Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev12345NextLast
" The Bat out of Hell 500"
1. Author: Ram27Date: Wed, 1/26/2022, 8:07AM EST
In honor of Meat Loaf .
2. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Wed, 1/26/2022, 8:50AM EST
……….. Unofficially approved, with your approval of course. I think.
3. Author: Gene363Date: Wed, 1/26/2022, 8:52AM EST
Congratulations Ram, RIP Meatloaf, and the title is perfect.

4. Author: Gene363Date: Wed, 1/26/2022, 8:53AM EST
Good Wednesday Morning! It's 29° on the way to 54° today and I'm back to the range again.
5. Author: deadeyedickDate: Wed, 1/26/2022, 9:14AM EST
Happy hump day ya varmints.

I am headed out to Barrett-Jaction for the day. My younger brother is looking for a late 60s Camaro to replace his 70s Vette but we will be just shopping not buying as better deals can be had dealing direct instead of through any auction.

A year ago I was kinda interested in buying a unicorn such as a Shelby 350, Corvette L88, Hemi Cuda or similar. Even had the wife semi-convinced that it would be a good portfolio diversification but I couldn't convince myself. Those kind of car are not drivers and you are mostly just a caretaker of it. I enjoy driving mine more than just having it sitting in the garage hoping it appreciates.
6. Author: danmdevriesDate: Wed, 1/26/2022, 9:16AM EST
-9F this morning.

Boys school doing e-learning day because of the cold.
7. Author: danmdevriesDate: Wed, 1/26/2022, 9:26AM EST
Ded, I'm with you. I'm a car guy but not a museum car guy. Fun cars are fun because you drive them.

A childhood friend of mine is in the museum/investment camp. He has two cars with less than 5k miles. Takes them from the barn to a trailer to a carshow, back on the trailer and into the garage.

Got another friend who likes exotics and modifies them to his liking, drives them year round and to/from the racetrack. Right now he's doing a twin turbo setup on one of Bam Margeras (of Jackass fame) old Lamborghinis and was ripping donuts in the snow the other day.
8. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Wed, 1/26/2022, 9:36AM EST
I always wanted one if the old Shelbys, Bosses, or Mach 1s w/the CJ. I would garner some hate though 'cause I'd have to drive the wheels off those fuggers
9. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Wed, 1/26/2022, 9:38AM EST
Oh yeah. Is this the new 500?
10. Author: Speyside2Date: Wed, 1/26/2022, 9:39AM EST
Cars are meant for driving. I have never owned a trailer virgin and never will. Hello there.
11. Author: deadeyedickDate: Wed, 1/26/2022, 10:08AM EST
Speyside2 wrote:
Cars are meant for driving. I have never owned a trailer virgin and never will. Hello there.

You drive that L82 or sell it?
12. Author: MACSDate: Wed, 1/26/2022, 10:19AM EST
My neighbor's mom when I was growing up had a green and white Hemi 'Cuda.
13. Author: Speyside2Date: Wed, 1/26/2022, 11:02AM EST
Drive it.
14. Author: Speyside2Date: Wed, 1/26/2022, 11:03AM EST
It's a L72.
15. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Wed, 1/26/2022, 11:19AM EST
Kitchen remodeling team came in, filled my wife’s head with all sorts of ideas.

Oh boy. Brick wall
16. Author: MACSDate: Wed, 1/26/2022, 1:25PM EST
^Just roll with it, bro. Happy wife... and all that.
17. Author: Ram27Date: Wed, 1/26/2022, 1:54PM EST
8trackdisco wrote:

Oh boy. Brick wall

Hi ho hi ho it's back to work 8track goes!!!!LOL
18. Author: plinytheelderDate: Wed, 1/26/2022, 2:02PM EST
8, we just had our kitchen redone. $31k for both the kitchen and the master bath shower and floor. Bought a house with a too-small kitchen, spent months getting it redone, and found it was worth every penny.

Happy wife = happy life.
19. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Wed, 1/26/2022, 3:36PM EST
Ram27 wrote:
Hi ho hi ho it's back to work 8track goes!!!!LOL

Blink
20. Author: BuckyB93Date: Wed, 1/26/2022, 3:43PM EST
8trackdisco wrote:

Oh boy. Brick wall

Short of putting on an addition and/or adding more living space via repurposed attic, basement, a kitchen remodel is one of the biggest returns on investment for homeowners.
21. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Wed, 1/26/2022, 5:28PM EST
Metal trash picking today in the cold!!
Seperating in garage with closed door...
Feet get cold easy...
ALMOST ALL METAL TODAY ..NO RESELLABLE merch at
All...which is odd...finding great vaccines lately...three barely used ones, that were super clean..reach peeps chuck good stuff..
Found five computer towers in rich neighborhoods...only one had the hard drive in it...
Seperating E-BOARDS for gold, lead, copper , brass retrieval...
This is new to me ..watching several YouTube videos...way to much to learn quickly...it will take time ..and I'll prolly get f**ked till I know what I'm doing ..AS USUAL..
22. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Wed, 1/26/2022, 5:29PM EST
VAccums -=vaccines
23. Author: dkeageDate: Wed, 1/26/2022, 6:14PM EST
Mr. Jones wrote:
VAccums -=vaccines

R U saying they suck? Think
24. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Wed, 1/26/2022, 7:01PM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
Short of putting on an addition and/or adding more living space via repurposed attic, basement, a kitchen remodel is one of the biggest returns on investment for homeowners.

Yeah, I understand that. Kitchens and bathrooms are the money makers. Depending on which route she wants to go, supposedly will pay for itself in 7-10 years. I should be dead by then. All parties are in favor.
25. Author: MACSDate: Wed, 1/26/2022, 7:40PM EST
I feel ya brother... need to replace the appliances, at a minimum, soon... or GTFO of here.

I would prefer to GTFO of here.
26. Author: frankj1Date: Wed, 1/26/2022, 9:23PM EST
Mr. Jones wrote:
VAccums -=vaccines

but it was sooo great as vaccines
27. Author: delta1Date: Wed, 1/26/2022, 9:55PM EST
plinytheelder wrote:
8, we just had our kitchen redone. $31k for both the kitchen and the master bath shower and floor. Bought a house with a too-small kitchen, spent months getting it redone, and found it was worth every penny.

Happy wife = happy life.

ditto for us...my wife liked the house but wanted a slightly different kitchen and a much different master bath...(I liked it the way it was, but what do I know?)

Happy wife = happy life

PS: I do most of the cooking and really appreciate the changes we made...
28. Author: corey sellersDate: Thu, 1/27/2022, 6:07AM EST
Morning gents
29. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Thu, 1/27/2022, 6:14AM EST
Morning, Mr. Sellers, and a happy Thurs to allayouse
30. Author: Ram27Date: Thu, 1/27/2022, 6:46AM EST
Thirsty Thursday greetings.............Beer
31. Author: Burner02Date: Thu, 1/27/2022, 6:57AM EST
35/62 and going to be sunny. No rain in forecast until next Tue.

Prepping a 7.5lb brisket flat to put on the BGE around 0900 this morning. I will go at 250 until reaching 160 internal. At that time I will wrap and place back on and finish at 200 internal. Im also using cherry and pecan during the cook.

It should be a 7.5 to 8 hour cook.
32. Author: deadeyedickDate: Thu, 1/27/2022, 8:02AM EST
Going to Barrett-Jackson is like going to Disneyland for car guys. There are hundreds of things to do like free thrill rides, demos, etc but there is no friggin' way you can see 2000 cars along with boats, helicopters, personal jets, campers, etc in one day. But we tried.
33. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 1/27/2022, 9:16AM EST
22 degrees. Fantastic!

Going to get gassed up and a car wash. Get one layer of salt and dirt off at least.
34. Author: danmdevriesDate: Thu, 1/27/2022, 9:36AM EST
22F felt warm walking out of work this morning after yesterday.

Went out back to feed and water the chickens. All yesterday's eggs that froze and cracked had thawed and made a huge mess in the nesting boxes. I knew it would happen, but I couldn't get myself to go outside yesterday to take them out.
35. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 1/27/2022, 9:55AM EST
Yeah... boat shows are no bueno for me. So much "what if".
36. Author: Gene363Date: Thu, 1/27/2022, 9:56AM EST
Good Thursday Morning! It clear and 36°on the way to 54° today
37. Author: Burner02Date: Thu, 1/27/2022, 10:11AM EST
Brisket on at 0900.
38. Author: rfenstDate: Thu, 1/27/2022, 10:41AM EST
Oy Vey!

My 17year-old niece is having a serious psychological issue, which her mother is not capable of assisting with due to an other family issue. I went with her to her psychologist yesterday and her psychiatrist this morning.

She is probably going to need to move in with us for a bit to get her out of what is going on in her family. Not excited about this, but I must do what needs to be done to help her, no matter what disruption it may cause.
39. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 1/27/2022, 10:52AM EST
rfenst wrote:
Oy Vey!

My 17year-old niece is having a serious psychological issue, which her mother is not capable of assisting with due to an other family issue. I went with her to her psychologist yesterday and her psychiatrist this morning.

She is probably going to need to move in with us for a bit to get her out of what is going on in her family. Not excited about this, but I must do what needs to be done to help her, no matter what disruption it may cause.

First rule of Life. Show Up.
You are Showing Up.
Am not surprised in the least.
Good on you, Robert.
40. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 1/27/2022, 11:19AM EST
Burner02 wrote:
Brisket on at 0900.

Mmmmm... brisket. Had some Tuesday. Last time I cooked one the wife froze some. Nice surprise.
41. Author: RMAN4443Date: Thu, 1/27/2022, 1:35PM EST
delta1 wrote:
ditto for us...my wife liked the house but wanted a slightly different kitchen and a much different master bath...(I liked it the way it was, but what do I know?)

Happy wife = happy life

PS: I do most of the cooking and really appreciate the changes we made...

Shame on you Not PC to use that term anymore...they say it's racist...BLM
42. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 1/27/2022, 3:39PM EST
Doing an experiment over the next 24 hours. Saw a YouTube video of a guy cooking a chuck roast in the sous vide for 24 hours at 131 degrees... then throwing it on a wicked hot grill to sear it.

He says it's better than ribeye... and damned if it didn't look delicious. Soooooo... I gotta try it.

Seasoned it with EVOO, fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt. Vacuum sealed it and dropped it in the water bath at 135 until tomorrow around 11:45am. I'll sear it tomorrow when it's done and see if it's better'n a ribeye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fykX4_3Sf5o < That's the video.
43. Author: BuckyB93Date: Thu, 1/27/2022, 3:55PM EST
Couple NY strips tonight, baked potato or some tater-tots tossed in a Taco John's copy of their seasoning mix that I found on the web (https://www.thefoodhussy.com/food-hussy-recipe-taco-johns-potato-ole/). Some days I miss the good Potato Olés® which were a dietary staple in my college yrs.

I I've read here that some don't like the NY strip cut but it's prolly my first choice when looking for steaks at the grocery store. Each to their own.

Prolly follow it up with a a post beef an tater cat nap then more homework. I live such an exciting life.
44. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 1/27/2022, 4:50PM EST
Yeah... you do live an exciting life. Mine consists of coffee, dump, dog park, shower... wtf do I do today... watch tv, grocery shop, laundry, another dog walk? Talk to the wife when she gets home... have a bite for dinner, watch tv... rinse, repeat.

As Homer Simpson says... booooo-riiiing.

Buddy is prolly gonna need help shoveling dirt tomorrow... that should be fun.

Not the Frank and Drafter kind of dirt shoveling. Anxious He was prepping the yard for concrete and turf.
45. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 1/27/2022, 8:32PM EST
MACS wrote:
Yeah... you do live an exciting life. Mine consists of coffee, dump, dog park, shower... wtf do I do today... watch tv, grocery shop, laundry, another dog walk? Talk to the wife when she gets home... have a bite for dinner, watch tv... rinse, repeat.

As Homer Simpson says... booooo-riiiing.

Buddy is prolly gonna need help shoveling dirt tomorrow... that should be fun.

Not the Frank and Drafter kind of dirt shoveling. Anxious He was prepping the yard for concrete and turf.

A little more activity than that today.

Car wash, inflated the tires, gassed up. Dog walk. Mail. Returned the garbage can from the street.

Tomorrow, taking my wife to get her near annual (perhaps anal-ual is more fitting) scoping.

Picked up a one day (Monday) a week job as a courier of sorts.

Considering getting a Tuesday job. If I could find something low stress on body and mind, I would call myself semi-retired and still preserve 5 day weekends.

Shawn,
Add to your daily list- Get Adora to move out of Cali.
46. Author: BuckyB93Date: Fri, 1/28/2022, 2:43AM EST
Kinda giddy.

Scored a set of plane tickets tonight for about $275ish round trip Boston to Milwaukee (final destination is Waupun and Green Bay via land) in late July. Me and my two kids heading back to the homeland to visit the family and catch a day or two at the EAA air show in July. Flights into the smaller airfields like Green Bay, Madison, Appleton are going for about $500 with a layover in Chicago or Detroit (likely due to the air show traffic) so we'll touch down in Milw and have my bro come get us. Also in tow, the 90 yr old brother's mother-in-law for her biannual trip to visit.

Should be a great time. Been watching the prices and they have been floating around $400 round trip with layovers in NJ or Det. Blah... didn't want to to that gig. I was happy to see the $275 non-stop come up on my search.

Not sure work will be too pleased with me taking another couple weeks off but if I have the PTO, I'll burn it. If not, I'll take it without pay. If its and issue, they can suck my left nut... it just silly job at Walmart after all.

With that said.... there's folks out there that try to get away with a drinking $0.92 bottle of Key Lime seltzer water without paying for it. Them's the ones you really need to watch out for....
47. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Fri, 1/28/2022, 6:25AM EST
Happy Friday, peoples. Looking for a high note to finish the week on. Maybe a sick day? Awful tempting
48. Author: Burner02Date: Fri, 1/28/2022, 6:30AM EST
It is going to be another great day on the gulf coast. 45/55,cloudy to partly cloudy and clearing this afternoon.
49. Author: Ram27Date: Fri, 1/28/2022, 6:40AM EST
Friday greetings enjoy today & weekend. RollEyes
50. Author: corey sellersDate: Fri, 1/28/2022, 8:35AM EST
Morning gents
FirstPrev12345NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic