Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev23456NextLast
XL Pipeline Cancelled
151. Author: teedubbyaDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 4:54PM EST
delta1 wrote:
but..he's got dementia...he's sleepy...old and feeble...he's a pedo...

He like hillary will die or resign before 4 years are up because they are so sick and stuff. it is actually the plan. the dems like running people at the top that folks hate (like hillary who was very VERY sick) and then getting in office having them croak out or die then the VP who is even more terrible can take their place..... bahahahahah a master plan. it makes so much sense.

Thats not to say old the old man might not go but for Christ sakes the stoopid is fun to watch. I also heard trump won in a landslide and stuff and obama was bornin Kenya. Who writes this stuff. Reminds me of the old Billy Crystal sitcom Soap. Not in any way believable but still fun.

Ok back to the circular conversation about the most important thing ever to this country.... the xl pipeline and Drafter.
152. Author: HockeyDadDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 4:56PM EST
CelticBomber wrote:
Are you out of your mind? Four parts of the Keystone pipeline are built and pumping crude 24/7 from Canada to Texas, Illinois and Oklahoma. This was one extension of that pipeline that was killed because of the proposed route. Tonto virtue signaling? I wonder if you would have said that if it were going through another races lands.... Moron.

It wasn’t killed because of the proposed route and it wasn’t killed because of the Native Americans. They are just a pawn.

I’m sure it feels great to pretend to care about them. I’m sure you’ll eagerly await seeing the alternative pipeline routes.
153. Author: teedubbyaDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 4:57PM EST
Next lets talk about that ANWAR Sadat guy.
154. Author: delta1Date: Wed, 1/27/2021, 5:02PM EST
#151 ^^well, they made fun of libs for pointing out Trump's weak sauce and fake stuff......

he did help the rich people and big profitable American businesses that were in danger of exceeding their projected gains by only a little...without cutting any expenses...you'd think our national goal is to raise the biggest hogs...
155. Author: CelticBomberDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 5:07PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
It wasn’t killed because of the proposed route and it wasn’t killed because of the Native Americans. They are just a pawn.

I’m sure it feels great to pretend to care about them. I’m sure you’ll eagerly await seeing the alternative pipeline routes.

You need your meds adjusted.
156. Author: HockeyDadDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 5:13PM EST
delta1 wrote:
says a guy who's comfortably wrapped in his capitalist cocoon...let them eat cake...my part of the world is great for as long as I need it...F everybody else, since that's what they do...

there are growing numbers of corporations who are good citizens, that are careful not crapping on others while making a buck...and stuff...

Actually my capitalist cocoon is green energy. That is why it is so comfortable right now. Surprise!!!

Most corporations are actually good citizens. It’s just trendy to act like that isn’t true and lump them all into one stereotype.
157. Author: HockeyDadDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 5:15PM EST
CelticBomber wrote:
You need your meds adjusted.

I do not take meds but I will accept that as an excuse for you not knowing what you are talking about. It’s OK, we’ve saved the tribe lands. Group hug!
158. Author: HockeyDadDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 5:20PM EST
teedubbya wrote:

Ok back to the circular conversation about the most important thing ever to this country.... the xl pipeline and Drafter.

It’s not really circular.

Obama: I reject it.
Republicans: that’s awful and an outrage.
Trump: I approve it.
Democrats: that’s awful and an outrage.
Biden: I reject it.
Republicans: that’s awful and an outrage.

It’s binary.

HockeyDad: ship that oil to China instead! Advance green energy by force.
159. Author: delta1Date: Wed, 1/27/2021, 5:29PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
Actually my capitalist cocoon is green energy. That is why it is so comfortable right now. Surprise!!!

Most corporations are actually good citizens. It’s just trendy to act like that isn’t true and lump them all into one stereotype.

the fossil fuel industry has some that make in onto a few top 100 good corporate citizens lists...

but it is also the industry that has made climate change an existential threat...

kinda like the NCAA putting LeBron into their HOF
160. Author: RayRDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 5:35PM EST
Climate change is an existential threat? Scared What moron said that?Think
I know I heard it somewhere before.
161. Author: HockeyDadDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 5:47PM EST
delta1 wrote:
the fossil fuel industry has some that make in onto a few top 100 good corporate citizens lists...

but it is also the industry that has made climate change an existential threat...

kinda like the NCAA putting LeBron into their HOF

The fossil fuel industry also created the modern industrial era.

Kinda like the NBA putting LeBron into their HOF because LeBron invented the NBA.
162. Author: HockeyDadDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 5:50PM EST
RayR wrote:
Climate change is an existential threat? Scared What moron said that?Think
I know I heard it somewhere before.

I don’t even care what moron said it. It has been deemed as fact and we need to throw trillions of dollars at it to “fix” it. With that kind of money being thrown around there will be pitchers and catchers.

The catchers are in full support of the existential threat.

The pitchers are taxpayers.
163. Author: Smooth lightDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 6:13PM EST
If your country is over the emissions limit, you got to pay extra to stay in the club. Not us that do.

Arm, twisting can be subtle or just twist it off and beat them with it.
No exemptions!
164. Author: delta1Date: Wed, 1/27/2021, 8:26PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
I don’t even care what moron said it. It has been deemed as fact and we need to throw trillions of dollars at it to “fix” it. With that kind of money being thrown around there will be pitchers and catchers.

The catchers are in full support of the existential threat.

The pitchers are taxpayers.

of course the industrial revolution was powered by fossil fuels, along with technology that contributed to it...the fossil fuel industry also realizes that there are consequences...the fact that some are jumping on the good corporate citizenship wagon
may be more charade than earnest...

internal records among oil companies show that their risk management realized many years ago they may be on the hook for huge damages due to their role in global warming/climate change...there has been a wave of lawsuits filed all over the US, most of the world in fact...the industry could go the way of big tobacco, where they internally knew of the damage they were doing, yet lied in public...

here's a story about litigation vs Big Oil last year...not seen any settlements yet...could be years, especially if class-actions occur:

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/17012020/climate-change-fossil-fuel-company-lawsuits-timeline-exxon-children-california-cities-attorney-general/
165. Author: tonygrazDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 8:32PM EST
I haven"t seen much in the way of environmental care by business, but I have seen hiding of pollution and efforts to stop anyone from mentioning it.
166. Author: HockeyDadDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 8:58PM EST
delta1 wrote:

internal records among oil companies show that their risk management realized many years ago they may be on the hook for huge damages due to their role in global warming/climate change...there has been a wave of lawsuits filed all over the US, most of the world in fact...the industry could go the way of big tobacco, where they internally knew of the damage they were doing, yet lied in public...

here's a story about litigation vs Big Oil last year...not seen any settlements yet...could be years, especially if class-actions occur:

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/17012020/climate-change-fossil-fuel-company-lawsuits-timeline-exxon-children-california-cities-attorney-general/

Those frivolous lawsuits keep getting thrown out.

You own a car. You contribute to climate change. I’ll sue you.
167. Author: frankj1Date: Wed, 1/27/2021, 9:49PM EST
tonygraz wrote:
I haven"t seen much in the way of environmental care by business, but I have seen hiding of pollution and efforts to stop anyone from mentioning it.

some car manufacturers told Trump they did not back his attempts to erase CA's standards and future demands.

It might behoove both sides to stop assuming innate evil in others until such scorn is earned.
They become known eventually. But not all automatically plan to be devious.

168. Author: Gene363Date: Wed, 1/27/2021, 10:09PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
Those frivolous lawsuits keep getting thrown out.

You own a car. You contribute to climate change. I’ll sue you.

There you go!
169. Author: CelticBomberDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 10:18PM EST
I have a problem with the whole Global warming is all our fault. Is there global warming? Most definitely. Is it all our fault? I don't think so. Of course since the industrial revolution we've put more carbon into the atmosphere but, carbon isn't the only factor. The planets natural cycles have been heating and cooling the planet for millions of years.

Carbon offsets do nothing really. Solar? Good luck supplying the nations need for energy with solar. Our solar panels are so inefficient that it's just laughable. Wind? Expensive and kills so many birds it's not even funny while still not producing anywhere near our needs. I laugh every time I see Elon Musk post pictures of his spaceships out near Saturn with solar panels deployed. So little of the sun's energy gets out that far that our current solar panel tech can't use it. He'd need solar panels the size of the US. Electric cars? Their manufacturing process causes more pollution than they save and you still need to charge them with electricity. What will produce that electricity?

Fossil fuels are here to stay. The US has the largest untapped reserves of crude oil in the world. I think Nuclear is the way forward. The designs have changed so much since the first plants that if you looked into it you'd be wondering why we aren't using them. The US has stockpiles of rare earth metals just sitting there doing nothing. We've invested so little into processing and reprocessing spent rods that the costs are prohibitive. All that nuclear waste we've been burying can be recycled. We just don't do it because of what happened in the 60's and 70's. All research stopped. Imagine where we'd be if we had been investing in these techs for the last 50+ years. Fearmongering and bad PR ended that. We have the NRC to thank for that. Getting a license for a new reactor is impossible.

There are also HUGE amounts of frozen methane and carbonic acid laying all over our oceans floors. That's the real danger of global warming. If all that methane and carbonates start to melt there is NOTHING we would be able to do to stop a runaway chain reaction that would turn us into Venus and all life would cease to exist. We need technologies that allow us access to these resources. More efficient processing of crude and engines are being developed all the time for fossil fuels. Hydro is good but we can't built enough Hydro plants to make up the difference.

For those that don't know, Venus is the 2nd planet from the sun. But, it's hotter than Mercury because of the greenhouse gases it's covered in. Mostly Carbon Dioxide, Nitrogen and Sulfuric Acid. The ocean is the largest carbon sink with plants coming in at number two. Most people think it's the rain forests that capture the most but, it's really the tree line just below the arctic circle that captures the most. There are so many variables that we just plain ignore. Everyone is stuck on solar and wind as being our saviors that we ignore other techs that are WAY more effective.

BTW this is just the short basic version of this conversation we should be really having but, we aren't.
170. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 10:40PM EST
+1 on the nuclear option given current abilities. Some people don't realize power generation is on demand and without a major breakthrough in battery technology, wind and solar just aren't viable.

There's a definite push to shut down coal plants. Mine's slated to be finished by the end of '23, but we're pretty small overall. If too many of the big players shutter without a viable replacement, a lot of people are going to be lucky to get by with rolling brownouts
171. Author: Gene363Date: Wed, 1/27/2021, 11:32PM EST
CelticBomber wrote:
I have a problem with the whole Global warming is all our fault. Is there global warming? Most definitely. Is it all our fault? I don't think so. Of course since the industrial revolution we've put more carbon into the atmosphere but, carbon isn't the only factor. The planets natural cycles have been heating and cooling the planet for millions of years.

Carbon offsets do nothing really. Solar? Good luck supplying the nations need for energy with solar. Our solar panels are so inefficient that it's just laughable. Wind? Expensive and kills so many birds it's not even funny while still not producing anywhere near our needs. I laugh every time I see Elon Musk post pictures of his spaceships out near Saturn with solar panels deployed. So little of the sun's energy gets out that far that our current solar panel tech can't use it. He'd need solar panels the size of the US. Electric cars? Their manufacturing process causes more pollution than they save and you still need to charge them with electricity. What will produce that electricity?

Fossil fuels are here to stay. The US has the largest untapped reserves of crude oil in the world. I think Nuclear is the way forward. The designs have changed so much since the first plants that if you looked into it you'd be wondering why we aren't using them. The US has stockpiles of rare earth metals just sitting there doing nothing. We've invested so little into processing and reprocessing spent rods that the costs are prohibitive. All that nuclear waste we've been burying can be recycled. We just don't do it because of what happened in the 60's and 70's. All research stopped. Imagine where we'd be if we had been investing in these techs for the last 50+ years. Fearmongering and bad PR ended that. We have the NRC to thank for that. Getting a license for a new reactor is impossible.

There are also HUGE amounts of frozen methane and carbonic acid laying all over our oceans floors. That's the real danger of global warming. If all that methane and carbonates start to melt there is NOTHING we would be able to do to stop a runaway chain reaction that would turn us into Venus and all life would cease to exist. We need technologies that allow us access to these resources. More efficient processing of crude and engines are being developed all the time for fossil fuels. Hydro is good but we can't built enough Hydro plants to make up the difference.

For those that don't know, Venus is the 2nd planet from the sun. But, it's hotter than Mercury because of the greenhouse gases it's covered in. Mostly Carbon Dioxide, Nitrogen and Sulfuric Acid. The ocean is the largest carbon sink with plants coming in at number two. Most people think it's the rain forests that capture the most but, it's really the tree line just below the arctic circle that captures the most. There are so many variables that we just plain ignore. Everyone is stuck on solar and wind as being our saviors that we ignore other techs that are WAY more effective.

BTW this is just the short basic version of this conversation we should be really having but, we aren't.

Agree. Nuclear has got to be a large part of the solution and we need to start reprocessing spent or more accurately, used fuel. There is still a lot of energy in spent fuel that should be recovered and used. We could realize a lot of savings just increasing efficiency and reducing losses.

Tragically, just like with the COVID situation, the entire discussion has been politicized. If that wasn't bad enough the control freaks have used scare tactics similar to the misleading anti drug claims of the sixties.
172. Author: BuckyB93Date: Wed, 1/27/2021, 11:44PM EST
I have a belly button
173. Author: izonfireDate: Wed, 1/27/2021, 11:54PM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
I have a belly button

You say that so often that it makes me doubt that you do...
174. Author: CelticBomberDate: Thu, 1/28/2021, 1:16PM EST
izonfire wrote:
You say that so often that it makes me doubt that you do...

I agree. Tomorrow I will demand proof and take a pic. Cya on the VHerf Bucky... IF that's your real name....
175. Author: RayRDate: Thu, 1/28/2021, 1:36PM EST
The new dictator is being sued! Don't the ingrates know he just wants to Build Better Back\?

Biden Gets Sued Over Recent Executive Order

https://www.westernjournal.com/biden-gets-sued-recent-executive-order/?ff_source=push&ff_medium=westernjournalism&ff_campaign=pushtraffic&ff_content=2021-01-21
176. Author: BuckyB93Date: Thu, 1/28/2021, 1:51PM EST
CelticBomber wrote:
I agree. Tomorrow I will demand proof and take a pic. Cya on the VHerf Bucky... IF that's your real name....

Did Tdub implement a new biometric security measure to gain access? Password not secure enough? Do we have to flash a full frontal or just the belly button?
177. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Thu, 1/28/2021, 2:09PM EST
I did nips and button for like 3 months before tw said i was allowed to wear a shirt on the herf again... I thought it was weird but he is the doctor...
178. Author: CelticBomberDate: Thu, 1/28/2021, 2:16PM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
Did Tdub implement a new biometric security measure to gain access? Password not secure enough? Do we have to flash a full frontal or just the belly button?

I dunno if we HAVE to... But, to be safe I have flashed full frontal every other week for the last 3 months.
179. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 1/28/2021, 2:19PM EST
It' not a requirement yet but it is strongly suggested.
180. Author: ZRX1200Date: Thu, 1/28/2021, 4:56PM EST
DrafterX told me Teedubya put his belly button inside of him.
181. Author: izonfireDate: Thu, 1/28/2021, 7:09PM EST
opelmanta1900 wrote:
I did nips and button for like 3 months before tw said i was allowed to wear a shirt on the herf again... I thought it was weird but he is the doctor...

Don't ask where that stethoscope has been...
182. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 1/28/2021, 7:23PM EST
that wasn't his belly button...

sad.
183. Author: Dg west deptfordDate: Thu, 1/28/2021, 9:05PM EST
Biden hates the planet.
Pipelines are the safest, most efficient, cleanest, green way of transporting oil.
We knew he hated working men, America and babies in the womb but the planet?!
C'mon man!
184. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 1/28/2021, 9:18PM EST
but is he a cannibal pedophile?
185. Author: Smooth lightDate: Fri, 1/29/2021, 12:20AM EST
He'll be anything for a price.
186. Author: bgzDate: Fri, 1/29/2021, 9:21AM EST
Frank, they're not as quick to show themselves anymore.
187. Author: KrazeehorseDate: Fri, 1/29/2021, 9:24AM EST
frankj1 wrote:
that wasn't his belly button...

sad.

Reminds me of the old Gomer Pyle/Miss Bunny joke. Surprise surprise surprise!!
188. Author: RayRDate: Fri, 1/29/2021, 9:35AM EST
Dg west deptford wrote:
Biden hates the planet.
Pipelines are the safest, most efficient, cleanest, green way of transporting oil.
We knew he hated working men, America and babies in the womb but the planet?!
C'mon man!

Biden hates Native Americans too, unless they are woke Marxist environmentalists that is.
He'd rather have them starve and beg the Great White Chief for crumbs and welfare checks.

Why the Utes Opposed Biden's Plans to Limit Oil Drilling

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2021/01/ryan-mcmaken/why-the-utes-opposed-bidens-plans-to-limit-oil-drilling/
189. Author: frankj1Date: Fri, 1/29/2021, 11:50AM EST
bgz wrote:
Frank, they're not as quick to show themselves anymore.

I'll continue to ask them.
190. Author: ZRX1200Date: Fri, 1/29/2021, 12:09PM EST
Biden is from the Sniffahoe Tribe.
191. Author: DrafterXDate: Fri, 1/29/2021, 12:53PM EST
they suck.... Mellow
192. Author: BuckyB93Date: Fri, 1/29/2021, 1:55PM EST
...especially since they were shamed into changing their name and mascot... and stuff
193. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 1/29/2021, 1:57PM EST
they had some epic battles with the Grabatwats, tho...

won the last one, ending their wars
194. Author: BuckyB93Date: Fri, 1/29/2021, 2:14PM EST
t wa ts and ho es living in harmony... sounds pretty close to a monopoly.

Congress should break them up based on the antitrust laws. I, personally, wouldn't trust t wa ts and ho es anyway.
195. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 1/29/2021, 2:41PM EST
after the US re-joined the Paris Agreement, John Kerry, Biden's Climate Change Czar, is calling out China for slow-footing its plan, giving itself much more time to meet requirements for eliminating greenhouse gas...

greenhouse gases are what distinguishes the current period of global warming from those in the Earth's history...scientific studies and data show that during the past 650,000 years of many warming and cooling periods, the level of naturally occurring atmospheric carbon dioxide has never exceeded 300 ppm...

in 1950, we exceeded that level... and in 70 years since, we are now at 415 ppm... primarily attributable to human activities

this is real...
196. Author: RayRDate: Fri, 1/29/2021, 4:10PM EST
Isn't that what the Paris Agreement was for....allowing Chine to pollute the world with greenhouse gases while forcing the U.S. to destroy its economy? That nitwit Kerry really thinks China is going to abide by that agreement? He must be as dumb as Biden. Come'on man...progressives are just plain stupid!.

John Kerry has contributed lots of greenhouse gas emissions,, his family owns a private jet. The perfect guy to be the Climate Czar, a do as I say, don't do as I do progressive preacher.
197. Author: Smooth lightDate: Fri, 1/29/2021, 4:34PM EST
I know this hurts now, but it's for your own good...we have not clue what to do, really.

How about making better jobs, so we will desire them over what we have now.

Easier to catch flies with sugar than vinegar.
198. Author: Stogie1020Date: Fri, 1/29/2021, 4:59PM EST
Smooth light wrote:
I know this hurts now, but it's for your own good...we have not clue what to do, really.

How about making better jobs, so we will desire them over what we have now.

Easier to catch flies with sugar than vinegar.

POTUS and Dems should be incentivizing entrepreneurs to bring better green tech to market, then the industry is self supporting and has momentum.

199. Author: RayRDate: Fri, 1/29/2021, 5:23PM EST
Stogie1020 wrote:
POTUS and Dems should be incentivizing entrepreneurs to bring better green tech to market, then the industry is self supporting and has momentum.

They've tried that already, remember Obama/Biden and Solyndra? It's always the same story, funnel stolen loot to their supporters who will then fill their campaign war chests in return. That's what progressives call "incentivizing".
You expect success like what would happen under a free market to come out of a system like that?
200. Author: Stogie1020Date: Fri, 1/29/2021, 5:31PM EST
RayR wrote:
They've tried that already, remember Obama/Biden and Solyndra? It's always the same story, funnel stolen loot to their supporters who will then fill their campaign war chests in return. That's what progressives call "incentivizing".
You expect success like what would happen under a free market to come out of a system like that?

I specifically referred to bringing actual new tech to market, not "start a slush fund company you will tank in 3 years".

Have some amazing new green tech? Gov't could offer tax incentives to the company on the sales of the tech for a period of time.
FirstPrev23456NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic