Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev12NextLast
Can Things Get Worse in the U.S Under Buffoon Biden-Hope So!
51. Author: Speyside2Date: Tue, 5/24/2022, 7:51AM EST
I think perhaps there is a better question to be asked Robert, though it will be rhetorical given there will be no answer of the question. What is it like to live in constant fear?
52. Author: burning_sticksDate: Tue, 5/24/2022, 8:08AM EST
I've long thought people get what they deserve from their actions, I've rarely been proved wrong. If you really want to see things get bad impeach Biden and install Harris as President.
53. Author: RayRDate: Tue, 5/24/2022, 9:04AM EST
rfenst wrote:
What is it like to live in fear that others may vote differently than you?

Robert, you're not very astute on American history and the founding principles of that generation.
Even some of my least favorite of the founders feared the abuses of democracy based on their knowledge of democracy in world history. What's your problem?
People who push democracy as a sacred sacrament that should be expanded ad infinitum especially on a national basis, as the main abusers the progressives do are really itching for the decay of civilization into tyranny through mobocracy whether they realize it or not.

Worth reading, Eric Peters assembled this bit of information on...

What the Founders Thought About Democracy

Quote:
Consider the words of the Founding Fathers themselves, who — one after another — condemned democracy.

• Virginia’s Edmund Randolph participated in the 1787 convention. Demonstrating a clear grasp of democracy’s inherent dangers, he reminded his colleagues during the early weeks of the Constitutional Convention that the purpose for which they had gathered was “to provide a cure for the evils under which the United States labored; that in tracing these evils to their origin every man had found it in the turbulence and trials of democracy….”

• John Adams, a signer of the Declaration of Independence, championed the new Constitution in his state precisely because it would not create a democracy. “Democracy never lasts long,” he noted. “It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself.” He insisted, “There was never a democracy that ‘did not commit suicide.’”

• New York’s Alexander Hamilton, in a June 21, 1788 speech urging ratification of the Constitution in his state, thundered: “It has been observed that a pure democracy if it were practicable would be the most perfect government. Experience has proved that no position is more false than this. The ancient democracies in which the people themselves deliberated never possessed one good feature of government. Their very character was tyranny; their figure deformity.” Earlier, at the Constitutional Convention, Hamilton stated: “We are a Republican Government. Real liberty is never found in despotism or in the extremes of Democracy.”

• James Madison, who is rightly known as the “Father of the Constitution,” wrote in The Federalist, No. 10: “… democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security, or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they are violent in their deaths.” The Federalist Papers, recall, were written during the time of the ratification debate to encourage the citizens of New York to support the new Constitution.

• George Washington, who had presided over the Constitutional Convention and later accepted the honor of being chosen as the first President of the United States under its new Constitution, indicated during his inaugural address on April 30, 1789, that he would dedicate himself to “the preservation … of the republican model of government.”

• Fisher Ames served in the U.S. Congress during the eight years of George Washington’s presidency. A prominent member of the Massachusetts convention that ratified the Constitution for that state, he termed democracy “a government by the passions of the multitude, or, no less correctly, according to the vices and ambitions of their leaders.” On another occasion, he labeled democracy’s majority rule one of “the intermediate stages towards … tyranny.” He later opined: “Democracy, in its best state, is but the politics of Bedlam; while kept chained, its thoughts are frantic, but when it breaks loose, it kills the keeper, fires the building, and perishes.” And in an essay entitled The Mire of Democracy, he wrote that the framers of the Constitution “intended our government should be a republic, which differs more widely from a democracy than a democracy from a despotism.”

In light of the Founders’ view on the subject of republics and democracies, it is not surprising that the Constitution does not contain the word “democracy,” but does mandate: “The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a republican form of government.”

More about democracy into the 20th Century...

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2011/12/03/what-the-founder-thought-about-democracy/

54. Author: HockeyDadDate: Tue, 5/24/2022, 9:30AM EST
Speyside2 wrote:
What is it like to live in constant fear?

See 2020,2021 re. Covid-19
55. Author: RayRDate: Tue, 5/24/2022, 9:45AM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
See 2020,2021 re. Covid-19

What about 2022, the Year of fearing more Building Back Better?
56. Author: frankj1Date: Tue, 5/24/2022, 10:33AM EST
rfenst wrote:
What is it like to live in fear that others may vote differently than you?

that's not his fear. It's that he is against Democracy entirely and poses as "very" conservative.
57. Author: frankj1Date: Tue, 5/24/2022, 10:45AM EST
Mike3316 wrote:
Sure. Because there is NO chance that voting from home (via the internet I presume) or mail-in voting could possibly be intercepted or tampered with. I know - we've been told repeately - the 2020 election was the most secure election in the history of electioning. LOL

Finally!
Someone has actual proof and not just innuendo or fear of supposed potential violations.

Love to hear the results of the endless claims and lawsuits proving how, say, the latest Presidential election was stolen.

I have heard of some GOP convicted of voting more than once, and even prominent people working closely with Trump registering in multiple locations. I'd also have no problem believing a handful of D's have done the same.

Please share your proof that more than an infinitesimal amount has happened, and especially by Democrats...(for the record, I didn't even vote for Biden)...Rudy has been unable to do it.

Obvious sarcasm, but using the argument that there exists a chance could be used in other things, like saying ban guns due to the slim chance innocent people get murdered by them.

Unlikely we can legislate safety and prevention. But we can and do have laws punishing violations as deterrents.

58. Author: HockeyDadDate: Tue, 5/24/2022, 11:28AM EST
Frankj1 voted for Joe Biden.
59. Author: RayRDate: Tue, 5/24/2022, 11:40AM EST
frankj1 wrote:
that's not his fear. It's that he is against Democracy entirely and poses as "very" conservative.

It is very conservative and libertarian to be against unfettered DUHMACRACY and the demagogues that swarm around it riling up the rabid mob. Being left O' Center you wouldn't understand that.
BTW...is it true what HD said...that you voted for the demagogue Joe Biden?

“The demagogue is one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots.” ― H.L. Mencken
60. Author: frankj1Date: Tue, 5/24/2022, 3:50PM EST
so you have corroborated the fact that you are against Democracy.

Actually, matters very little to those who support it and the many who fought to protect it whether those against it are far far right or far far left.
Both are threats, regardless of how you choose to name them.

HD knows how to enjoy this space, but you missed the humor.

I wrote in Gus Hall.

that's a joke, I say that's a joke, son.
61. Author: RayRDate: Tue, 5/24/2022, 4:21PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
so you have corroborated the fact that you are against Democracy.

I told you you wouldn't understand. Oh well.

frankj1 wrote:
Actually, matters very little to those who support it and the many who fought to protect it whether those against it are far far right or far far left.
Both are threats, regardless of how you choose to name them.

I doubt that the many who fought to protect it as you say envisioned they were be protecting what it has become.
So you want more people to vote and make it easier. The more the merrier eh? How about giving the sacred right to convicted criminals, the mentally ill, kids and illegal invaders? Those ideas have all been proposed by the left.

frankj1 wrote:
HD knows how to enjoy this space, but you missed the humor.

I get HD's humor, I just couldn't resist playing off of it.

62. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Tue, 5/24/2022, 9:48PM EST
What is the difference between a remote and a G-spot?
Men will actually look for a remote
FirstPrev12NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic