Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
DeadEyeDick Scores a direct hit!
1. Author: USNGunnerDate: Thu, 8/22/2019, 6:23PM EST
Well, a little while ago I jumped in and did a blind trade with Rick, it was kind of a rush job but I put together a selection of what I thought were my better smokes and got them off. He was headed out traveling and would get some back to me when he got home. No big deal, I'm in no hurry. Man am I glad I am patient!

This came back with interest. Like big time "vig". I've never had any of these, or knew they existed to be honest. Until recently I've never smoked a cigar with any real time on it. Let alone Cubans, I've had a couple "cubans" over the years, but you know how that goes. I know, I'm rambling, but I keep getting swatted hard by you guys. I'm still reeling from the last hit. But I'll get to the point.

Fortunately he included a list which I am eminently grateful for. Herein is the goodness. This is an incredible bunch of smokes.

Tatajue Black 2016, from the jar release NH
Liga Privada Dirty Rat 2015 (I've heard of those, never seen one)
Fuente 858 Sun Grown (black band) NH
Fuente 858 Rosado 2013 (red band) NH
Tatajue 7th Reserva 2016 NH

Then we get to the CC's. w:d/

Ramon Allones Superior 2017 NH
Juan Lopez #2 2016 NH
PSD #4 2016 NH
Le Hoyo de San Juan tubo 2017 NH

And then, then there is the "Coffin"!. That is an original My Father Reserve hand rolled by Pepin Garcia himself in 2009! Drool

I'm almost afraid to smoke that one! Anxious That is getting set aside for a very special occasion.

Wow. Simply wow! Thanks Rick. Very very generous of you and it's greatly appreciated, and will be enjoyed. Herfing

Vince
cbid_ded6.jpg
2. Author: deadeyedickDate: Fri, 8/23/2019, 1:39PM EST
Smoke them in good health. They’ll make more.
3. Author: BuckwheatDate: Fri, 8/23/2019, 1:47PM EST
Applause
4. Author: AKDAVEDate: Fri, 8/23/2019, 1:47PM EST
Very nice hit deadeyedick! OMG
5. Author: dstiegerDate: Fri, 8/23/2019, 1:52PM EST
Damn, Rick!

Gunner's going to be spoiled....

good luck enjoying anything from Altadis, General...or even anything from cbid any more, USNG

Beautiful selections, Rick
6. Author: USNGunnerDate: Fri, 8/23/2019, 2:12PM EST
dstieger wrote:
Damn, Rick!

Gunner's going to be spoiled....

good luck enjoying anything from Altadis, General...or even anything from cbid any more, USNG

Beautiful selections, Rick

I know. This is the damnedest bunch of generous folks I've ever met. I've smoked more good cigars in the last couple months than I have in my whole life.
Herfing
7. Author: clintCigarDate: Fri, 8/23/2019, 3:16PM EST
DAMN NICE!! You sure y'all not trading favors??
8. Author: USNGunnerDate: Fri, 8/23/2019, 3:29PM EST
clintCigar wrote:
DAMN NICE!! You sure y'all not trading favors??

Yes they are. Flat out amazing.

Not so far as you know! Anxious

Alledgedly. LOL. Shame on you

9. Author: izonfireDate: Fri, 8/23/2019, 3:38PM EST
Beautiful
10. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Fri, 8/23/2019, 4:05PM EST
Nice
11. Author: corey sellersDate: Fri, 8/23/2019, 5:10PM EST
Applause

Very nice selection some really good smokes there

Great job DED
12. Author: PalamaDate: Fri, 8/23/2019, 5:41PM EST
Yeehaw! Woot

Awesome blind(sided) trade! horse

All the “old-timers” knew this was a set up for a nOOb so they sat back and waited...I’d say the entertainment factor is 11 on a scale of 10. ThumpUp
13. Author: frankj1Date: Fri, 8/23/2019, 6:15PM EST
USNGunner wrote:
I know. This is the damnedest bunch of generous folks I've ever met. I've smoked more good cigars in the last couple months than I have in my whole life.
Herfing

we may fight, but magic happens here.
You got set up by one of the giving-est guys on board.

he's right, smoke 'em...they'll roll more!
14. Author: USNGunnerDate: Fri, 8/23/2019, 9:11PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
we may fight, but magic happens here.

Beats the hell out of DisneyWorld for sure. w:d/

Quote:
You got set up by one of the giving-est guys on board.

he's right, smoke 'em...they'll roll more!

LOL. That is the one thing I never stopped to consider, but I'm thinking you're right.

I'll take that kind of ambush any day of the week, and love it! Herfing
15. Author: USNGunnerDate: Fri, 8/23/2019, 9:13PM EST
Palama wrote:
All the “old-timers” knew this was a set up for a nOOb so they sat back and waited...I’d say the entertainment factor is 11 on a scale of 10. ThumpUp

As realization sets in. d'oh!

I've got to tell you;

A. I'm glad I'm the one that bit, and
B. I honestly think my entertainment level is going to exceed 11 with this package. Whistle

16. Author: ZRX1200Date: Fri, 8/23/2019, 10:24PM EST
1st class hit by a classy BOTL
17. Author: USNGunnerDate: Fri, 8/23/2019, 11:53PM EST
ZRX1200 wrote:

Indeed.
18. Author: PalamaDate: Sat, 8/24/2019, 12:20AM EST
Iffin’ DED is ever in your neck of the woods, you better invite him to have some pizza 🍕 at your house!
19. Author: USNGunnerDate: Sat, 8/24/2019, 12:26AM EST
Palama wrote:
Iffin’ DED is ever in your neck of the woods, you better invite him to have some pizza 🍕 at your house!

That is a danged fine idea. And one I am absolutely open too. If any of you guys are going to be in the Quad Cities area or Illinois/Iowa, give me some warning and we'll set something up. Herfing
20. Author: thursonDate: Sat, 8/24/2019, 10:40AM EST
ZRX1200 wrote:

Amen brother, amen.
21. Author: clintCigarDate: Sat, 8/24/2019, 11:43AM EST
Palama wrote:

He better invite him over for a reach around.
22. Author: xibbumberoDate: Sat, 8/24/2019, 4:38PM EST
Not bad for an old fart. X fog
23. Author: deadeyedickDate: Sat, 8/24/2019, 6:36PM EST
Thats vato to you fog
24. Author: CelticBomberDate: Sat, 8/24/2019, 7:55PM EST
Sweet! Our CC split arrived today. JUST in time. If you ever wanna see your Siglo 2's and Bolivar Petite Corona's you will quietly box up that coffin and and the contents of your wallet. NO COPS. I smell a cop and I start smoking your half!
25. Author: frankj1Date: Sat, 8/24/2019, 8:10PM EST
CelticBomber wrote:
Sweet! Our CC split arrived today. JUST in time. If you ever wanna see your Siglo 2's and Bolivar Petite Corona's you will quietly box up that coffin and and the contents of your wallet. NO COPS. I smell a cop and I start smoking your half!

was wondering where you been...figgered it was off to college stuff.
26. Author: CelticBomberDate: Sat, 8/24/2019, 8:17PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
was wondering where you been...figgered it was off to college stuff.

Mostly. Got my daughter an apartment on campus. Had to move her out of Camp Harlem where she was a councilor all summer then get the place, get her furniture, get her moved in. She then demanded a ridiculous amount of alcohol be bought so of course being the super dad I am I loaded up her fridge and storage area with beer and wine. She's been there a week now with 3 other girls.... they drank it all. I dunno what I was thinking... I figured they'd be good for a month. Silly me. She's an Irish Jew alright. When the booze is out the Irish comes out. Only a matter of time before I have to bail her out for beating the **** out of 3 or 4 guys....
27. Author: frankj1Date: Sat, 8/24/2019, 10:16PM EST
I like her!
always wondered if my real father was Irish
28. Author: shaun341Date: Sun, 8/25/2019, 8:17AM EST
DED strikes again!! I learned first hand that generous is not a strong enough word to describe a lot of guys and girls on here. Great place these boards are!
29. Author: USNGunnerDate: Mon, 8/26/2019, 12:18AM EST
CelticBomber wrote:

Well crap. I'll send the wallet stuff, but I'm keeping the coffin! ram27bat
30. Author: USNGunnerDate: Mon, 8/26/2019, 12:19AM EST
shaun341 wrote:
DED strikes again!! I learned first hand that generous is not a strong enough word to describe a lot of guys and girls on here. Great place these boards are!

True dat.
31. Author: zodyDate: Mon, 8/26/2019, 8:03PM EST
What a **** hit, I dare DED to hit me like that....

Please?

PLease???

PLEASE????!!!!!!

Sarcasm
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic