Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
Trump Shares Letter on Twitter Referring to Protesters as “Terrorists”
1. Author: rfenstDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 10:24AM EST
(CNN) — President Donald Trump on Thursday shared a letter on Twitter that referred to the peaceful protesters who were forcibly dispersed from a park near the White House on Monday evening as "terrorists."

The letter from veteran attorney and former Trump lawyer John Dowd appears to be addressed to former Secretary of Defense James Mattis and rebuts Mattis' Wednesday statement castigating Trump's response to the nationwide protests after the death of George Floyd at the hands of a Minneapolis police officer.

"The phony protesters near Lafayette were not peaceful and are not real," Dowd's letter claimed, without citing any evidence. "They are terrorists using idle hate filled students to burn and destroy. They were abusing and disrespecting the police when the police were preparing the area for the 1900 curfew."

CNN has reached out to the White House for comment on the description of the protesters as "terrorists."

2. Author: victor809Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 10:35AM EST
Wow....

So the president of the united states believes peaceful protesters of police abuse are terrorists. No wonder he's so scared of them he had to run to his bunker.

That's an interesting situation we've gotten ourselves into.
3. Author: teedubbyaDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 10:40AM EST
To be fair he just didn’t put the energy in to understanding what he passed along.
4. Author: victor809Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 10:44AM EST
teedubbya wrote:
To be fair he just didn’t put the energy in to understanding what he passed along.

Yeah I get it. Too much energy and makes you not fun.
5. Author: JadeRoseDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 11:07AM EST
Serious rhetorical question here.....What the F*ck is he actually trying to do here with all of this? Does he even have a platform on which he is running anymore or is it just that he's Trump? I cannot for the life of me figure out why real GOP politicians are still backing this guy either? He isn't a Republican. He's a f*cking psychopath that CLEARLY has no focus, no direction, and no long term goal other than the glorification of himself. We're what......5 months from the election? Does anyone else foresee a Ross Perot type candidate stepping in and really fuqing things up? The fruit is pretty low for the picking
6. Author: tailgaterDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 3:25PM EST
Platform?
He'll be running against Biden.

I never give the democrats enough credit. Just 4 years ago I told people that they'd never find a worse candidate than Hillary. I want people to know that I didn't mean it as a challenge.

7. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 3:44PM EST
Your saying Biden is worse than Hillary can actually be taken as an endorsement...

going out on a sturdy limb here...Trump will suffer one of the biggest defeats ever by an incumbent POTUS running for a second term...
8. Author: HockeyDadDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 3:47PM EST
Or maybe Trump wins. Imagine that!
9. Author: teedubbyaDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 4:24PM EST
Too bad that’s the only two options
10. Author: SpeysideDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 4:24PM EST
Trump has already lost, only a few see that. When he tear gassed non violent protesters and involved federal troops he lost. He energized Biden's 25 to 35 year old portion of his base to vote. He also lost anyone from his base who is truely a Libertarian. The use of the federal military on American soil to suppress Americans is anathema to them. This of course does not include the white supremicits, racist, bigots, Nazis and such who hide under the Libertarian ideology, even though they are a cancer to any true Libertarian.
11. Author: victor809Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 4:50PM EST
Speyside wrote:
Trump has already lost, only a few see that. When he tear gassed non violent protesters and involved federal troops he lost. He energized Biden's 25 to 35 year old portion of his base to vote. He also lost anyone from his base who is truely a Libertarian. The use of the federal military on American soil to suppress Americans is anathema to them. This of course does not include the white supremicits, racist, bigots, Nazis and such who hide under the Libertarian ideology, even though they are a cancer to any true Libertarian.

While I'd like to believe you spey.... I don't.

Anyone who was still supporting him up to 2 weeks ago doesn't care about what happened in the past two weeks.
12. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 4:55PM EST
^#10
and he also lost some white evangelicals who held their noses and stuck by him...

his cynical use of a Bible and a church, without involving the leaders of that Church, in a photo-op to announce his intent to use the military to restore order in America offended many evangelicals

HockeyDad wrote:
Or maybe Trump wins. Imagine that!

ummmm...................no
13. Author: SpeysideDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 5:13PM EST
But that would mean they aren't real Libertarians, but rather deranged people or worse that have no moral compass. If someone is truely Libertarian they can no longer support him due to their beliefs in limiting the power of the federal government. If they still do they are simply anarchist right wing scum.
14. Author: victor809Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 5:17PM EST
Speyside wrote:
But that would mean they aren't real Libertarians, but rather deranged people or worse that have no moral compass. If someone is truely Libertarian they can no longer support him due to their beliefs in limiting the power of the federal government. If they still do they are simply anarchist right wing scum.

There was never a logical reason for a libertarian to follow him.
15. Author: teedubbyaDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 5:19PM EST
The other option was Hillary.
16. Author: tailgaterDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 6:57PM EST
It's fun when the liberals explain why Trump is losing votes.

Deja vu anyone?

17. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 7:37PM EST
do you honestly believe he will win a second term?

I'll wager a box of premium cigars that he won't... Montecristo Edmundo, Padron Anniversary, Fuente Don Carlos or equivalent
18. Author: HockeyDadDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 7:43PM EST
Trump never won a first term for presidency. Hillary lost.

I wonder if Biden will lose.
19. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 7:49PM EST
c'mon...

just the cons way of saying "we didn't really want Trump to win...but since Hillary lost..." convenient to allow room to practice social distancing from him when he spews something toxic, all the while supporting him unequivocally

if he didn't win.........WTH is he doing in the WH???
20. Author: HockeyDadDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 7:50PM EST
I heard he didn’t even win the popular vote.
21. Author: teedubbyaDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 7:52PM EST
That Hillary lost stuff actually made sense until the STD took hold of them and they continually defended the indefensible or the polar opposite of what they found wrong less the day before.
22. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 7:54PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
I heard he didn’t even win the popular vote.

yup...we used to mention that, but the cons' answer is that the popular vote doesn't matter...

the electoral votes are the ones that count...and that is right...
23. Author: HockeyDadDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 8:00PM EST
delta1 wrote:
yup...we used to mention that, but the cons' answer is that the popular vote doesn't matter...

the electoral votes are the ones that count...and that is right...

Yeah...it didn’t but you guys looked adorable in those pink hats.
You’re gonna love Trump’s second term!
24. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 8:05PM EST
dammit...I don't want to wear that catty hat anymore....

Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic