Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
How Does The Auction Work
1. Author: MiaDate: Wed, 5/24/2023, 8:03AM EST
Curious how the Cigar Bid works, so I see starting price of $1, there has been 1 bid and that 1 winning bid so far is $60. Shouldnt that one and only bidder have it at $1 for now until another bid comes in? Do you think Cigar Bid has automatic bids go in to bump up the bidding? Again not trying to ruffle feathers, just asking a question. I ask because I have won bids at a higher price then what I started the win with...but with the same amount of bids that were bid earlier.
2. Author: DrafterXDate: Wed, 5/24/2023, 8:45AM EST
Have you asked RAM..?? Huh
3. Author: MiaDate: Wed, 5/24/2023, 8:49AM EST
Ram..?? 🤪
4. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Wed, 5/24/2023, 9:30AM EST
Mia wrote:
Curious how the Cigar Bid works, so I see starting price of $1, there has been 1 bid and that 1 winning bid so far is $60. Shouldnt that one and only bidder have it at $1 for now until another bid comes in? Do you think Cigar Bid has automatic bids go in to bump up the bidding? Again not trying to ruffle feathers, just asking a question. I ask because I have won bids at a higher price then what I started the win with...but with the same amount of bids that were bid earlier.

It's all done with ball bearings nowadays. 220...221...whatever it takes.
5. Author: MiaDate: Wed, 5/24/2023, 10:00AM EST
Should have known not to ask questions on here , this forum is same as the rest…
6. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Wed, 5/24/2023, 11:41AM EST
Mia wrote:
Should have known not to ask questions on here , this forum is same as the rest…

No, it really isn't.

YMMV
7. Author: Ram27Date: Wed, 5/24/2023, 11:48AM EST
DrafterX wrote:
Have you asked RAM..?? Huh

Hello MIA,
All bids start at $1 and increase as other bidders place a higher bid. Do as I do and set your maximum bid amount.
Your bid will increase as others place a bid. Example: You set your maximum bid at $60, if someone bids above $60 your bid will be knocked out and the next higher bidder will take the lead. You will be notified you have been out bid and can increase your bid. Many sneaky basturds will sneak in at the last few minutes before the auction closes and outbid you. d'oh! Don't let this happen, stay strong and outbid these basturds. d'oh!

Good luck and happy bidding.

ram27bat
8. Author: DrafterXDate: Wed, 5/24/2023, 1:49PM EST
RAM be cool, hell... Mellow
9. Author: MiaDate: Wed, 5/24/2023, 2:39PM EST
Ram27 wrote:
Hello MIA,
All bids start at $1 and increase as other bidders place a higher bid. Do as I do and set your maximum bid amount.
Your bid will increase as others place a bid. Example: You set your maximum bid at $60, if someone bids above $60 your bid will be knocked out and the next higher bidder will take the lead. You will be notified you have been out bid and can increase your bid. Many sneaky basturds will sneak in at the last few minutes before the auction closes and outbid you. d'oh! Don't let this happen, stay strong and outbid these basturds. d'oh!

Good luck and happy bidding.

ram27bat

Im using this one for example. There has been 1 bid, the starting bid was $1.00, shouldnt DR be winning 1 at $1, instead of $60 since he is the only bidder? Atleast until someone else bids?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/p6pYi0J.png[/img]

Wont let me post pictures....
10. Author: ZRX1200Date: Wed, 5/24/2023, 3:38PM EST
You can’t post pictures because you’re not a Platinum Member™️

Bid high, Bud often, and never lose a bid it’s a sign of weakness. And nobody wants to be in the company of weak losers. You’ve got to be strong to be a part here….go win those bids and come back to us.

We will embrace your victories and shower you with well earned praise.

Join us and be someone.
11. Author: PalamaDate: Wed, 5/24/2023, 3:49PM EST
Mia wrote:
Im using this one for example. There has been 1 bid, the starting bid was $1.00, shouldnt DR be winning 1 at $1, instead of $60 since he is the only bidder? Atleast until someone else bids?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/p6pYi0J.png[/img]

Wont let me post pictures....

I’mma thinkin’ a couple things:

1. The bidder has been outbid so many times on that item that he / she places an amount that is or close to the previous winning bids to literally scare away other bidders. He / She ain’t fooling around so draws a line in the sand and dares anyone to bid more than him / her.

2. Dumbazz bidder that meant to put the $60 as their Maximum bid but mistakenly put it in as his / her bid. Semi-major f*#k up and sooner or later he / she will create a thread asking us what to do (…rather than contacting Customer Service…).

Probably other reasons but need more coffee first.

And yah, picture posting has been a challenge for a little while. d'oh!
12. Author: DrafterXDate: Wed, 5/24/2023, 4:24PM EST
Links work... Mellow
13. Author: Ram27Date: Wed, 5/24/2023, 5:07PM EST
Once again "word's of wisdom " from our Hawaiian BOTL. Applause
14. Author: KingoftheCoveDate: Wed, 5/24/2023, 5:45PM EST
Weird how cbid has an exceptionally stooooopid MSRP on this AJ offering.
More than double the CI MSRP.

Gotta check if this is a “thing”…
15. Author: ChenoDate: Wed, 5/24/2023, 8:06PM EST
If I wanna pay more than a dollar don't worry about it! I like spending my money!
16. Author: TiverDate: Wed, 5/24/2023, 9:28PM EST
DR Says, "Screw you bottom feeding biotches. These ain't going for less than $60, so that's where ima start."
17. Author: Ram27Date: Fri, 5/26/2023, 2:23PM EST
Okay Mia just placed a couple bids.
Starting bids were $3 I placed minimum and maximum bids, afterwards when my bids showed up was for $3 along with other $3 bidders,but guess what? Along with our bids all for $3 was a single bid for $14,this bidder bid $14 versus $3 either by mistake or screwed up when placing their bid. Think Interesting
Brick wall
18. Author: Stogie1020Date: Fri, 5/26/2023, 3:54PM EST
Ram27 wrote:
Okay Mia just placed a couple bids.
Starting bids were $3 I placed minimum and maximum bids, afterwards when my bids showed up was for $3 along with other $3 bidders,but guess what? Along with our bids all for $3 was a single bid for $14,this bidder bid $14 versus $3 either by mistake or screwed up when placing their bid. Think Interesting
Brick wall

I have confirmed there is a glitch involving the following steps:
1. Click in bid box and enter bid
2. Scroll the wheel of your mouse up/down without clicking out of the bid box (as though you are looking for the "submit" button)
3. Watch your entered bid go WAY up as you scroll the mouse wheel...

I am not sure that is what is happening inthis particular instance, but I have confidence some of the crazy bidding is the result of this scroll wheel glitch.
19. Author: KingoftheCoveDate: Fri, 5/26/2023, 5:03PM EST
Well done Stogie.
I suggest to message Shana with your findings, and ask for a fiver of Padrons as payment.
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic