Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to Reply
FirstPrev11151116111711181119NextLast
What'cha Smok'in Azzhats 1,000,000!!!!
55801. Author: clintCigarDate: Tue, 1/25/2022, 4:41PM EST
69382-69385 - La Flor Dominicana La Volcada Petite (x4)
69386 - Tatuaje Cohetes Broadleaf
55802. Author: delta1Date: Tue, 1/25/2022, 5:20PM EST
69387 -- Ashton ESG
69388 -- La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Reserva
55803. Author: Jakethesnake86Date: Tue, 1/25/2022, 7:38PM EST
69389 unbranded lancero Dominican overrun. It was just awful. What a crappy smoke. Shot my best round of golf all year. But yeah what a crumby smoke. It was like smoking a cigar that’s been put out 12 times two days ago and relighting today. Yeah it sucked
55804. Author: LeeBotDate: Tue, 1/25/2022, 7:42PM EST
^ So did you like it or not?
55805. Author: tonygrazDate: Tue, 1/25/2022, 8:15PM EST
69390 - Nicaraguan Cream robusto
69391 - PDR A Crop Oscuro toro
55806. Author: PalamaDate: Wed, 1/26/2022, 12:28AM EST
#6NINE,3NINE2 (I hope) - Tat Musubi

55807. Author: Jakethesnake86Date: Wed, 1/26/2022, 12:48AM EST
69393 man o war armada corona gorda. Dig it

Lee I have about 18 more of those things. Are you suggesting you want one ??
55808. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Wed, 1/26/2022, 5:55AM EST
Think he's suggesting he wants about 18 of them
Beer
55809. Author: deadeyedickDate: Wed, 1/26/2022, 9:39AM EST
69394 - Oliva Melanio Maduro - liked it. Not sure if as much as the Pledge but close.
55810. Author: LeeBotDate: Wed, 1/26/2022, 2:59PM EST
^ Yea, I like those.

And no, Jake, I am NOT suggesting that I want one. I was just curious what you thought about it because you seemed kinda on the fence.
55811. Author: fiddler898Date: Wed, 1/26/2022, 5:50PM EST
For some reason, though I really like the Olivia V, the Melanio doesn’t do anything for me. Go figure.

69395: Tat Black CG.
55812. Author: Stogie1020Date: Wed, 1/26/2022, 6:23PM EST
fiddler898 wrote:
For some reason, though I really like the Olivia V, the Melanio doesn’t do anything for me. Go figure


ditto, although I may try the melanio maduro some time. Love the V.
55813. Author: delta1Date: Wed, 1/26/2022, 9:33PM EST
69396 -- AJ Fernandez Dias de Gloria
55814. Author: LeeBotDate: Wed, 1/26/2022, 9:54PM EST
69397 - Perdomo 10th Anni Maduro perfecto
69398 - Stolen Throne 3 Kingdoms robusto
55815. Author: PalamaDate: Thu, 1/27/2022, 1:44AM EST
#6NINE,3NINENINE - Warped Serie Gran Reserva 1988

Thanks to Marcus and his nOOb PIB buttkicking last April.
55816. Author: Terry28Date: Thu, 1/27/2022, 10:38AM EST
Probably an unpopular opinion but the SOA stick is pretty good with morning coffee. Then again everything I smoke in the morning is enjoyable.
55817. Author: clintCigarDate: Thu, 1/27/2022, 10:53AM EST
69400 - 2012 By Oscar Maduro
69401 - Room101 Naked Booth
55818. Author: Stogie1020Date: Thu, 1/27/2022, 11:00AM EST
69402 - Sancho Panza Double Maduro
55819. Author: cashmoneydaveDate: Thu, 1/27/2022, 11:15AM EST
69403 - Casa Fuente
55820. Author: LeeBotDate: Thu, 1/27/2022, 11:30AM EST
Terry28 wrote:
Probably an unpopular opinion but the SOA stick is pretty good with morning coffee. Then again everything I smoke in the morning is enjoyable.

I don't know what SOA is, but yeah, almost any cigar tastes good to me in the morning. That's why I've avoided smoking morning cigars for a while, don't want to get in the habit again.
55821. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 1/27/2022, 1:13PM EST
so Terry28 smoked a cigar and listed it here, correct?

Shouldn't it be added to the count?

And shouldn't he post a number next time he posts that he smoked a cigar?

c'mon, noob, get wit da program!!!

BTW, welcome to the madhouse...why did it take 2 months to decide to post?

55822. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 1/27/2022, 1:13PM EST
number correction

69405 -- Oliva O
55823. Author: tonygrazDate: Thu, 1/27/2022, 5:09PM EST
69406 - Villazon Maduro robusto
55824. Author: clintCigarDate: Thu, 1/27/2022, 5:55PM EST
LeeBot wrote:
I don't know what SOA is

I'm pretty sure that stands for Sons of Anarchy. I think I have a 5er of those somewhere.

delta1 wrote:
so Terry28 smoked a cigar and listed it here, correct?

Shouldn't it be added to the count?

And shouldn't he post a number next time he posts that he smoked a cigar?

c'mon, noob, get wit da program!!!

BTW, welcome to the madhouse...why did it take 2 months to decide to post?

Did he smoke it? Seemed more like a statement about a stick to me lol. I'll go with it though. BigGrin

55825. Author: clintCigarDate: Thu, 1/27/2022, 5:56PM EST
69407 - Black Works Studios Rorschach
69408 - Not Tony by Jochy Blanco
55826. Author: Dg west deptfordDate: Thu, 1/27/2022, 6:36PM EST
Ok, I need feedback on the not Tony please
55827. Author: Jakethesnake86Date: Thu, 1/27/2022, 9:04PM EST
69409 Gilberto Oliva noir belicoso
55828. Author: LeeBotDate: Thu, 1/27/2022, 9:57PM EST
69409 (sort of) - Caldwell E.S. Midnight Express toro. It was good, but the robusto is better. Generally, I like 50 ring gauge toros, but 52? Not as much. Size isn't everything.
55829. Author: clintCigarDate: Fri, 1/28/2022, 12:40AM EST
Dg west deptford wrote:
Ok, I need feedback on the not Tony please

I was really enjoying it until it started tunneling about halfway through. It was for sure the roll b/c I had others in the same bag and they smoked great and they had been in that bag the same amount of time.. I'm a get another.




69410 - Black Works Studios Killer Bee
55830. Author: PalamaDate: Fri, 1/28/2022, 12:59AM EST
#6NINE,411 - La Aurora Preferido #1 Maduro

Been sitting for 8 years waiting to be ashed up. Time to make it's dreams come true.
55831. Author: deadeyedickDate: Fri, 1/28/2022, 8:59AM EST
69412 - Fuente 858 Rosado 2016
55832. Author: Stogie1020Date: Fri, 1/28/2022, 11:11AM EST
69413 - E. P. Carrillo Seleccion Escuro torpedo
55833. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Fri, 1/28/2022, 11:59AM EST
Still countin'

Notes of interest:
nnightmar one of the first to note there would need to be a lot more posters to reach a million in a reasonable time. About 5k/yr posted at that time, so estimated back then to be about 200yrs to finish

Shiny new noobs Delta, Opelmanta, Numismaniac, Csgamecock, and Celticbomber jumping into the scene. Opel appears to have smoked his share of Gurkhas back in the day

Smokes I used to think were just jokes, but apparently existed:
Kinky Friedman Texas Jewboy
Donkey Droppings - Viaje I think?

Feeling historically edumacated
55834. Author: cashmoneydaveDate: Fri, 1/28/2022, 12:34PM EST
69414 - Padron 1926 Series No. 35 Maduro
55835. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 1/28/2022, 1:39PM EST
69415 -- L'Atelier Cote d'Or 2017
69416 -- Aladino Corojo Reserva, much better after a few months rest
55836. Author: PalamaDate: Fri, 1/28/2022, 2:10PM EST
Sunoverbeach wrote:
Still countin'

Notes of interest:
nnightmar one of the first to note there would need to be a lot more posters to reach a million in a reasonable time. About 5k/yr posted at that time, so estimated back then to be about 200yrs to finish

Shiny new noobs Delta, Opelmanta, Numismaniac, Csgamecock, and Celticbomber jumping into the scene. Opel appears to have smoked his share of Gurkhas back in the day

Smokes I used to think were just jokes, but apparently existed:
Kinky Friedman Texas Jewboy
Donkey Droppings - Viaje I think?

Feeling historically edumacated


After only a few pages of counting, I fully realized how daunting a task this is gonna be. Although I’ve tried to just count the cigars, sometimes hard not to read some of the comments or conversations. Also gained a better appreciation of some of the, unknown to me, brands that had been gifted to me by FOGs.

I don’t know if this is cool to throw out there but iffin’ anyone else would like to lend a hand, I’mma sure SOB would gladly appreciate it.

Herfing
55837. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Fri, 1/28/2022, 2:49PM EST
Many an azzhat rabbit hole I've been drawn down. Fairly conditioned now to write down the last number in my head before sidetracking too far
55838. Author: Stogie1020Date: Fri, 1/28/2022, 3:31PM EST
Any chance someone could obtain a text output of the entire thread, hopefully in CSV/TSV format with a row for each post?

I might be able to make some magic from that.
55839. Author: Jakethesnake86Date: Fri, 1/28/2022, 6:49PM EST
69417 Caldwell blind mans bluff
55840. Author: clintCigarDate: Fri, 1/28/2022, 7:20PM EST
Stogie1020 wrote:
Any chance someone could obtain a text output of the entire thread, hopefully in CSV/TSV format with a row for each post?

I might be able to make some magic from that.

I could probably write some code to parse all the web pages in here and pull the numbers into a txt/csv format. The problem though for me is making time to actually do it.



69418 - Mr. Robot Fumador by Mr. Robot Cigars
55841. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Fri, 1/28/2022, 9:43PM EST
I do need help with one thing. I keep seeing VSU referenced when talking about smoking one cigar or another. What is this? I checked the abbreviations list but didn't see it. Thought it was a blend at first, but then saw it applied to different cigars

I'm sure I'll feel stupid once I learn, but in the meantime I'm deathly curious
55842. Author: Dg west deptfordDate: Fri, 1/28/2022, 10:28PM EST
Know I gotta know what VSU means before a cat gets killed

69419 EZ Vogue Tiger
69420 Maestro del Tiempo
69421 Illusione LGC Rex
55843. Author: frankj1Date: Fri, 1/28/2022, 10:44PM EST
Sunoverbeach wrote:
I do need help with one thing. I keep seeing VSU referenced when talking about smoking one cigar or another. What is this? I checked the abbreviations list but didn't see it. Thought it was a blend at first, but then saw it applied to different cigars

I'm sure I'll feel stupid once I learn, but in the meantime I'm deathly curious

it was something an MIA poster came up with years ago (maybe Marcel?) and it was something like Volume of Smoke Units as a way to "measure" what one would exhale


something like that.
55844. Author: tonygrazDate: Fri, 1/28/2022, 10:54PM EST
69422 - 5 Vegas Gold toro.
55845. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Fri, 1/28/2022, 11:05PM EST
Got it. Thank you, sir
55846. Author: frankj1Date: Fri, 1/28/2022, 11:08PM EST
Sunoverbeach wrote:
Got it. Thank you, sir

there is a reference in the "commonly used" thread, volumetric or something.
Maybe it wasn't that Marcel guy.
55847. Author: LeeBotDate: Fri, 1/28/2022, 11:17PM EST
clintCigar wrote:
I could probably write some code to parse all the web pages in here and pull the numbers into a txt/csv format. The problem though for me is making time to actually do it.



I thought about asking my better half for some kinda help like that, but we would still have the rando posts where people list cigars they smoked, sometimes in conversation, but they aren't numbered. That's one of the things that gets me off on distracted tangents because I have to read comments to see if they are talking about cigars in the middle of the conversation, then I get caught up in the back and forth and forget what number I was on and why I was reading the post to begin with. Brick wall
55848. Author: Dg west deptfordDate: Fri, 1/28/2022, 11:27PM EST
Having no confidence in the cbid count is like a square that isn't absolutely true
55849. Author: PalamaDate: Sat, 1/29/2022, 1:10AM EST
#6NINE,423 (until proven wrong) - AF 8-5-8 SG

From a trade with Shaun back in 2017.
55850. Author: Jakethesnake86Date: Sat, 1/29/2022, 10:20AM EST
69424 tatuaje cabaiguan robusto
FirstPrev11151116111711181119NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to Top