Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev123NextLast
Where are all the 2nd Amendment People?
51. Author: RobertHivelyDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 8:22PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
surprisingly (?) I am a believer in the right to bear arms.
I saw an opening and took it. I'm incorrigible that way.

didn't I promise to show you a good time if you hung out here?

That's good, Frank. In these times and stuff.
52. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 9:18PM EST
I actually didn’t think much about this until a moment ago when I read then saw Barr’s press conference. Two take always. His order to clear a block or two coincidentally was timed perfectly with Trumps desire for a photo op but had nothing to do with it. He didn’t even know about it even while he was walking with him and in the pictures. That’s believable and puts that to rest.

Secondly if someone armed wearing all black (or brown I suppose) with no markings, and no ID refuses to identify themselves you need to do what they say rather than protect yourself. Remember that. It’s understandable why they may not want to be identified. Just do what they say. They are right and accountability is over rated. As long as they think they are right your opinion matters not. Don’t pull your own gun out and defend yourself, or even protest their actions.

Think about that. The first lie and the rationalization of the latter.

Would we accept this if we agreed with the cause of the protest or just because we don’t?
53. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 9:42PM EST
this transition of America could have been a lot smoother if we all just accepted Putin's and Fatty Fat Fat's advantages in leading their countries when Trump first told us how well it worked
54. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 9:45PM EST
This group of all people is ok with unmarked non identified armed figures policing us.... or maybe them. I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t be ok with them policing us.
55. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 9:58PM EST
Lol just remembered a story about my mom that makes me smile.

Back when I was bicycling a lot I rode to their house. It was cool out so I was wearing long black cycling pants, black jersey, black gloves, black shoes, and a black cloth neck protector with a black helmet. I got off my bike and didn’t want to walk through the house. So I walked up the deck stairs and opened the sliding glass door by the kitchen. I didn’t even think what I looked like. She glanced, screamed then winged a salad plate at me like a frisbee and ran. It nailed me in the throat and hurt like hell. I didn’t know what was happening. Why did mom do that.

When I figured it out I laughed so hard I cried. She never found it funny. If she had a gun......
56. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 6/4/2020, 10:34PM EST
did she run...or jog?
57. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 10:39PM EST
Ran. No khakis were involved in this incident.
58. Author: HockeyDadDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 11:16PM EST
teedubbya wrote:
This group of all people is ok with unmarked non identified armed figures policing us.... or maybe them. I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t be ok with them policing us.

I’m completely ok with you and Victor being terrified of these armed figures policing you without having enough identification for your liking because it was this morning’s talking point and meme. You should be very terrified of it. You should walk up to them and demand identification.

I suppose if you were actually there you could make a pretty safe assumption of who they were based on the fact that they were standing on the side of the protest boundary where all the police were.
59. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 6/4/2020, 11:19PM EST
Not when in the crowd. Legally if someone attacked one of them could the claim they didn’t know they had any authority?

No identifying marks or identity also means carte blanch to do whatever they want. There is no accountability, even if they are on video doing something wrong if they’re masked with no identity or identifying marks it can’t be traced back to them, their unit, their city etc. It’s a tactic in some countries.

Had the original four officers worn masks with no identification with no car there things would be so much better we just have no idea who did it we could then say it was some terrorist group like antifa not the cops. It’s a bad thing to accept. You can say there was no issue this time......

As for me I’m a soft chicken ****. I’m scared of the covid let alone the brown shirts.
60. Author: victor809Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 10:07AM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
I’m completely ok with you and Victor being terrified of these armed figures policing you without having enough identification for your liking because it was this morning’s talking point and meme. You should be very terrified of it. You should walk up to them and demand identification.

I suppose if you were actually there you could make a pretty safe assumption of who they were based on the fact that they were standing on the side of the protest boundary where all the police were.

Sounds like HD would be completely nonplussed to have armed, unidentified people tell him where to go and what to do.

I'm guessing that's because he's a sheep.
61. Author: tailgaterDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 11:53AM EST
teedubbya wrote:
I actually didn’t think much about this until a moment ago when I read then saw Barr’s press conference. Two take always. His order to clear a block or two coincidentally was timed perfectly with Trumps desire for a photo op but had nothing to do with it. He didn’t even know about it even while he was walking with him and in the pictures. That’s believable and puts that to rest.

Secondly if someone armed wearing all black (or brown I suppose) with no markings, and no ID refuses to identify themselves you need to do what they say rather than protect yourself. Remember that. It’s understandable why they may not want to be identified. Just do what they say. They are right and accountability is over rated. As long as they think they are right your opinion matters not. Don’t pull your own gun out and defend yourself, or even protest their actions.

Think about that. The first lie and the rationalization of the latter.

Would we accept this if we agreed with the cause of the protest or just because we don’t?

this malfeasance happened to dozens, maybe a hundred or so people over the course of 10 minutes.
Outrage.

meanwhile, we've got politicians all over this country forcing their insane lock down criteria on millions.
Crickets (from the same group).

Sure, the forceful removal of protesters out past curfew is not something we want to grow accustomed to. But in the context of what we're willingly accepting from our leaders it's hardly a gnat on the azz of what SHOULD bother people.

62. Author: victor809Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 12:44PM EST
tailgater wrote:
this malfeasance happened to dozens, maybe a hundred or so people over the course of 10 minutes.
Outrage.

meanwhile, we've got politicians all over this country forcing their insane lock down criteria on millions.
Crickets (from the same group).

Sure, the forceful removal of protesters out past curfew is not something we want to grow accustomed to. But in the context of what we're willingly accepting from our leaders it's hardly a gnat on the azz of what SHOULD bother people.

Keep up tail. Unless your tragic lockdown was enforced physically by militarized groups of masked people without any identifying marks or badges, you're really making a dumb association.
63. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 1:49PM EST
we, the people, must be armed, so that we can prevent our tyrannical government and its military from oppressing us

we, the people, must be armed, and demand that our tyrannical government protect us from masses of other people who yell disagreeable stuff and block our streets, creating opportunities for criminals to steal

we, the people, must be armed, so that we can stand by while the leader of the tyrannical government says he will use the military to control those other people on our streets

we, the people, must be armed, so that we can look badazz and have fun spraying lead...we don't really want to shoot our military who protects us...
64. Author: tailgaterDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 2:40PM EST
victor809 wrote:
Keep up tail. Unless your tragic lockdown was enforced physically by militarized groups of masked people without any identifying marks or badges, you're really making a dumb association.

LOL!
The worlds strongest economy gets systematically destroyed by the over reach and fear mongering of our government at every level, and all you're worried about are a few ouchies from the big meanies.

Those "protesters" had a choice to move out of the way.

I don't have the choice to not be shut down.

If you can't see that then you are the pure embodiment of why our society is going to crash and burn.

Plus you're a feeble minded gimp waiting for his next rogering from his local state house. Not entirely related, but accurate and more than a bit humorous if you ask me.

Carry on.

65. Author: victor809Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 3:06PM EST
tailgater wrote:
LOL!
The worlds strongest economy gets systematically destroyed by the over reach and fear mongering of our government at every level, and all you're worried about are a few ouchies from the big meanies.

Those "protesters" had a choice to move out of the way.

I don't have the choice to not be shut down.

If you can't see that then you are the pure embodiment of why our society is going to crash and burn.

Plus you're a feeble minded gimp waiting for his next rogering from his local state house. Not entirely related, but accurate and more than a bit humorous if you ask me.

Carry on.

None of what you said made any sense, and it's clear you cannot keep up.
66. Author: tailgaterDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 3:22PM EST
victor809 wrote:
None of what you said made any sense, and it's clear you cannot keep up.

I am a bit winded.

67. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 3:40PM EST
how many cases of lockdown violations in your area resulted in citations, arrests and criminal charges? none of them were strictly enforced...

you're crying about the same chimera that you're criticizing others for respecting

some stayed home because they respect the rule of law...others stayed home and griped about the rule of law...

68. Author: victor809Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 4:52PM EST
Fuxk... I didn't even stay home. Strangely enough I did not get teargassed or detained by unidentified "officials"
69. Author: victor809Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 4:56PM EST
Not to point out the obvious... but america has ALWAYS been about accountability for authority.
That's a cornerstone of our entire government. Checks and balances, Bill of Rights... etc. It's all about making sure that the people with authority are accountable for their actions.

When you put armed people in a position to exert authority over a protest, but do not provide any identification of what department they're from, what authority they are acting on and no way of identifying them later if they happen to overstep their authority while interacting with a protester, you are moving away from the ideals of our country.

I was describing it to a chinese co-worker of mine and as he put it "It sounds like they learned something from China".
70. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 5:22PM EST
it is part of our social contract...

we agree on a set of laws....we need someone to enforce them and keep the peace

we give up some of our individual power over enforcing the laws and entrust that to you,

and we give you more protection from blame than the average citizen if you do something wrong

as long as you exercise that power fairly, openly and consistently and within the bounds of reasonableness

as for hiding one's identity while "enforcing the law", in 1968 the Chicago PD had several of its officers remove their name tags and badges while they abusively kicked demonstrators' azzes at the DNC...many states now require police to wear distinctive uniforms, identifying insignias, nameplates, and carry identification which they must show when requested while on duty
71. Author: teedubbyaDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 6:36PM EST
The 57 popo that quit the emergency response team in buffalo need to resign or get fired. They are not good police and are part of the problem. If what was on video wasn’t enough to suspend two cops then they want that action to be ok in their culture. They certainly won’t police themselves and they don’t want anyone else to either. Sounds like the time to clean house and rehire.

I know I know don’t do or get accused of doing anything wrong and they won’t need to crack your skull. At least they were identifiable thus with video there were repercussions. Next time there may not be.
72. Author: tailgaterDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 6:49PM EST
delta1 wrote:
how many cases of lockdown violations in your area resulted in citations, arrests and criminal charges? none of them were strictly enforced...

you're crying about the same chimera that you're criticizing others for respecting

some stayed home because they respect the rule of law...others stayed home and griped about the rule of law...

In truth, I don't care about the protesters themselves.
It's the government governing by narrative that irks me.
And your media who embrace it.

73. Author: tailgaterDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 6:54PM EST
teedubbya wrote:
The 57 popo that quit the emergency response team in buffalo need to resign or get fired. They are not good police and are part of the problem. If what was on video wasn’t enough to suspend two cops then they want that action to be ok in their culture. They certainly won’t police themselves and they don’t want anyone else to either. Sounds like the time to clean house and rehire.

I know I know don’t do or get accused of doing anything wrong and they won’t need to crack your skull. At least they were identifiable thus with video there were repercussions. Next time there may not be.

But he was white.
74. Author: teedubbyaDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 7:03PM EST
So

He was still out protesting for “them” If that helps you.

Those cops need to go if that’s ok and what they want to be acceptable. It’s what others say doesn’t exist. It’s a culture.
75. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 7:31PM EST
tailgater wrote:
In truth, I don't care about the protesters themselves.
It's the government governing by narrative that irks me.
And your media who embrace it.

I was posting about the corona virus stay at home orders... not the police brutality demonstrations...

my sense is that your outrage at the imposition of regulations limiting individual liberty as an over-reach by government control freaks is an exaggeration...did the local police cite anyone or arrest anyone in your neighborhood?

nowhere did I see police citing or arresting anyone out in public...heck, I ventured out daily for 80-90 minute walks, taking main streets for several miles, passing black and white patrol cars and waving at the cops...not a one asked me what my purpose for being away from home...

many Americans prolly tried to comply but went out anyways...saw a lot of that, and no one got arrested...got shamed by others, but not arrested...

did you even go out?

or are you just pushing back at restraints that were self imposed?
76. Author: HockeyDadDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 8:09PM EST
Taking walks was allowed and encouraged. Did you open a non-essential business? They all got cited.

We laid off 43 million people. We didn’t tell them they could not go for a walk.

My neighbor’s biker buddy got cited for being out for a ride in the mountains a bit too far from home. He was in the neighboring county.
77. Author: teedubbyaDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 8:11PM EST
And trump was against it the whole time.
78. Author: SpeysideDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 8:50PM EST
Well if you would quit whining and work on using opportunity you could get a few of them back to work. You really are selfish.
79. Author: HockeyDadDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 9:02PM EST
I’m trying to get them back to work. It’s you old farts that destroyed them.

For your own safety you darn well better be wearing a mask when you typed that. You just got some 5G and now ....well... three weeks. Clock is started.
80. Author: SpeysideDate: Fri, 6/5/2020, 9:15PM EST
Yup, I figure I'm done for in about 5 days. It was nice to know you. But maybe, just maybe I only had the Wuhan flu. In any event you are not forgotten in my will. I bequeathed you my antique pitchfork collection.
81. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 9:18PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
Taking walks was allowed and encouraged. Did you open a non-essential business? They all got cited.

We laid off 43 million people. We didn’t tell them they could not go for a walk.

My neighbor’s biker buddy got cited for being out for a ride in the mountains a bit too far from home. He was in the neighboring county.

I stand corrected...I'm a myopic old retired guy...I did see that some places that continued dine-in service got cited...but they had the option to do take out...most bars didn't have that option, but I don't frequent bars so...

those places, those non-essential businesses like bars and restaurants that were considered possible super spreaders were closed...I guess tail could be arguing on their behalf...apologies to him for assuming he was just being selfish...cons rarely think about anyone else...

OK...so he was deprived of his right to a tall dark stout, a cheeseburger and a side of coronavirus...

EXXXXCUUUUSE ME!!!
82. Author: frankj1Date: Fri, 6/5/2020, 10:23PM EST
on the record, tail never pays when we go out to dinner
83. Author: delta1Date: Sat, 6/6/2020, 12:04PM EST
does he let you say anything without calling you a name?
84. Author: frankj1Date: Sat, 6/6/2020, 5:52PM EST
within minutes of meeting him, you'd be under the influence of his disarming boyish smile and realize how often (not always) he is smiling when he posts.
85. Author: tailgaterDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 7:59AM EST
delta1 wrote:
I was posting about the corona virus stay at home orders... not the police brutality demonstrations...

my sense is that your outrage at the imposition of regulations limiting individual liberty as an over-reach by government control freaks is an exaggeration...did the local police cite anyone or arrest anyone in your neighborhood?

nowhere did I see police citing or arresting anyone out in public...heck, I ventured out daily for 80-90 minute walks, taking main streets for several miles, passing black and white patrol cars and waving at the cops...not a one asked me what my purpose for being away from home...

many Americans prolly tried to comply but went out anyways...saw a lot of that, and no one got arrested...got shamed by others, but not arrested...

did you even go out?

or are you just pushing back at restraints that were self imposed?

Go out?
You mean to the protest?

Dude, some of us have to work.

Or should I say "are allowed" to work?

86. Author: tailgaterDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 7:59AM EST
teedubbya wrote:
And trump was against it the whole time.

But you don't have TDS.
87. Author: tailgaterDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 8:01AM EST
delta1 wrote:
does he let you say anything without calling you a name?

Does "dirty boy" count?
88. Author: tailgaterDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 8:02AM EST
frankj1 wrote:
on the record, tail never pays when we go out to dinner

I believe the term is "Chew and screw".

89. Author: frankj1Date: Sun, 6/7/2020, 8:56AM EST
tailgater wrote:
I believe the term is "Chew and screw".

90. Author: ZRX1200Date: Sun, 6/7/2020, 11:41AM EST
Sounds like Selltickbomber.
91. Author: Gene363Date: Sun, 6/7/2020, 11:50AM EST
https://i.redd.it/zuk92n8vkx251.png

I submitted the image for display here, but it probbly won't make it.
92. Author: tonygrazDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 4:16PM EST
I hear they are all hanging around the Alamo waiting for an ANTIFA.attack expected by right wing conspiracy theorists.
93. Author: Mrs. dpnewellDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 4:45PM EST
Gene363 wrote:

ThumpUp Is the angry guy on the left suppose to be Vicky?
94. Author: Mrs. dpnewellDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 5:08PM EST
delta1 wrote:

Take a look at what is happening in NJ and PA. Thousands upon thousands of $500 citations. Some NJ businesses have had their buildings and assets seized by Murphy. A gym local to my sister decided to defy Murphy's edict and open. The day he reopened, he noticed a Public Works crew behind his building. Within 15 minutes, raw sewage was gushing from his toliets. He and all his customers where fined $500 each. A couple days later the state seized his building and assets. My sister's gym decided to reopen this week. The police set up cameras in his parking lot. Once a customer left the parking lot, the police would pull them over and issue them a $500 citation. He was told to shut down or the state would seize his property. He had no choice but to comply. A little old lady neighbor of a friend on mine in PA, had cabin fever and decided to go for a drive. She was pulled over and asked why she was on the road (your papers please). When she told the officer that she just had to get out of the house and go for a drive, she received a $500 citation. This is happening across the country in mainly blue states, but since the media mob is ignoring it, it's not actually happening, is it?

David
95. Author: frankj1Date: Sun, 6/7/2020, 5:58PM EST
iMurph shoulda just messed wif da bridge like Christie.
It's New Joisey, not any party that makes this happen there.

where ya been? You OK?
96. Author: Gene363Date: Sun, 6/7/2020, 6:15PM EST
Mrs. dpnewell wrote:
ThumpUp Is the angry guy on the left suppose to be Vicky?

LOL I don't think so, but then I don't know what he looks like. I did find it interesting that the 2nd Amendment guy, on the left, is depicted with the so called, "Non-Player Character" face.
97. Author: delta1Date: Sun, 6/7/2020, 8:34PM EST
Mrs. dpnewell wrote:
Take a look at what is happening in NJ and PA. Thousands upon thousands of $500 citations. Some NJ businesses have had their buildings and assets seized by Murphy. A gym local to my sister decided to defy Murphy's edict and open. The day he reopened, he noticed a Public Works crew behind his building. Within 15 minutes, raw sewage was gushing from his toliets. He and all his customers where fined $500 each. A couple days later the state seized his building and assets. My sister's gym decided to reopen this week. The police set up cameras in his parking lot. Once a customer left the parking lot, the police would pull them over and issue them a $500 citation. He was told to shut down or the state would seize his property. He had no choice but to comply. A little old lady neighbor of a friend on mine in PA, had cabin fever and decided to go for a drive. She was pulled over and asked why she was on the road (your papers please). When she told the officer that she just had to get out of the house and go for a drive, she received a $500 citation. This is happening across the country in mainly blue states, but since the media mob is ignoring it, it's not actually happening, is it?

David

in a state the size of CA, most counties had fewer than 100 citations, after many more were issued warnings...I guess the warnings worked...I remember when thousands of warnings were issued...musta missed the reports of the actual cites that were issued...

98. Author: victor809Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 10:13AM EST
Gene363 wrote:

Ya know Gene... the types of media you keep coming across tells me your circle seems to overlap a lot with 4chan/8chan (aka white supremacists and incels).

Let's take a look at what we have here....
On the right is "Doomer" Doomer is a variant of Wojak intended to indicate despair or nihilism over the end of the world. Doomer comes straight from 4chan. Wojak itself was originated elsewhere, but is very popular in 4chan/8chan and is frequently paired with pepe the frog (pepe the frog has been co-opted by white supremacists and incels)

On the left is "Soy Boy" or "nu-male" Wojak. Just given the name, I'm assuming you are smart enough to realize it's also something that originated with the incels/white supremacists.... (but what do I know... maybe you aren't smart enough to pick that up).

So... you posted another image with origins in the white supremacists/incels groups.

What's funnier about the entire thing is that the image argues that the 2nd amendment protesters aren't actually that concerned about government overstep. They're only concerned about the government overstep when it's something important to them... like haircuts. If it's people of a political alignment which might fight against their guns later, they're willing to watch personal rights disappear to a government with little accountability.

Real conviction there.... real conviction.
99. Author: Gene363Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 11:13AM EST
victor809 wrote:
Ya know Gene... the types of media you keep coming across tells me your circle seems to overlap a lot with 4chan/8chan (aka white supremacists and incels).

Let's take a look at what we have here....
On the right is "Doomer" Doomer is a variant of Wojak intended to indicate despair or nihilism over the end of the world. Doomer comes straight from 4chan. Wojak itself was originated elsewhere, but is very popular in 4chan/8chan and is frequently paired with pepe the frog (pepe the frog has been co-opted by white supremacists and incels)

On the left is "Soy Boy" or "nu-male" Wojak. Just given the name, I'm assuming you are smart enough to realize it's also something that originated with the incels/white supremacists.... (but what do I know... maybe you aren't smart enough to pick that up).

So... you posted another image with origins in the white supremacists/incels groups.

What's funnier about the entire thing is that the image argues that the 2nd amendment protesters aren't actually that concerned about government overstep. They're only concerned about the government overstep when it's something important to them... like haircuts. If it's people of a political alignment which might fight against their guns later, they're willing to watch personal rights disappear to a government with little accountability.

Real conviction there.... real conviction.

Ya know Victor, I'm impressed by your imagination and ability to leap to, albeit wrong, conclusions.

The image is pretty simple. It features a lefty person that typically advocates for gun control and wants only the government to have firearms. The lefty is pretty upset by the government's use of force and ironically demands that a defender of the Second Amendment go fight the government for acting against rioters, period. The Second Amendment folks are not going to carry water for the lefties only to be stabbed in the back when the lefties advocate more gun control and giving the government even more control of our lives.
100. Author: victor809Date: Mon, 6/8/2020, 11:22AM EST
Gene363 wrote:
Ya know Victor, I'm impressed by your imagination and ability to leap to, albeit wrong, conclusions.

The image is pretty simple. It features a lefty person that typically advocates for gun control and wants only the government to have firearms. The lefty is pretty upset by the government's use of force and ironically demands that a defender of the Second Amendment go fight the government for acting against rioters, period. The Second Amendment folks are not going to carry water for the lefties only to be stabbed in the back when the lefties advocate more gun control and giving the government even more control of our lives.

That would be a great take.

If the argument of a significant portion of the 2nd amendment people wasn't "I need guns because I need to be able to stop a government from overstepping it's bounds". Hell, I think I remember dumb memes about "I need the 2nd amendment to protect your 1st" or something like that.

If the 2nd amendment idiots hadn't just used a much better argument for having guns "Hey, they make tiny explosions and are fun!"... then there would be no reason for the "lefty" to question why they aren't present.

Even more amusing, is I have not seen a single "lefty" demand that the 2nd amendment people protect them from the government. I've seen some question WHY the government overstep is totes ok with them now. But not a single "lefty" that I've seen has wanted armed idiots in the middle of the protest. Of course the cartoon would make no sense if they didn't create that strawman.

But you haven't addressed the real question. Why do you seem to end up with so many memes that come straight out of the white supremacist/incel groups?
FirstPrev123NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic