Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
This just in!
1. Author: tugboatDate: Thu, 5/19/2022, 10:16AM EST

G.w.Bush just made a froidean slip, said during a talk in texas "Putins brutal invasion of Iraq ".

the result is an absence of checks and balances in Russia, and the decision of one man to launch a wholly unjustified and brutal invasion of Iraq," d'oh!
2. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 5/19/2022, 10:30AM EST
He was just kiddin... Mellow
3. Author: RayRDate: Thu, 5/19/2022, 10:37AM EST
Oh yes, GWB, reminiscin' about his wholly unjustified and brutal invasion of Iraq.
Did you know he is a lifelong gaffer like Joey B.?.
4. Author: Speyside2Date: Thu, 5/19/2022, 11:14AM EST
Question number one. Was there any president you have liked during your lifetime? Question number two. Is there any president throughout our history you have liked?
5. Author: HockeyDadDate: Thu, 5/19/2022, 11:33AM EST
Speyside2 wrote:
Question number one. Was there any president you have liked during your lifetime? Question number two. Is there any president throughout our history you have liked?

I’m guessing William Henry Harrison.
6. Author: Burner02Date: Thu, 5/19/2022, 12:22PM EST
Not a big deal. When you are 70 plus, sh*t will happen.

Just look at poor Joe.
7. Author: RayRDate: Thu, 5/19/2022, 12:41PM EST
William Henry Harrison died on his 32nd day as President, so old Tippecanoe didn't have much chance to cause trouble. He is considered among the greats for that reason alone.

John Tyler, Harrison's Vice President was his successor. He was also one of the greatest because he was in the Whig Party and fooled all those evil Whigs by being a strict constructionist Jeffersonian.

DiLorenzo explains it all here:

The President Who Was Expelled from His Own Party
(And the First to be Subjected to Impeachment)

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/02/thomas-dilorenzo/the-president-who-was-expelled-from-his-own-party/

Spey asks Question #1: "Was there any president you have liked during your lifetime?"

I did like Reagan's anti-left rhetoric. A mixed bag on policy.
Trump was at least amusing, but again a mixed bag on policy.

Spey's Question #2: Is there any president throughout our history you have liked?

It's a short list. The last president I would have wholeheartedly supported if I were alive back then was Grover Cleveland.
More recent than that, Coolidge was good.

Aside from Harrison and Tyler already mentioned, Jefferson was cool and certainly important as an indispensable man like Washington and Madison, but like others he was best as not-president than the president. 1st term good, overthrowing the the terrible Federalists (misnamed, actually nationalists), the second term not as good.
Martin Van Buren was a great one, a Jeffersonian to the core, one of the true "Old Republicans".

8. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Thu, 5/19/2022, 8:13PM EST
What does a toddler and a politician have in common?
You can tell when they’re full of ****.
9. Author: RayRDate: Sat, 5/21/2022, 11:05AM EST
My reply to Spey has rendered him SPEECHLESS, I think.
10. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Sat, 5/21/2022, 3:15PM EST
What do 15-year-old boys and washing machines have in common?
They both like keeping one sock for themselves
11. Author: RayRDate: Tue, 5/24/2022, 4:33PM EST
What does Joe Biden and Harry Truman have in common?

They both earned the lowest approval ratings since WWII. Joey beat him though, his number is even lower! An historic accomplishment!
12. Author: tonygrazDate: Tue, 5/24/2022, 6:21PM EST
DrafterX wrote:
He was just kiddin... Mellow

Alex Jones says it's a hoax.
13. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Tue, 5/24/2022, 9:52PM EST
What happens when you cut down a tree?
It falls down … what were you expecting?
14. Author: Mike3316Date: Wed, 5/25/2022, 12:24AM EST
Speyside2 wrote:

Presidents Ive liked in my lifetime .... Reagan (first presidential election I voted in). I agree with Ray - mixed bag on policy. I wasn't happy with his compromise on immigration. He made the same mistake conservatives have made for decades - he took the left at their word to secure the boarder. Inspirational speaker - he actually gave a speech at my high school! I also liked Trump. I thought he could have helped himself more it he had Tweeted less - but I did agree with most of his policy proposals.

Historical presidents .... I'm generally a fan of Jefferson (in spite of slaver ownership), Madison, Lincoln (for obvious reasons), and Teddy Roosevelt.
15. Author: RayRDate: Wed, 5/25/2022, 9:45AM EST
Mike, I liked you until you said you liked the mythical Lincoln (for obvious reasons that are not clear to me), and Teddy Roosevelt. Geez!.

Did you know Lincoln sold his wife's share of the family slaves when her father Robert Smith Todd died, the ones that he inherited, yup he didn't emancipate them just like he never freed any slaves when he was president...HE SOLD THEM!)
16. Author: ZRX1200Date: Wed, 5/25/2022, 10:44AM EST
W making a gaff is news? He’s older than when he was doing it regularly in public.
17. Author: RayRDate: Wed, 5/25/2022, 11:41AM EST
ZRX1200 wrote:
W making a gaff is news? He’s older than when he was doing it regularly in public.

True...True
. I loved that old gaffe when he said, "There's an old sayin in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee that says Fool me once....shame on you. You fool me, but you can't get fooled again." LOL
18. Author: frankj1Date: Wed, 5/25/2022, 12:13PM EST
Too many OB/GYN's aren't able to practice their love with women all across the country.

and

I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family.
19. Author: RayRDate: Wed, 5/25/2022, 12:43PM EST
Ya, those are good ones too Frank.

I always thought he was the dopiest President things of all time...then Biden came along.
I will always curse Bush for giving us Obama and Biden.
20. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Wed, 5/25/2022, 10:05PM EST
What happened to the lost boy when he arrived home?
He was no longer lost.
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic