Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev12345NextLast
Hello, my name is _______ and I haven’t bought any cigars for __ days
51. Author: PalamaDate: Wed, 5/24/2023, 4:48PM EST
Eight days so far but saw an offer for Warped Moon Garden Painted by Moonlight. Box of 10 for $80.00. Never tried them so wondering Think if someone has any thoughts on them.

52. Author: LeeBotDate: Wed, 5/24/2023, 8:25PM EST
No experience with them.

I didn't make it through the rest of May. It's Jake's fault. He agreed to split a box of Caldwell's with me.
53. Author: Jakethesnake86Date: Wed, 5/24/2023, 9:03PM EST
😂. I like Caldwell though
54. Author: deadeyedickDate: Thu, 5/25/2023, 7:40AM EST
Palama wrote:
Eight days so far but saw an offer for Warped Moon Garden Painted by Moonlight. Box of 10 for $80.00. Never tried them so wondering Think if someone has any thoughts on them.

Jump on it.
55. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 5/25/2023, 12:34PM EST
38 days...and counting...the shakes and cold sweat have intensified...I've gotta flag all the cigar vendors' emails as spam...soooo many enticing deals...
56. Author: PalamaDate: Thu, 5/25/2023, 1:59PM EST
deadeyedick wrote:
Jump on it.

ThumpUp

Buying hiatus clock reset. d'oh!
57. Author: PalamaDate: Thu, 5/25/2023, 2:05PM EST
delta1 wrote:
38 days...and counting...the shakes and cold sweat have intensified...I've gotta flag all the cigar vendors' emails as spam...soooo many enticing deals...

Follow the moving watch.

Swinging left, swinging right.

Left, right, left right.

You are getting sleepy, sleepy, sleepy….

Hold onto your Ironclad resolution.

Resist Enablers.

Resist box splits that will make you cry into your pillow.

Resist limited or HTF releases.

Resist.

Resist.

Resist.

On the count of 3 and after you hear a finger snap, you will wake up but not remember you’ve been hypnotized.

Snap!
58. Author: Stogie1020Date: Thu, 5/25/2023, 2:12PM EST
For the life of me, I cannot get on the small batch place email list... I have signed up a dozen times, emailed them etc. but no matter what, I don't get their emails.

Maybe it's for the better.
59. Author: PalamaDate: Thu, 5/25/2023, 2:17PM EST
Stogie1020 wrote:
For the life of me, I cannot get on the small batch place email list... I have signed up a dozen times, emailed them etc. but no matter what, I don't get their emails.

Maybe it's for the better.

Once you were out’d as Commie 7, your days as a “normal” cigar smoker were over! Gonz
60. Author: PalamaDate: Thu, 5/25/2023, 2:20PM EST
Just saw Katman’s post about something happenin’ at the Tenski place beginning June 1. It somehow involves him so might be interesting. Think
61. Author: Stogie1020Date: Thu, 5/25/2023, 2:44PM EST
Palama wrote:
Once you were out’d as Commie 7, your days as a “normal” cigar smoker were over! Gonz

lol, I saw you mention an email special from them and I went to sign up and remembered I had tried about 98.2 times already...
62. Author: PalamaDate: Thu, 5/25/2023, 3:16PM EST
Stogie1020 wrote:
lol, I saw you mention an email special from them and I went to sign up and remembered I had tried about 98.2 times already...

I signed up a decently l-o-n-g time ago so my experience might have been different than yours but you did sign up for an account already, right? I do believe, and trust me, I could be wrong, you have to have an account first. But of course, ymmv.
63. Author: Stogie1020Date: Thu, 5/25/2023, 4:20PM EST
Palama wrote:
I signed up a decently l-o-n-g time ago so my experience might have been different than yours but you did sign up for an account already, right? I do believe, and trust me, I could be wrong, you have to have an account first. But of course, ymmv.

Yup (I think you clued me in many moons ago) and I have one but alas, I appear to be blacklisted. I put my email in the "get email updates" box and then it says "we sent you a confirmation email" but it never comes... It's OK, I have made peace with it.
64. Author: Jakethesnake86Date: Thu, 5/25/2023, 8:05PM EST
I signed up there too. I get no emails. I gave up
65. Author: PalamaDate: Thu, 5/25/2023, 9:41PM EST
Tenski place has bundles on sale and until 11:59 pm EST, can get an additional 15% off with this coupon code:

MY3-63LM-WCT0-BLI6

Held fast and didn’t buy anything although getting AF Mag R52s down to $6.65 each was tempting.
66. Author: clickbangdeadDate: Fri, 5/26/2023, 1:28AM EST
I need to stop looking at deals, last one was a 35% off Illusione at one place that made me break down and buy a couple boxes. At least I'm well past the point of buying crap/yard gars, so everything I'm buying is stuff I enjoy, but these damn deals keep showing up...
67. Author: Stogie1020Date: Fri, 5/26/2023, 11:05AM EST
Palama wrote:
Tenski place has bundles on sale and until 11:59 pm EST, can get an additional 15% off with this coupon code:

MY3-63LM-WCT0-BLI6

Held fast and didn’t buy anything although getting AF Mag R52s down to $6.65 each was tempting.

I just placed 2x orders there in the past couple of days, didn't know about the coupoon code, though...

68. Author: delta1Date: Fri, 5/26/2023, 7:27PM EST
I am strong...looking here will make me stronger...(repeat)...(repeat)...
69. Author: clickbangdeadDate: Fri, 5/26/2023, 8:25PM EST
So, like, not looking to stir things, but, you know, the Tenski place has Warped GrannReserva 1988 for 153.57 (price in cart)...so, couple bucks less that that twofer deal, and you only need to buy one box in case you were having cold feet. Not that anyone probably passed on the last deal, probably alllll stocked up, no room in the humi.

Oh, and El Gueguense 'The Wise Man' Corojo Lancero for 108, just throwing that out there.
70. Author: PalamaDate: Wed, 5/31/2023, 9:40PM EST
Gosh darn it! Thought I could make it through the month without buying anything more but I am weak. d'oh!
71. Author: LeeBotDate: Wed, 5/31/2023, 10:28PM EST
^ Hold on, Conan. You can do it.

Think of the children!
72. Author: PalamaDate: Thu, 6/1/2023, 4:18AM EST
LeeBot wrote:
^ Hold on, Conan. You can do it.

Think of the children!

New hiatus clock starts 6/1.
73. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 6/1/2023, 8:10PM EST
mine is still ticking at one and a half months...and counting...

IRONCLAD RESOLUTION...
74. Author: Stogie1020Date: Fri, 6/2/2023, 12:46PM EST
I think i have actually bought something every day for the last one and a half months... I am balancing you out, delta,
75. Author: Stogie1020Date: Mon, 6/5/2023, 4:16PM EST
Show of hands (mine is up)... How many of you got the free cheapo Gerber knife from the page place recently with your order?
76. Author: delta1Date: Mon, 6/5/2023, 4:30PM EST
cheapo Gerber knife is a non sequitur, or oxymoron...authentic Gerber knives are solid pieces and not cheap...prolly a cheapo knockoff...
77. Author: Stogie1020Date: Mon, 6/5/2023, 4:50PM EST
Well, it was a giveaway, so I assume it's a cheapo.

This was it:
https://www.gerbergear.com/en-us/shop/knives/all-knives/air-ranger-serrated-45860
78. Author: delta1Date: Mon, 6/5/2023, 6:48PM EST
hmmm...looks legit...

but...IRONCLAD RESOLUTION
79. Author: PalamaDate: Tue, 6/6/2023, 1:00AM EST
delta1 wrote:
hmmm...looks legit...

but...IRONCLAD RESOLUTION

The Ironclad Resolution is strong with this one. fog
80. Author: PapaWhiskeyDate: Tue, 6/6/2023, 4:58PM EST
Stogie1020 wrote:
Show of hands (mine is up)... How many of you got the free cheapo Gerber knife from the page place recently with your order?

I just received a couple boxes of 858s from the page place today but no knife for me... You must be a platinum member Smile
81. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 6/8/2023, 3:48PM EST
Palama wrote:
The Ironclad Resolution is strong with this one. fog

I am actually enjoying digging through my stash and looking for oldies but goodies...without this hiatus, I'd be buying new stuff and burying the old stock even deeper. I have consumed enough cigars without new subs that I can prolly consolidate and retire one of the 2 gallon snap lid tupperdors...
82. Author: LeeBotDate: Thu, 6/8/2023, 4:20PM EST
Applause Applause Applause

You can DO IT!
83. Author: PalamaDate: Wed, 6/21/2023, 12:24PM EST
After almost 3 weeks of not buying any cigars, I fell off my Kinda, Sorta Pillsbury Doughboy Resolution HARD! d'oh!

It all started when my nephew sent me a Halfwheel article about the effects a recently passed law would have about Mainland-based cigar vendors:

https://halfwheel.com/americas-largest-cigar-retailers-prepare-to-stop-shipments-to-hawaii-next-month/424509/

He was in a near panic and asked if he should start hoarding to head off the apparent drought Hawaii cigar smokers would be facing. I told him to r-e-l-a-x, that I had lots of friends in cigarland and worst case scenario, would have cigars sent to them, have them send to me or pick them up iffin’ I was traveling to their city. He calmed down a bit but then I started thinking mebbe I should loosen the resolution strings a bit and order a few things.

I did.

Three times! Brick wall

I am so f*#kin’ WEAK! Frying pan
84. Author: deadeyedickDate: Wed, 6/21/2023, 1:00PM EST
Best to be a little proactive since it's only 10 day away. I can cover you any time you need.
85. Author: PalamaDate: Wed, 6/21/2023, 1:17PM EST
deadeyedick wrote:
Best to be a little proactive since it's only 10 day away. I can cover you any time you need.

ThumpUp
86. Author: LeeBotDate: Wed, 6/21/2023, 2:45PM EST
I think you did the right thing. I remember reading that article and thinking of you. I started to post about it, maybe should have.

Especially concerning to me was all of the affiliated and subsidiary online vendors that may be effected because they're part of the same company, etc.

I can always cover you if ded is busy.
87. Author: tonygrazDate: Wed, 6/21/2023, 2:45PM EST
I'll check my Gurkha stock if you get low. Sarcasm
88. Author: Stogie1020Date: Wed, 6/21/2023, 2:47PM EST
I only ship MSA.
89. Author: PalamaDate: Wed, 6/21/2023, 6:02PM EST
LeeBot wrote:
I think you did the right thing. I remember reading that article and thinking of you. I started to post about it, maybe should have.

Especially concerning to me was all of the affiliated and subsidiary online vendors that may be effected because they're part of the same company, etc.

I can always cover you if ded is busy.

Thanks Lee. Herfing

tonygraz wrote:
I'll check my Gurkha stock if you get low. Sarcasm

A Hawaii Gurkfest! Woohoo! Beer

Stogie1020 wrote:
I only ship MSA.

🤣
90. Author: BuckyB93Date: Wed, 6/21/2023, 6:41PM EST
Summer is officially here so my cigar consumption will likely go up. With that said, I'm still holding tight on any further purchases and maintaining a a holding pattern.

(still feel guilty that I didn't have any on hand to share with 8tack on my last visit back home in WI. I ended up smoking a couple of his that he kept feeding me)
91. Author: PapaWhiskeyDate: Wed, 6/21/2023, 7:48PM EST
Palama wrote:
I told him to r-e-l-a-x, that I had lots of friends in cigarland

I'm happy to help Conan.

In other news: I fell off the wagon and somehow have 3 boxes of Fuentes showing up tomorrow... Time to play humidor shuffle.
92. Author: PalamaDate: Wed, 6/21/2023, 11:40PM EST
PapaWhiskey wrote:
I'm happy to help Conan.

In other news: I fell off the wagon and somehow have 3 boxes of Fuentes showing up tomorrow... Time to play humidor shuffle.

Right on! Thanks. 🤙
93. Author: delta1Date: Mon, 6/26/2023, 7:18PM EST
about 2 and a half months, Resolution is still Ironclad...
94. Author: LeeBotDate: Mon, 6/26/2023, 8:49PM EST
Yes! I was in the pool betting against you, but you've won me over with grit and determination.

Go Team Delta!
95. Author: delta1Date: Tue, 6/27/2023, 4:32PM EST
still enjoying some nuggets found in the netherworlds of my storage boxes...been doing this since I stopped acquiring new cigars, so I think I can hold off for a while longer...

I am determined to get to a full year, just to see how many cigars I have...

another plus: I've saved about $1.5 -2K...my average annual cigar expenditure over the past few years was $7-8K
96. Author: corey sellersDate: Tue, 6/27/2023, 4:37PM EST
I gave in but not going crazy. Hehe
97. Author: PalamaDate: Wed, 6/28/2023, 3:17PM EST
delta1 wrote:
still enjoying some nuggets found in the netherworlds of my storage boxes...been doing this since I stopped acquiring new cigars, so I think I can hold off for a while longer...

I am determined to get to a full year, just to see how many cigars I have...

another plus: I've saved about $1.5 -2K...my average annual cigar expenditure over the past few years was $7-8K

Holy cow Batman! Gonz

But I bet there were a lotta fine cigars purchased during that rampage buying! Herfing
98. Author: corey sellersDate: Wed, 6/28/2023, 6:22PM EST
I have just spent $1500 roughly. After this I am done I have a lot I need to get rid of. They are getting old and I will not smoke them.
99. Author: PalamaDate: Wed, 6/28/2023, 8:40PM EST
Warped Sky Moon

https://halfwheel.com/warped-sky-moon-to-debut-in-july/425127/

But a corona at $11 MSRP? Think

Might wait a bit.
100. Author: Huzza3045Date: Wed, 6/28/2023, 10:07PM EST
corey sellers wrote:
I have just spent $1500 roughly. After this I am done I have a lot I need to get rid of. They are getting old and are aged to perfection .

FIFY
FirstPrev12345NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic