Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev34567NextLast
THE RECIPE THREAD: Grillin, Crockpot, Tried Something New? Share It!
201. Author: fishinguitarmanDate: Wed, 11/6/2013, 8:52PM EST
From Baldy

Ok,

Someone needs to say it.So,I will.

The tomato and bean infested soup you guys call Chili is a disgrace.

So,

I'm gonna give up my REAL TX RED CHILI recipe...

here goes..

1/4 lb suet,finely chopped (beef fat,bacon may be substitued but only a couple of strips)
3 lbs round steak,coarsely cubed
6 tbls good chili powder (I make my own)
1 tbls spoon crushed oregano (not ground)
1 tbls crushed cumin seed
1 tbls salt
1/2 to 1 tbls cayenne
4 cloves garlic minced
1 large onion minced
1 tbls tabasco
1.5 quarts water3 tbls masa harina ( This is fine ground mexican corn flour,used as a thickener ,added near the end of cooking time)

In a Dutch Oven fry suet until crisp.Add steak cubes,onions and brown.Drain off fat.Add all seasonings (except the masa harina) and garlic.Heat to a boil.Reduce heat and simmer for 1.5 to 2 hrs,until meat is tender.In a small bowl addd corn flour to a 1/2 a cup of water and mix well.Stir in corn flour mixture and simmer uncovered for an additional 30 mins.

This a rather spicey recipe.So,add less cayenne and Tabasco ,if you must

Now if you must have beans.
It is acceptable serve them as a side dish with corn bread...

I challenge all Chili chef wannabees to try this recipe.You WILL love it

wheel,,

Is this even the same Sloppy Joe recipe????

Wheel doesn't have any teeth, so I guess he has to make it this way...
202. Author: wheelriteDate: Wed, 11/6/2013, 9:13PM EST
fishinguitarman wrote:
From Baldy

Ok,

Someone needs to say it.So,I will.

The tomato and bean infested soup you guys call Chili is a disgrace.

So,

I'm gonna give up my REAL TX RED CHILI recipe...

here goes..

1/4 lb suet,finely chopped (beef fat,bacon may be substitued but only a couple of strips)
3 lbs round steak,coarsely cubed
6 tbls good chili powder (I make my own)
1 tbls spoon crushed oregano (not ground)
1 tbls crushed cumin seed
1 tbls salt
1/2 to 1 tbls cayenne
4 cloves garlic minced
1 large onion minced
1 tbls tabasco
1.5 quarts water3 tbls masa harina ( This is fine ground mexican corn flour,used as a thickener ,added near the end of cooking time)

In a Dutch Oven fry suet until crisp.Add steak cubes,onions and brown.Drain off fat.Add all seasonings (except the masa harina) and garlic.Heat to a boil.Reduce heat and simmer for 1.5 to 2 hrs,until meat is tender.In a small bowl addd corn flour to a 1/2 a cup of water and mix well.Stir in corn flour mixture and simmer uncovered for an additional 30 mins.

This a rather spicey recipe.So,add less cayenne and Tabasco ,if you must

Now if you must have beans.
It is acceptable serve them as a side dish with corn bread...

I challenge all Chili chef wannabees to try this recipe.You WILL love it

wheel,,

Is this even the same Sloppy Joe recipe????

Wheel doesn't have any teeth, so I guess he has to make it this way...

Hey old fart you'd never admit it if you liked

so whatever,,
203. Author: fishinguitarmanDate: Wed, 11/6/2013, 9:33PM EST
wheelrite wrote:
Hey old fart you'd never admit it if you liked

so whatever,,

Actually, sounds really good and I bet I'd love it!!!

.....but it ain't chili
204. Author: delta1Date: Wed, 11/6/2013, 11:19PM EST
Very easy, simple recipe for grilled tri tip steak: Lemon Garlic Tri tips

3 - 4 lbs of tri tip steak

marinate over night or two in:

juice from two lemons
3/4 cup soy sauce
tblspn minced/chopped garlic
tblspn dried oregano
tblspn sugar
tspn black pepper
tspn seasoned salt
tblspn roasted sesame oil

Put tri tip steaks into large ziplock. Stir all ingredients for marinade together in a mixing bowl, pour into ziplock. Squeeze contents to help beef absorb marinade. Refrigerate over night, or two nights to allow the acid from lemon juice to tenderize beef. Grill over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes per side for medium rare. Cooking time may vary depending on your grill.
205. Author: fishinguitarmanDate: Thu, 11/20/2014, 11:43AM EST
Anybody got any good recipes for ground lamb?
206. Author: Thunder.GerbilDate: Thu, 11/20/2014, 11:56AM EST
fishinguitarman wrote:
Anybody got any good recipes for ground lamb?

Make burgers. 3 parts ground beef, 2 parts ground lamb or mutton, 1 part ground pork, 1 part crumbled blue cheese, a lot of cracked very coarse black pepper (for 7lbs of meat I use about 1/2 a cup or more), coarse grind fennel seed (at about 1 tsp per lb of meat), and salt. Blue cheese can be the cheap stuff that comes pre crumbled in the tubs (like $4/ for a 8oz tub) the expensive stuff doesn't gain you anything for these.

Grill on a heavy cast iron grate over hot mesquite. Cook to medium well because of the raw pork. Don't skimp on the burger buns, get the better ones, you'll need it.
207. Author: fishinguitarmanDate: Thu, 11/20/2014, 12:20PM EST
Thunder.Gerbil wrote:
Make burgers. 3 parts ground beef, 2 parts ground lamb or mutton, 1 part ground pork, 1 part crumbled blue cheese, a lot of cracked very coarse black pepper (for 7lbs of meat I use about 1/2 a cup or more), coarse grind fennel seed (at about 1 tsp per lb of meat), and salt. Blue cheese can be the cheap stuff that comes pre crumbled in the tubs (like $4/ for a 8oz tub) the expensive stuff doesn't gain you anything for these.

Grill on a heavy cast iron grate over hot mesquite. Cook to medium well because of the raw pork. Don't skimp on the burger buns, get the better ones, you'll need it.

DANG that sounds good....What about the large onion buns?
208. Author: Thunder.GerbilDate: Thu, 11/20/2014, 12:42PM EST
fishinguitarman wrote:
DANG that sounds good....What about the large onion buns?

If that's what you like, go for it. The main thing is that these are very juicy and have some grease to them so you want something that can soak all that up without falling apart and turning into a soggy mess. The cheap buns just don't have enough density and bread in them to do that. Nor does something like ciabatta because it has so many holes in the bread. I typically use something like Oroweat Crustini buns, but that's just personal tastes. Anything with a nice dense, chewy, spongy bread will work.
209. Author: Burner02Date: Mon, 2/2/2015, 4:15PM EST
Korean Barbecue Tacos

Ingredients

1 - 1.5lb lean beef short rib meat
6” soft tortillas
Dry slaw cabbage with shaved carrots
Citrus infused soy sauce
¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
¼ cup sesame oil
¼ cup dark brown sugar
¼ cup fresh ginger root
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust up or down for desired taste)
1 bunch scallion greens
2-3 large cloves of garlic
Fresh cilantro

Marinade prep
Place ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce, ¼ cup sesame oil, ¼ cup dark brown sugar, ¼ cup fresh ginger root, 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 1 bunch scallion greens, and 2-3 large cloves of garlic in food processor. Blend and set aside.

Meat Prep
Slice meat diagonally resulting in 1/8 inch pieces. Once the meat is sliced, place in bowl, cover with the marinade mixture and stir to coat all of the meat. Cover bowl and place in refrig for 2.5 hours.

Cooking
Heat griddle to medium to medium high and place meat on griddle. Flatten or press the meat on the griddle by hand. When transferring meat from bowl to griddle, squeeze out excess marinade. Brown the meat and do the same to the other side.

While the meat is cooking, warm the tortillas and plate. Place a light bed of the dry slaw on each tortilla. Once the meat is cooked, add meat and garnish with cilantro and citrus infused soy sauce.
210. Author: drnosDate: Mon, 2/2/2015, 5:41PM EST
Quick and easy fish tacos:

Cut white fish to ~ 1.5"x1.5"x4" pieces, grill to your liking (mahi-mahi, haddock, whatever. I just used some local cod to good effect)
Put 2 warm tortillas together
Spread the middle with white sauce (2 parts mayo, 1 part habanero hot sauce. You can use tabasco or something else if you're a wimp or a sissy)
Put grilled fish in middle
Top with mixed salad greens, torn small, and fresh cilantro (pre-bagged salads work great) and fold both tortillas over
Serve with 1/4 lime
As the fillings start squeezing out the back, separate the bottom tortilla and move it back to accommodate

I've made that as simple as possible, so don't go scrimping by leaving out the cilantro or lime. They are necessary ingredients.

That's the quick and easy. About 90% as good as traditional. Good enough for my bohemian taste.

Traditional:
Prepare a beer batter with flour, corn meal, chili powder, baking soda, and light beer (I tried Moose Drool dark ale once and...not so much). Pancake batter viscosity is what you want.
Dip and deep fry fish
Prepare a white sauce from yogurt, sour cream, mayo, cumin, dill weed, cayenne, and salt (look it up if you're this ambitious)
Finely shred cabbage with a mandolin
Otherwise, prepare as above

211. Author: fishinguitarmanDate: Wed, 2/11/2015, 7:08PM EST
Might try this with some catfish or bream
212. Author: AbrignacDate: Wed, 2/11/2015, 7:18PM EST
fishinguitarman wrote:
Might try this with some catfish or bream

Try it with some choupique.
213. Author: fishinguitarmanDate: Wed, 2/11/2015, 7:21PM EST
Abrignac wrote:
Try it with some choupique.

LMAO! You tryin to put somebody in the hospital? d'oh!

How bout Sac-a-lait?
214. Author: AbrignacDate: Wed, 2/11/2015, 7:50PM EST
fishinguitarman wrote:
LMAO! You tryin to put somebody in the hospital? d'oh!

How bout Sac-a-lait?

Why mess'em up. Fried is the way to go.
215. Author: MACSDate: Wed, 2/11/2015, 8:54PM EST
I did this recently... and it was awesome.

In the crock pot: garlic, onions, and chicken stock. Add in some boneless, skinless chicken thighs and cook low for 6-8 hours.

When done, pair with rice or pasta and alfredo sauce. Holy flippin crap is this good! 4 oz of this chicken is only 130 calories. One cup of rice is 200. 1/4 cup of alfredo sauce is 100.

8 oz chicken is 260+200+100 = 560. Lots of protein.
216. Author: wheelriteDate: Wed, 2/11/2015, 11:22PM EST
MACS wrote:
I did this recently... and it was awesome.
Ate a Chicken Pot Pie while watching Gladiator movies naked,,,.

oh my

wheel,,
217. Author: MACSDate: Wed, 2/11/2015, 11:24PM EST
wheelrite wrote:
oh my

wheel,,

I ain't got nothing against gladiator movies... or nudity. Together they gotta be good, right?

Add a bowl of ice cream... heaven.
218. Author: wheelriteDate: Wed, 2/11/2015, 11:28PM EST
MACS wrote:
I ain't got nothing against gladiator movies... or nudity. Together they gotta be good, right?

a caramel sauce !!

wheel,,
219. Author: Thunder.GerbilDate: Wed, 2/11/2015, 11:37PM EST
MACS wrote:

MACS likes watching naked gladiators eat ice cream?

220. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 2/12/2015, 8:37AM EST
^As if you don't...^ whip
221. Author: Thunder.GerbilDate: Thu, 2/12/2015, 11:13AM EST
MACS wrote:
^As if you don't...^ whip

Yeah, but at least I'm looking at the female ones.
222. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 2/12/2015, 11:16AM EST
I thought macs was saying he was glad he ate her but his mouf was full at the time.
223. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 2/12/2015, 11:45AM EST
teedubbya wrote:
I thought macs was saying he was glad he ate her but his mouf was full at the time.

I poured ice cream on her cooch and went to town!
224. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 2/12/2015, 11:50AM EST
MACS wrote:
I poured ice cream on her cooch and went to town!

when you went to town did someone else come in to eat the ice cream or did you just leave it there?
225. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 2/12/2015, 11:53AM EST
teedubbya wrote:
when you went to town did someone else come in to eat the ice cream or did you just leave it there?

Bazinga!! Ha...ha..ha...
226. Author: MACSDate: Sat, 4/18/2015, 6:48PM EST
Made this today, and just had a plate of it... OMG is it goooooood!!

3.5 lbs chuck blade roast, cubed into 2 inch squares
1 potato, sliced
2 carrots, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1/2 onion, sliced
1 bottle Stubb's beef marinade
1 can of beer

Put all the ingredients into a crock pot, pour the marinade and the beer over it and let it cook.

BOOYAH!!
227. Author: AbrignacDate: Sat, 4/18/2015, 7:27PM EST
Crawfish Étouffée
Yield: About 1 ½ Gallon

Ingredients
• 1 stick of butter
• ¼ cup tomato paste
• 4 cups diced onions
• 2 cups diced celery
• 1 cup diced green pepper
• 1 bunch of sliced green onions
• 2 tbl minced garlic
• 4 cups water
• 4 tbl flour
• ½ tsp Louisiana Fish Fry Crab, Crawfish & Shrimp Pour & Boil Seasoning mix
• salt
• red and or black pepper
• 3 #’s crawfish tails (or fresh shrimp)
• cooked rice

Method:
1. In a two sauce pan, melt butter.
2. Stir in tomato paste, onions, celery and green peppers. Sauté until vegetables are softened.
3. Add green onions and garlic and sauté 5 minutes.
4. Make a slurry with the flour and ½ cup of water.
5. Pour remaining water into sauce pan and bring to boil. Stir in slurry. Sauce should be a bit thicker than you plan to serve it. As the seafood cooks, it will release moisture which will thin the sauce (You may need to add addition slurry).
6. Add seasoning mix.
7. After mixture thickens, simmer 5 minutes.
8. Add crawfish tails.
9. When seafood is thoroughly cooked, about 5-8 minutes once mixture begins to bubble, adjust sauce thickness and seasonings as need.
10. Serve over cooked rice.

Ça c'est bon Cher
228. Author: Mattie BDate: Sun, 4/19/2015, 11:24AM EST
Cajun Chicken Pasta

This came to be because its what I had handy.

Best part is, I only use 1 pot and 1 pan. And it's cheap and simple and feeds an army

Cut chicken in to cubes. Coat heavily with Cajun seasoning. Sauté in olive oil making sure to get some color
Remove chicken and then sauté slices of onion and bell pepper
Remove veggies and make a roux Add cream, chicken stock and more cajun seasoning.
Boil pasta of choice in a separate pot.
Add sauce, chicken and veggies to drained pasta.

Serve with salad and bread.

We have this almost weekly as the kids love it. Creamy with a bit of apice
229. Author: fishinguitarmanDate: Sun, 4/19/2015, 8:36PM EST
Mattie B wrote:
Cajun Chicken Pasta

This came to be because its what I had handy.

Best part is, I only use 1 pot and 1 pan. And it's cheap and simple and feeds an army

Cut chicken in to cubes. Coat heavily with Cajun seasoning. Sauté in olive oil making sure to get some color
Remove chicken and then sauté slices of onion and bell pepper
Remove veggies and make a roux Add cream, chicken stock and more cajun seasoning.
Boil pasta of choice in a separate pot.
Add sauce, chicken and veggies to drained pasta.

Serve with salad and bread.

We have this almost weekly as the kids love it. Creamy with a bit of apice

I hope it's tawni's bread pudding and not red squirrel for desert!
230. Author: fishinguitarmanDate: Tue, 10/17/2017, 8:56PM EST
Let's get some new ones!
231. Author: danmdevriesDate: Tue, 10/17/2017, 9:37PM EST
Cheesy Pepper-Chorizo-Egg-Potato breffist casserole

Sorry I don't have any exact measurements or anything, I usually just cook by feel.

Anaheim peppers - grilled and skinned. About 8 of em, enough to fill a layer in a casserole dish. Can also use canned whole green chilies if you can find em. I use a smaller dish because there's only 2.5 of us, but you can scale it up

Eggs and cream - usually about 6-10 eggs but mine vary in size from the backyard, so just do whatever, you'll be pouring this over the top and stopping once everything's covered.

Block or two of cheese. I prefer habanero havarti from a local dairy farm, but you can do whatever cheese you like. I like some heat, have used pepper jack as well

Couple potatoes, or a bag of frozen shredded or cubed potatoes whatever you like. I've done tater tots and hash brown patties too

Cheddar to top, or whatever shredded cheese you like. I prefer cheddar.

Chorizo I usually use about a pound but it's excessive, I like chorizo. Half pound if butcher ground, two tubes if getting the tube kind

Optional tomato, onion, cilantro etc whatever you like

So, you'll shred the fresh potatoes (or use your frozen kind) and line the bottom of the casserole dish

Then take the grilled and skinned (or canned) green chilies and gut em from the top. Try to leave them whole. They'll split a bit, but don't chop or slice em

Take the cubed cheese and cut it into strips to stuff into the peppers. Stuff it into the peppers.

Lay peppers over the potatoes.

Cook the chorizo (and diced onion if you want cooked onion) in a skillet, drain grease. Line a plate with paper towels, dump the drained meat and press with more paper towels to get as much of the grease out. This helps keep the casserole together, the grease makes it all just mush

Sprinkle chorizo evenly over the peppers and potatoes in the pan

Next whip the eggs and cream together and pour this over the pan to cover the stuff you put in there already

Put your optional stuff on top - I'll usually throw in some diced onion and cilantro. I've tried tomatoes but they tend to be too watery and cause the stuff to break up. I like to get "cake slices" from the pan. Tried baby spinach too with same result. Better off just adding this stuff on the serving plate.

Lightly sprinkle the top with cheddar. This will sink into the eggs a bit, you'll be topping later once the eggs are firm.

Put it in the oven at 375ish. Maybe 400? For as long as it takes to get a golden crust and a clean fork punch. Once the eggs are cooked and firm, it's done since the meat and peppers are already cooked and the potatoes will not overcook covered in eggs. Recover with cheddar, turn off the oven and put the pan back in till cheese melts. Serve with salsa or whatever the hell you want. It's hearty, but not heart healthy.
232. Author: danmdevriesDate: Wed, 10/18/2017, 2:59AM EST
Talking about it (and since I already had most of the ingredients - just had to run to the store for beer and whole chilies) drove me to make it. Measured stuff. Did it the cheap/quick/easy way with canned chiles and frozen taters but I still highly recommend grilling your own.

11x7 casserole dish.
Frozen shredded hash browns
15 Anaheim peppers or 3 cans whole green chilies
2 tubes (1/2 lb) chorizo sausage
12 eggs
1/2 cup cream or milk or whatever you use to scramble your eggs
1 block 8oz pepper jack cheese
1 bag 8oz cheddar or whatever you like to top eggs with

1.) Grill or roast the peppers until they can be skinned. (Or open and drain 3 cans of whole green chilies)
2.) Skin the peppers and gut the innards, but try to keep the pepper whole as you're going to stuff it.
3.) Start skillet at medium temp and spread chorizo out evenly
4.) Cut cheese block into strips to stuff in the peppers. Stuff in the peppers
5.) Grease casserole dish and put a layer of hash browns on the bottom.
6.) Top potatoes with stuffed peppers
7.) Chorizo should be done, you need a TON of paper towels to degrease. I put 4 on a large plate, scoop the meat from the skillet after tilting to drain, and scoop onto the paper towels. Grab another stack of paper towels and squeeze the **** out of that sausage. Repeat until the grease no longer drips from the towels. Breakthrough grease ok, just don't want dripping
8.) Sprinkle dried chorizo crumble over the peppers
9.) Scramble up a dozen eggs and pour over the peppers until covered. Poke around with your whisk to work the air out a bit before you throw away leftover egg, it'll settle. I actually had to add another 3 eggs, 15 total, but mine are irregular sizes.
10.) Sprinkle about half the bag of shredded cheese over the egg. Should be about maxed out in the pan by now.
11.) Cook at 400 until eggs are done in the center. About 40 minutes.
12.) Top with the remainder of your sprinkle cheese, put back in the (turned off) oven until melted. Let cool, slice, and eat.
233. Author: fishinguitarmanDate: Wed, 10/18/2017, 11:08PM EST
Keep um coming!

fog
234. Author: jjaneckaDate: Thu, 10/19/2017, 12:00PM EST
Black Tea Porkchops

5 chops
1 teabag (I prefer english breakfast or just regular lipton)
Garlic Powder
Pepper
Salt
Honey

Rip open your teabag and make a rub by combining the tea, garlic powder, pepper, and salt. Rub your meat down and let it sit for an hour at room temperature.

Get your grill going to 500 degrees and cook to taste. This works best for thinner chops so if you got big cuts you might need more seasoning.

After the flip, glaze the top with honey.
235. Author: jjaneckaDate: Fri, 10/20/2017, 11:19AM EST
Red curry Salmon patties

1 16oz can salmon
1/2 med Onion finely diced
Parsley to taste
Red curry paste to taste
2T bread crumbs
1 egg

Red curry paste:
4 cloves garlic
1T tamarind
1oz ginger
1t coriander seed
1/2 t black peppercorn
10 red thai chilis (less if you don't have nuts)
1t turmeric
A couple citrus leaves cut up thin

Grind the ingredients for the curry into a paste with a mortar or blender or with your bare hands.

Mix up all your crap for the salmon patties and fry them in a skillet.

You can take the remainder of the curry paste and turn it into a red curry by adding fresh vegetables, pork or shrimp, and cocnut milk.
236. Author: plinytheelderDate: Sun, 10/22/2017, 12:43PM EST
Lately, my wife has been making Biscuits and Gravy using mexican chorizo instead of sausage.
237. Author: Ewok126Date: Sun, 10/22/2017, 2:52PM EST
ABTS or Atomic Buffalo Turds

Simplicity at its best.

Ingredients:

1 pound bulk Creole green onion pork sausage
20 jalapeño peppers, seeded and split lengthwise
¼ cup minced tasso (spicy Cajun style ham)
½ cup minced onions
½ cup minced celery
½ cup minced red bell peppers
¼ cup minced garlic
¼ cup chopped parsley
1 (11.5-ounce) container Bittersweet Plantation Dairy Creole Cream Cheese or regular Cream Cheese if you prefer.
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 lb of bacon
salt and cracked black pepper

Method:
In a heavy-bottomed skillet, saute sausage and tasso over medium heat. Add onions, celery, bell peppers, garlic and parsley. Continue to cook approximately 20 minutes or until meat is browned and vegetables are wilted, add salt and black pepper to taste then let this cool down. In a mixing bowl, combine Creole cream cheese and Parmesan. Fold cheese mixture into the skillet with the meats and vegies. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of mixture into each jalapeno half. Wrap each jalapeno half with a strip of bacon. Smoke in a smoker until the bacon is cooked and the jalapenos are soft. You can also just grill them or even stick them in the oven to cook. I prefer a smoker to add that extra "Hell Yeah" to them.

Any dipping sauce you prefer is an added extra. I prefer a spicy raspberry dipping sauce which can be store bought or you can find the recipe on how to make the sauce on line.

What I love about ABT's is that in the cheese mixture you can use any meat you prefer from shrimp, ham, sausage or even no meat at at all in the cheese mixture and replace with say mango's, peaches, ect. What ever you think will go well with Peppers, Bacon, and cream cheese. I have just found that the Creole or Cajun style is my favorite to date.
238. Author: WhistlebritchesDate: Sun, 10/22/2017, 6:12PM EST
plinytheelder wrote:
Lately, my wife has been making Biscuits and Gravy using mexican chorizo instead of sausage.

Well look who popped in.........Good to see ya Brother
239. Author: fishinguitarmanDate: Mon, 12/18/2017, 2:27AM EST
Pecans butter and brown sugar...Cook until caramelized in a skillet

Low temp and stir often!
240. Author: jjaneckaDate: Mon, 12/18/2017, 4:06PM EST
1 Whole white sausage, weißwurst, or westphalian sausage
1 1/2 lb mushrooms
1 large onion (at least softball size)
3 potatoes
3 cloves garlic
Salt
Pepper
White Vinegar

Boil your sausage with your potatoes and garlic. Dice and sautee your veggies. Once the sausage is ready pull out the potatoes and sausage and dice. Throw everything back in the sausage water and let stew. Add salt pepper and vinegar to taste. You can replace vinegar with a white wine if you shït gold.

Damn good eating for any good Kraut or Bo-Honk.
241. Author: jjaneckaDate: Mon, 12/18/2017, 4:08PM EST
By whole sausage I mean at least a pound of meat. Not that fat finger crap they serve on hotdog buns. It's gotta be big enough to make the top 10 in vic's dong pic collection.
242. Author: fishinguitarmanDate: Tue, 12/19/2017, 1:48AM EST
plinytheelder wrote:

I'm with Ron! Where ya been???
243. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sun, 3/4/2018, 8:59PM EST
I'm not from LA, and Anthony would probably tell me I'm doing it wrong but I made this today and it's great. I'm calling it jambalaya

1 16oz can crushed tomatoes
1 large yellow onion chopped
4 large cloves minced garlic
1 stick unsalted butter
2 cups uncooked (not instant) rice
1 pound medium shrimps
4 links chicken sausage (I used a tomato and basil sausage) sliced
1 large bell pepper chopped
3 stalks celery chopped
2 cup chopped smoked chicken (I smoke a whole chicken every week, so always have this on hand)
1 box (4 cups) of chicken broth
Lil bit of thyme, black pepper, crushed red pepper, cajun seasoning, and worchestershire sauce

Butter in a dutch oven and toss the onions on top. Cook em till they get limp.
Throw in the bell pepper and celery once the onions start to soften
Add the cooked sausage (if raw, cook this first, remove and cook the veggies and butter in the grease)

Once everything's simmering, stir in the minced garlic, smoked chicken, seasonings, and mashed tomatoes.

Let it all simmer till the peppers and celery start to soften, but maintain some crunch.

Pour in the chicken broth once the peppers and celery are starting to soften. Wait for the mix to start bubbling again.

Now you'll stir in 2 ish cups of uncooked rice. Stir every few minutes, should take about 15m to cook the rice.

Once the rice is cooked, take it off the heat and stir in your shrimps. Make sure the rice is covering all the shrimps, they'll cook with the residual heat.
244. Author: frankj1Date: Sun, 3/4/2018, 9:07PM EST
danmdevries wrote:
I'm not from LA, and Anthony would probably tell me I'm doing it wrong but I made this today and it's great. I'm calling it jambalaya

1 16oz can crushed tomatoes
1 large yellow onion chopped
4 large cloves minced garlic
1 stick unsalted butter
2 cups uncooked (not instant) rice
1 pound medium shrimps
4 links chicken sausage (I used a tomato and basil sausage) sliced
1 large bell pepper chopped
3 stalks celery chopped
2 cup chopped smoked chicken (I smoke a whole chicken every week, so always have this on hand)
1 box (4 cups) of chicken broth
Lil bit of thyme, black pepper, crushed red pepper, cajun seasoning, and worchestershire sauce

Butter in a dutch oven and toss the onions on top. Cook em till they get limp.
Throw in the bell pepper and celery once the onions start to soften
Add the cooked sausage (if raw, cook this first, remove and cook the veggies and butter in the grease)

Once everything's simmering, stir in the minced garlic, smoked chicken, seasonings, and mashed tomatoes.

Let it all simmer till the peppers and celery start to soften, but maintain some crunch.

Pour in the chicken broth once the peppers and celery are starting to soften. Wait for the mix to start bubbling again.

Now you'll stir in 2 ish cups of uncooked rice. Stir every few minutes, should take about 15m to cook the rice.

Once the rice is cooked, take it off the heat and stir in your shrimps. Make sure the rice is covering all the shrimps, they'll cook with the residual heat.

I will eat what your wife refuses!
245. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Sun, 3/4/2018, 9:39PM EST
Sounds fantastic dan!

frank, don't eat peoples refuse...
246. Author: Ewok126Date: Sun, 3/4/2018, 11:15PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
I will eat what your wife refuses!

Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink

Well uhhhh... what if his wife refuses to eat ummm, well, uhhh

I just can't bring myself to say it but you know where I am going... right?
247. Author: Ewok126Date: Sun, 3/4/2018, 11:19PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
I will eat what your wife refuses of your recipe that you are calling jambalaya that you posted about!

FIFY? Herfing

Or did you mean... Umm,,,, well,,,,, uhh, yeah you know where I am going right?
248. Author: frankj1Date: Sun, 3/4/2018, 11:35PM EST
Ewok126 wrote:
FIFY? Herfing

Or did you mean... Umm,,,, well,,,,, uhh, yeah you know where I am going right?

the fix is good!
mistakenly figgered no proof reading required since it's not the Politics forum...HA!

j/k...
249. Author: Ewok126Date: Mon, 3/5/2018, 12:17AM EST
Ha! I dont proof read chit! If google didn't catch it then it's good as gone.
250. Author: Cathcam13Date: Mon, 3/5/2018, 5:48AM EST
Ok, this is just good ol’ home cooked brisket.
1. One 6-12 pound brisket,
2. McCormick applewood rub
3. Smokehouse Maple rub- McCormick as well
4. Garlic powder
5. Videlia onion-1-2
6. RC cola 1 can
7. Barbecue sauce of your own choosing

Ok, first, Take your Brisket and use the McCormick rubs to cover it, then sparingly sprinkle the Garlic powder over it. Now take the onions and cut them in half. Put the onions and Brisket on your Smoker for 5 hours, let it get a good bark on it. Now, swap from indirect smoke to direct smoke. Take your onions and chop them up and sprinkle on top of Brisket. Wrap brisket in foil and add half of a can RC Cola to Brisket. Finish wrapping brisket with foil and put over direct heat. Try to keep temp as close to 300 as possible. Continue cooking for an additional 4-5 hours over given heat, or until the Brisket appears done. Now take Brisket inside and serve with your favorite sauces.
FirstPrev34567NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic