Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev12NextLast
Clarence Thomas, his next agenda choice.
51. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Mon, 6/27/2022, 8:43PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
can a fetus own a gun?

Hopefully there isn't a 17 week waiting period.
52. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Mon, 6/27/2022, 8:48PM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
What victory? I don't have a dog in the fight. Court decision just said it's not a federal issue per US Constitution, let the states decide. They didn't ban abortions.

My favorite moment in radio today was when they (NPR) were interviewing a senior in high school and asked her about attending college.

(Paraphrasing)

If I can't have reproductive healthcare and a choice on whether I can have an abortion, I'm staying in New York for college.

Yes. Yes! YES!

All hardcore lefties- PLEASE move to either NY or CA.

Build walls to keep 'em out of Merika!
53. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Mon, 6/27/2022, 8:52PM EST
Dg west deptford wrote:
I see the left seething at Justice Thomas & I got a tell ya

It makes me LOVE him!

The more the left, the MSM & the world hates someone the more they appeal to my sense of deplorable commonality

It's not natural to hate someone the world hates.
& even more unnatural to love someone the world loves!

God bless Justice Thomas!!!!! An honorable man IN DEED!!!!!

Keep on hating him worldlings, he's not for sale & unafraid!

Talk about an origin story.
They tried a high tech lynching on a man and didn't kill him.

If you are going to try to kill a person or their career, best not miss.
54. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Mon, 6/27/2022, 10:27PM EST
I grew a beard thinking it would say "Distinguished Gentleman." Instead, turns out it says, "Senior Discount, Please!"
55. Author: rfenstDate: Tue, 6/28/2022, 11:02AM EST
Dg west deptford wrote:
I see the left seething at Justice Thomas & I got a tell ya

It makes me LOVE him!

God bless Justice Thomas!!!!! An honorable man IN DEED!!!!!

Keep on hating him worldlings, he's not for sale & unafraid!

He is not an honorable Justice, NOT because of his anti-choice ruling, but for not recusing himself when he should have and he should NOT have telegraphed other cases he's inclined to overturn. Justices are not supposed to go beyond the four-corners of the case to comment on other issues, cases or rights that may come before him.
56. Author: ZRX1200Date: Tue, 6/28/2022, 11:42AM EST
Well he was smart enough to release the NYPRC vs NY before this one.

That was genius.

I actually like the ruling for kicking it back to states, I don’t like how unreasonable the discussion is though. You could have a solid majority agree on very large parts of the issue. I also prefer personal choice but this isn’t singular which makes it more complex inherently.
57. Author: Dg west deptfordDate: Tue, 6/28/2022, 4:36PM EST
Next lib head explosion:

W.Virginia v. EPA

Aka States v. Alphabet soup

Ooh weee! This may become the best Trump accomplishment yet!

Imagine Roosevelt's power grab being undone!

Corrupt federal alphabet agencies can all be scrapped & sold for parts.

Except for the few the worldlings hate like I.C.E.

MAGA!
58. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Tue, 6/28/2022, 4:43PM EST
Funny thing is Brandon fancies himself to BE FDR!

LOLZ!

He only needs a depression and a war and he's on his way!

Fools ushered this trash in.
59. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Tue, 6/28/2022, 9:05PM EST
My wife is always stealing my t-shirts and sweaters... But if I take one of her dresses, suddenly "we need to talk".
60. Author: bgzDate: Wed, 6/29/2022, 9:30AM EST
ZRX1200 wrote:
Well he was smart enough to release the NYPRC vs NY before this one.

That was genius.

I actually like the ruling for kicking it back to states, I don’t like how unreasonable the discussion is though. You could have a solid majority agree on very large parts of the issue. I also prefer personal choice but this isn’t singular which makes it more complex inherently.

States have shown they can't be trusted to make the decision...

The whole state idea thing... sure, sounds good on paper... if you don't mind it eventually turning into 50 countries.

They should just start referring to us as the States... or S. There is no U in the name of the country any more.

The States... that should be the new name of our country... er territory... or region. Not sure if I would continue calling what we have a country.

I know... let's just call it Murica!!!
61. Author: RayRDate: Wed, 6/29/2022, 10:33AM EST
bgz wrote:
States have shown they can't be trusted to make the decision...

The whole state idea thing... sure, sounds good on paper... if you don't mind it eventually turning into 50 countries.

They should just start referring to us as the States... or S. There is no U in the name of the country any more.

The States... that should be the new name of our country... er territory... or region. Not sure if I would continue calling what we have a country.

I know... let's just call it Murica!!!

Man! You dumb wigless monkeys today don't know what them words meant to the wigged monkeys of old.

Do you know what the word "STATE" means as a political unit? It means a SOVEREIGN, that is INDEPENDENT SELF GOVERNED TERRITORY. In other words, a STATE is a COUNTRY! So the original U.S.A. was made up of 13 regional COUNTRIES called STATES, many with very different cultures and folkways.

Even the individual American colonies although part of the British Empire were self-governed for most of their existence.
Until the Lizard King George and his parliament decided they wanted to dicktate from across the big pond and deny those colonies of their rights of self-government.

A REPUBLIC is not a NATION, it is an alliance of self-governing states, held together by similar political, economic, and general interests.
62. Author: Speyside2Date: Wed, 6/29/2022, 11:26AM EST
Could we call the United Stupid States and Smart States?
63. Author: HockeyDadDate: Wed, 6/29/2022, 11:53AM EST
Speyside2 wrote:
Could we call the United Stupid States and Smart States?

Yes but it would probably show arrogance and error at the same time.

You could also just paraphrase it as something like “deplorables” or “clinging to their guns and Bibles”.
64. Author: frankj1Date: Wed, 6/29/2022, 4:25PM EST
RayR wrote:
Man! You dumb wigless monkeys today don't know what them words meant to the wigged monkeys of old.

Do you know what the word "STATE" means as a political unit? It means a SOVEREIGN, that is INDEPENDENT SELF GOVERNED TERRITORY. In other words, a STATE is a COUNTRY! So the original U.S.A. was made up of 13 regional COUNTRIES called STATES, many with very different cultures and folkways.

Even the individual American colonies although part of the British Empire were self-governed for most of their existence.
Until the Lizard King George and his parliament decided they wanted to dicktate from across the big pond and deny those colonies of their rights of self-government.

A REPUBLIC is not a NATION, it is an alliance of self-governing states, held together by similar political, economic, and general interests.

Yup.

and the make up of the population changes over time therefore so do the interests.
It's not static.

Currently the swing is red, correcting a perceived overshift toward blue...and this will continue.
65. Author: RayRDate: Wed, 6/29/2022, 4:40PM EST

Obviously Frankie, you are a romantic who believes this shift back and forth thing can go on for eternity and not end with unreconcilable differences and a national divorce.
When there are no longer similar political, economic, and general interests, the blue people need to go peacefully and do the hateful things that blue people do...and get off my lawn before I'm not feelin' too peaceful!
66. Author: frankj1Date: Wed, 6/29/2022, 4:59PM EST
it's the very fact that the shifts do exist that has kept this experiment alive!
67. Author: ZRX1200Date: Wed, 6/29/2022, 6:28PM EST
these united States.
68. Author: frankj1Date: Wed, 6/29/2022, 6:31PM EST
untied, sometimes.
69. Author: RayRDate: Wed, 6/29/2022, 6:46PM EST
ZRX1200 wrote:
these united States.

They haven't used that since 1865 I think.
70. Author: bgzDate: Wed, 6/29/2022, 7:02PM EST
RayR wrote:
Obviously Frankie, you are a romantic who believes this shift back and forth thing can go on for eternity and not end with unreconcilable differences and a national divorce.
When there are no longer similar political, economic, and general interests, the blue people need to go peacefully and do the hateful things that blue people do...and get off my lawn before I'm not feelin' too peaceful!

So your plan is to kick the blue out of New York...

GL with all that.
71. Author: RayRDate: Wed, 6/29/2022, 7:25PM EST
bgz wrote:
So your plan is to kick the blue out of New York...

GL with all that.

Now that's a thought that warms the heart.
At least let them secede and form their own commie dicktatorship.
72. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Wed, 6/29/2022, 8:02PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
Yes but it would probably show arrogance and error at the same time.

You could also just paraphrase it as something like “deplorables” or “clinging to their guns and Bibles”.

And that kinda thinkin' got us...oh yeah...45!Herfing
73. Author: bgzDate: Wed, 6/29/2022, 8:29PM EST
RayR wrote:
Now that's a thought that warms the heart.
At least let them secede and form their own commie dicktatorship.

You guys can battle over who gets the Giants and the Jets... that should be a fun one.
74. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Wed, 6/29/2022, 9:53PM EST
The dinner I was cooking for my family was going to be a surprise but the fire trucks ruined it.
75. Author: borndead1Date: Wed, 6/29/2022, 10:01PM EST
Speyside2 wrote:
Justice Clarence Thomas argued in a concurring opinion released on Friday that the Supreme Court “should reconsider” its past rulings codifying rights to contraception access, same-sex relationships and same-sex marriage.

Really? Contraceptive access. What next, chastity belts?

I mean, theoretically he's "correct" on all the sh*t he brought up, but the thing is that there are certain things that should not be left up to states/voters. I abhor government in general, but I'm actually OK with big government when it expands the rights of the individual. For example, the SCOTUS ruling on gay marriage. I think my dad said it best, about 20 yrs ago when the debate was really getting started: "Let the queers get married. They pay taxes just like everybody else."
FirstPrev12NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic