Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
Stimulus Payments We Received
1. Author: RandyjohnsonDate: Thu, 10/15/2020, 12:00PM EST
Certain people hate Donald Trump but they should remember something. Trump gave us $1,200 stimulus payments, plus $500 per child. That money has helped a lot of good people during this terrifying pandemic.
I realize that Trump isn't perfect. He has some flaws but so do all people (and that includes Joe Biden). Trump has a few flaws but I do believe that he cares about America.
2. Author: HockeyDadDate: Thu, 10/15/2020, 12:14PM EST
I didn’t get any stimulus money. Trump sucks.
3. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 10/15/2020, 12:22PM EST
I never got my Obama-Free-Stuff..!! Mad
4. Author: PalamaDate: Thu, 10/15/2020, 12:25PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
I didn’t get any stimulus money. Trump sucks.

You made too much money last year! Gonz
5. Author: HockeyDadDate: Thu, 10/15/2020, 12:28PM EST
Palama wrote:
You made too much money last year! Gonz

Well yeah but he still should have gave me some money. I would have spent it and stimulated the economy. Maybe I would have bought a bunch of cigars and helped keep CelticBomber employed.
6. Author: RayRDate: Thu, 10/15/2020, 1:56PM EST
Quote:
Trump gave us $1,200 stimulus payments, plus $500 per child?

I don't think Trump has that kind of money.
The gubment is broke and in debt up to it eyeballs...so they don't have that kind of money either.
Oh that's right they had the FED counterfeit it! A trillion here, a trillion there...pretty soon you're talking about real money.

Wait till the bill comes due (inflation tax) and warn your kids too!

What's been terrifying about this pandemic has been the unprecedented idiotic gubment policies.

Prof. David Nabarro, the world’s highest-ranking expert on Covid-19 broke ranks with the WHO and said:

‘This is a terrible, ghastly global catastrophe, actually, and so, we really do appeal to all world leaders, stop using lockdown as your primary control method, develop better systems for doing it, work together, and learn from each other, but remember lockdowns just have one consequence that you must never ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer.’

Down the road some future generation will say what a bunch of douchebags those people were in 2020.
7. Author: PalamaDate: Thu, 10/15/2020, 2:12PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
Well yeah but he still should have gave me some money. I would have spent it and stimulated the economy. Maybe I would have bought a bunch of cigars and helped keep CelticBomber employed.

Oh man, I spent all of mine buying new tires for my car. With all the little things like mounting, balancing, b.s. disposal fee, 3-year alignment and lifetime road hazard warranty, all the money got eaten away. It was like I never got a check.
8. Author: rfenstDate: Thu, 10/15/2020, 2:27PM EST
Where's mine?
9. Author: PalamaDate: Thu, 10/15/2020, 2:33PM EST
rfenst wrote:
Where's mine?

You made too much money too! Frying pan

No stimulus check for you either! Not talking
10. Author: deadeyedickDate: Thu, 10/15/2020, 2:35PM EST
I didn’t get any gubment moola. And I don’t want any next go around either. I think the only payments should go for unemployed.
11. Author: BrewhaDate: Thu, 10/15/2020, 3:22PM EST
Randyjohnson wrote:
Certain people hate Donald Trump but they should remember something. Trump gave us $1,200 stimulus payments, plus $500 per child. That money has helped a lot of good people during this terrifying pandemic.
I realize that Trump isn't perfect. He has some flaws but so do all people (and that includes Joe Biden). Trump has a few flaws but I do believe that he cares about America.

The money came from our government, that we pay for.

Donald J Trump is a criminal that cares only for himself and those who are in the swamp with him.
He cares about what he can get from America, not about America or Americans.
He thinks the rest of us are fools and suckers (his words).
12. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 10/15/2020, 3:23PM EST
OhMyGod
13. Author: BrewhaDate: Thu, 10/15/2020, 3:34PM EST
And he's a terrible dancer....
14. Author: MoreBeerDate: Thu, 10/15/2020, 3:43PM EST
I bought a load of stocks and call options near the pandemic lows.
Therefore, I'm now stimulated.
15. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 10/15/2020, 3:45PM EST
Brewha wrote:
And he's a terrible dancer....

you danced with Trump..?? Huh
16. Author: rfenstDate: Thu, 10/15/2020, 3:46PM EST
Trump Calls for More Stimulus as Impasse Drags On

President Trump, struggling to gain traction among voters just weeks before the election, called on Thursday for a bigger stimulus package than he had previously offered, and the White House signaled it was willing to make concessions to Democrats. But the proposals were unlikely to win the necessary backing from Senate Republicans who are preparing a far smaller bill of their own.

White House negotiators have proposed a $1.8 trillion relief package. Mr. Trump said that he wanted one that was even bigger and suggested, without explanation, that China would pay for it.

“I would go higher,” Mr. Trump said during an interview with the Fox Business Network. “Go big or go home.”
The comments came after Mr. Mnuchin said that the White House was willing to make additional concessions to Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California in hopes of rekindling a stimulus deal before the election. But the $1.8 trillion package that he has proposed has already proven to be a non-starter with Senate Republicans who have panned it as too costly, making Mr. Trump’s call for a more expensive bill another complication in the already fraught negotiations.
Investors, who have been following the stimulus talks closely, seemed unmoved by statements from Mr. Trump and Mr. Mnuchin on Thursday, with stocks on Wall Street dropping for a third consecutive day.

The president suggested that Ms. Pelosi’s $2.2 trillion proposal was littered with Democratic priorities that his “pride” would not allow him to accept. However, he also undercut his own Treasury secretary for not being able to secure a larger agreement.

“So far he hasn’t come home with the bacon,” Mr. Trump said of Mr. Mnuchin.

The negotiations between the White House and Congress are expected to continue on Thursday, when Mr. Mnuchin and Ms. Pelosi are scheduled to speak.

Speaking on CNBC, the Treasury secretary said that he would agree to the language that Democrats had insisted on when it came to a coronavirus testing program and noted that the two sides had already agreed to spend an additional $75 billion on testing and contact tracing. The specifics of such a program have been an obstacle in the talks.
“We’ll fundamentally agree with their testing language, subject to some minor issues,” Mr. Mnuchin said. “We need to get money to the American public now.”

Mr. Mnuchin’s remarks came after the Labor Department reported that the number of new claims for unemployment benefits jumped to 886,000 last week.

But on Wednesday, Mr. Mnuchin acknowledged it would be difficult to pass and enact a deal in the next three weeks.
In the interview on CNBC, Mr. Mnuchin did not directly address the lack of support for a bill by Senator Mitch McConnell, the majority leader, suggesting that he has been briefed on negotiations between the White House and House Democrats while acknowledging that Senate Republicans prefer a more “targeted” relief bill.
But Mr. McConnell downplayed the prospects of a larger bill on Thursday.

“He’s talking about a much larger amount than I can sell to my members,” Mr. McConnell said about the president’s comments.

Negotiators have been locked in fruitless talks for months. On Thursday, Mr. Mnuchin assailed Democrats for letting politics get in the way of reaching agreement before the election, though Mr. Trump scuttled the talks himself when he said in a tweet last week that he had called off stimulus negotiations until after the election.

Mr. Mnuchin also called on Congress to give him the authority to repurpose approximately $300 billion in unused relief money from the legislation that was passed in March. He said he could begin getting that money into the economy this week.
— Alan Rappeport
WSJ

Is this the Art of the Deal?
17. Author: Gene363Date: Thu, 10/15/2020, 3:53PM EST
rfenst wrote:
Trump Calls for More Stimulus as Impasse Drags On

President Trump, struggling to gain traction among voters just weeks before the election, called on Thursday for a bigger stimulus package than he had previously offered, and the White House signaled it was willing to make concessions to Democrats. But the proposals were unlikely to win the necessary backing from Senate Republicans who are preparing a far smaller bill of their own.

White House negotiators have proposed a $1.8 trillion relief package. Mr. Trump said that he wanted one that was even bigger and suggested, without explanation, that China would pay for it.

“I would go higher,” Mr. Trump said during an interview with the Fox Business Network. “Go big or go home.”
The comments came after Mr. Mnuchin said that the White House was willing to make additional concessions to Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California in hopes of rekindling a stimulus deal before the election. But the $1.8 trillion package that he has proposed has already proven to be a non-starter with Senate Republicans who have panned it as too costly, making Mr. Trump’s call for a more expensive bill another complication in the already fraught negotiations.
Investors, who have been following the stimulus talks closely, seemed unmoved by statements from Mr. Trump and Mr. Mnuchin on Thursday, with stocks on Wall Street dropping for a third consecutive day.

The president suggested that Ms. Pelosi’s $2.2 trillion proposal was littered with Democratic priorities that his “pride” would not allow him to accept. However, he also undercut his own Treasury secretary for not being able to secure a larger agreement.

“So far he hasn’t come home with the bacon,” Mr. Trump said of Mr. Mnuchin.

The negotiations between the White House and Congress are expected to continue on Thursday, when Mr. Mnuchin and Ms. Pelosi are scheduled to speak.

Speaking on CNBC, the Treasury secretary said that he would agree to the language that Democrats had insisted on when it came to a coronavirus testing program and noted that the two sides had already agreed to spend an additional $75 billion on testing and contact tracing. The specifics of such a program have been an obstacle in the talks.
“We’ll fundamentally agree with their testing language, subject to some minor issues,” Mr. Mnuchin said. “We need to get money to the American public now.”

Mr. Mnuchin’s remarks came after the Labor Department reported that the number of new claims for unemployment benefits jumped to 886,000 last week.

But on Wednesday, Mr. Mnuchin acknowledged it would be difficult to pass and enact a deal in the next three weeks.
In the interview on CNBC, Mr. Mnuchin did not directly address the lack of support for a bill by Senator Mitch McConnell, the majority leader, suggesting that he has been briefed on negotiations between the White House and House Democrats while acknowledging that Senate Republicans prefer a more “targeted” relief bill.
But Mr. McConnell downplayed the prospects of a larger bill on Thursday.

“He’s talking about a much larger amount than I can sell to my members,” Mr. McConnell said about the president’s comments.

Negotiators have been locked in fruitless talks for months. On Thursday, Mr. Mnuchin assailed Democrats for letting politics get in the way of reaching agreement before the election, though Mr. Trump scuttled the talks himself when he said in a tweet last week that he had called off stimulus negotiations until after the election.

Mr. Mnuchin also called on Congress to give him the authority to repurpose approximately $300 billion in unused relief money from the legislation that was passed in March. He said he could begin getting that money into the economy this week.
— Alan Rappeport
WSJ

Is this the Art of the Deal?

Oh no! He sounds like... like... a... Democrat! Anxious
18. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 10/15/2020, 4:24PM EST
welp...gotta give Trump some credit...he does like bacon...
19. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 10/15/2020, 4:32PM EST
I could sure use some bacon about now.... Mellow
20. Author: rfenstDate: Thu, 10/15/2020, 4:35PM EST
Bacon!
21. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 10/15/2020, 6:26PM EST
when one's johnson is randy, all bets are off.
22. Author: BuckyB93Date: Thu, 10/15/2020, 8:44PM EST
Just cough up the money already. Everyone knows it's going to happen, it's just a matter of when and how much other pork is tied to the bill.

I didn't get any before and I probably won't get any again. I just want to see its impact on my short term investments.
23. Author: BuckyB93Date: Thu, 10/15/2020, 8:48PM EST
DrafterX wrote:
I could sure use some bacon about now.... Mellow

I gots a half pound I was thinking of cooking. Thawed out some chicken thighs. Thinking of making some bacon wrapped chicken something or other tomorrow. Not sure yet what, gonna google some recipes to try something new.
24. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 10/15/2020, 9:05PM EST
deadeyedick wrote:
I didn’t get any gubment moola. And I don’t want any next go around either. I think the only payments should go for unemployed.

got mine, though less than 1200 clams.
gave to my daughters.
25. Author: ZRX1200Date: Thu, 10/15/2020, 9:16PM EST
I donated all $5k to my man DJT so I could write off more again.

#nottiredofwinning
26. Author: Smooth lightDate: Thu, 10/15/2020, 9:54PM EST
If you don't need it, help pay off the debt,every bit helps. I know that is a liberal fan fantasy, but I'll give your away.

No way, I'm entitled to it. What mine is mine and yours is mine too.🗣️
27. Author: izonfireDate: Thu, 10/15/2020, 9:55PM EST
Randyjohnson wrote:

Hey, we were just talkin’ about you, you freak!!!
28. Author: rfenstDate: Fri, 10/16/2020, 9:43AM EST
McConnell shoots down $1.8 trillion coronavirus deal, breaking with Trump

The Hill

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Thursday shot down the prospect of a coronavirus deal totaling between $1.8 trillion and $2.2 trillion — the goalposts of the current talks between Democrats and the White House.

McConnell's comments, made to reporters in Kentucky, underscore the divisions between President Trump and Senate Republicans on a fifth coronavirus package, with the GOP leader preparing to force a vote on a $500 billion bill next week.

“I don’t think so. That’s where the administration is willing to go. My members think half a trillion dollars, highly targeted, is the best way to go," McConnell said, asked about the prospect of a deal totally between $1.8 trillion and $2.2 trillion.

McConnell added that while a reporter was correct that there are negotiations ongoing between Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and the White House about the higher price range, "that's not what I'm going to put on the floor."

McConnell's comments come as President Trump signaled on Thursday that he was willing to go higher than $1.8 trillion in negotiations with Democrats.

“Absolutely, I would. I would pay more. I would go higher. Go big or go home, I said it yesterday. Go big or go home,” Trump said during a phone interview on Fox Business on Thursday morning.

But McConnell is set to put a substantially smaller bill on the floor next week.

The GOP plan, which McConnell has said will be around $500 billion, will include another round of Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) funding, money for testing and hospitals, and protections for businesses from coronavirus-related lawsuits.

Senate Republicans have struggled to get on the same page as the White House when it comes to the coronavirus negotiations.

Senate Republicans offered a $1.1 trillion coronavirus package in late July but McConnell warned at the time that up to 20 GOP senators could vote "no." They then unveiled a smaller bill in September that authorized about $500 billion that 52 of the 53 GOP senators supported.

McConnell has publicly warned that just because Democrats and the White House get a deal does not mean he would agree to put it on the floor. Speaking to reporters during a recent press conference, McConnell said that he would "take a look at it and see if I can sell that to Senate Republicans."

Senate Republicans panned the $1.8 trillion price tag during a phone call with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and White House chief of staff Mark Meadows last weekend.

One source familiar with the call said that there were "significant concerns raised with the price tag."

In response to the GOP criticism, Meadows told Republicans that "you all will have to come to my funeral" once he delivered their concerns to Trump.
29. Author: KrazeehorseDate: Fri, 10/16/2020, 11:08AM EST
rfenst wrote:
McConnell shoots down $1.8 trillion coronavirus deal, breaking with Trump

Good cop/bad cop
30. Author: Smooth lightDate: Fri, 10/16/2020, 11:28AM EST
art of the speal.

Good cop/bad cop/(pelosi) Di the di cop.

🎡
31. Author: rfenstDate: Fri, 10/16/2020, 1:25PM EST
Krazeehorse wrote:
Good cop/bad cop

Nope. He has what he wants in his own $5 billion bill to be introduced soon: liability protection and a dollar figure he can get enough R's to vote in favor of.
32. Author: WD6UFFDate: Sun, 10/25/2020, 11:29AM EST
Trouble is, the trillions in bailouts is fed into large companies with the "trickle down" theory in mind. That was true in Boomer youth years: that wealth was created the more factories were built and staff employed. Now that's not so much a truism anymore. Today it's tech which is rendering man into the same situation the horse was put in when the horseless carriage grew in popularity.

All future bailouts should only go to physical humans. The companies which serve a function on the market to provide products and services people need and people buy should be the winners. No more dropping tens-hundreds of billions into major zombies under the guise of "trickle down" only to see congressmen's investments saved. Boomers wouldn't need investment banks to be propped up to save their small semblance of retirement the way they are now if the interest rates weren't suppressed for decades.

Future bailouts must be restricted to cash payments *only* to humans and never to legal fictions!
33. Author: RayRDate: Sun, 10/25/2020, 2:39PM EST
WD6UFF wrote:
Trouble is, the trillions in bailouts is fed into large companies with the "trickle down" theory in mind. That was true in Boomer youth years: that wealth was created the more factories were built and staff employed. Now that's not so much a truism anymore. Today it's tech which is rendering man into the same situation the horse was put in when the horseless carriage grew in popularity.

All future bailouts should only go to physical humans. The companies which serve a function on the market to provide products and services people need and people buy should be the winners. No more dropping tens-hundreds of billions into major zombies under the guise of "trickle down" only to see congressmen's investments saved. Boomers wouldn't need investment banks to be propped up to save their small semblance of retirement the way they are now if the interest rates weren't suppressed for decades.

Future bailouts must be restricted to cash payments *only* to humans and never to legal fictions!

So you believe in some sort of trickle up theory with cash payments (stimulus) to the proles? Like giving loot to them is different, not immoral and will cause them to stimulate the economy by buying stuff? Sounds like the same kindergarten economics we heard under Bush and Obama. Trickle Down or Trickle Up, if your relating those terms directly to yet another massive welfare, wealth redistribution scheme called a "stimulus package", it's all a smoke screen to try to cover up the damage politicians have done to the economy by their wrong headed interventions like lockdowns.

The big question is no matter who the bailout goes to, where is the money coming from?
The federal government alone is now $27Trillion in debt thanks in part to the last stint of massive stimuli. They have no money, they can only get mo' money by either taxing, inflating, or going into debt further, which has to be paid later. In the later case they've never paid down the debt in modern history, but have continually grown it. They'll be lucky if they can tax the economy enough to just pay interest to the bond holders. Besides the immorality of it all, the general public in its usual foolishness doesn't even consider there is a massive downside to any of it and even encourages more bad government behaviour.
34. Author: rfenstDate: Sun, 10/25/2020, 4:13PM EST
Where's mine?
35. Author: Smooth lightDate: Sun, 10/25/2020, 5:02PM EST
How about wants a month 😊
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic