Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
Bucket List
1. Author: AbrignacDate: Thu, 6/13/2024, 8:41AM EST
Now that I’ve adjusted to being divorced I’ve decided to do some things I missed out on while married. Don’t think two people were more different than my ex and I.

So the first thing on my list is to go skydiving. I found a place about an hour from my house. They jump from 10,000 feet and freefall for about 45 seconds then pull the ripcord and descend under the chute for 5-7 minutes.

It’s $225 for the jump plus another $100 for pictures and a video. I’m planning to go around the 14th of July which is a couple of days after my 59th birthday. I might chit my pants but what the hell. You only live once.
2. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 6/13/2024, 8:51AM EST
I am not afraid of heights. I've jumped off bridges/cliffs that were 75 feet above the water. But that's survivable if it goes wrong.

10,000 feet up if something goes wrong, you're dead and you have a couple minutes to contemplate the impact. Hard no for me.

Incidentally... worked with a retired marine when I was in the jail. He was an instructor. Died on a jump... that was my sign, right there. Not gon' do it.
3. Author: Gene363Date: Thu, 6/13/2024, 8:59AM EST
Another hard no.

I love flying in small planes, but I've never considered climbing out of a flying airplane, nope, no, not happening, no, heck no.
4. Author: Burner02Date: Thu, 6/13/2024, 9:07AM EST
No reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.
5. Author: AbrignacDate: Thu, 6/13/2024, 9:34AM EST
Burner02 wrote:
No reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

My Chief in AD school used to say the same thing. I followed his instructions for 37 years. 🤷‍♂️
6. Author: deadeyedickDate: Thu, 6/13/2024, 10:42AM EST
Been there, done that. The class was the hard part for me. Lasted 6-7 hours. Wifey gave it to me as a 60th birthday present. Pretty sure she was trying to bump me off. Her 96 year old dad did a tandem jump.
7. Author: ZRX1200Date: Thu, 6/13/2024, 12:25PM EST
My dad always said only two things fall out of the sky.

1) bird 💩

2) idiots

I don’t enjoy heights so not my thing but pretty cool to push yourself and boundaries. That’s healthy growth.
8. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 6/13/2024, 1:30PM EST
ZRX1200 wrote:
My dad always said only two things fall out of the sky.

1) bird 💩

2) idiots

I don’t enjoy heights so not my thing but pretty cool to push yourself and boundaries. That’s healthy growth.

He forgot broken planes...
9. Author: AbrignacDate: Thu, 6/13/2024, 1:42PM EST
deadeyedick wrote:
Been there, done that. The class was the hard part for me. Lasted 6-7 hours. Wifey gave it to me as a 60th birthday present. Pretty sure she was trying to bump me off. Her 96 year old dad did a tandem jump.

This time is just a tandem in a harness. If I end up enjoying myself then I’ll have to look into the classes.
10. Author: HockeyDadDate: Thu, 6/13/2024, 3:26PM EST
My wife has tandem skydived twice. The daughter forced into these things. She went once in Florida and once in Minden, Nevada where you see Lake Tahoe most of the time. They film it and set it to music which is kinda cool.

On the video for the Tahoe dive, you can see where the instructor pulls the rip cord and it comes completely detached from the parachute. He looks up and sees the parachute opening so all is fine.

When they got back to the hanger he throws the parachute and rip cord at the guy packing them and said “I broke your parachute.”
11. Author: RobertHivelyDate: Thu, 6/13/2024, 3:38PM EST

I'd definitely like to find CROS
12. Author: RobertHivelyDate: Thu, 6/13/2024, 3:40PM EST
Abrignac wrote:
Now that I’ve adjusted to being divorced I’ve decided to do some things I missed out on while married. Don’t think two people were more different than my ex and I.

So the first thing on my list is to go skydiving. I found a place about an hour from my house. They jump from 10,000 feet and freefall for about 45 seconds then pull the ripcord and descend under the chute for 5-7 minutes.

It’s $225 for the jump plus another $100 for pictures and a video. I’m planning to go around the 14th of July which is a couple of days after my 59th birthday. I might chit my pants but what the hell. You only live once.

My sister and bro in law have went skydiving, but I don't think I ever will.

Good luck man.
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic