Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
Unusual Cigar Cutters
1. Author: Yassir SanchezDate: Thu, 9/28/2017, 4:05PM EST
What are some more of the non-traditional ways you folks have implemented to "nip the bud" so to speak when the usual devices are not available?

I hate the idea of actually biting the bullet as it were and have always enjoyed using different items to help me out.

Some of the more clever devices I have used are:
-spent .556 casing
-toothpick
-Electricians "dykes" (Relax, it is a special kind of wire cutter, not what your dirty minds are thinking)
-scissors on Swiss Army Knife
-Trotline Hook

Just to name a few.
2. Author: Ewok126Date: Thu, 9/28/2017, 5:12PM EST
Holds head in shame..... A Golf Tee Oh and a good ole Case xx pocket knife
3. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 9/28/2017, 5:12PM EST
What is the excuse for not having a cutter handy?

I got one in my man cave, 3 in the living room, one in my tackle box... and a Wenger swiss army knife with an actual cigar cutter (courtesy of AndyTV).
4. Author: Ewok126Date: Thu, 9/28/2017, 5:13PM EST
MACS wrote:
What is the excuse for not having a cutter handy?

I got one in my man cave, 3 in the living room, one in my tackle box... and a Wenger swiss army knife with an actual cigar cutter (courtesy of AndyTV).

I have lost the one I was carrying while out? I hate the term but I will use it..... Duhhhhh man now if I had a swiss army knife with an actual cutter I would be in heaven. I would consider leaving my case xx at home lol
5. Author: jacquesemoDate: Thu, 9/28/2017, 5:28PM EST
punched a bunch of holes in the cap with a toothpick
6. Author: corey sellersDate: Thu, 9/28/2017, 5:37PM EST
Chainsaw
7. Author: RMAN4443Date: Thu, 9/28/2017, 7:10PM EST
Machete
8. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 9/28/2017, 7:27PM EST
circumcisor
9. Author: deadeyedickDate: Thu, 9/28/2017, 7:40PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
circumcisor

Of course! And a Hobart meat slicer make a great cut every time but is a little hard to carry around.

I have used a golf tee many times while on the links. One hole or multiple holes as needed.
10. Author: apbigmoDate: Thu, 9/28/2017, 9:18PM EST
You're front teeth.
11. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 9/28/2017, 9:33PM EST
deadeyedick wrote:
Of course! And a Hobart meat slicer make a great cut every time but is a little hard to carry around.

I have used a golf tee many times while on the links. One hole or multiple holes as needed.

definitely golf tees
12. Author: KingoftheCoveDate: Thu, 9/28/2017, 10:09PM EST
I heard JadeRose can suq so hard on his favorite sticks, that he doesn't even need to cut the cigar.
He just puffs away on his favorite 6x60, with an unclipped head.........which also explains why he is always at the top of Z's camping list.
13. Author: DrafterXDate: Fri, 9/29/2017, 7:08AM EST
ya, that sounds like Jade alright... Not talking
14. Author: jjaneckaDate: Fri, 9/29/2017, 10:28AM EST
Man that is just way too hot
15. Author: madspacklerDate: Fri, 9/29/2017, 11:14AM EST
Ewok126 wrote:
I have lost the one I was carrying while out? I hate the term but I will use it..... Duhhhhh man now if I had a swiss army knife with an actual cutter I would be in heaven. I would consider leaving my case xx at home lol

Swiss Army does make a pocket knife with a cigar scissor. I picked one up on Cbid a long time ago. It is a larger style pocket knife, not the mini style. Works great. Google is your friend.
16. Author: Ewok126Date: Fri, 9/29/2017, 11:20AM EST
madspackler wrote:
Swiss Army does make a pocket knife with a cigar scissor. I picked one up on Cbid a long time ago. It is a larger style pocket knife, not the mini style. Works great. Google is your friend.

I will do some digging, Thanks for the info
17. Author: Arrow_34Date: Fri, 9/29/2017, 1:34PM EST
I use a pocket knife to smoke the last inch of a great cigar.. in place of a tooth pick.
18. Author: Hank_The_TankDate: Mon, 10/2/2017, 3:52PM EST
At first I thought that I had only used a cutter, but remembered that I have tried the teeth method...worked terribly. Tried the golf tee...worked ok. Tried the pocket knife..worked like a charm.

Saw some interesting things on the golf course though:

-Dude rubbed the end on the cart path until he could suck air through it.
-Buddy used a broken beer bottle he found in the trash.
-Another guy used a shredded beer can from the trash.
-Saw a guy try to cut the tip off with his zipper...
19. Author: bgzDate: Mon, 10/2/2017, 6:08PM EST
I'm with MACS...

Got two in my golf bag, 1 in my herfador, 1 in my work back pack, 1 in my desk drawer at work, 1 in my accessory spot at home (primary), 3 or 4 in the junk drawer, 1 in the center console in my car...

Now if I could do the same thing with lighters that would be great.
20. Author: corey sellersDate: Mon, 10/2/2017, 6:12PM EST
Dam did the tip get stuck in his zipper and did you help him get it out

Just asking
21. Author: bgzDate: Mon, 10/2/2017, 6:31PM EST
We got a bleeder!
22. Author: BigDate: Mon, 10/2/2017, 8:01PM EST
All of the above are certainly more logical than the person I met that paid over $5 for his Guillotine cutter! Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan
23. Author: tamapatomDate: Wed, 10/4/2017, 7:24AM EST
8" Circular Chop saw gives a perfect cut with no stress on the cap.........it also successfully cut a Churchill in half without in unraveling when I was in a pinch needing two cigars.
24. Author: delta1Date: Wed, 10/4/2017, 1:49PM EST
I've used kitchen knives and regular scissors...just have to remember to moisten the cap before cutting to prevent ripping the wrapper...
25. Author: deadeyedickDate: Thu, 10/5/2017, 8:40AM EST
Big wrote:
All of the above are certainly more logical than the person I met that paid over $5 for his Guillotine cutter! Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan

Years ago I used a cheap plastic guillotine which came apart during the cut and sliced the tip of my thumb off. I don't mind paying a few $ more for a Palio.
26. Author: Yassir SanchezDate: Fri, 10/6/2017, 12:14PM EST
I have used golf tees too.
27. Author: Yassir SanchezDate: Fri, 10/6/2017, 12:14PM EST
I have used golf tees too.
28. Author: fliermartinDate: Thu, 10/19/2017, 6:45AM EST
Those palio cutters are nice I just got 4 of them one tor the office, one for the garage, one for my jeep and one for travel. I have used a box cutter and a pocket knife before.
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic