cubana NH
1 GrayCliff 30 year Vintage NH
1 Montecristo Platinum NH
1 H. Upmann Media Noche NH
1 Partagas Ci Fuentes NH

You are the man Rick!

Now I think I am going to lay down for a bit due to not feeling to well. "Stressful week it has been umm, wore out you are" as Yoda would say. Anxious
26. Author: TMCTLTDate: Wed, 10/18/2017, 5:46PM EST

Well done Rick Applause

Rest Ewok....REST
27. Author: RMAN4443Date: Thu, 10/19/2017, 4:02PM EST
Ewok126 wrote:
Well, My wife surprised me today. She came in carrying a box and asked if I was expecting a box from our very own Rman. I was not expecting a box and it scared me for a bit. I first thought I had forgot about a trade of some sort. I try my best to keep up with these kinds of things but the stroke messed up my wiring on short term memory. Since I know this I was all like "OH SHIT!" I think my ass eat half my chair. Lucky for me Rick put a note in the package explaining that it was just a thank you for sending him some homemade goodies. My butt clinched so hard prior to reading the note it is going to take a few days for the soreness to go away lol.

Since this was not expected nor was this to be a trade, I view these actions as an act of kindness. I think it is only fair to honor his kindness and post what all he had sent.

Before I get to that though I want to say thank you very much Rick. Your timing is impeccable. Things have been kind of rough here in dealing with the every day BS and this just made my day.

Now for the list of goodness!

1 Macanudo Cru Royale. I have had this one and love it.
1 Ray Lewis by RP. NH but have been wanting dearly to try it.
1 La Palina Classic. NH but love all other La Palinas I have got to try.
1 La Palina Herencia Cubana NH
1 GrayCliff 30 year Vintage NH
1 Montecristo Platinum NH
1 H. Upmann Media Noche NH
1 Partagas Ci Fuentes NH

You are the man Rick!

Now I think I am going to lay down for a bit due to not feeling to well. "Stressful week it has been umm, wore out you are" as Yoda would say. Anxious

Youre more than welcome,and enjoyBeer
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic