Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev23456NextLast
" The Bat out of Hell 500"
151. Author: PalamaDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 9:48PM EST
I get that Jimmy G was trying to make a play but man, that was a DUMB play!
152. Author: PalamaDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 9:53PM EST
MACS wrote:
God damn you Jimmy fkn Pickolo...

I'm a Bengals fan. F--k the Rams. They should have lost to the Niners again.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Hell, the Niners shoulda lost to the Packers last week. And if not for poor clock management by Dallas, they might not have survived Wildcard Weekend. Their luck (…and reliance on Jimmy G not screwing up…) finally ran out.
153. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 10:18PM EST
MACS wrote:
HEY! Don't be mad at me because your team lost. If the Niners lose and the Chiefs won... I'd be pulling for your team.

Now lick your god-damned wounds and start rooting for the fkn niners, dammit.

I already admitted the only shot the Niners had was if the Chiefs lost. They lost. Put your fkn Niners hat on, damn you.

Was over it about ten minutes after the game was done.
Carapalo isn’t a SB QB. He’s an embarrassment. Better td/int ratio than Dilfer but equally bad everywhere else.

In the end, it is entertainment and it was entertaining. Like Deebo and Bosa. Interesting on whether Rodgers ends up is SF one Denver. The Niners are close. Rodgers will do what he did for GB…. Slightly above .500 and a Super Bowl victory.
154. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 10:19PM EST
All right. I'm curious. How did a former RI, current CA resident settle on Cincinnati for their team?
155. Author: frankj1Date: Sun, 1/30/2022, 11:17PM EST
Palama wrote:
Why was the dog stealing shingles?

He wanted to be a woofer.

Mr. Speaker, did he tweet that?
156. Author: MACSDate: Mon, 1/31/2022, 12:42AM EST
Sunoverbeach wrote:
All right. I'm curious. How did a former RI, current CA resident settle on Cincinnati for their team?

I've never liked Cincy. When I was a kid the Patriots sucked Frankie Tripods... walking stick.

Edit:

Whoooooo-wee!! Whole lotta too much beer rambling, there. *delete*
157. Author: MACSDate: Mon, 1/31/2022, 12:48AM EST
Sunoverbeach wrote:

You might have touched a nerve. But.. all my friends that were vikings, cowboys, stillers, dolphins, any other team except the patriots... alla sudden became pats fans when they won a SB in 2001.

Me? Jumped on the Niner wagon in 1982. Front seat ever since.

As a NE kid... sure... I wanted to see them win... unless they ever played the Niners... Then no.
158. Author: PalamaDate: Mon, 1/31/2022, 4:30AM EST
Sunoverbeach wrote:

So based upon MACS' two posts, I'mma pretty sure, as a Niners fan, he fk'n HATES the Rams. ram27bat

And even more so when LAR breaks their 6-game losing streak at the most opportune time. Argh!

Of course I could be wrong...but I don't think so.... Whistle
159. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Mon, 1/31/2022, 6:21AM EST
Got it now. I was thrown off by this part
MACS wrote:
I'm a Bengals fan.

Revenge fanship I completely understand
160. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Mon, 1/31/2022, 6:25AM EST
A happy manic Monday to all
161. Author: Gene363Date: Mon, 1/31/2022, 6:27AM EST
Good Early Monday Morning! It's 36° on the way to 64° today.
162. Author: BuckyB93Date: Mon, 1/31/2022, 7:49AM EST
Rams and Bengals Superbowl. Put that on my list of DGAF.

Been up nearly all night beating my head against the wall with one of my classes. Trying to set up a cloud based IT system and database with the appropriate permissions and stuff. MySQL, WordPress, AWS, the SSH client that they want us to use and linking all that crap so the prof can get in to see the work... Franking walk-through and tutorials to set it up for this class pretty much blows.

I've had nothing but good things to say about the on-line courses at this University but this class, specifically, is becoming an abortion (sorry to use that word). From the first week the permissions for our AWS accounts and accessing some of the software didn't work. The message that gave us was "There is no way to fix this issue during the time frame of this term. However, to work around this issue..." blah, blah, blah...

End of rant, need sleep.
163. Author: Ram27Date: Mon, 1/31/2022, 7:57AM EST
Good day folks. Applause

Rant on Bucko. d'oh!
164. Author: rfenstDate: Mon, 1/31/2022, 8:01AM EST
Frost over the last two nights has finally pushed the lawn in to dormancy. Now I can quit watering it 2x/week and cut down to 1x/week or 1x/2 weeks. 37F heading to 69F with sunny skies today!.
165. Author: BuckyB93Date: Mon, 1/31/2022, 8:06AM EST
Thanks RAM, I'll get over it.

Cat nap first. Wanna check out the market on the open. Might have some day trades that I want to do and grab a little profit. Maybe do some dumpster diving and dig out some used scratch tickets at the local convenience store while I'm at it.
166. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Mon, 1/31/2022, 8:26AM EST
Off to my Monday gig.
Here we go!
167. Author: corey sellersDate: Mon, 1/31/2022, 8:50AM EST
Morning Ram and gang
168. Author: Burner02Date: Mon, 1/31/2022, 8:53AM EST
47/65 and sunny in LA today. Wind at 5, so it should be a nice day.

169. Author: tonygrazDate: Mon, 1/31/2022, 12:27PM EST
I was hoping for Buffalo - maybe Buffalo Bob could have made a comeback. And the Buffalo girls could have come out and gone to the superbowl.
170. Author: RMAN4443Date: Mon, 1/31/2022, 2:05PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
40 heading to 62. I need to pick navel oranges and tangerines. Maybe prune the grapes vines too.

correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the prune come from a plum tree???Think
171. Author: tonygrazDate: Mon, 1/31/2022, 5:15PM EST
5 below 0 this AM but it did get up to a balmy 29 this afternoon.
172. Author: deadeyedickDate: Mon, 1/31/2022, 5:31PM EST
Ok, tell me this isn't a thing these days. On my morning walk there are always people walking their dogs and most pick up the poo in a bag. As I approached one this morning she was fiddling with her coat and instead of a bag she produced a Kleenex, bent over, lifted the dog's tail and wiped his ars! Now, this is Scottsdale, where even the bag ladies wear designer 2nds but this is disturbing on so many levels. OhMyGod
173. Author: delta1Date: Mon, 1/31/2022, 7:11PM EST
MACS wrote:
God damn you Jimmy fkn Pickolo...

I'm a Bengals fan. F--k the Rams. They should have lost to the Niners again.

glad Jimmy G finally got rattled...he's owned the Rams since he became 9er qb...but game shouldna been close

tipped pass intercepted in the end zone...shoulda been a TD...

dropped pass in the end zone... shoulda been a TD...

dropped pass at 15 yard line with open field to end zone...shoulda been a TD

21 points Rams gave away to the 9ers...game shouldna been close
174. Author: delta1Date: Mon, 1/31/2022, 7:13PM EST
deadeyedick wrote:
Ok, tell me this isn't a thing these days. On my morning walk there are always people walking their dogs and most pick up the poo in a bag. As I approached one this morning she was fiddling with her coat and instead of a bag she produced a Kleenex, bent over, lifted the dog's tail and wiped his ars! Now, this is Scottsdale, where even the bag ladies wear designer 2nds but this is disturbing on so many levels. OhMyGod

what did she do with the kleenex...
175. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Mon, 1/31/2022, 7:42PM EST
deadeyedick wrote:

Thought in Scottsdale, they’d have solar powered bow-wow bidets.
176. Author: BuckyB93Date: Mon, 1/31/2022, 8:23PM EST
How was the first day at work?
177. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Mon, 1/31/2022, 8:41PM EST
Mebbe the lady knew the pupper was going to lick his butt at some point and also tends to lick her face. She was just trying not to get pink eye
178. Author: danmdevriesDate: Mon, 1/31/2022, 8:49PM EST
Sunoverbeach wrote:
Mebbe the lady knew the pupper was going to lick his butt at some point and also tends to lick her face. She was just trying not to get pink eye

No no, you get pink eye from pillow farts, not dog poo.

https://youtu.be/BYXLKRNCVrw
179. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Mon, 1/31/2022, 10:35PM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
How was the first day at work?

Interesting. Did a lighter run last week, so technically not my first, first day. Picking up and dropping off cars, parts and people. Learning how they do things.

Think I drove a homeless person’s car. Equal parts sad and gross. Had to suppress the gag reflex while driving it. Felt pressure driving a 2022 GMC Deniali. Felt like less a driver than an admiral.

Scary enough, but ironically less scary than driving a 20 year old Dodge Avenger with 223k miles on it that is both a car and home.
180. Author: danmdevriesDate: Mon, 1/31/2022, 10:56PM EST
Took a job as a porter for a dealership?
181. Author: BuckyB93Date: Mon, 1/31/2022, 11:15PM EST
A good friend of mine, (my MA dad, I adopted him and he, me) is retired. I he's like 70 yrs old.

He retired like 3 times because but he can't stay retired for long and he wants to stay busy. Old school work ethic, but his body can't do manual labor anymore. He was a welder for like 40 yrs after the got out of the Army and was rather well known in the area. He laughs... back in the day if he got pissed off at the boss, he'd quit the job and go down the street and get a hired by the completion the following day. The guy is sharp as a whip, tons of knowledge in his head, easy going.

But since he quit his recent part time gig at Wally World, he's been getting kinda stir crazy. I'm trying to encourage him to get something simple like delivery driver or something. Part time gig doing deliveries at one of the pharmacy or auto parts stores in town. Or a van driver for one of the old folks homes or the Vet center to take them to appointments and stuff.

You ain't gonna make much money on the deal but it's a little bit to pay some bills and it also gets you out and around rather than hanging out all day watching stupid stuff on TV like... soccer.
182. Author: frankj1Date: Mon, 1/31/2022, 11:38PM EST
RMAN4443 wrote:
correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the prune come from a plum tree???Think

you do know your fruit.
183. Author: corey sellersDate: Tue, 2/1/2022, 5:52AM EST
Morning gents
184. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Tue, 2/1/2022, 6:23AM EST
Turbulent Tuesday in the forecast. Though not supposed to get ugly until later.
185. Author: Ram27Date: Tue, 2/1/2022, 6:42AM EST
Tuesday greetings folks. RollEyes
186. Author: deadeyedickDate: Tue, 2/1/2022, 8:07AM EST
Morning gents. Gonna be 47/69 and mostly sunny today. Coffeed up and headed out for the walk and then to the gym.

Think I did a similar PT job as 8. Worked for fleet sales of a national rental car company. Got to drive all kinds of new cars and trucks around for delivery to customers and sub-contractors. Didn't pay squat so I ditched it for drug delivery to plastic surgery/dentists in an unmarked company truck. Had to keep an eye on the rear view mirror on that gig.
187. Author: Gene363Date: Tue, 2/1/2022, 8:47AM EST
Good Tuesday Morning! It's a clear 39° on the way to 63° today and I'm off to the range.
188. Author: MACSDate: Tue, 2/1/2022, 10:31AM EST
46 degrees... a might bit nipply, but a fleece will do. Only going to 61 today.

Prolly take the pupper for a walk where we always see coyotes. That's always fun. I have a slingshot for just such occasions. Laugh
189. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Tue, 2/1/2022, 11:00AM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
A good friend of mine, (my MA dad, I adopted him and he, me) is retired. I he's like 70 yrs old.

He retired like 3 times because but he can't stay retired for long and he wants to stay busy. Old school work ethic, but his body can't do manual labor anymore. He was a welder for like 40 yrs after the got out of the Army and was rather well known in the area. He laughs... back in the day if he got pissed off at the boss, he'd quit the job and go down the street and get a hired by the completion the following day. The guy is sharp as a whip, tons of knowledge in his head, easy going.

But since he quit his recent part time gig at Wally World, he's been getting kinda stir crazy. I'm trying to encourage him to get something simple like delivery driver or something. Part time gig doing deliveries at one of the pharmacy or auto parts stores in town. Or a van driver for one of the old folks homes or the Vet center to take them to appointments and stuff.

You ain't gonna make much money on the deal but it's a little bit to pay some bills and it also gets you out and around rather than hanging out all day watching stupid stuff on TV like... soccer.

You are right on all of it. Ideally, I string together Monday through Wednesday gigs at a place, two or three to slow the financial bleed. Blood, Sex, Oxygen and Money: never a problem unless you aren’t getting enough. Last three business days as an example.

Between medical and dental bills for my wife and I, we took about a $5,000 hit. We knew $2,000-2,400 hit was coming. Two crowns and a smaller cavity added to the tab this morning. My Monday gig would net me about $4800 a year.

Yesterday the cash was a little gravy. Today it is to great a gash.

As I learned yesterday, a lot of people are worse off.
190. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Tue, 2/1/2022, 11:03AM EST
deadeyedick wrote:
Didn't pay squat so I ditched it for drug delivery to plastic surgery/dentists in an unmarked company truck. Had to keep an eye on the rear view mirror on that gig.

Will consider that angle.
191. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Tue, 2/1/2022, 11:05AM EST
MACS wrote:
46 degrees... a might bit nipply, but a fleece will do. Only going to 61 today.

Prolly take the pupper for a walk where we always see coyotes. That's always fun. I have a slingshot for just such occasions. Laugh

Who would be the favorite in a 1x1 Tank v. Single Coyote?
192. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Tue, 2/1/2022, 11:28AM EST
I'll take tank for a friendly 5er. Unclear how to calculate a spread on this
193. Author: Stogie1020Date: Tue, 2/1/2022, 12:01PM EST
ACME coyote or regular coyote?

Need to know if falling anvils and TNT are involved to determine the spread.
194. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Tue, 2/1/2022, 12:07PM EST
danmdevries wrote:
Took a job as a porter for a dealership?

Runner. Auto repair shop. Not a dealership. Spend enough time going to dealers for parts.
195. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Tue, 2/1/2022, 12:18PM EST
Combatants: Tank vs Single (CA Desert) Coyote.
Venue: Foothills of Temecula.
Lines:

-Tangle, but disengage in under a minute (-400).
-Tank for the kill (-200).
-Coyote for the kill (+300).
-Tank wins on points (-150).
-Coyote wins on points (+175).
-Shawn having a beer after (no line- duh).
196. Author: Speyside2Date: Tue, 2/1/2022, 12:29PM EST
My money is on Tank if it is one on one.
197. Author: Speyside2Date: Tue, 2/1/2022, 12:30PM EST
Morning all.
198. Author: Smooth lightDate: Tue, 2/1/2022, 1:00PM EST
🍹🍹'DOUBLE SHOT TUESDAY'🍹🍹
Still alive and well.🌞 get
Warmer ,
199. Author: MACSDate: Tue, 2/1/2022, 1:13PM EST
8trackdisco wrote:
Who would be the favorite in a 1x1 Tank v. Single Coyote?

Honestly I have only seen him legitimately pissed off one time. A female pit mix bit him and he lost his mind. He actually bit and held on to the side of her face/ear and starting shaking his head. *sigh* Broke them up quickly with no real damage but a small puncture to the female. They were about the same size.

She avoids him now and he doesn't bother her.

He's had a couple other scuffles. Stitches to his ear, and his cheek... both against much bigger German Shepherds. His problem is he does not like other dogs to boss him around. He plays fine but will not submit to dominant males, which is why I have to watch him so closely at the park.

So... 1 on 1 against a likely 75 pound coyote? He's 60 pounds, but the boy's got no quit in him. Edge to Tank. Stronger jaws, will not quit, so the coyote will have to kill him. By himself... not gonna happen. The coyote will run so Tank wins by submission.
200. Author: deadeyedickDate: Tue, 2/1/2022, 1:47PM EST
I doubt I have ever seen a coyote that even got to 50 lbs. They are not eating kibbles out there. And the only way one would tangle with a good sized dog is if it's cornered or protecting pups. Injuries on a wild animal can be fatal. They can't call a vet to patch them up.
FirstPrev23456NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic