Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev123NextLast
I Hope Neil Young Will Remember...
101. Author: frankj1Date: Sat, 2/26/2022, 1:05PM EST
Dude!
Nice report, happy for you guys.

beehive wrote:
...a southern man dont need him around anyhow.

Bout half finished on the old farmhouse. Cleared and burned about 6 completely flat acres. 8 bonfires later and theres still a little more brush to burn, but it's been pushed out of the way to the sides of the flat.

It's cold as fook up in those West Virginia mountains, but were staying warm with the free natural gas heat. First time in my life where I felt like I could just crank the heat. It's an old farmhouse, with no insulation, and I'll be in the house without a shirt on when it's in the teens, or colder, outside. Electric bill was 64 bucks last month. Lol!

STILL havent worn a mask or taken that vax. NOBODY cares about it back in there.

Idk what is going on with the world and I dont really miss it. No internet, no tv...just old movies, books, farm work and nature. It's hard work, really hard, but rewarding.

This place, and you guys, are about the only thing I miss.

See you on the flipside.
102. Author: RayRDate: Sat, 2/26/2022, 8:11PM EST
Speyside2 wrote:
Frank, those statues and how people feel about them is fairly straightforward. Mostly if you were raised where the Union was they are traitors. Mostly if you were raised where the confederacy was and are white you see them as heroes.

I doubt the above will ever change to much.

The skool brainwashing is strong Spey. It never worked on me here in the North, I had my BS meter installed at an early age.

I'm always amused by the Lincolnian Yankees that are shocked at the revelation that Lincoln was a killer and racist, not to mention arguably a traitor, and wait for it...a slave owner! And no, Father Abraham did not let his people go. SHOCK AND HORROR!

Conclusive and Undeniable: Lincoln Owned and Sold Slaves

Thomas DiLorenzo

Quote:
In his new book, The Lincolns in the White House, Kevin Johnson documents that Lincoln’s wife, the daughter of one of the biggest slave plantation owners in Kentucky, inherited slaves. Under nineteenth-century law they became the “property” of her husband, Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln could have manumitted them, but Johnson documents that he instead instructed his attorneys to sell them into slavery somewhere else, which they did. The book contains the legal documentation.

More...

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/conclusive-and-undeniable-lincoln-owned-and-sold-slaves/

In His New Book, The Lincolns in the White House, Kevin Orlin Johnson Reveals That Lincoln Owned ― and Sold ― Slaves

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/in-his-new-book-the-lincolns-in-the-white-house-kevin-orlin-johnson-reveals-that-lincoln-owned-and-sold-slaves-1031160766?op=1
103. Author: frankj1Date: Sat, 2/26/2022, 10:40PM EST
so under 19th century law, slaves became property of Lincoln.
So you must be deliriously happy that he is now equal to Jefferson.
104. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Sat, 2/26/2022, 11:55PM EST
When I ask how old your toddler is, I don’t need to hear ’27 months.’ ‘He’s two’ will do just fine. He’s not a cheese. And I didn’t really care in the first place.
- GC
105. Author: RayRDate: Sun, 2/27/2022, 2:17PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
so under 19th century law, slaves became property of Lincoln.
So you must be deliriously happy that he is now equal to Jefferson.

Both Lincoln and Jefferson inherited their slaves by marriage. That's the way things worked back then Frank, they were the product of their times and were subject to the laws of the times.
Being a corporate lawyer and political class rascal, Lincoln never missed an opportunity to make a buck so it's no surprise that he would have sold them off. He wasn't much good at farming anyway.

What's hilarious is how the priests of the Church of Lincoln will react to this revelation that evidence was found after they've tried so hard to create this mythical image of the "Great Emancipator" and destroy any evidence that their demigod wasn't so pure and holy. I'm sure, as usual, they'll ignore it if possible or come up with a myriad of excuses. The rumor has been around forever that Lincoln once owned slaves even though you may not have heard of it.
Gerald J. Prokopowicz wrote a book published in 2008 titled Did Lincoln Own Slaves?: And Other Frequently Asked Questions About Abraham Lincoln, where the professor tried to pooh-pooh the rumor away without any proof whatsoever that it couldn't have been true.

History is fascisnating, warts and all once you get past the mythmaking by those with an agenda.
Then again, some people prefer cartoons.

106. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Sun, 2/27/2022, 7:34PM EST
If four out of five people suffer from diarrhea … does that mean that one enjoys it?
- GC
107. Author: frankj1Date: Sun, 2/27/2022, 10:35PM EST
Ray, there's a yuuuge difference in buying into childhood fables of stuff like Lincoln walking a zillion miles to return 2 cents to the library, or Washington admitting he chopped down the cherry tree because he simply could not tell a lie versus worshipping purity of those in the fables once one reaches the age of rational thought.

Those stories are the stuff that children are taught as a way to instill values that most of humanity hold in high regard...stuff like honesty, integrity etc. But adults by and large understand that the men and women of historical accomplishment were also humans as prone to imperfection as they are themselves. No one who disagrees with your jaundiced views thinks what you assign to them. Lincoln, like Rockwell, was imperfect. Ouch.

Lincoln's wife was from Kentucky and her family likely owned human beings, certainly you have explained this away when you pardoned your heroes here several times. But those claiming Lincoln himself inherited his in-laws' humans are subscribers to other neo nazi tales of the far, far, far right as well.

By the way, Jefferson's human ownership totaled over 600, and he did not free them, even on his deathbed as legend had it...cuz legends are lessons for children.
FirstPrev123NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic