FirstPrev12NextLast
Anyone invested in Boeing or Reddit?
1. Author: ZRX1200Date: Wed, 1/27/2021, 11:47AM EST
Wow.....

Crazy times.
2. Author: clintCigarDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 12:44PM EST
What I miss?
3. Author: CelticBomberDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 1:06PM EST
Boeing has lost about $20 per share in the past month. It's down about 40% from where it was last year. They should recover though, Covid is what has hurt them. Boeing is valued around 95 - 100 billion and they have about 35 billion of that value in cash.

I know there is a reddit group driving certain stock prices through the roof. Gamestop was being shorted bigtime by the big investors and this reddit group, WallStreetBets, drove the price from $19 to around $230 by starting a frenzy with day traders buying up options left and right which forced the option sellers to buy actual shares to hedge their short bets. Elon Musk and a few other people helped drive the frenzy by tweeting about it. Supposedly AMC and Blackberry are next... I think they are targeting Nokia atm. Gamestop was on it's last gasp when this happened.
4. Author: rfenstDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 1:26PM EST
My son bought a $70 fractional share just for fun.
5. Author: BuckyB93Date: Wed, 1/27/2021, 1:51PM EST
CelticBomber wrote:
Boeing has lost about $20 per share in the past month. It's down about 40% from where it was last year. They should recover though, Covid is what has hurt them. Boeing is valued around 95 - 100 billion and they have about 35 billion of that value in cash.

I know there is a reddit group driving certain stock prices through the roof. Gamestop was being shorted bigtime by the big investors and this reddit group, WallStreetBets, drove the price from $19 to around $230 by starting a frenzy with day traders buying up options left and right which forced the option sellers to buy actual shares to hedge their short bets. Elon Musk and a few other people helped drive the frenzy by tweeting about it. Supposedly AMC and Blackberry are next... I think they are targeting Nokia atm. Gamestop was on it's last gasp when this happened.

Was watching that the past couple days. Too funny.

It's up $180/share (122%) since the open just today. It's up around $290/share (760%) in past 5 days.

Some people are getting rich, some people are getting screwed. I wish I was in on the prank.
6. Author: delta1Date: Wed, 1/27/2021, 2:39PM EST
can also trace the beginning of Boeing's decline to the 737 Max crashes...
7. Author: HockeyDadDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 2:41PM EST
Boeing will be fine longer term.

Short squeezes happen all the time.
8. Author: CelticBomberDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 2:42PM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
Was watching that the past couple days. Too funny.

It's up $180/share (122%) since the open just today. It's up around $290/share (760%) in past 5 days.

Some people are getting rich, some people are getting screwed. I wish I was in on the prank.

They are aiming to drive the price over $500. The major short positions will have to pony up on Friday. Looks like Duke and Duke will have to sell their seats on the exchange.

AMC is already up 278% at 18.78 a share. Nokia is up 63% at $7.72. Blackberry is up 43% at 27.02. I believe Bed Bath and Beyond has also been mentioned.

The major hedge funds are furious! Nasdaq and state regulators are trying to halt trading on Gamestop(GME) for 30 days. The have paused trading a few times already. Suddenly, major investors and Hedge fund managers are calling for regulations. Oh the irony! I hope these funds get buried. So far, collectively the short positions have lost 5 Billion. They've been manipulating these stock prices for years. A bunch of internet kids get together and own them at their own game so now they cry for regulation. These funds have been targeting and shorting retailers for years causing the stocks to tank artificially, cashing out and leaving investors in these businesses screwed.

The description for WallStreetBets is "r/wallstreetbets: Like 4chan found a Bloomberg Terminal."

Best part is, it's all legal. They took a page out of these hedge funds own playbook and just ran the play backwards.
9. Author: ZRX1200Date: Wed, 1/27/2021, 2:51PM EST
Yup.
10. Author: HockeyDadDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 2:52PM EST
CelticBomber wrote:

Best part is, it's all legal. They took a page out of these hedge funds own playbook and just ran the play backwards.

Hedge funds (generally pooled millionaire investors) constantly manipulate the market to make money when prices fall and rise whereas the standard 401k investment makes money when the market goes up. It is totally legal. It is also totally legal that they’re getting slaughtered in a short squeeze.

It’s a beautiful thing.
11. Author: delta1Date: Wed, 1/27/2021, 2:52PM EST
Applause Applause

except if you invested in any of those companies...

nobody wants the market regulated, until they see there's a need because humans are greedy; people will cheat and exploit any weakness for personal gain
12. Author: CelticBomberDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 3:08PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
Hedge funds (generally pooled millionaire investors) constantly manipulate the market to make money when prices fall and rise whereas the standard 401k investment makes money when the market goes up. It is totally legal. It is also totally legal that they’re getting slaughtered in a short squeeze.

It’s a beautiful thing.

Fund managers were trying to take the position that it was illegal manipulation because all these people were using social media to manipulate the price. But, the 1st Amendment protects them. I guess it's okay to manipulate prices behind closed door or over the phone. As long as these people stick together and follow through, there isn't much anyone can do. I saw one poster who posted a pic of his balance from trading. It was over $1 Mil, up like $700k since the beginning of the year because of this.

I saw one comment that said something along the lines of "If WallStreetBets finds fun in wrecking hedge funds wait until they figure out how to wreck central banks!" If they do you can bet regulations will be created and for once enforced!
13. Author: HockeyDadDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 3:43PM EST
The funny thing is once everyone sells GameStop to the short covering the stock there will be people caught with expensive GameStop stock that they will want to dump and crash the price. At some point shorting GameStop against will also make money. Timing is everything.
14. Author: ZRX1200Date: Wed, 1/27/2021, 4:49PM EST
I just sold my shares to buy Gurkhas.
15. Author: CelticBomberDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 4:54PM EST
ZRX1200 wrote:
I just sold my shares to buy Gurkhas.

I saw some for sale in the trades forum. Only $30 a stick. A steal at that price.
16. Author: Plowboy221Date: Wed, 1/27/2021, 5:08PM EST
Elon and Jeff putting a hurting on Boeing with der space rockets
17. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 6:31PM EST
CelticBomber wrote:

"Down" to $192? It must have really rebounded bore the collapse. It was at $100 a while back.
18. Author: CelticBomberDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 6:46PM EST
8trackdisco wrote:
"Down" to $192? It must have really rebounded bore the collapse. It was at $100 a while back.

It hit $89 back in March and it was back to $238 in December. Still got a way to go to get back to the $349.95 it was in February though.
19. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 6:54PM EST
CelticBomber wrote:
It hit $89 back in March and it was back to $238 in December. Still got a way to go to get back to the $349.95 it was in February though.

Yeah, I'm way down. Bought most of it at $330 when it fell from $400.

One hell of a deal .... at the time.
20. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 7:11PM EST
"der schprocket...NOW WE DANCE"

krauTs in blAcK sPAndeX tigHtS...

Mike Myers..
21. Author: CelticBomberDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 7:22PM EST
8trackdisco wrote:
Yeah, I'm way down. Bought most of it at $330 when it fell from $400.

One hell of a deal .... at the time.

Ouch... Could I interest you in some AMC or Blackberry stock? They are planning to squeeze those next week!

Anyone wanna take bets on when this all blows up? The main players in that subreddit driving all this are going to sell first, that will cause the panic and the accusations will begin. Then the main players will short the stock and the cannibalism will begin. Should be interesting to watch. I've got my tinfoil hat ready and I've started stockpiling TP and canned goods.
22. Author: teedubbyaDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 7:25PM EST
The only safe play is pork rinds.
23. Author: RobertHivelyDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 7:29PM EST
CelticBomber wrote:
Ouch... Could I interest you in some AMC or Blackberry stock? They are planning to squeeze those next week!

Anyone wanna take bets on when this all blows up? The main players in that subreddit driving all this are going to sell first, that will cause the panic and the accusations will begin. Then the main players will short the stock and the cannibalism will begin. Should be interesting to watch. I've got my tinfoil hat ready and I've started stockpiling TP and canned goods.

Yeah but what about guns and ammo?

-Qbert
24. Author: Smooth lightDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 11:54PM EST
Bought Boeing at 101 on a whim,
sure made staying home a little easier. Nice watching 10k grow all
Year.

You got to learn, how to make money work for you.
My broker hates me, cause he didn't buy any.

Only pick the ripe, from the money tree 💰

25. Author: BuckyB93Date: Thu, 1/28/2021, 12:45AM EST
Thumbed through some of the posts in reddit on the wallstreetbets forum discussion for GameStop, AMC et.al. short squeeze they are doing. I found this comment rather funny.

Aliushiems
6 hours ago

This morning my boomer boss told me CNBC says its about to collapse and I should get out now. I was worried a little because he's an actual millionaire. But then I remembered he pays me to jerk off in the company bathroom twice day so who's the real retard here.
26. Author: ZRX1200Date: Thu, 1/28/2021, 12:46AM EST
Anyone buying SNDL?
27. Author: CelticBomberDate: Thu, 1/28/2021, 2:11PM EST
Just when you thought it couldn't get any more interesting. Robinhood trading app and Interactive Brokers has blocked everyone from doing any buying of all these stocks. They will only allow you to close out your position. Turns out Robinhood does all of it's trades through the Citadel hedge fund. Seems Robinhood is trying to protect Citadel. Meanwhile the major hedge funds are selling GME back and forth to each other in rapid trades to make it seem like there's a massive sell off to artificially drive the price down so that people panic and sell. Everyone is talking about this now. From Elon Musk to Mark Cuban. A class action lawsuit is already in the works against these brokers for illegal market manipulation. This is about to get really messy!
28. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Thu, 1/28/2021, 2:20PM EST
I got no idea what's going on, man...
29. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 1/28/2021, 2:27PM EST
I bought an egg mcmuffin this morning
30. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Thu, 1/28/2021, 2:49PM EST
That was from a restaurant... pretty sure the stock market just sells fresh eggs and you gotta make em yourself...
31. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 1/28/2021, 2:57PM EST
screw that I'm out
32. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 1/28/2021, 2:58PM EST
And I wouldn't call McDonalds a restaurant
33. Author: ZRX1200Date: Thu, 1/28/2021, 4:02PM EST
Yeah billionaires sacrificing citadel to lawsuit to flex on the little guys that cleaned their clocks.....epic watch
34. Author: Smooth lightDate: Thu, 1/28/2021, 4:54PM EST
Fries with a chocolate shake...
🍟 dippin🥤 yummy... good quick fix
35. Author: ZRX1200Date: Thu, 1/28/2021, 4:55PM EST
Jesus you can’t make this stuff up!

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/28/aoc-rips-ted-cruz-almost-murdered-killed-capitol-riot-insurrection-robinhood/

She is freaking priceless....
36. Author: Dg west deptfordDate: Thu, 1/28/2021, 8:56PM EST
Hilarious!
Turns out what the left really hates is outsider trading. Just like an outsider president- They're racist!
Sorry proles were changing the rules so you can't beat us at our own game.
They can barely sleep worrying about how the poor little guys who are getting rich off the backs of greedy hedge fund scum could get hurt.
Hilarious!
37. Author: zitotczitoDate: Thu, 1/28/2021, 10:50PM EST
ZRX1200 wrote:
Anyone buying SNDL?

I bought CGC instead, I am up 25% so far.
38. Author: ChenoDate: Fri, 1/29/2021, 8:35AM EST
Check into cciv. It's based on a rumor but if it goes through a merger with lucid, that will be huge. They are the only company that I can see to be a real rival with Tesla.
39. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Fri, 1/29/2021, 11:26AM EST
Things are heating up! If you don't know what's going on with game stop and reddit, read up... history is being made...
40. Author: ZRX1200Date: Fri, 1/29/2021, 11:52AM EST
Opie, my content is gold.....it’s like you have never paid attention to my posts.....c’mon man
41. Author: BuckyB93Date: Fri, 1/29/2021, 12:03PM EST
I got curious and threw a little money into GME and AMC a couple days ago to see if things blow up in my favor. For these plays it's not investing, it's gambling.
42. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Fri, 1/29/2021, 12:09PM EST
ZRX1200 wrote:
Opie, my content is gold.....it’s like you have never paid attention to my posts.....c’mon man

I actually go on reddit a lot.... came across the wall street bets on Monday and started getting annoyed how much they had on the front page... I thought it was just a subreddit of guys bragging about how much money they were making in the stock market...

Then I saw your post and read up... been following closely since... my comment about things heating up has to do with the overnight activity from Asia...
43. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Fri, 1/29/2021, 12:12PM EST
Also, I've never found myself so closely aligned with AOC and her kind... this could be the thing that unites America!
44. Author: Stogie1020Date: Fri, 1/29/2021, 12:17PM EST
So how do I make millions from this now?
45. Author: BuckyB93Date: Fri, 1/29/2021, 12:24PM EST
Yeah, China folks jumped in last night. Their markets are much more restrictive with shorts than the US markets are so they are playing it out in Wall Street.

I use Ameritrade. They didn't shut down buying and selling yesterday like Robinhood and others did. They did, however, put some restrictions on trading the stocks that are at the heart of what's going on. I got the update to their trading rules using their platform late yesterday.

"Securities with trading restrictions

We have placed some restrictions on the following securities. These restrictions will not prevent clients from making basic buy and sell transactions. This list is as of January 28, 2021, 4:00PM ET.

AMC, CVM, EXPR, FOSL, GME, NOK, BB, BBBY, FIZZ, GSX, IRBT, NCMI, TR, UONE, VIR, NAK, NAKD, DDS, KOSS

The following restrictions are in place:

- Stocks - 100% holding requirement (not marginable)
- Long calls and puts are allowed
- Covered call and short put orders may only be placed with a broker. Please be aware that wait times to speak with a broker may be longer than normal due to current market conditions.
- Covered calls only allowed if your account currently has the shares
- Short puts only if you have the maintenance/cash to cover the entire exercise amount of the short puts
- All other complex options orders will not be accepted
- We may also implement additional restrictions on the opening of option trades that expire Friday, January 29th

Please keep in mind that this list is not inclusive of every security restriction and may change at any time."
46. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Fri, 1/29/2021, 3:22PM EST
DOGE
47. Author: stinger88Date: Fri, 1/29/2021, 3:23PM EST
I am hoping they work on GE next. Bought some at $11. Surely they can drive it up to $200 a share. I would like that.
48. Author: RobertHivelyDate: Fri, 1/29/2021, 6:17PM EST
Check out this guy, he sure doesn't G-A-F

https://www.radigancarter.com/dispatches/the-wall-street-insurgency

-Qbert
49. Author: BuckyB93Date: Fri, 1/29/2021, 7:35PM EST
stinger88 wrote:
I am hoping they work on GE next. Bought some at $11. Surely they can drive it up to $200 a share. I would like that.

GM doesn't have enough investors out there holding short positions.

Per numbers from Jan 15, 2021

GM: Number of shares committed to short contracts are around 19M with a pool of 1.4B shares on the open market (19M/1.4B or about 1.38% of the available stocks are shorted)

While GameStop has 62M shorted with a pool of 51M on the open market (62M/51M = 121% shorted).

Here's a cut and paste of a post over on reddit from someone trying to explain it. I don't know the ins and outs of the game but it sounds good to me. (I've anointed myself the weekend warrior uninformed yet self anointed GameStop short expert). Some of his numbers may not be current since he posted this a day or two ago and it's been reposted a few times.

"Please read!!! This text will be the most important piece that you’ll see today!!!

They didn’t exit any of their short positions! You can look it up!!! The fund sold their shares to other funds, which made the stock algorithm think the stock is being sold —> price goes down —> the found that bought sells those shares again to the fund that sold them in the first place —> price drops even more —> they keep doing that —> price drops lower every time —> but as long as we hold they weren’t able to exit any positions!!! Shorts are still up 120% percent. As long as we hold the squeeze is inevitable!! And if you don’t believe me, look at the GME after hour stock price!

Furthermore don’t sell at 1000$ tomorrow or next week!!! It can be way **** higher! I‘m talking about numbers around 10/20k per share! Compared to the VW squeeze in 2008 GME would need to be valued at 34000$ per share!!!

EVERYBODY READ THIS! Important!

Since it got removed: When do we sell? A quick guide for GME Army. (SECRET TO DIAMOND HAND 💎🙌 )

When do we sell? A quick guide for GME Army. (SECRET TO DIAMOND HAND 💎🙌 )

Too much disinformation about when to sell. I'm tired of seeing people paper handing GME when it drops by 20%, or saying to sell Friday (BTW DO NOT **** SELL FRIDAY OR I WILL COME OVER THERE AND DO STUFF TO YOU!) so here is the DEFINITIVE guide on how to play the ending.

First, we need to understand what is "Days to Cover" or "Short Ratio" .

Official definition:

• ⁠Days to cover, also called short ratio, measures the expected number of days to close out a company's issued shares that have been shorted. • ⁠Days to cover is calculated by taking the number of currently shorted shares and dividing that amount by the average daily trading volume for the company in question. • ⁠A high 'days to cover' ratio can often signal a potential short squeeze.

Dumbed down version:

• ⁠imagine you're Melvin Capital and you have 1 million **** up your ass. How long will it take to get all those **** out of your ass? If the volume of **** removing is 1 per day, then it'll take 1 million days to remove 1 million **** up your ass. If it's 50,000 **** a day, then it's 20 days. • ⁠Same thing with covering short positions. How long will it take Melvin Capital and other shorters to cover their short positions? You take alllll the shorted shares, divided by the average volume of share movement per day, and you get something called "Days to Cover"

Now you know what day's to cover means, you can check many websites to see what is the days to cover for GME.

So you can see, even if Melvin Capital wants to cover their shorts, it's gonna take them DAYS, and right now it's gonna take them an entire trading week to cover their position.

So what does that mean for us?

Well, we're just waiting for the day when Melvin Capital starts covering their position. When is that day? VERY **** SOON. They're are bleeding out of their ass with the insane interest rate they're paying for their position, and a lot of puts are expiring on Friday, plus a lot of ITM (in the money) calls expire Friday and can be exercised to get shares.

Friday might be the day where Melvin Capital have no choice BUT to start covering.

Now, IF this happens, then it's not gonna take Melvin Capital 1 hour to cover all their shorts, but DAYS. Meaning if Melvin capital starts covering FRIDAY, it will take them at LEAST 3 DAYS to fully cover, which means ALL of next week, the price will keep increasing and increasing! So realistically I'd say Tues or Wed next week might be peak sell time, IF the covering starts Friday. No need to panic sell. No need to worry about a top that lasts for minutes. It will LAST FOR DAYS!!!!!

Now, CNBC and all of the MM's and corrupt media will fool you into thinking Melvin Capital has already covered their shorts or some other bull****, but don't believe it. It takes DAYS to do so!

The only numbers you should be looking at is the short ratio. If it's getting smaller, then the squeeze has begun. If it's still at **** 120% like it is now, NOTHING EVEN HAPPENED YET.

We're at **** $250 after hours and the shorts still haven't begun to cover yet! Imagine when they do? $1000 is actually a very low estimate, and is no longer a meme number. If we all play it right and hold while shorts cover, we can literally squeeze this to infinity as they try to cover."

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/l7qahx/gme_squeeze/
50. Author: dkeageDate: Fri, 1/29/2021, 8:49PM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
GM doesn't have enough investors out there holding short positions.

Per numbers from Jan 15, 2021

GM: Number of shares committed to short contracts are around 19M with a pool of 1.4B shares on the open market (19M/1.4B or about 1.38% of the available stocks are shorted)

While GameStop has 62M shorted with a pool of 51M on the open market (62M/51M = 121% shorted).

Here's a cut and paste of a post over on reddit from someone trying to explain it. I don't know the ins and outs of the game but it sounds good to me. (I've anointed myself the weekend warrior uninformed yet self anointed GameStop short expert). Some of his numbers may not be current since he posted this a day or two ago and it's been reposted a few times.

"Please read!!! This text will be the most important piece that you’ll see today!!!

They didn’t exit any of their short positions! You can look it up!!! The fund sold their shares to other funds, which made the stock algorithm think the stock is being sold —> price goes down —> the found that bought sells those shares again to the fund that sold them in the first place —> price drops even more —> they keep doing that —> price drops lower every time —> but as long as we hold they weren’t able to exit any positions!!! Shorts are still up 120% percent. As long as we hold the squeeze is inevitable!! And if you don’t believe me, look at the GME after hour stock price!

Furthermore don’t sell at 1000$ tomorrow or next week!!! It can be way **** higher! I‘m talking about numbers around 10/20k per share! Compared to the VW squeeze in 2008 GME would need to be valued at 34000$ per share!!!

EVERYBODY READ THIS! Important!

Since it got removed: When do we sell? A quick guide for GME Army. (SECRET TO DIAMOND HAND 💎🙌 )

When do we sell? A quick guide for GME Army. (SECRET TO DIAMOND HAND 💎🙌 )

Too much disinformation about when to sell. I'm tired of seeing people paper handing GME when it drops by 20%, or saying to sell Friday (BTW DO NOT **** SELL FRIDAY OR I WILL COME OVER THERE AND DO STUFF TO YOU!) so here is the DEFINITIVE guide on how to play the ending.

First, we need to understand what is "Days to Cover" or "Short Ratio" .

Official definition:

• ⁠Days to cover, also called short ratio, measures the expected number of days to close out a company's issued shares that have been shorted. • ⁠Days to cover is calculated by taking the number of currently shorted shares and dividing that amount by the average daily trading volume for the company in question. • ⁠A high 'days to cover' ratio can often signal a potential short squeeze.

Dumbed down version:

• ⁠imagine you're Melvin Capital and you have 1 million **** up your ass. How long will it take to get all those **** out of your ass? If the volume of **** removing is 1 per day, then it'll take 1 million days to remove 1 million **** up your ass. If it's 50,000 **** a day, then it's 20 days. • ⁠Same thing with covering short positions. How long will it take Melvin Capital and other shorters to cover their short positions? You take alllll the shorted shares, divided by the average volume of share movement per day, and you get something called "Days to Cover"

Now you know what day's to cover means, you can check many websites to see what is the days to cover for GME.

So you can see, even if Melvin Capital wants to cover their shorts, it's gonna take them DAYS, and right now it's gonna take them an entire trading week to cover their position.

So what does that mean for us?

Well, we're just waiting for the day when Melvin Capital starts covering their position. When is that day? VERY **** SOON. They're are bleeding out of their ass with the insane interest rate they're paying for their position, and a lot of puts are expiring on Friday, plus a lot of ITM (in the money) calls expire Friday and can be exercised to get shares.

Friday might be the day where Melvin Capital have no choice BUT to start covering.

Now, IF this happens, then it's not gonna take Melvin Capital 1 hour to cover all their shorts, but DAYS. Meaning if Melvin capital starts covering FRIDAY, it will take them at LEAST 3 DAYS to fully cover, which means ALL of next week, the price will keep increasing and increasing! So realistically I'd say Tues or Wed next week might be peak sell time, IF the covering starts Friday. No need to panic sell. No need to worry about a top that lasts for minutes. It will LAST FOR DAYS!!!!!

Now, CNBC and all of the MM's and corrupt media will fool you into thinking Melvin Capital has already covered their shorts or some other bull****, but don't believe it. It takes DAYS to do so!

The only numbers you should be looking at is the short ratio. If it's getting smaller, then the squeeze has begun. If it's still at **** 120% like it is now, NOTHING EVEN HAPPENED YET.

We're at **** $250 after hours and the shorts still haven't begun to cover yet! Imagine when they do? $1000 is actually a very low estimate, and is no longer a meme number. If we all play it right and hold while shorts cover, we can literally squeeze this to infinity as they try to cover."

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/l7qahx/gme_squeeze/

Uhh....I think he said GE....Brick wall
FirstPrev12NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic