Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev123NextLast
3 spy balloons during Trump's watch
1. Author: DrafterXDate: Sun, 2/5/2023, 12:00PM EST

Says Biden... Think
2. Author: ZRX1200Date: Sun, 2/5/2023, 12:10PM EST
Did he let them fly across the US over nuclear silos?
3. Author: JGKAMINDate: Sun, 2/5/2023, 12:37PM EST
Info they got from Swalwell via Fang Fang?
4. Author: BuckyB93Date: Sun, 2/5/2023, 12:43PM EST
They should have sent that old man from the movie Up to go snatch it.
5. Author: MACSDate: Sun, 2/5/2023, 2:43PM EST
Biden will take care of them balloons... as soon as they're done spying.
6. Author: DrafterXDate: Sun, 2/5/2023, 3:45PM EST
Trump would have been impeached if he let a spy balloon fly over..... Mellow
7. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Sun, 2/5/2023, 4:09PM EST
Mayhap all would agree that spy balloons are a bipartisan issue and we should simply shoot them down. Hell, fly 'em over some rural parts of the country and thousands would attempt it just for fun
8. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Sun, 2/5/2023, 8:18PM EST
Spy LOONS...

BWUHAHAHA...

THEY ARE ALL OVER CANADA...
9. Author: drglncDate: Mon, 2/6/2023, 12:50PM EST
Full Timeline as currently known to the public...

Saturday, Jan. 28
The spy balloon starts a controlled drift into American territory, entering Alaskan airspace near the Aleutian Islands. At first it appears to trackers at United States Northern Command to be just another one of China’s light probes around the edges of America’s defensive borders.

Monday, Jan. 30
By the end of the day, it has exited American territory and is over Canada,

Tuesday, Jan. 31
The balloon re-enters the United States over Idaho, Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, alerts President Biden. The president asks for military options, including the immediate destruction of the aircraft. Mr. Biden also orders that no activities or sensitive unencrypted communications would be conducted in the path of the balloon.

Wednesday, Feb. 1
The balloon makes its way to the skies above Billings, Mont., home to the 341st Missile Wing at Malmstrom Air Force Base, one of three U.S. Air Force bases that operate and maintain intercontinental ballistic missiles. One Pentagon official calls the balloon a blatant, and poorly concealed, effort at spying.

Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III, calls a meeting of senior military and defense officials to review options, per Mr. Biden’s order. General Milley and Mr. Austin advise against shooting down the balloon, which has an undercarriage roughly the size of three buses, while it is over land because of the possibility of debris harming civilians and infrastructure.

U.S. officials convey to Chinese officials several times that the U.S. military might shoot down the spy balloon. Mr. Blinken tells a Chinese diplomat in Washington in the evening that the American government has the right to take any actions to protect its interests.
Thursday, Feb. 2
Republican lawmakers and politicians begin criticizing Mr. Biden, after news of the balloon became widespread, for not taking harder action against the balloon and against China, and some demand that Mr. Blinken cancel his trip.

There are reports of a second Chinese balloon traveling across Central America that is headed toward South America.

Friday, Feb. 3
The Chinese Foreign Ministry says that the machine was a civilian weather balloon that had strayed far — very far — off course and entered U.S. airspace by accident. But Mr. Blinken calls it a “clear violation of U.S. sovereignty and international law.”

Mr. Blinken reiterates his message to Chinese officials in a call to the top Chinese foreign policy official, Wang Yi.

Later that evening, Mr. Biden is briefed about how the Air Force plans to destroy the balloon on Saturday.

Saturday, Feb. 4
The Federal Aviation Administration temporarily pauses departures and arrivals at airports in Wilmington, N.C., and in Myrtle Beach and Charleston in South Carolina, which the agency said was meant to “support the Department of Defense in a national security effort.”

One of two F-22 fighter jets from Langley Air Force Base fires a Sidewinder air-to-air missile, downing the balloon, which was flying at an altitude of between 60,000 and 65,000 feet. The military then starts recovery efforts.

Additional information was released that no only were we jamming the balloon from transmitting any data (don't know when in the timeline that started) but were also actively gathering the data that was being collected as is also normal when dealing with network hackers... we let them move around and see what they are trying to see/do before locking them out as that information can sometimes be more valuable then expelling the threat immediately.
10. Author: MACSDate: Mon, 2/6/2023, 3:54PM EST
^^Biden apologist.

But no mean tweets, so we're doing great!
11. Author: ZRX1200Date: Mon, 2/6/2023, 3:55PM EST
🇨🇳marked safe today from mean tweets 🇨🇳
12. Author: MACSDate: Mon, 2/6/2023, 3:58PM EST
ZRX1200 wrote:
🇨🇳marked safe today from mean tweets 🇨🇳

"MACS loved a comment"
13. Author: drglncDate: Mon, 2/6/2023, 4:11PM EST
MACS wrote:
^^Biden apologist.

But no mean tweets, so we're doing great!

Providing a timeline of events as they are currently known to the public is being an apologist?

Sure bro... sure...
14. Author: KrazeehorseDate: Mon, 2/6/2023, 5:39PM EST
I heard it wasn’t a spy balloon at all. It turns out the Chinese were just using the balloon to return some classified documents.
15. Author: MACSDate: Mon, 2/6/2023, 6:37PM EST
Krazeehorse wrote:
I heard it wasn’t a spy balloon at all. It turns out the Chinese were just using the balloon to return some classified documents.

As Sheldon would say... BAZINGA!
16. Author: MACSDate: Mon, 2/6/2023, 6:38PM EST
drglnc wrote:
Providing a timeline of events as they are currently known to the public is being an apologist?

Sure bro... sure...

Perhaps you're unfamiliar with sarcasm? I'd be happy to learn ya... but I ain't got the time. I'm retired.
17. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 7:25AM EST
And not a peep from the Main Street media during that time? Not one Deep State "actor"? I really find that so hard to believe. A club unused to bash Orangeman Baaaaad was left holstered?

Why...not even an impeachment!
Sarcasm
18. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 7:26AM EST
Krazeehorse wrote:

Hunter ordered Fentanyl from the "source"???whip
19. Author: Stogie1020Date: Tue, 2/7/2023, 3:02PM EST
Here is a question I have for all of yous guys....

Based on the common theme now being reported:

Quote:
The Pentagon said Saturday that three similar spy balloons from China flew over the U.S. during the Trump administration – a claim disputed by former Defense Secretary Mark Esper and former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

A senior administration official told Fox News that the existence of the Chinese spy balloons over U.S. territory during the Trump administration was not discovered until the Biden administration took over.

How did the Biden admin learn of these balloon transits AFTER they happened? Did China say "Brandon, we did this three times before, let us do it again."? Or did NORAD somehow discover their DVR was recording and they went back through YEARS of radar traces to find three instances of Chinese balloons in US airspace that they failed to note previously? Or did NORAD not tell DJT about the balloons when they were happening?

We all know that if DJT knew about these things, he would have said soimething about them or shot them down.

This simple admission raises more questions than it answers...
20. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 3:10PM EST
Stogie1020 wrote:
Here is a question I have for all of yous guys....

Based on the common theme now being reported:

How did the Biden admin learn of these balloon transits AFTER they happened? Did China say "Brandon, we did this three times before, let us do it again."? Or did NORAD somehow discover their DVR was recording and they went back through YEARS of radar traces to find three instances of Chinese balloons in US airspace that they failed to note previously? Or did NORAD not tell DJT about the balloons when they were happening?

We all know that if DJT knew about these things, he would have said soimething about them or shot them down.

This simple admission raises more questions than it answers...

See, that's how I KNOW it's FAKE NEWS.

We all know if Trump knew about this...he would've called it out. 100%. We also know that China wouldn't have done it with Trump in the White House. 100%.

Based off of this from last week...

http://www.cigarbid.com/...rrying-and-Love-the-Bomb

I'm firmly believing that the Pentagon needs an enema. There's a LOT of swampy deep state actors over there and they're providing cover for Brandon because they know that we know and now China knows that his biscuits ain't done.
21. Author: RiverRatRussDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 3:31PM EST
If a Bear **** in the woods and nobody see's it?

If a Tree Falls in a Forest and nobody hears it?

Who's the Democrat who let a Bear use him/her to Wipe their ass with? and heard that tree fall all in the same Moments as these three balloons passed across America and nobody seen them?
22. Author: drglncDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 3:32PM EST
DrMaddVibe wrote:
See, that's how I KNOW it's FAKE NEWS.

We all know if Trump knew about this...he would've called it out. 100%. We also know that China wouldn't have done it with Trump in the White House. 100%.

Based off of this from last week...

http://www.cigarbid.com/...rrying-and-Love-the-Bomb

I'm firmly believing that the Pentagon needs an enema. There's a LOT of swampy deep state actors over there and they're providing cover for Brandon because they know that we know and now China knows that his biscuits ain't done.

I see it as plausible that A the Pentagon/DOD didn't inform Trump it was happening (maybe because it is not that rare of an occurrence? i have no idea) OR since it is common knowledge that Trump would often times not read his briefings then maybe he WAS told and just never read it.

Either way... i don't care... The only reason ANYONE cares is because this one was seen. it is extremely plausible that we have tracked and destroyed these in the past without the general populations knowledge
23. Author: Stogie1020Date: Tue, 2/7/2023, 4:14PM EST
drglnc wrote:
I see it as plausible that A the Pentagon/DOD didn't inform Trump it was happening (maybe because it is not that rare of an occurrence? i have no idea) OR since it is common knowledge that Trump would often times not read his briefings then maybe he WAS told and just never read it.

Either way... i don't care... The only reason ANYONE cares is because this one was seen. it is extremely plausible that we have tracked and destroyed these in the past without the general populations knowledge

All complete BS...

As noted in the quote I provided (from https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-wants-downed-spy-aircraft-back-does-not-belong-to-us), A. the former Defense Secretary said it was BS too (wait, did he not reading his breifings, too?), AND the admin official said that the prior balloons were not "discovered" until Biden took office.

No non-commercial aircraft launched in China (Or Russia, Iran, etc.) should EVER be allowed to overfly the US. That's the entire reason we have Air Force bases in Alaska and Hawaii and early warning radars all throughout the CONUS.

This was significant enough for an F22 Raptor to launch an AIM9x Sidewinder missle at it and blow it up less than twelve miles off the coast of the U.S... Remember the last time that happened? Me either.
24. Author: drglncDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 4:23PM EST
This BS too? Discussing a 2019 incident over Florida and Hawaii… “The US military had a “domain awareness gap” around high-altitude balloons that prevented it from detecting the incursions at the time, the general Glen VanHerck, the commander of North American Aerospace Defense Command (Norad), told reporters Monday. VanHerck said that the intelligence community used “additional means of collection” to discover the flights “after the fact” but did not provide further detail.
The national security adviser Jake Sullivan said Monday that improvements to the US’s surveillance capabilities made under Biden had “enhanced our capacity to be able to detect things that the Trump administration was unable to detect”.
“We were able to go back and look at the historical patterns,” Sullivan said, which revealed “multiple instances” of Chinese balloons entering US airspace during the Trump administration”. Oh… or how about the fact that the house was briefed on the 2019 balloon in April of 2022?
25. Author: Stogie1020Date: Tue, 2/7/2023, 4:36PM EST
drglnc wrote:
This BS too? Discussing a 2019 incident over Florida and Hawaii… “The US military had a “domain awareness gap” around high-altitude balloons that prevented it from detecting the incursions at the time, the general Glen VanHerck, the commander of North American Aerospace Defense Command (Norad), told reporters Monday. VanHerck said that the intelligence community used “additional means of collection” to discover the flights “after the fact” but did not provide further detail.
The national security adviser Jake Sullivan said Monday that improvements to the US’s surveillance capabilities made under Biden had “enhanced our capacity to be able to detect things that the Trump administration was unable to detect”.
“We were able to go back and look at the historical patterns,” Sullivan said, which revealed “multiple instances” of Chinese balloons entering US airspace during the Trump administration”. Oh… or how about the fact that the house was friefed on the 2019 balloon?

Hahaha, nice try... So in 2019, NORAD couldn't see it, but somehow the House was briefed about it (but not SecDef)? Or, was the house briefed about 2019 stuff now, because, despite NORAD missing multiple balloons in 2019 (WTF???) we should trust that they magically discovered their 2019 presence JUST NOW...
26. Author: drglncDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 4:42PM EST
Stogie1020 wrote:
Hahaha, nice try... So in 2019, NORAD couldn't see it, but somehow the House was briefed about it (but not SecDef)? Or, was the house briefed about 2019 stuff now, because, despite NORAD missing multiple balloons in 2019 (WTF???) we should trust that they magically discovered their 2019 presence JUST NOW...

It was not JUST discovered or briefed on now... It was almost a year ago in April of 2022...

27. Author: drglncDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 4:51PM EST
Stogie1020 wrote:

No non-commercial aircraft launched in China (Or Russia, Iran, etc.) should EVER be allowed to overfly the US. That's the entire reason we have Air Force bases in Alaska and Hawaii and early warning radars all throughout the CONUS.

You can thank The current Administration for upgrading our systems so they can actually detect these now...

"White House National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan said that after Biden took office, the U.S. “enhanced our surveillance of our territorial airspace, we enhanced our capacity to be able to detect things that the Trump administration was unable to detect.”

Biden, in turn, has been faulted by some Republicans for not ordering the balloon shot down before it made its way across the U.S. Officials have said there was concern about damage to people on the ground, and Biden addressed the issue on Monday.

“Once it came over to the United States, from Canada, I told the Defense Department I wanted to shoot it down as soon as it was appropriate,” Biden said. The military concluded “we should not shoot it down over land, it was not a serious threat.”"
28. Author: ZRX1200Date: Tue, 2/7/2023, 5:11PM EST
I’m sure any tech information is easy to recover once exposed to salt water…..
29. Author: HockeyDadDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 5:15PM EST
So back during the Trump administration we were completely vulnerable to high altitude balloons and could have been completely taken out by balloons dropping air burst nukes to create EMPs and a soon as Biden came into the a White House he fixed the problem? That’s a pretty rapid development and deployment of a new defense system.

Sounds plausible.
30. Author: JGKAMINDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 5:34PM EST
drglnc wrote:

Except we were initially told it was just a weather tracking device that somehow blew off course and ended up going coast to coast in the US. This wasn’t an accident, these things that could trigger internal incidents don’t just sail from China all the way to the US by mistake, and if so they had plenty of travel over water to give us the heads up before it gets over land which complicates the decision to shoot it down. It was ignored for days, then it was a weather tracker, then it was well Trump had them too, to then it was shot down. Just wish those trying to minimize this saga stick to one story already.
31. Author: drglncDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 5:51PM EST
JGKAMIN wrote:
Except we were initially told it was just a weather tracking device that somehow blew off course and ended up going coast to coast in the US. This wasn’t an accident, these things that could trigger internal incidents don’t just sail from China all the way to the US by mistake, and if so they had plenty of travel over water to give us the heads up before it gets over land which complicates the decision to shoot it down. It was ignored for days, then it was a weather tracker, then it was well Trump had them too, to then it was shot down. Just wish those trying to minimize this saga stick to one story already.

When did Anyone in the US Government ever report it as a weather tracker? China Claimed it as such but i never saw a single US official make that claim. and if you read the timeline it was NOT ignored for days... it was tracked the entire time.

32. Author: Stogie1020Date: Tue, 2/7/2023, 6:09PM EST
The problem with poor logic is that it falls apart every time...

If they knew about it and were tracking it the entire time, and it warranted being shot down, why didn't they shoot it down over the Aleutian Islands, most of uninhabited Alaska, or any barren 7 mile stretch of Montana?

Because they either (a) DIDN'T know about it, (b) wanted to let it overfly CONUS, or (c) couldn't wake the PRES from his nappy time or make a command decision.

It's OK, America, this wasnt a REAL threat like cis-gendered non-vaccinated service members or PTA parents. THOSE are the real threats....

33. Author: drglncDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 6:14PM EST
Stogie1020 wrote:

If they knew about it and were tracking it the entire time, and it warranted being shot down, why didn't they shoot it down over the Aleutian Islands, most of uninhabited Alaska, or any barren 7 mile stretch of Montana?

Because they either (a) DIDN'T know about it, (b) wanted to let it overfly CONUS, or (c) couldn't wake the PRES from his nappy time or make a command decision.

It's OK, America, this wasnt a REAL threat like cis-gendered non-vaccinated service members or PTA parents. THOSE are the real threats....

your inability to follow a simple timeline and see for yourself when who knew what and when is astounding... not to mention DOD specifically saying WHY they waited

but you keep trying... choosing to ignore the information already provided and thinking you know more then the DOD is noble work... keep pushing that false narrative good soldier.
34. Author: HockeyDadDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 6:14PM EST
REAL THREAT

Global warming is the single most existential threat to humanity we have ever faced, including nuclear weapons.
35. Author: KrazeehorseDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 6:18PM EST
Stogie1020 wrote:

If there had been a Trump supporter onboard they would have shot it down over the Aleutians.
36. Author: JGKAMINDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 6:25PM EST
drglnc wrote:
When did Anyone in the US Government ever report it as a weather tracker? China Claimed it as such but i never saw a single US official make that claim. and if you read the timeline it was NOT ignored for days... it was tracked the entire time.

OK, so China says it was merely a meteorological balloon, but we did nothing. Why didn’t we shoot it down ASAP? It was ignored for days, only once civilians noticed it and talked about it more and more was it acknowledged by the government and then “tracked”. If they tracked it as it entered airspace over US territories and identified as originating from China it should’ve been shot down immediately, instead it took several days to be acknowledged publicly.
37. Author: JGKAMINDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 6:27PM EST
Stogie1020 wrote:

Bingo!
38. Author: Stogie1020Date: Tue, 2/7/2023, 6:34PM EST
But but but....

DRG has a TIMELINE, dammit. And the DOD TOLD him it was OK.

No reason to question a single thing he is told, I guess.
39. Author: drglncDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 7:23PM EST
I am Humbled and owe you ALL an immense apology.

See i just did not realize the vastness of the brain trust that is CB Forums Political section. I had no idea i had stumbled upon the greatest think tank of Military Minds, Diplomatic Experts, US Air Space Security Specialist, and Clairvoyants the world has ever seen. The vast knowledge of what is ACTUALLY happening behind the walls of the Pentagon, Whitehouse, NSA, Norad, Department of State, and Joint Chiefs office doors is astounding one this page.

I am immediately starting a petition to have the below changes tot he Joint Chiefs of Staff demanded by the American People...

JGKAMIN Will be Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
ZRX Will be Vice Chair of the Joint Chiefs
DrMadVibe CofS Army
DrafterX Commandant of the Marines
RiverRatRuss Chief of Navel Ops
HokeyDad Chief of the AF
Mr. Jones will be Cief of Space Ops, Cant have him land based... he may take revenge on 2 many folks we need
Stogie Chief of the National Guard since they are the Court Jesters of the US Military

Macs gets to be Prez...
40. Author: JGKAMINDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 7:44PM EST
And well let you handle the role of Press Secretary, your providing of the timeline fully explains after the fact why things were handled January 28th, it truly couldn’t have been done any better by Karine Jean-Pierre.
41. Author: drglncDate: Tue, 2/7/2023, 8:07PM EST
JGKAMIN wrote:
And well let you handle the role of Press Secretary, your providing of the timeline fully explains after the fact why things were handled January 28th, it truly couldn’t have been done any better by Karine Jean-Pierre.

I suggest you tap Kelly Anne Or Sarah H. as i don't do Alternative Facts...
42. Author: frankj1Date: Tue, 2/7/2023, 10:50PM EST
I'm amused that anyone at all would believe China (or any world power of any level) depends on balloons to gather critical sensitive info.
Have you taken leave of your senses?

Satellites? Anyone? No?

They're new. You'll be hearing more about them in the next issue of My Weekly Reader
43. Author: BuckyB93Date: Tue, 2/7/2023, 11:22PM EST
So you're buying into the claims by China that it was an errant weather balloon?
44. Author: frankj1Date: Tue, 2/7/2023, 11:32PM EST
I never even care what China says.
I'm saying that satellites do all the spy work any remotely developed country needs.
45. Author: ZRX1200Date: Wed, 2/8/2023, 12:40AM EST
Spy satellites don’t make a POTUS look feckless.
46. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Wed, 2/8/2023, 7:14AM EST
drglnc wrote:
I am immediately starting a petition to have the below changes tot he Joint Chiefs of Staff demanded by the American People.

So it's just like your supposed new military defense system. You know, the one with no Congressional approval! Sounds like something Trump would've wanted to do...but you know how slow Congress is to approve anything.

Say...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/balloon-3-hypersonic-missiles-tested-china-2018
47. Author: HockeyDadDate: Wed, 2/8/2023, 8:44AM EST
drglnc wrote:
I am Humbled and owe you ALL an immense apology.

See i just did not realize the vastness of the brain trust that is CB Forums Political section. I had no idea i had stumbled upon the greatest think tank of Military Minds, Diplomatic Experts, US Air Space Security Specialist, and Clairvoyants the world has ever seen. The vast knowledge of what is ACTUALLY happening behind the walls of the Pentagon, Whitehouse, NSA, Norad, Department of State, and Joint Chiefs office doors is astounding one this page.

I am immediately starting a petition to have the below changes tot he Joint Chiefs of Staff demanded by the American People...

JGKAMIN Will be Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
ZRX Will be Vice Chair of the Joint Chiefs
DrMadVibe CofS Army
DrafterX Commandant of the Marines
RiverRatRuss Chief of Navel Ops
HokeyDad Chief of the AF
Mr. Jones will be Cief of Space Ops, Cant have him land based... he may take revenge on 2 many folks we need
Stogie Chief of the National Guard since they are the Court Jesters of the US Military

Macs gets to be Prez...

Your apology is accepted.
48. Author: HockeyDadDate: Wed, 2/8/2023, 8:50AM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
So you're buying into the claims by China that it was an errant weather balloon?

If Frank says there’s no way the Chinese would use a balloon when they have satellites and the Chinese say it was a weather balloon, that’s good enough for me.

I’m just going to say the whole balloon thing never happened.
49. Author: DrafterXDate: Wed, 2/8/2023, 8:51AM EST
When did you go to work for NORAD..?? Huh
50. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Wed, 2/8/2023, 10:54AM EST
So..."they/them" don't know if its surveillance or a weather balloon.

Remember this story.

https://www.zerohedge.com/military/navy-releases-first-images-chinese-surveillance-balloon-debris
FirstPrev123NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic