Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev12NextLast
George Floyds funeral/memorial bothers me.
1. Author: SpeysideDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 2:17PM EST
In Minnesota churches can operate at 25% capacity. Other COVID 19 rules also. Yet his funeral has people packed together side by side, and many not wearing masks. And this is nationally televised. Turned it off. Did not hear any COVID 19 outrage from the talking heads. I am outraged for 2 reasons. Other churches can't do that. Crickets from the talking heads about COVID 19 spread, yet they call out others daily.
2. Author: Gene363Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 2:30PM EST
Scared of a reaction

Black privilege

COVID-19 is not as bad as we've been told

"They" want people at the funeral to be infected

Take your pick, conspiracy theorists and righty/lefty people will be along shortly to expand the list.
3. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 2:42PM EST
prolly respectful of the occasion along with fear of a reaction...somewhere in there...

another criticism is that blacks are more susceptible to the virus...higher mortality rate, yet they don't protect themselves...

when the protests first started, lack of social distancing was a "thing" in criticism of the demonstrators, even though the majority wore masks ...after a couple weeks...meh
4. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 2:50PM EST
And some of the talk at the service is about covid. Weird.
5. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 2:52PM EST
Neither side of most issues have cornered the market on hypocrisy.

My uncle died. We couldn’t have a service.
6. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 2:53PM EST
teedubbya wrote:
And some of the talk at the service is about covid. Weird.

Floyd had covid...
7. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 2:54PM EST
I hope pink is ok.
8. Author: victor809Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 2:59PM EST
opelmanta1900 wrote:
Floyd had covid...

Impossible. According to HD anyone with covid who dies will get listed as a Covid death.

Are you telling me the police are exonerated because he died of the 'rona?
9. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 3:06PM EST
that explains the cop's choice of restraint...he had to maintain safe social distance to avoid getting infected
10. Author: rfenstDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 3:20PM EST
Speyside wrote:
In Minnesota churches can operate at 25% capacity. Other COVID 19 rules also. Yet his funeral has people packed together side by side, and many not wearing masks. And this is nationally televised. Turned it off. Did not hear any COVID 19 outrage from the talking heads. I am outraged for 2 reasons. Other churches can't do that. Crickets from the talking heads about COVID 19 spread, yet they call out others daily.

I reaalized too many people and many of them without masks. It should have been held in a basketball arena just like koby's was.
11. Author: BuckyB93Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 3:20PM EST
teedubbya wrote:
I hope pink is ok.

By the way, which one is he? Might have to Have a Cigar.
12. Author: ZRX1200Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 3:34PM EST
If you criticize the people mourning than you’re racist Mellow

LA mayor marched with protesters not social distancing, NC governor marched with protesters and made a speech not wearing a mask....

Politics it the Everest of hypocrisy.
13. Author: RobertHivelyDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 3:37PM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
By the way, which one is he? Might have to Have a Cigar.

And did we tell you the name of the game, boy?

We call it Riding the COVID Train
14. Author: BuckyB93Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 3:38PM EST
Applause
15. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 4:52PM EST
should we assume the funeral was packed with science denying conservatives?
16. Author: rfenstDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 4:54PM EST
frankj1 wrote:

Of course not. Just a bunch of stupid people imo. ymmv.
17. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 5:11PM EST
so we agree?
18. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 5:11PM EST
I keed, I keed.
19. Author: SpeysideDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 5:22PM EST
Delta, if I am honest about my POV, then I must be consistent with my POV. Minnesota just set a precedent today and all Minnesota churches must be allowed to fully open even though I don't like it. That won't happen and is hypocritical.

Minnesota also set a standard on masks and social distancing. Minnesota needs to allow that for all even though I don't like it. That won't happen and is hypocritical.

Finally, the media has been supercritical of others wanting and doing the same. Be consistent or be gone.
20. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 5:22PM EST
in times like these...unprecedented collision of foundation shaking events...it's hard to keep straight what we're sposed to be outraged about...

maybe why Trump seems so out of touch...he's never been a deep thinker...more a reactionary...too much stimulus

a pretend reality TV show POTUS can work during normal times...but not when the s**t hits the fan
21. Author: SpeysideDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 5:46PM EST
Delta, I get all of that, but if my beliefs vary based on who I am talking about then I am just an ignorant POS.
22. Author: SpeysideDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 7:47PM EST
23. Author: rfenstDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 6:27AM EST
frankj1 wrote:

rfenst wrote:
Of course not. Just a bunch of stupid people imo. ymmv.

For some reason, I have been thinking about this more. Everyone there believed this funeral was way bigger than covid. It is another civil rights movement in their eyes. I can see why some people would break the law and expose themselves and others to the virus in the name of what they beleve will be a historic moment. I say this despite the obvious inconsistency, hypocracy and irony. I still would not yet attend any full event because I am biased in favor of mask distancing and crowd size.
24. Author: izonfireDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 7:41AM EST
rfenst wrote:
.... I say this despite the obvious inconsistency, hypocracy and irony.

That’s OK rfenst.
We’ve come to expect that from you...
25. Author: rfenstDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 8:12AM EST
aw shucks.
26. Author: SpeysideDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 8:49AM EST
Robert, a logical line of thought. But I still think they are wrong and will say so. They have no right to break the law. And they are ignorant POS. ****, yup auto censor works today. ****** Van ****.
27. Author: SpeysideDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 8:51AM EST
Enjoy a **** today.
Red count hair.
Big long ****.
28. Author: SpeysideDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 8:51AM EST
Red **** hair.
29. Author: SpeysideDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 8:52AM EST
Just checking what won't be auto censored. I'll try a few more tomorrow.
30. Author: teedubbyaDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 9:41AM EST
The pen is mightier than the sword
31. Author: teedubbyaDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 9:41AM EST
Huh. They fixed that one.
32. Author: tailgaterDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 9:59AM EST
frankj1 wrote:
so we agree?

Did you guys set that one up?
Bravo!
33. Author: tailgaterDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 10:17AM EST
Speyside wrote:

Face it. It's like there is an edict from politicians and media members to Stop Making Sense.
The so-called protesters are Burning Down The House because a cop was a Psycho Killer.
The whole place is a Swamp.
But I guess this is like Life During Wartime, although it feels like we're on a Road To Nowhere...

34. Author: tailgaterDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 10:29AM EST
delta1 wrote:
prolly respectful of the occasion along with fear of a reaction...somewhere in there...

another criticism is that blacks are more susceptible to the virus...higher mortality rate, yet they don't protect themselves...

when the protests first started, lack of social distancing was a "thing" in criticism of the demonstrators, even though the majority wore masks ...after a couple weeks...meh

Respectful of the occasion?
But nobody else is able to have a respectful funeral.

We can dismiss the hypocrisy by saying "but both sides".
because that's the intelligent thing to do.

Meanwhile, we willingly accept continued shut down orders and forced social distancing.
We destroy companies and restaurants.
we ruin funerals and weddings and social events.

But we have to accept the hypocrisy of these protests . Out of respect.
Because the same people who KNOW we'll die if we don't social distance will what? Be OK when grandma keels over because... #BLM?

LOL!
The subservience of so many Americans has eclipse lunacy and is now just pathetic.
35. Author: frankj1Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 10:31AM EST
tailgater wrote:
Face it. It's like there is an edict from politicians and media members to Stop Making Sense.
The so-called protesters are Burning Down The House because a cop was a Psycho Killer.
But I guess this is like Life During Wartime, although it feels like we're on a Road To Nowhere...

Bravo back at ya.
36. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 1:33PM EST
I'm guessing tail doesn't believe police brutality threatens our democracy any more than the virus...

He has consistently downplayed the threat the virus poses to the health of the nation and its healthcare system because it hasn't affected him, like it has impacted the poorest and most vulnerable among us ...he whines because he has been inconvenienced by the measures that were imposed and were intended to save everyone's life, including his, and to protect our healthcare system, which serves him...and to his chagrin, has reduced his options to purchase food and entertainment...

then along comes the most blatant act of racist police brutality that we have witnessed, broadcast in nearly real time... so egregious that it was the coup de grace that caused the years/decades/centuries of contained anger, frustration and fear over inequities and abuses that exists in our society to spill out, culminating in people from all walks of life and all over the country, and now the world, to take to the streets to say enough...

he focuses only on the few knuckleheads, the criminals who cowardly take advantage of a distracted law enforcement system, to destroy property and steal from innocent people, many of whom were out protesting or were hurt by the virus lockdowns...

He scoffs at this uprising because his station in life protects him from those inequities and abuses, and like many of those critical of the response to the virus and to the public outrage being expressed over the latest wrongful killing of a man by police...feels more compassion for those not suffering the most, but for the fewer people like him who don't feel the threat or pain from these two catastrophes because of the privileged positions they've enjoyed from birth

from the comforts of his environs, he expresses contempt for a significant number of people who aspire to that comfort level but have barriers that prevent their mobility...barriers that don't exist for him...

you go tail, and continue to support the status quo that seems stuck at the passage of the Civil Rights Act, but which seems to be sliding backwards, with the non-renewal of the Voting Rights Act...the message is that you and your fellow cons don't want some American people to vote or to exercise their Constitutional rights in the same way you enjoy them
37. Author: rfenstDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 1:35PM EST
tailgater wrote:

Very nice!
38. Author: tailgaterDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 2:42PM EST
delta1 wrote:
I'm guessing tail doesn't believe police brutality threatens our democracy any more than the virus...

He has consistently downplayed the threat the virus poses to the health of the nation and its healthcare system because it hasn't affected him, like it has impacted the poorest and most vulnerable among us ...he whines because he has been inconvenienced by the measures that were imposed and were intended to save everyone's life, including his, and to protect our healthcare system, which serves him...and to his chagrin, has reduced his options to purchase food and entertainment...

then along comes the most blatant act of racist police brutality that we have witnessed, broadcast in nearly real time... so egregious that it was the coup de grace that caused the years/decades/centuries of contained anger, frustration and fear over inequities and abuses that exists in our society to spill out, culminating in people from all walks of life and all over the country, and now the world, to take to the streets to say enough...

he focuses only on the few knuckleheads, the criminals who cowardly take advantage of a distracted law enforcement system, to destroy property and steal from innocent people, many of whom were out protesting or were hurt by the virus lockdowns...

He scoffs at this uprising because his station in life protects him from those inequities and abuses, and like many of those critical of the response to the virus and to the public outrage being expressed over the latest wrongful killing of a man by police...feels more compassion for those not suffering the most, but for the fewer people like him who don't feel the threat or pain from these two catastrophes because of the privileged positions they've enjoyed from birth

from the comforts of his environs, he expresses contempt for a significant number of people who aspire to that comfort level but have barriers that prevent their mobility...barriers that don't exist for him...

you go tail, and continue to support the status quo that seems stuck at the passage of the Civil Rights Act, but which seems to be sliding backwards, with the non-renewal of the Voting Rights Act...the message is that you and your fellow cons don't want some American people to vote or to exercise their Constitutional rights in the same way you enjoy them

The main stream media and lefties everywhere thank you for your continuous support.
39. Author: tailgaterDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 2:55PM EST
"He has consistently downplayed the threat the virus poses to the health of the nation and its healthcare system because it hasn't affected him, like it has impacted the poorest and most vulnerable among us ...he whines because he has been inconvenienced by the measures that were imposed and were intended to save everyone's life, including his, and to protect our healthcare system, which serves him...and to his chagrin, has reduced his options to purchase food and entertainment..."

Dude. If you're afraid of the virus then have at it. Stay home. But don't demand I ruin my business to make you feel comfortable.

With that said, if you think I don't respect the virus, then you're sadly mistaken. But we're used to that, so don't worry.

I have a daughter who is a nurse in an ER. She is in an age group that is bullet proof to the virus but she has asthma. It's a concern every fuqing day.

My parents are 79 and 85 years old. That's the bullseye for the virus.
I see them less often then I'd like and we keep our distance and used reasonable precaution.
I worry every day for them as well.
And with dad's Alzheimer's getting more pronounced every day it's frustrating to not see him more often. Now.

But that's the Covid. A real and dangerous virus that demand respect and precaution.

Doesn't mean we should shut it all down. It means we should double up and protect those at high risk.
Kids should be able to go to school. I've read countless studies that prove this. Everyone who says otherwise is using fear and speculation.
Same for those in their 20's and 30's. Go out. Keep working. Going to school. To the bars. The malls.
Keep our economy running for old bastids like me who need a certain level of precaution, and for the elderly or compromised among us who need a high level of caution.

I don't want, nor do I need my government to give me permission to go outside.
you do. Which is fine. If you don't step on me while doing it.

So stop your preaching. You make yourself look like the fool you are.
40. Author: tailgaterDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 3:04PM EST
And as for the protests?

I wake up every day thanking God that I'm not you.
How sad and pathetic does a person have to be to come to the conclusions that you attribute to me here?
LOL!
You wake up every day and ask how you can be today's victim. And now you found it.

Tell me Delta: If you feel so strongly about the plight of minorities then why did you wait for George Floyd to happen before you shouted out about it?
Why didn't you write your congressman? Every. Single. Day. ??
Why haven't you started a gofund me. Or try to get your local po-po to have a community outreach.
Why no protests from you specifically until Floyd was murdered?

Know why?
Because the media didn't remind you.
You weren't given the go ahead. The permission. The social support network to do something.

This isn't the coup de grace, it's simply today's news cycle.
Or as you would say, your biological clock.

41. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 3:31PM EST
I'm more like you than you think
42. Author: tailgaterDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 3:34PM EST
delta1 wrote:
I'm more like you than you think

Don't I know it.
Herfing
43. Author: madbrickyDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 3:59PM EST
delta1 wrote:

Now that's a Pulitzer winning peice of progressive contradictions and SJW straw man erection. Emphasis on the erection part because only a ****** would take that much space in a cigar forum to lambaste a botl on subjective politics and erroneous "facts"
so says the poor disabled bricklayer who doesnt have an ounce of privilege or even fancy cigars.
44. Author: RobertHivelyDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 4:12PM EST

On behalf of Delta, I apologize. The old folks around here are having a tough go of it lately.

Some of them even talk to themselves late at nite.

If you ask me it's bc the masks are cutting oxygen off to their brains.

Again, sorry.
45. Author: SpeysideDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 4:15PM EST
So Tail lets be clear.

In the overall analysis Trump does not control the country. His idea of an American deep state is inaccurate. There is a world wide cabal. America has been to powerful for to long. By seriously damaging our economy, and keeping murdering police in the news they are destabilizing us. Why do you think the Clintons have been allowed to continue their deviant ways? Perhaps Roberts has been gotten to. Isn't it a little to convenient that he is suddenly the moderate on SCOTUS? COVID 19 is very real, but do we actually know where it came from? Perhaps this cabal wishes to destabilize the entire world. Why? I know not. What will rise out of the ashes world wide? Something as yet unknown. Think man, is it really America that is destroying your way of life? Or is it something far more nefarious? Perhaps I am correct. Or I am a bitter old man out of touch with reality who only cares about himself and is unable to admit what is best for America. Even more interesting, perhaps I know I am correct. Which begs the question how? Have you read about the Italian autopsies that have looked at brains that all seem to have been infected by COVID 19? There are many interesting psychological issues being caused by COVID 19 If you open your eyes and look for them. It would be one heck of a world wide phsy ops operation, wouldn't it? I could go on but I have said much.
46. Author: victor809Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 4:59PM EST
madbricky wrote:
Now that's a Pulitzer winning peice of progressive contradictions and SJW straw man erection. Emphasis on the erection part because only a ****** would take that much space in a cigar forum to lambaste a botl on subjective politics and erroneous "facts"
so says the poor disabled bricklayer who doesnt have an ounce of privilege or even fancy cigars.

?Who wants to take bets on what the "****" was?
47. Author: teedubbyaDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 5:13PM EST
I dunno but he sure was angry
48. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 5:47PM EST
madbricky wrote:

thank you for taking the time to read that...

I was directing that at tail, a BOTL who is quite adept at constructing mocking, derisive, condescending and abusive name calling posts in response to BOTL who express opinions with which he disagrees....

tail has gone into redundant detail over numerous threads questioning the rationality of libs who support the nation's and the world's response to the corona virus pandemic, and to push his perspective on the irrationality of protesters of the killing of George Floyd and police brutality...

there's a theme here...people who disagree with his world view are irrational

take the time to read a number of threads to get a flavor of his style....or just do a member search and read his posts...I think you'll become a big fan of his...although I try to avoid bitter invective when expressing my opinions, it seems you have an eye and a taste for bile...he officially goes by "tailgater" ... ...(moniker fits)

send me a PM, with your address and I will send you some cigars...I have a few fancy ones and like to share, especially with someone like me: a disabled person without privilege...honest...
49. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 5:58PM EST
RobertHively wrote:
On behalf of Delta, I apologize. The old folks around here are having a tough go of it lately.

Some of them even talk to themselves late at nite.

If you ask me it's bc the masks are cutting oxygen off to their brains.

Again, sorry.

ummm....no, Robert....I apologize for myself, if I offended any of the old folks who talk to themselves late at nite...

I should've been more understanding that they are feeling insecure nowadays, with all the old people croaking from the virus and the hodgepodge pitchfork and torch carriers storming every gate in the country...

I'm sorry to have caused any trouble...I will gladly return to my corner...just point the way

I'm sorry...really sorry.....deeply sorry
50. Author: teedubbyaDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 6:05PM EST
I heard it was a great day for George Floyd
FirstPrev12NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic