America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 2 weeks ago by chazbo. 214 replies replies.
5 Pages<12345
Spring mystery cigar reviews
ypetryna Offline
#201 Posted:
Joined: 07-19-2012
Posts: 333
stinger88 wrote:
Ypetryna, the cigars were
1. La Perla Habana Wide (last time we did this, I was given one and I gave it high marks) Yard Gar
2. AF Añejo, I believe it was a 46 but not sure. (Mid range...kind of) I really like the Añejos
3. AF Don Carlos Anniversario (Premium)

I am a little surprised about the Don Carlos review but on the other hand, I have had a few expensive AF that didn't live up to the hype and expense.

David


Wow. Yeah i do suck at this. That was one he ll of a yard and mid range, and i really want to revist that AF. What a. Great selection. I was kinda close to the yard gar write up i think, and im excited for the 2 anejos i have resting for a good day. Thanks for the fine smokes dave, i have palate refining i clearly need to work on
stinger88 Offline
#202 Posted:
Joined: 05-29-2012
Posts: 4,368
You are not the only one.
namadio Offline
#203 Posted:
Joined: 11-24-2014
Posts: 1,532
stinger88 wrote:

1. La Perla Habana Wide (last time we did this, I was given one and I gave it high marks) Yard Gar


I'm thinking we got a sleeper here!!
chazbo Offline
#204 Posted:
Joined: 01-21-2007
Posts: 7,454
Don't know where dharbolt is? Only one not to finished any reviewsThink
NWStogie Offline
#205 Posted:
Joined: 07-25-2016
Posts: 341
I hope he survived my cigars... He said he had a cold and was waiting for it to clear up before sampling/smoking/reviewing.
Stinkdyr Offline
#206 Posted:
Joined: 06-16-2009
Posts: 9,803
tamapatom wrote:
Well.....lesson learned. When falling off a dock just get wet.

I ran and tripped trying to warn a guy that he was backing his car off the seawall. Second lesson: Don't care about other people's stuff.

As i fell sideways, I grabbed a dock piling and spun around splaying my forearm open (about an inch wide by 4 inches) on a screw and then grating my left leg on barnacles as i slid down into the water anyway. 13 stitches and lots of superglue for the small stuff. Tetnus shot. Spent 5 hours in the ER then had to drive a boat at 1 AM with no lights in pitch black to get to the house. Couldnt get pain meds till next day so I used vodka.

Sounds better as a shark attack story but that didnt get me through the ER any quicker.



TamponTommy.........you frikkin KEELHauled your bad self!!

d'oh!
tamapatom Offline
#207 Posted:
Joined: 03-19-2015
Posts: 6,277
Stinkdyr wrote:
TamponTommy.........you frikkin KEELHauled your bad self!!

d'oh!

Now that you mention that..........should have drank rum instead of vodka afterward........
frankj1 Offline
#208 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 15,742
tamapatom wrote:
Now that you mention that..........should have drank rum instead of vodka afterward........

and posted it in da rum forum
Stinkdyr Offline
#209 Posted:
Joined: 06-16-2009
Posts: 9,803
stinger88 wrote:
Ypetryna, the cigars were
1. La Perla Habana Wide (last time we did this, I was given one and I gave it high marks) Yard Gar
2. AF Añejo, I believe it was a 46 but not sure. (Mid range...kind of) I really like the Añejos
3. AF Don Carlos Anniversario (Premium)

I am a little surprised about the Don Carlos review but on the other hand, I have had a few expensive AF that didn't live up to the hype and expense.

David
__________________________

Wow. Yeah i do suck at this. That was one he ll of a yard and mid range, and i really want to revist that AF. What a. Great selection. I was kinda close to the yard gar write up i think, and im excited for the 2 anejos i have resting for a good day. Thanks for the fine smokes dave, i have palate refining i clearly need to work on

______________________________________________

I would say you do NOT suck at this. Those AF Don Carlos always show up on folks' lists of over-rated cigars.
They underwhelm at best.
So, I would say you nailed it!

Herfing
tamapatom Offline
#210 Posted:
Joined: 03-19-2015
Posts: 6,277
If this was easy, everyone would be doing it!
99cobra2881 Offline
#211 Posted:
Joined: 11-19-2013
Posts: 2,335
I've got some sort of reoccurring pain in the ass sinus infection that hits me every time I smoke a cigar. I'll get my last review done once this crap clears up although there will be a lot less retrohailing.
chazbo Offline
#212 Posted:
Joined: 01-21-2007
Posts: 7,454
^ that sucks, hope you feel better. Don't know what happen to dharbolt, haven't seen him post on the forum in some timeThink
99cobra2881 Offline
#213 Posted:
Joined: 11-19-2013
Posts: 2,335
Yeah I figured out the cause it was me retrohaling nearly every draw.

Finished up the third blind cigar on Sunday.

Keeping with the previous 2 cigars this one was also a toro sized cigar light brown habano wrapper. Noticeable seams, some tooth on the wrapper with a few small veins.

The cigar had a slightly wavy burn but never needed any kind of a touch up. The flavor reminded me of toasted nuts with sweet tobacco. Milder than the other two. Flavor never changed throughout the entire cigar which didn't bother me. It was an enjoyable cigar. Not too much to write on this one.

Thanks again for doing this Chazbo. I'm looking fwd to seeing what these were.
chazbo Offline
#214 Posted:
Joined: 01-21-2007
Posts: 7,454
Cobra99,
1. Ave Maria Divinia-top
2. Diesel .5-yard
3. Crowned Heads four kicks-mid
Glad your feeling better.
Chazbo
Users browsing this topic
Guest (3)
5 Pages<12345