Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
Hosting the Super Hunt again
1. Author: Mattie BDate: Tue, 10/17/2017, 10:22AM EST
Many of you know that we hosted the Super Hunt last year. This is a special weekend, limited to disabled youth, to experience a great weekend deer hunting. Most of these children don't have the opportunity to hunt, and this is their only experience. It makes me realize how truly blessed I have been.

We will be hosting 4 families again.

Last year several of you generously donated to help us cover cost for food and drink. I want to thank you again. We had a tremendous weekend

This year all I ask for is your prayers and well wishes.

Our food plots look great and shooting houses are ready to go. Arrangements for food have been taken care of.

Please pray for a safe weekend. Pray that all our guests leave with a positive memory to last a lifetime. And finally, pray that the Lord allows the deer to walk past our stands for these kids.

Thank you in advance!
2. Author: DrafterXDate: Tue, 10/17/2017, 10:26AM EST
ThumpUp
3. Author: RMAN4443Date: Tue, 10/17/2017, 12:07PM EST
Good Luck,and Good Job!
4. Author: chazboDate: Tue, 10/17/2017, 3:20PM EST
Prayers go out to a safe and memorable weekend for the kids.
Good job MattieApplause
5. Author: Mattie BDate: Tue, 10/17/2017, 3:56PM EST
Thanks guys.

Let it be known, I'm just part of the effort. I have a great team supporting this event with me. Without the help of many, this wouldn't happen.

So I can't take all the credit.
6. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Tue, 10/17/2017, 3:57PM EST
Enjoy and have fun
7. Author: frankj1Date: Tue, 10/17/2017, 5:14PM EST
Mattie B wrote:
Thanks guys.

Let it be known, I'm just part of the effort. I have a great team supporting this event with me. Without the help of many, this wouldn't happen.

So I can't take all the credit.

Mattie!

well, at least take SOME credit, will ya?
You're gonna get credit for a mitzvah.
8. Author: JadeRoseDate: Tue, 10/17/2017, 5:50PM EST
Maybe you can shoot a bigfoots
9. Author: DrafterXDate: Tue, 10/17/2017, 6:02PM EST
BigFoots are too smart for that... Shame on you
10. Author: RMAN4443Date: Tue, 10/17/2017, 6:38PM EST
DrafterX wrote:
BigFoots are too smart for that... Shame on you

I heard that they're having a big party by the lake. ....maybe they'll let their guard downAnxious
11. Author: Mattie BDate: Tue, 10/17/2017, 8:00PM EST
Frank!!
Thanks buddy. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I had to find a definition of Mitzvah. You will always be my favorite Jew.

Man, please let me see Bigfoot while I'm deer hunting. How awesome would it be to tout as the first man that killed Sasquatch!!!' The rest of the country would be shaking their heads saying, " look how happy that stupid redneck is." And I'm sure I would require subtitles
I still laugh at the visual of 8track and his wife trying to understand the voicemail I left him.

12. Author: madspacklerDate: Wed, 10/18/2017, 8:42AM EST
Good luck and good hunting MattieB. Hope the deer are plentiful and the kids take home great memories with their venison
13. Author: Hank_The_TankDate: Wed, 10/18/2017, 3:02PM EST
That is an awesome thing you do. Don't think I would ever think of doing this. Will say a prayer for sure. Good luck!
14. Author: Ewok126Date: Wed, 10/18/2017, 3:18PM EST
Pray for huge racks, sharp aim, safety above all
15. Author: JadeRoseDate: Thu, 10/19/2017, 9:41AM EST
BTW, Mattie......Good on you for doing this.
16. Author: JadeRoseDate: Thu, 10/19/2017, 9:43AM EST
If the kids do get's lot's of venison, maybe you can unload some that crap wine you won't sell to make marinade out of!
17. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 10/19/2017, 9:48AM EST
Yeah... and would it kill you to share a little backstrap?
18. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 10/19/2017, 10:05AM EST
that's what she said... Mellow
19. Author: Mattie BDate: Thu, 10/19/2017, 10:37AM EST
Thanks Jade!
And The Sip is a "control state" So all wine goes through the ABC. So without a long definition of processes....I don't have any of that crap wine.

Macs.
I might would consider some horse trading. Backstap for fresh Tuna.

The kids for the Super Hunt will take all their venison with them.
Typically Ocho takes all the deer for our house. And I limit him to 3 deer per season. That's all we need, plus some sausage to share with family and friends.

Backstaps are made into steaks. So...6 backstraps= not a ton of venison steak dinners.
20. Author: Thunder.GerbilDate: Thu, 10/19/2017, 2:38PM EST
Can we send you a case of Union Wine co product as a donation?
21. Author: Mattie BDate: Thu, 10/19/2017, 3:02PM EST
It's nice when I get confirmation that my posts are read.

The Super Hunt is a non alcohol event.

I suggest sending any Union Wine to Spey. He's a fan!
22. Author: WhistlebritchesDate: Thu, 10/19/2017, 7:22PM EST
Praying for a successful and bountiful weekend.
23. Author: Mattie BDate: Sun, 10/29/2017, 7:46PM EST
Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts guys.

We had an absolute blast this weekend! 2 kids we able to harvest deer. Two guys, unfortunately, missed on their shots. I think we counted close to 30 deer seen all weekend. We also saw rabbits, coons and lots of turkey. They boys also did a bit of fishing.

Today we had our worship service and share time. My kid asked that I join him on stage. He went on and on about how much fun he had. We both had tears in our eyes before it was over.

I can't wait to do this again next year!

Thank you all again
24. Author: DrafterXDate: Sun, 10/29/2017, 7:50PM EST
Your a good dude MattieB... I don't care what that FGM dude says.. Mellow
25. Author: Mattie BDate: Sun, 10/29/2017, 8:01PM EST
Thanks Drafter. I had a lot of help. I'm just the voice heard here. Many good guys deserve more credit than me.

And nobody cares what FGM has to say.
26. Author: bluwater1959Date: Mon, 10/30/2017, 5:59PM EST
Mattie B wrote:
Thanks Drafter. I had a lot of help. I'm just the voice heard here. Many good guys deserve more credit than me.

And nobody cares what FGM has to say.

You're going to have to let me come cook for you guys one year....
27. Author: Mattie BDate: Tue, 10/31/2017, 8:05AM EST
You are welcome to join. But I'd never ask you to do all of that. We have 3 guys that do nothing but cook all weekend. The rest of the guys guide hunts, or whatever is needed.

Plan to join us next year....with the intentions of relaxing.

It's about an hour NE of Jackson. And we have room for your beast on wheels.
28. Author: SpeysideDate: Tue, 10/31/2017, 8:43AM EST
Mattie, this seems to be an absolute winner of an event. Good on you!
29. Author: bluwater1959Date: Tue, 10/31/2017, 9:33AM EST
Mattie B wrote:
You are welcome to join. But I'd never ask you to do all of that. We have 3 guys that do nothing but cook all weekend. The rest of the guys guide hunts, or whatever is needed.

Plan to join us next year....with the intentions of relaxing.

It's about an hour NE of Jackson. And we have room for your beast on wheels.

I might just do that depending on timing.... It's early enough to put on the calendar. What weekend is it?
30. Author: Mattie BDate: Tue, 10/31/2017, 4:42PM EST
Spey
It's an absolute winner of an event. 68 disabled kids participated and almost 130 deer were harvested. What an awesome weekend. The Lord blessed us for sure!

Blu
Typically it's the weekend prior to normal youth gun weekend. Depending on how the calendar falls, it's the last weekend in October.
31. Author: delta1Date: Tue, 10/31/2017, 5:41PM EST
Sorry, was out of town for couple of weeks, but it looks like you didn't need me. Glad it was another successful event. You're special too, Mattie!!!
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic