America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 2 weeks ago by DrafterX. 155 replies replies.
4 Pages<1234>
da Wall....
DrafterX Offline
#101 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 75,596
I almost entered a Sharon once.. but I was married to her sister . She wanted me tho... Mellow
frankj1 Offline
#102 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 16,144
I live near Sharon. It is a very nice town, just rural enough, just close enough to the city. Excellent schools, high prop taxes (which explains the excellent schools).

Unique in that they have a peaceful and respectful mix...VERY strong Jewish presence, comfortable for Blacks, there's a mosque, many from India and other Asian ethnicities...amazing mix of races, religions and cultures. Their common ground is they are almost all upwardly mobile people. the highest achievers in America from across the spectrum of the melting pot. In many ways a model of what America would strive to look like if all races, creeds and colors were successful. And they respect each other.

Despite their wealth, Sharon residents are likely very liberal in their voting habits, unlike other ultra-wealthy communities like Dover, Cohasset, Norwell, Westwood, blah blah blah which are 98.2% white.
DrafterX Offline
#103 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 75,596
Sounds like they could use a cold one... Beer
frankj1 Offline
#104 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 16,144
DrafterX wrote:
Sounds like they could use a cold one... Beer

I believe it is a dry town. Sad.
DrafterX Offline
#105 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 75,596
OhMyGod
RMAN4443 Offline
#106 Posted:
Joined: 09-29-2016
Posts: 894
frankj1 wrote:
I believe it is a dry town. Sad.

Pretty sure you can get liquor at restaurants with a meal, but they don't allow Package Stores..........Liquor Stores to the rest of the world



d'oh! Beer
frankj1 Offline
#107 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 16,144
RMAN4443 wrote:
Pretty sure you can get liquor at restaurants with a meal, but they don't allow Package Stores..........Liquor Stores to the rest of the world



d'oh! Beer

true. but they have very few restaurants, and maybe two traffic lights.
Wards Berry Farm is pretty cool though. Sharon is a nice place for Americans of all kinds to live in peace.
DrafterX Offline
#108 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 75,596
I bet CROS would like it there..... poor CROS. .. Sad
tailgater Offline
#109 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,449
RMAN4443 wrote:
If I remember correctly, don't you have to "Enter Dennis" on the way to Province town?.............not that there's anything wrong with that Whistle


I was going to say that you could avoid Dennis by taking the back roads...

tailgater Offline
#110 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,449
DrafterX wrote:
I almost entered a Sharon once.. but I was married to her sister . She wanted me tho... Mellow


Hope she wasn't as boring as the town.

Or as dry.
tonygraz Offline
#111 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 8,450
I live fairly close to Sharon. They have a hospital and many doctors offices and not much else - nice quiet little town with a small population.
tonygraz Offline
#112 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 8,450
DrafterX wrote:
I almost entered a Sharon once.. but I was married to her sister . She wanted me tho... Mellow



Did you see her boobs ?
TMCTLT Offline
#113 Posted:
Joined: 11-22-2007
Posts: 18,723


This is classic.....


http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2017/04/feds-wildlife-groups-use-bogus-endangered-species-science-block-border-fence/?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Tipsheet%204-10-17%20(1)&utm_content=
DrafterX Offline
#114 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 75,596
I'm not surprised at all... there'll prolly be more... Mellow
tonygraz Offline
#115 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 8,450
Fake news sites ?
victor809 Offline
#116 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,174
But without fake news what would he have to read?
TMCTLT Offline
#117 Posted:
Joined: 11-22-2007
Posts: 18,723


http://ussanews.com/News1/2017/04/11/attorney-general-sessions-pledges-to-charge-illegal-immigrants-with-felony-for-re-entering-u-s-illegally/



Applause and Beer
Brewha Offline
#118 Posted:
Joined: 01-25-2010
Posts: 7,844
frankj1 wrote:
I live near Sharon. It is a very nice town, just rural enough, just close enough to the city. Excellent schools, high prop taxes (which explains the excellent schools).

Unique in that they have a peaceful and respectful mix...VERY strong Jewish presence, comfortable for Blacks, there's a mosque, many from India and other Asian ethnicities...amazing mix of races, religions and cultures. Their common ground is they are almost all upwardly mobile people. the highest achievers in America from across the spectrum of the melting pot. In many ways a model of what America would strive to look like if all races, creeds and colors were successful. And they respect each other.

Despite their wealth, Sharon residents are likely very liberal in their voting habits, unlike other ultra-wealthy communities like Dover, Cohasset, Norwell, Westwood, blah blah blah which are 98.2% white.

Communities are not about race, they are about class. And where you have concentrations of the educated and upwardly mobile, predominantly liberal attitudes are typical.

Where you have a community of racially pure working class, you will find hard core conservatism - or worse....
DrafterX Offline
#119 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 75,596
what country are you talking about..?? Huh

Oklahoma ain't built that way... Not talking
tonygraz Offline
#120 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 8,450
Even after they shook it up a bit ?
tailgater Offline
#121 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,449
Brewha wrote:
Communities are not about race, they are about class. And where you have concentrations of the educated and upwardly mobile, predominantly liberal attitudes are typical.

Where you have a community of racially pure working class, you will find hard core conservatism - or worse....


In my town, the precincts with the highest property value are the most conservative.

But that's just anecdotal...

delta1 Offline
#122 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 10,422
Just the opposite in Los Angeles... home to the entertainment industry... the original, enduring and most imaginative alternative facts universe...
DrafterX Offline
#123 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 75,596
entertainers and politicians are one in the same.. Not talking
victor809 Offline
#124 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,174
Tail... that doesn't quite explain sf
Brewha Offline
#125 Posted:
Joined: 01-25-2010
Posts: 7,844
tailgater wrote:
In my town, the precincts with the highest property value are the most conservative.

But that's just anecdotal...


Well, seems the 1%ers would all be about has hard core conservative as one could be. It suits the desired effect of class stratification. Besides, you can't really make it on the backs of others if you want to fund social programs.

Anyway, my example was of the educated and asending class. Not the local old moneyed owners.

Just my obeservation....
Brewha Offline
#126 Posted:
Joined: 01-25-2010
Posts: 7,844
DrafterX wrote:
what country are you talking about..?? Huh
Oklahoma ain't built that way... Not talking

Are we talking about the same Oklahoma? I mean the one just north of Texas - that is not actually a country.
frankj1 Offline
#127 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 16,144
Brewha wrote:
Well, seems the 1%ers would all be about has hard core conservative as one could be. It suits the desired effect of class stratification. Besides, you can't really make it on the backs of others if you want to fund social programs.

Anyway, my example was of the educated and asending class. Not the local old moneyed owners.

Just my obeservation....

I think it's great for America to have ascending minority classes. It proves that our ideals can work...Sharon MA is a shining example...Mr. President, tear down that wall!
Brewha Offline
#128 Posted:
Joined: 01-25-2010
Posts: 7,844
frankj1 wrote:
I think it's great for America to have ascending minority classes. It proves that our ideals can work...Sharon MA is a shining example...Mr. President, tear down that wall!

Agreed.

An yet, this is the day that the mop has floped.

The working folks be sick of seeing money waisted on benefits for the needy (veterans get included, too bad) and the pain of listening to the right struggle of people they just don't understand. Besides, they been getting effed over wages for years. So, they happily watch as their version of "hope and change" throws away environmental regulation, banking regulation, and pours even more tax money into the largest by far military in the world. Hell, they don't understand any of that anyway. And many of these low brow clowns actual believe that America is no longer great. But they wants them some change.

But you have to love the hard right that takes pride in that when the whip came down, and we all had to choose left or right - did not choose.
The middle of the road is the worst place to walk.....




But, at least The Wall will help us further oppress the working poor immigrants. Keeping the cost of undocumented labor low - for the sake of economic growth among buisness owners.

You know - if you wanted to slow the tide of illegal immigration, all you would need do is go after the people that hire them.

But that would not be good buisness, would it?
frankj1 Offline
#129 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 16,144
Brewha wrote:
Agreed.


You know - if you wanted to slow the tide of illegal immigration, all you would need do is go after the people that hire them.

But that would not be good buisness, would it?


true, but then who would mow my lawn and refill my water glass at restaurants?
DrafterX Offline
#130 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 75,596
you mean enforce existing laws..?? no there's an original idea... ThumpUp
TMCTLT Offline
#131 Posted:
Joined: 11-22-2007
Posts: 18,723
Brewha wrote:
Agreed.

An yet, this is the day that the mop has floped.

The working folks be sick of seeing money waisted on benefits for the needy (veterans get included, too bad) and the pain of listening to the right struggle of people they just don't understand. Besides, they been getting effed over wages for years. So, they happily watch as their version of "hope and change" throws away environmental regulation, banking regulation, and pours even more tax money into the largest by far military in the world. Hell, they don't understand any of that anyway. And many of these low brow clowns actual believe that America is no longer great. But they wants them some change.

But you have to love the hard right that takes pride in that when the whip came down, and we all had to choose left or right - did not choose.
The middle of the road is the worst place to walk.....




But, at least The Wall will help us further oppress the working poor immigrants. Keeping the cost of undocumented labor low - for the sake of economic growth among buisness owners.

You know - if you wanted to slow the tide of illegal immigration, all you would need do is go after the people that hire them.

But that would not be good buisness, would it?




Agree with the highlighted absolutely...but you and those like you who have the unique ability to FORGET or simply IGNORE that the overwhelming majority of them here....are here ILLEGALLY. I cannot feel sorry for them, I would expect and receive much worse if I tried to enter their criminal country. Those poor Illegals as you put it ARE part and parcel why wages are now lower for anyone and everyone @ the blue collar level.
DrafterX Offline
#132 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 75,596
Many of the illegals work for other illegals as well... especially the landscaping and brick laying companies.. Mellow
opelmanta1900 Offline
#133 Posted:
Joined: 01-10-2012
Posts: 5,285
Brewha wrote:


You know - if you wanted to slow the tide of illegal immigration, all you would need do is go after the people that hire them.

But that would not be good buisness, would it?

It would actually just be a terrible idea... if I'm employing illegal immigrants and you come after me and threaten to fine me, I'll sell my business to pay for lawyers to fight you before i pay you a dime... and now you, the government, have to spend your money fighting me... much smarter if you just take my illegal work force away...
DrafterX Offline
#134 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 75,596
maybe.. but we'd still have to smack you around a little bit at least... Mellow
tonygraz Offline
#135 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 8,450
frankj1 wrote:
true, but then who would mow my lawn and refill my water glass at restaurants?


A couple of years ago I heard it was Bulgarians - on the cape.
Brewha Offline
#136 Posted:
Joined: 01-25-2010
Posts: 7,844
TMCTLT wrote:
Agree with the highlighted absolutely...but you and those like you who have the unique ability to FORGET or simply IGNORE that the overwhelming majority of them here....are here ILLEGALLY. I cannot feel sorry for them, I would expect and receive much worse if I tried to enter their criminal country. Those poor Illegals as you put it ARE part and parcel why wages are now lower for anyone and everyone @ the blue collar level.

"You and those like you"....
You are gem TMC, a case hardened metamorphic crystalline structure devoid of dendritic imperfection. A rock to some, but to me you sparkle like Iron Pyrite - which is metaphorically correct.

Your lack of compassion for these other...humans...makes perfect sence. Afterall, "their kind" is not like you. What a seeming tragedy for them.

Seems obvious that they are the poor and huddled masses that we once invited. As true Americans, how should we treat them now?



If they drive wages down it is by the practice of law. And business - which has become the judicial branch of government in our country. Our issue is not with them - is it?
Brewha Offline
#137 Posted:
Joined: 01-25-2010
Posts: 7,844
opelmanta1900 wrote:
It would actually just be a terrible idea... if I'm employing illegal immigrants and you come after me and threaten to fine me, I'll sell my business to pay for lawyers to fight you before i pay you a dime... and now you, the government, have to spend your money fighting me... much smarter if you just take my illegal work force away...

Well, I reckon that makes sence.

So what of The Wall? How does us spending Billions for a stop gap symbol really help anyone other then the Govmut contractors who are in bed with the administration?

We need an immigrant, cheap labor policy. Come here and work for 5-10 year, stay out of trouble, and we will give you 20 acres and a mule (built by Ford).


Just a thought.....
TMCTLT Offline
#138 Posted:
Joined: 11-22-2007
Posts: 18,723
Brewha wrote:
"You and those like you"....
You are gem TMC, a case hardened metamorphic crystalline structure devoid of dendritic imperfection. A rock to some, but to me you sparkle like Iron Pyrite - which is metaphorically correct.

Your lack of compassion for these other...humans...makes perfect sence. Afterall, "their kind" is not like you. What a seeming tragedy for them.

Seems obvious that they are the poor and huddled masses that we once invited. As true Americans, how should we treat them now?



If they drive wages down it is by the practice of law. And business - which has become the judicial branch of government in our country. Our issue is not with them - is it?


Don't you dare make statements regarding " practice of law "
You can only come to this delusional conclusion by looking completely past the FACT we have something called LAWS regarding entering and or staying past your visa issuance date. And it has absolutely zero to do with " their kind " but nice deflection and attempt @ calling me a bigot

Poor and huddled masses my asses....d'oh!
frankj1 Offline
#139 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 16,144
visa entrances will not be affected by a wall

save the money the wall would cost.
Brewha Offline
#140 Posted:
Joined: 01-25-2010
Posts: 7,844
TMCTLT wrote:
Don't you dare make statements regarding " practice of law "
You can only come to this delusional conclusion by looking completely past the FACT we have something called LAWS regarding entering and or staying past your visa issuance date. And it has absolutely zero to do with " their kind " but nice deflection and attempt @ calling me a bigot

Poor and huddled masses my asses....d'oh!

Too late - I already did Smile

To clarify, my delusion is that we do not enforce our laws by design. To benefit business. Would you disagree?


And I was not trying to imply bigotry. A lack of empathy, maybe. Perhaps even misanthropy. Well, at least a bad attitude....
Brewha Offline
#141 Posted:
Joined: 01-25-2010
Posts: 7,844
frankj1 wrote:
visa entrances will not be affected by a wall

save the money the wall would cost.

I wonder what would happen to the illegals if we forced all business to use people that are here legally and pay them a living wage.....

Think
DrafterX Offline
#142 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 75,596
we could give them jobs building da wall.. ThumpUp
tailgater Offline
#143 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,449
victor809 wrote:
Tail... that doesn't quite explain sf


Mine is not a stand alone comment. It was in response to brother brewha's post.
Things shouldn't be categorized so simply. I've heard you complain in the past about generalized statements used to make specific points.
As always, the truth lies in the middle, but the middle doesn't seem to have a pulse lately.

victor809 Offline
#144 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 12,174
Meh...
Brew made a statement about areas where there is "upper class", "education" and something else... you short-handed it to "property values" and equated that to conservative...

But your extrapolation to property values is imperfect. I was showing you that. Otherwise SF would be the most conservative city in the US.

delta1 Offline
#145 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 10,422
...and L. A. ...although there are conservative enclaves with property values in the stratosphere, just about every voting district with highest per capita income in L.A. County is overwhelmingly Dem...
tailgater Offline
#146 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,449
victor809 wrote:
Meh...
Brew made a statement about areas where there is "upper class", "education" and something else... you short-handed it to "property values" and equated that to conservative...

But your extrapolation to property values is imperfect. I was showing you that. Otherwise SF would be the most conservative city in the US.



Fair enough.

I guess we could assume that the upper class own the lower priced properties...

tailgater Offline
#147 Posted:
Joined: 06-01-2000
Posts: 19,449
delta1 wrote:
...and L. A. ...although there are conservative enclaves with property values in the stratosphere, just about every voting district with highest per capita income in L.A. County is overwhelmingly Dem...


I thought we were talking about America. Not LA.

opelmanta1900 Offline
#148 Posted:
Joined: 01-10-2012
Posts: 5,285
Brewha wrote:
Well, I reckon that makes sence.

So what of The Wall? How does us spending Billions for a stop gap symbol really help anyone other then the Govmut contractors who are in bed with the administration?

We need an immigrant, cheap labor policy. Come here and work for 5-10 year, stay out of trouble, and we will give you 20 acres and a mule (built by Ford).


Just a thought.....

What of the wall indeed... Donald wants it because it will be in place a very long time, will be associated with him forever, and will probably be visible from space... it will be the largest construction project in modern day history, and he'll be head foreman...

The average American who wants it, wants it because if you ask "what's a greater discouragement to illegal immigration: a giant desert or a giant desert with a wall", the latter is the more obvious...

I don't think a cheap immigrant labor force is a good idea... Canada for instance has laws that make it impossible to get paid to do work a Canadian citizen can do... if a Canadian entertainment company makes any form of entertainment (tv show, movie, cartoon) every single person who works on the production has to be Canadian... it's strict, but it ensures Canadian jobs are saved for Canadians...

I think that kind of policy would work very well in America when coupled with a robust immigration policy formed specifically for Mexico and other high risk latin American countries that greatly increases citizenship opportunities...

if people are coming but don't want to stay, no work for you... if you want to be here let's get the citizenship papers ready and get you to work... there a wall to be built!
Brewha Offline
#149 Posted:
Joined: 01-25-2010
Posts: 7,844
opelmanta1900 wrote:
What of the wall indeed... Donald wants it because it will be in place a very long time, will be associated with him forever, and will probably be visible from space... it will be the largest construction project in modern day history, and he'll be head foreman...

The average American who wants it, wants it because if you ask "what's a greater discouragement to illegal immigration: a giant desert or a giant desert with a wall", the latter is the more obvious...

I don't think a cheap immigrant labor force is a good idea... Canada for instance has laws that make it impossible to get paid to do work a Canadian citizen can do... if a Canadian entertainment company makes any form of entertainment (tv show, movie, cartoon) every single person who works on the production has to be Canadian... it's strict, but it ensures Canadian jobs are saved for Canadians...

I think that kind of policy would work very well in America when coupled with a robust immigration policy formed specifically for Mexico and other high risk latin American countries that greatly increases citizenship opportunities...

if people are coming but don't want to stay, no work for you... if you want to be here let's get the citizenship papers ready and get you to work... there a wall to be built!

I think the way to fix things need not include buillions of taxpayer dollars for a wall. Don Don said he would get Mexico to pay for it. Now I never for a moment thought that would work, but lot of folks actually thought it would....

Some folks will believe anything.
DrafterX Offline
#150 Posted:
Joined: 10-18-2005
Posts: 75,596
If we don't pay the illegals the welfare we're saving money right..?? Huh
Users browsing this topic
Guest (4)
4 Pages<1234>