Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev123NextLast
2022 NFL Playoffs Wagers
1. Author: delta1Date: Tue, 1/18/2022, 5:20PM EST
here's a place to propose, make or take a bet for the 2022 NFL Playoffs. Good luck gentlemen!!!

may the best team win...

line for Rams vs Bucs is Tampa Bay favored by 3.5...I'll take the Rams with 3 points if anybody wants the Bucs
2. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Tue, 1/18/2022, 5:24PM EST
But I will this time. 5er?
3. Author: delta1Date: Tue, 1/18/2022, 7:57PM EST
OK, thanks for the bet, Dan.
4. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Tue, 1/18/2022, 8:07PM EST
ThumpUp Here's hoping neither you nor the Rams are on a roll
5. Author: PalamaDate: Sat, 1/22/2022, 8:10PM EST
Wow, how‘bout dem Bengals?

Stinger must be dancing in the street!
6. Author: chazboDate: Sun, 1/23/2022, 1:40PM EST
Looking forward for two more great games today.
I will take Tampa Bay -2.5 if someone wants to bet a 5ver.
I will also take Kansas City -1 against the Bills.
7. Author: stinger88Date: Sun, 1/23/2022, 2:11PM EST
Palama wrote:
Wow, how‘bout dem Bengals?

Stinger must be dancing in the street!

Dry, very happy!!!!!
8. Author: delta1Date: Sun, 1/23/2022, 2:22PM EST
I'll take the Rams and 2.5 for a 5er chazbo
9. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Sun, 1/23/2022, 2:25PM EST
I will diversify my portfolio and take the Bills, chaz
10. Author: delta1Date: Sun, 1/23/2022, 2:29PM EST
Packers choked yesterday...getting the field goal blocked to close the first half, then getting a punt blocked and returned for a touchdown in the 4th quarter made it look like they were the visiting team playing in unfriendly and miserable conditions...neither team executed well, but 49ers deserve some credit for some great defense

Lambeau was supposed to be Green Bay's twelfth man when the playoffs happen in the dead of winter
11. Author: chazboDate: Sun, 1/23/2022, 2:59PM EST
Delta & SOB, game on🏈 Looking forward to both these two😁
GL
12. Author: PalamaDate: Sun, 1/23/2022, 3:20PM EST
delta1 wrote:
Packers choked yesterday...getting the field goal blocked to close the first half, then getting a punt blocked and returned for a touchdown in the 4th quarter made it look like they were the visiting team playing in unfriendly and miserable conditions...neither team executed well, but 49ers deserve some credit for some great defense

Lambeau was supposed to be Green Bay's twelfth man when the playoffs happen in the dead of winter

Cursing

Gotta play well - or at least play decently - in all three phases when you get to the playoffs. GB defense was stellar, offense okay, ST horrendous.

I thought Shanahan showing the team the 2007 NFC Championship game was brilliant. The Giants thoroughly outplayed the Favre-led Packers and Brett looked cold as hell. Despite the freezing temperatures, NY looked like the home team while GB more like a team from Florida or SoCal. The mystic of Lambeau had been broken earlier by Atlanta (2002) and Minnesota (2005) but that NFC Championship game totally gave visiting teams the hope they needed to go in and beat the Packers. Plus, the way the team is currently built, the Frozen Tundra may be more of a hindrance than an advantage. A more smashmouth, run-it-down-their-throats roster and toughness mentality would be much more suited to those conditions.
13. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Sun, 1/23/2022, 3:32PM EST
stinger88 wrote:
Dry, very happy!!!!!

I chuckle thinking back about the talk of how Burrow should refuse to go to the Bengals in the draft. Making your way through the playoffs in your second pro season doesn't seem like too bad of a move career wise
14. Author: PalamaDate: Sun, 1/23/2022, 3:40PM EST
Sunoverbeach wrote:
I chuckle thinking back about the talk of how Burrow should refuse to go to the Bengals in the draft. Making your way through the playoffs in your second pro season doesn't seem like too bad of a move career wise

Good on him! He ain’t no Elway or Eli!

Plus, he smokes cigars, how could you not love a guy like that! Herfing
15. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Sun, 1/23/2022, 4:04PM EST
OK, yes I bet on the Bucs. That doesn't mean I like Brady. LOLed at him getting the 25yd penalty for whining about contact
16. Author: PalamaDate: Sun, 1/23/2022, 4:08PM EST
Sunoverbeach wrote:
OK, yes I bet on the Bucs. That doesn't mean I like Brady. LOLed at him getting the 25yd penalty for whining about contact

Saw the Cooper Kupp TD and then got a call from my speaker guy so DGAF about football for the moment. Man, I'mma excited for tomorrow.
17. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Sun, 1/23/2022, 4:17PM EST
You getting an audio upgrade?
18. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Sun, 1/23/2022, 4:44PM EST
Prolly shoulda stuck to my don't bet against Delta plan. We'll see how the other half goes
19. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Sun, 1/23/2022, 6:27PM EST
Congrats, Al. At least I had hope there for a second
20. Author: PalamaDate: Sun, 1/23/2022, 7:09PM EST
Sunoverbeach wrote:
You getting an audio upgrade?

Have to bring the other pieces home before I figure that out. I’ve had the speakers for over 45 years and this was the 2nd re-cone job…and most likely last since the art of re-coning will be lost by the time they need to be redone (…and I’ll probably be deaf by then…). I was lucky enough to find the local guy and his cone kit supplier is down to being a one-man shop.

To maximize the life of the new cones, I opted to have an accordion-fold done as the gasket instead of the standard foam that was the norm. Probably get an additional 5 years with the fold.

Fo’ sure the news helped change the course of my weekend and put me in a much better mood than Saturday night. And now, with the Bucs losing, the cherry was placed on top of the sundae!
21. Author: PalamaDate: Sun, 1/23/2022, 7:42PM EST
Didn't realize it's been over 20 years since either SF (1995) or LAR (2000) has hoisted the Lombardi Trophy. Not that past history means anything but it has been awhile for their fans.

22. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Sun, 1/23/2022, 9:59PM EST
Congrats Chazbo. Another in a long series of reminders that I shouldn't make a career of gambling
23. Author: delta1Date: Mon, 1/24/2022, 12:42PM EST
Rams nearly choked...they were dropping footballs like hot potatoes in the 2nd half...

McVay will have to reconsider his decision to feature Akers as the primary ball carrier...Michel doesn't have Akers' speed and elusiveness, but he holds onto the ball...

Who saw these last four teams; Chiefs, Rams, Bengals and 49ers, playing for a shot at the Super Bowl after week 12? Neither of them were playing great ball then...
24. Author: chazboDate: Tue, 1/25/2022, 7:41PM EST
Hey Al,
That was some great games this past weekend. Nice to see Stafford with a winning tea.
Pm me your addy please.
Thanks
25. Author: delta1Date: Wed, 1/26/2022, 9:26PM EST
I'll take Rams -3.5...anybody want the 49ers?
26. Author: cashmoneydaveDate: Thu, 1/27/2022, 11:24AM EST
I’ll wait for the super bowl bet. Hopefully my college pickems trade credit is still good!
27. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 1/27/2022, 1:23PM EST
I would bet with you...
28. Author: cashmoneydaveDate: Thu, 1/27/2022, 5:28PM EST
ok cool thanks, super bowl here we come!!!
29. Author: schuslerDate: Thu, 1/27/2022, 8:06PM EST
fog
30. Author: PalamaDate: Fri, 1/28/2022, 2:13PM EST
Hey Al, didja get your tickets from Kelly Stafford yet?

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2022/01/27/kelly-stafford-buying-tickets-rams-49ers-nfc-championship-game-sofi-stadium
31. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Fri, 1/28/2022, 2:56PM EST
I've been telling myself it's a bad idea to go chasing my smokes, but I'm not good at following advice

I'll take the 49ers +3.5, Al
32. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 1/28/2022, 8:12PM EST
OK, Dan...you've got a bet...apologies for my refusal to offer the usual platitudes and well wishes because I absolutely want to see the Rams knock the tar outta the 49ers...

this run of dominance over the Rams since the 80's ends right here...right now...

I was a Los Angeles Rams fan growing up the early 60's, during the heyday of Roman Gabriel, Dicky Bass, Jon Arnett, Jack Snow and the Fearsome Foursome....gave up following them when they bailed on L.A. and moved to Anaheim, then fled to St. Louis in '94 (already hated that city, as the Cardinals eliminated the Dodgers in the playoffs in the 80's and several more times while the Rams were in S.L.)...at the time they left, they were the 49ers' toys since the Joe Montana days in the 80's...

then they return a few years ago...I'm a Ram fan again...they go to the Super Bowl...and the 49ers still owned them...as if nothing changed.
33. Author: BuckyB93Date: Fri, 1/28/2022, 8:22PM EST
I'll take the Packers vs the field for $1M.
34. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 1/28/2022, 8:33PM EST
Palama wrote:
Hey Al, didja get your tickets from Kelly Stafford yet?

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2022/01/27/kelly-stafford-buying-tickets-rams-49ers-nfc-championship-game-sofi-stadium

what a PR nightmare...Rams should just accept that their money grabbing departure to St. Louis left Los Angeles football fans feeling betrayed ...and motivated them to look for other teams, including the 49ers, to support...many will not go back to the Rams because they've died or moved...a 20 year absence is a long while and will require time and victories and playoff success to recover from and build a new fan base...

trying to keep 49er fans out of SoFi for this game was a minor league move doomed from the start...
35. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Fri, 1/28/2022, 8:44PM EST
So is that if the Packers don't win the super bowl it's $1m or do they have to go undefeated next year? Either way, I'd take that bet in a heartbeat
36. Author: BuckyB93Date: Fri, 1/28/2022, 9:10PM EST
Sunoverbeach wrote:
So is that if the Packers don't win the super bowl it's $1m or do they have to go undefeated next year? Either way, I'd take that bet in a heartbeat

I'm still in denial. Last week didn't happen.
37. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Fri, 1/28/2022, 9:21PM EST
Well I fully support your grieving process. So you're on, sir. $1m it is
38. Author: PalamaDate: Sat, 1/29/2022, 3:03PM EST
delta1 wrote:
what a PR nightmare...Rams should just accept that their money grabbing departure to St. Louis left Los Angeles football fans feeling betrayed ...and motivated them to look for other teams, including the 49ers, to support...many will not go back to the Rams because they've died or moved...a 20 year absence is a long while and will require time and victories and playoff success to recover from and build a new fan base...

trying to keep 49er fans out of SoFi for this game was a minor league move doomed from the start...

So, I take that as a no, as far as getting tickets to the game. Anxious

It’s a total shame that the Rams ownership (…no matter who it was…) basically followed the money. Whether it was their move from Cleveland to LA then LA to St. Louis and back, the smell of the green was the leading factor. And least we forget, how ‘bout the “trade” between Irsay and Rosenbloom back in the ‘70s? When you put it all together, the Rams franchise has had a pretty interesting history.

Nonetheless, given the 49ers dominance over the Packers in the playoffs recently, I’ll be pulling for LA to upset the faux home team (…yes, I know the Rams are the betting line favorite but 6 straight losses to the Niners makes SF seem like the team to beat…).
39. Author: PalamaDate: Sat, 1/29/2022, 3:07PM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
I'm still in denial. Last week didn't happen.

That makes two of us.

But hey, picking up my woofers on Monday sure changed my general mood this week. Got my spool of 12 gauge, OFC copper wire the other day so really need to get down to storage and get my rack and equipment back. Should also bring back a few boxes of CDs too. Wifey ain’t gonna like any of those moves.
40. Author: schuslerDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 9:26AM EST
Who wants to bet?
41. Author: schuslerDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 2:54PM EST
Brick wall
42. Author: PalamaDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 6:11PM EST
Oh my! Gonz

Ben-gals can win it with a FG!

Bet Stinger88 is glued to his TV right now. Pray
43. Author: PalamaDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 6:20PM EST
No FRANKING way!

Imagine the people that put in a preseason bet for Cincy to win the Super Bowl! No idea what the odds were but probably close to 1000 to 1.

Congrats Stinger! ThumpUp
44. Author: stinger88Date: Sun, 1/30/2022, 6:44PM EST
It was a three cigar kinda game!!! Thanks Conan.

What a game!!!! I now have a new superstition…..I have to smoke an Arturo Fuente during the game. Smoked a nice Montecristo CC and we were down quick. Switched over to AF and we started our comeback. Finished with a WOAM, curtesy of a certain Generous Hawaiian. And we won.

The previous 2 games I smoked AF and they won.

Sure wish the Super Bowl was in the east. I would probably drop some cash and go.

Damn, what a great day!!!!!!!!!

David
45. Author: PalamaDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 8:05PM EST
^^^ ThumpUp ^^^
46. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 8:11PM EST
So I just need to find the right cigar for Chicago. With my luck, it's probably a White Owl
47. Author: PalamaDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 8:11PM EST
Delta must be nervously pacing around his Man-cave right now. Blink
48. Author: PalamaDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 8:12PM EST
Sunoverbeach wrote:
So I just need to find the right cigar for Chicago. With my luck, it's probably a White Owl

Pineapple? Think
49. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 8:15PM EST
I can only hope so. I hear they're the best
50. Author: Jakethesnake86Date: Sun, 1/30/2022, 9:20PM EST
Nah. It’s the grape, That’s what they’re saying now. Pineapple is so last month.
FirstPrev123NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic